Enemy Detection Pets No Longer Look at Target

Adorkable

• 2 weeks later...

As for alert pets "look at" the enemy - My alert pet has never faced the enemy. It just runs around in a circle. If the pet would "agro" and face the enemy, that would be awesome! We would know if the enemy is left, right, ahead, or sneaking up behind us.

As for alert pets "target" the enemy - Sometimes my alert pet has a target, sometimes not. If I target my pet, and my pet has a target, I can CLICK ON my alert pet's target to switch my target to the enemy.  (The ~ key does NOT target my pet's target. We have to click on the pet's target.)

Then mark and use any attack skill. Our character will start to move in the direction of the enemy, rotate camera until we see the mark, and the is game on!

Range is important to the alert pet's target. The alert range is larger then the target range. My pet will alert, and I watch for the pet to target the enemy.

MayBlue

I play Elyos. I named my alert pet "Azmo" with a 'Z', really. "Such a good boy you are Azmo! You're the cutest furry Azmo every! You're just so cute."

I believe MayBlue is correct. Your alert pet doesn't actually target anything. It just alerts you that someone is near. If it actually targeted the enemy (even those in stealth) that would be extremely unfair for sins and rangers.

I wanted to reply to this thread ages ago, but couldn't find it.

I happened to be targeting my pet some time ago (last week maybe?), and happened to notice that Alert pets do indeed target the nearby enemy. I suppose it it a matter of proximity.

Once I get home, I can post a picture. I screenshoted that because I had noy noticed it before.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:49 PM, Aly-DN said:

I believe MayBlue is correct. Your alert pet doesn't actually target anything. It just alerts you that someone is near. If it actually targeted the enemy (even those in stealth) that would be extremely unfair for sins and rangers.

My alert pet will target sins in hide.

If the sin is in hide and I click on my pet's target, I will NOT target the sin in hide. I must then use my "see sins in hide skill," THEN I click my pet's target again, and I will target the sin.

Sometimes the name of my alert pet's target is YELLOW. Sometimes the name of my alert pet's target is RED. Most of the time yellow is first then it turns to red. I think range changes the color from yellow to red. When the sin is close, the pet's target turns from yellow to red.

The first time my alert pet was targeting a sin in hide, I though it was a glitch, but I had to ask myself, "Has my pet always been able to do this, and I just didn't notice it for years?"

I so much like how this game always has something new to discover.

MayBlue

"I'm glad you're here," my favorite Shugo quote.

Archived