Weekly Server Maintenance - June 30, 2021

Arctic

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor
1 minute ago, Guest Ashlayna said:

...and there's an entire game to play on the side, including drops from dredge, abyss farming, etc, which, much to your shock and horror I'm sure,  all provide kinah, not to mention quest rewards for when you are questing, while there's questing left to do.  If it sounds like too much work, that's another issue entirely.

THANK YOU.

They don't realize that they just explained why candies (despite being a problem, I guess) AREN'T as game-breaking as people are trying to make them out to be.

Guest Apenas
11 minutos atrás, os subumanos convidados disseram:

Gostaria de agradecer ao sub mensal por se livrar dos subumanos conhecidos como BRs e lixo cigano que estragam este jogo. Você não é bem-vindo nesta bela e gloriosa edição de NA, faça a sua própria e todas as pessoas pobres que podem jogar, apenas fique quieto enquanto eu luto por você rompendo sem parar.

Você realmente acha que nos importamos com esse absurdo que você diz? somos 5 vezes campeões mundiais, algo que seu país nunca será ...

Guest Voidrose

how in the actual f can you send me an email begging me to buy a sub when your game servers are still down? ncsoft is the worst.

Guest Scavitza
9 minutes ago, Guest when do the server come up said:

6 45 h are over now give us the server to play

Do you think ANYONE read, from the NC team, what we write here ??? That many pages??? I doubt it :D

24 minutes ago, Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor said:

I guess people complaining about maintenance times don't understand what ESTIMATED means....

can't sign in yet due to this maintenance so you gotta see my replay as a Guest but damn a 5 hr downtime that is now going on 7hrs+ ...to remove a free aura and change out the subcription service is what i'm seeing ...oh and the game updated finally ...with a 36.1MB patch ...so yea you tell me what exactly they need 5-7+ hrs to fix and why I shouldn't complain a little about not being able to actually sub to the game now because I still can't log into my account on their website

Edit: guess it did keep my logged in here and not put me as a guest but still doesn't change my little gripe here 

So many complaints.
NCSoft can only give an estimated time of their maintenance.
Don't blame them if they need a bit more time.
Yes, they could've posted something on Twitter about it, but I'm sure they're working as hard as they can to get everything ready and get the servers back up. Cut them some slack :)

Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor
1 minute ago, Qwii said:

can't sign in yet due to this maintenance so you gotta see my replay as a Guest but damn a 5 hr downtime that is now going on 7hrs+ ...to remove a free aura and change out the subcription service is what i'm seeing ...oh and the game updated finally ...with a 36.1MB patch ...so yea you tell me what exactly they need 5-7+ hrs to fix and why I shouldn't complain a little about not being able to actually sub to the game now because I still can't log into my account on their website

Again. ESTIMATED, meaning approximately. They stated that Classic servers would be down for AT LEAST 6hours and 45mins. This was literally posted on their page and MANY of you didn't bother to actually take that into account.

On paper those two tasks sound like a no-brainer, but if you actually knew the amount of work that goes into software development, such a removal COULD end up causing unforseen bugs and issues, which is why they spend HOURS trying to debug and make sure the game is working as intended.

If you don't understand why they would need the time that they do for maintenance, you SHOULDN'T be playing online games, much less making demands.

Guest Just like old times.

It doesn't appear to be going all that well for their first scheduled maintenance. 

Guest Crognth

It's 11:09 here in CA and server still down . When you set a schedule and you dont stick to it and dont explain why your not up and running wtf ??

Guest Nutscrackero

Looks like the ncsoft company didn't get enough money from this 15$ monthly subscribtion to employ IT who can handle mainstance in game from 2009. This is just sad.

Guest We are in the year 2021

How the nyerk, does a company in the year 2021 have the audacity to just ghost their customers like that. Especially if they support this. It takes 20 seconds to write a nyerking post.

3 minutes ago, Guest waterbath said:

20min late alr, no news on twitter, good job, thats how u make the game better, 0 information.

they haven't actually posted anything about Aion Classic since the 23rd so there's that.

Just now, Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor said:

Again. ESTIMATED, meaning approximately. They stated that Classic servers would be down for AT LEAST 6hours and 45mins. This was literally posted on their page and MANY of you didn't bother to actually take that into account.

On paper those two tasks sound like a no-brainer, but if you actually knew the amount of work that goes into software development, such a removal COULD end up causing unforseen bugs and issues, which is why they spend HOURS trying to debug and make sure the game is working as intended.

If you don't understand why they would need the time that they do for maintenance, you SHOULDN'T be playing online games, much less making demands.

this post was created 18 hrs ago by their communtiy manager. since then he's said nothing and his original post said maintenance was for 5 hrs ...not 'at least 6hrs 45 mins' ...re-read the OP before you make a statement like this

...and yes if they are extending this maintenance than at the very last the community manager here or whomever is posting to the social medai (i.e. Twitter) could at the very least update the community that is actually wanting to play their game again

Guest you need each other
18 minutes ago, Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor said:

Nice job answering your own question. Look up the definition of "convenience" because that's what those shops are. You DO NOT have to purchase ANYTHING from them if you are subbed to enjoy the game. Literally NOTHING.

The $15 sub gets you access to EVERY feature of the game. If you choose to spend beyond that, that is on YOU as a consumer.

Shops are NOT necessities!

I don't understand why everyone is so stupid on this subject. You're either ignorant, delusional or so arrogant you truly believe candy wasn't a mistake ~for the average, majority gamer~.

Most of the people complaining aren't complaining about a subscription cost, or NCSoft wanting to make money (as a company should be entitled to do so) from additional cash shop items. The complaints are about the combination of subscription, with daeva pass a n d cashshop items in tandem with the p2w (or pay for convenience if that's what you really want to draw the line at) candy for kinah. It's against ToS to buy Kinah yet we can buy Kinah from NCSoft? Do you not see your absolute pathetic defense of a corporate scumbag raking in as much as possible with little effort? Aion classic is re-released, not remastered. There is nothing new that I can see in Classic. I am 100% for it being kept alive, thus I am 100% for NCSoft being motivated to keep it alive through revenue. Anyone who disagrees with that should have their opinions removed from the record.

There is a line though.

You can't be for Subscription, Daeva Pass and the cashshop whilst ignoring the 100% blatant inflation in the market due to candy selling addicts.

You can't be for Aion Classic whilst being against Subscrition, Daeva Pass and the cashshop (cosmetic and convenience) items.

You can't have both, and right now we have the pendulum either being entirely in one direction or the other. It would have been NICE if there was a middle ground... but hindsight is 20/20 and we've had a decade+ of NCSoft not giving a shit about the communities grievances.

However, it's already launched.. what's done is done. The damage is irrefutable, to deny it is absolute nyerking idiocy. The servers lost a ton of players in no time at all after they realized if they weren't going to sell candy they were going to fall behind to the point of ruining their enjoyment. Will candys get people +15 everything, best stones, godly amounts of AP? no. Duh. Anyone who thinks that is a moron. Will they give you a LITERAL paid edge? 100%, to deny that is also complete idiocy.

Stop being nyerking assholes to each other. You're literally all thats left. Last night there was 1800 people playing, 30%+ are probably bots. WEEK ONE. WEEK, nyerkING, ONE. You need each other so stop being such boneheaded ignorant nyerking morons. The vast majority of you need to learn how to think about things critically.

Just now, Guest PsychoJay said:

Bunch of cry babies, if you dont like it dont play. Im ready to slide my card :)

not being a cry baby ...i too would like to "slide my card" ...just as soon as I can log in to my account to make said payment but the lack of communication on NCSoft's end is very frustrating is all i'm saying

Guest Spell

You have to be patient,  they must extend the process if there is a need to do so. They don't want to keep us waiting any longer. At this point if they are making us wait, there is a solid reason why. RELAX, let them do their job, its not as easy ass you might think. better no bugs than early access ❤️

Archived