Let's Talk about the Deava Pass....

Rag-DN

So the deava pass is a neat idea and concept....HOWEVER, to unlock the Premium Rewards it takes ,1320 Quna.... that's  $30..... ontop of paying for Siels Aura every month.... and the rewards are just...meh esp since the enchant stones you get are complete RNG gamble that most likely will spit out low level enchant stones.  Also this is NOT account wide, you have to purchase it for EACH CHARACTER....

How do you guys feel about this feature?

Personally I was considering it if it was just like $5 a month more...but another $30 just seems not worth it.

@Kibbelz  How did you guys figure this pricing model for this feature? Also maybe take notes from players on this.

The $30 bucks is based off of Korea directly. You can see here that Quna is identical to ours:

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/8381-pay-to-play-discussion/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-89917

That being said, I think $30 bucks is too steep, considering that the pet eggs there are only for 30 days. Someone mentioned in LFG that the pass is only worth it at the beginning, not so much once you've farmed a bit. A price of $20 sounds more reasonable in my mind.

Guest CANDIES 100k

They have enough data that supports them keeping the price points. There are plenty of people that can afford and will spend the money on this as well as candies. This is setup to support the wallets first. Reason it's free 2 play as well, it makes it easier from a legal perspective for them to sustain this setup. Since there is no "forced" paywall in place to play at baseline. 

Especially with classic, very very very little development work needs to be done. Just bug fixes from time to time. They will continue you add more items to the shop. Just as they have with their other IP's. People also forgetting a lot of this is coming from their MOBILE success testing the waters further their!

10 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

That being said, I think $30 bucks is too steep, considering that the pet eggs there are only for 30 days. Someone mentioned in LFG that the pass is only worth it at the beginning, not so much once you've farmed a bit. A price of $20 sounds more reasonable in my mind.

Sadly, they will soon change the rewards from the Daeva Pass if they see that people aren't ..happy with it. And..what do you think they will add so that more people buy the Daeva Pass ? 

..exactly! :) 

For the total value of what is on the pass I'd say 15 bucks would be my upper limit for any future purchases beyond the first month. RNG enchantment stones that I'm 100% going to beef into enchantment failures is not something I want to pay extra money for, I'd rather just run instances and disenchant stuff. Too much of the pass is either temporary, rooted in RNG with a decent chance of failure, or geared toward establishing a new character (coins). Literally nothing on there is alluring to me at a 30 dollar price point and I'm not sweating the people who do buy it.

Make stuff permanent and then we're talking. Good rotating rewards, pack pets, motions, skins, etc, those are the things that would justify a 30 dollar price point and drive sales each month. Just keep AP off it as much as possible, especially with our kinah printing dilemma.

I wouldn't buy it even if it was 15$ so pricing it 30$ was wise, those willing to pay extra to play classic and p2w would pay 50$ if they had to.

I'll play my month since I paid for it and then I'll zip off. There is nothing satisfying about running with 6 speed, casting skills super slow and having to rest every 2 mobs to fill my MP because back in those days sorcs needed half an MP bar to kill one mob.

The only reason why I wanted to try Classic was because of the professions, the old maps and the no p2w, but it turns out p2w is included at least in a form of kinah with candies.

Guest Zergie

Why all the complaints?

The more expensive and useless it is, the less impact it will have on the game. Just don't buy it.

The alternative is a daeva pass with items you can't miss out on, basically forcing you to buy it. Does that sound better? 

IMO, the more useless and expensive it is, the better for the game.

Guest 3dnetmax

So in your eyes, NCsoft could lower the price to meet demand for a few items of value. Or they could bring up the quality of the contents inside the Daeva Pass to justify 30$.

It seems like a pretty important feature they made all pretty and decide to implement it to catch eyes.

My question is will they let it sit there knowingly giving out subpar items worth $10 for $30 or will they release better contents every month by month to fit the needs of the playerbase now level 40-50.

Korea has slowly added more quantity of the items you receive but, slowly increasing its content value to $15.  Now it helps with those who can't be playing all day, and with responsibilities of an adult. So no problem there really. Daeva pass isn't really what worries most people.

But Its the Tough Tiger Pink Form Candy that people can sell on the Auction and on the private shop.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, Guest 3dnetmax said:

So in your eyes, NCsoft could lower the price to meet demand for a few items of value. Or they could bring up the quality of the contents inside the Daeva Pass to justify 30$.

In my eyes there's going to be very few ppl to pay $30 a month plus the $15 subscription.... but if they lowered it to $5 a month plus the $15 sub then a crap ton more ppl would get it, considering this is an automated feature that doesn't cost any upkeep for the staff I think it'd be better to market it cheaper so they'd get more small fish buying it then just a handful of elite p2w players buying it.  As of right now I only know of maybe 3 ppl that have the premium pass, that's $90, but I know easily 20+ of my friends all agreed on discord they'd pay $5/month for the pass, that'd be $100/month just out of the ppl I asked.  They should do a survey or poll on it.

At $45 a month that is way too extreme a price for most people. I can get a new game every month for almost that at Walmart. And that's just me. I pay for two, me and the wife. So if we both wanted to do this that's $90 a month. That costs more than most of my bills. Heck, internet and power combined doesn't cost that much a month for me. And then to limit the items to a 30 day at most makes this even more of a hard sell.

I'd be willing to pay $20 or maybe $25 a month if they get rid of the paid Daeva Pass and made the "free" one accessible only to those who subscribe to the game and increase the rewards quality just a little. Nothing game breaking or anything like that.

To me having a cash shop, battle pass, AND a subscription is just way too much.

Oh, I didn't know an optional Daeva Pass was required to buy monthly.

Except it isn't required. Not only is it not required to buy it monthly, you still get items from it for free. Are they the same items? No. Are they still free? Yes.

Is this different from what other most mmorpgs are doing now? No, not at all. Including p2p.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:40 PM, Guest Zergie said:

Why all the complaints?

The more expensive and useless it is, the less impact it will have on the game. Just don't buy it.

The alternative is a daeva pass with items you can't miss out on, basically forcing you to buy it. Does that sound better? 

IMO, the more useless and expensive it is, the better for the game.

Daeva pass premium rewards

Looks like crowns, manastones and enchantment stones are already on their way in

9 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

In my eyes there's going to be very few ppl to pay $30 a month plus the $15 subscription.... but if they lowered it to $5 a month plus the $15 sub then a crap ton more ppl would get it, considering this is an automated feature that doesn't cost any upkeep for the staff I think it'd be better to market it cheaper so they'd get more small fish buying it then just a handful of elite p2w players buying it.  As of right now I only know of maybe 3 ppl that have the premium pass, that's $90, but I know easily 20+ of my friends all agreed on discord they'd pay $5/month for the pass, that'd be $100/month just out of the ppl I asked.  They should do a survey or poll on it.

Couldn't agree more with this. The current pricing model is a bigger problem than the "Kinah Candies".  I suspect there might be an adjustment after they see how much the population declines after Wed and at the end of the first 30 days.

Archived