Weekly Server Maintenance - June 30, 2021

Arctic

Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor

While I absolutely understand gripes about the Battlepass (I honestly ignore it because it's not that great to me), the $15/mo subscription is literally no different than how this game started out.

Aion Retail has been completely gutted. It started when whiny carebears infiltrated the game and cried about "not being able to level due to open world PVP".  NC decided to create "rifting buffs",  which decimated one of the key elements that made the game so attractive. Soon after this, the Abyss, where some of the best Group/Alliance occurred, was made obsolete. 

I'm happy they have this server for those of us looking to experience this game's (IMO) best state and to gain back those amazing experiences we used to have.

You can complain about it if you wish, BUT the company still has to make money. End of. If people want to blow their earnings on this game let them do so! That's their right. You're NOT being forced to do the same.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Riven
15 hours ago, Kibbelz said:
  • Various bugfixes

Seriously? That's it? No list or at least "we fixed problems with that and that" in general? Multimilion company ladies and gentlemans, can't afford to pay somebody for extra 1-2 hours for actual patch notes.

Basically saying "ye, we fixed something I guess".

I can understand 15$ for a sub, I can understand 30$ for pass, I can understand skins (aka costumes) or even kinah for $, BUT FOR GOD SAKE AT LEAST MAKE PATCH NOTES

Welp guess its about time to end my enjoyment with this game. The 3 days sure was short but I met good people in this community who had no problem helping a lower level like me. This is my first MMO and I'm sad that it's going to be pay-walled. I have a family to feed and playing Aion was a good part time to relieve stress. So yeah. Thank you Aion for the last 3 days.

Jesus why u talking about these things?  I have family blabla i have kids blabla. If u dont have 15 dollars per month u should do smtg with your shit life. Better sell PC get better job and then come back bye

Guest Diu lei

Why this whole p2w still going on? It’s $15 bux and ppl start crying all over relate this and that for? Aion if for adults, if ur still a student and no money, go play something else. See the title again , back to 2009! That’s for all the old fcks like me come back and enjoy the game. If you’re carebears, aion not for u too. Becuz u will get nyerk all over, even u wanna pve u need to be going into pvp due to open world. Those kept saying p2w, honestly go play some heavy p2w mobile game, and u will know wats the real p2w. 

Guest ComplaintsGoto Trashbin

Yall complaining about LFG bots and kids, and daeva pass costs. You forget this is the company than ran Aion Retail and Lineage II to the ground for profits.

they will NEVER listen to your complaints. stfu already.

Guest Get a Job

Founders + battle pass is roughly 60-80 bucks. Roughly $2-3/day to play a game you can enjoy as much as you like and have the ability to have an easier time doing it by purchasing these options. If you want just the sub, its literally $0.50/day, which I can probably find in the crevice of my couch. For those of us who are not degenerates living in our parent's basement, that is a joke amount of money compared to the time it would take to recoup that. On top of that, if you have the time (since your life is a failure) to sit here and grind out the advantage then have at it.

The player base is made up mostly of people that can afford 15-60 bucks. If you can't afford that, invest the hours of MMO playing into finding a job that can pay for your hobbies properly.

I welcome all your tears.

Guest JesusXLoves
14 hours ago, Guest Bye said:

I don't mind paying $15 for a game I enjoy. Aion was my very first MMO that I played religiously. I know for a fact that there will be many people who stick around regardless of the candy nonsense.

Sure, it sucked, but the economy has already balanced itself out. You get a good drop, and you make tons of money to buy stones, stigmas, skills, etc. You craft and sell your potions, scrolls, food, etc. for tons of money to all the lazy whales. It worked out just fine. 

The battlepass was completely optional and you can already see what each pass is the next month as they are literally copy and paste from KR. (They're about 6 months ahead so you can already see which pass is worth it to you.) None of them are worth it and none are gamebreaking honestly. It really comes down to how much you want to support the company any given month. 

If you're really bothered about the $15 a month for the aura, then Aion clearly isn't worth it to you which is perfectly okay.

I hope you find a game you enjoy soon though!

yeah what the heck people pay 15 a month for a lot of games these people need to just chuck the cash up and stick around. Your not going to find a good mmo without a cashgrab of somesort. Thank God this isn't black desert online. sheesh

Guest ServiceForTheDumb
7 minutes ago, Guest Get a Job said:

Founders + battle pass is roughly 60-80 bucks. Roughly $2-3/day to play a game you can enjoy as much as you like and have the ability to have an easier time doing it by purchasing these options. If you want just the sub, its literally $0.50/day, which I can probably find in the crevice of my couch. For those of us who are not degenerates living in our parent's basement, that is a joke amount of money compared to the time it would take to recoup that. On top of that, if you have the time (since your life is a failure) to sit here and grind out the advantage then have at it.

The player base is made up mostly of people that can afford 15-60 bucks. If you can't afford that, invest the hours of MMO playing into finding a job that can pay for your hobbies properly.

I welcome all your tears.

i'd love to be the provider of any service you need. It would be so damn easy to scam you for price differences because you don't think twice about a purchase vs its competition.  Let me know if you need anything done, i'll be sure to change you premium while using 15 year old tools and looking up a DIY video, you fantastic cuc.k you.

Guest Scavitza
14 hours ago, Guest Pleb said:

Nah, those are for their OnlyFans subscribers.

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

I really love your irony . It's music to my ears 🥰 Seems to be TRUE too 🤪😲😂

Guest Ariel

Personally I do neither mind nor welcome the candies but I am bored of people claming that those provide no benefits. Aion, due to its broker system, has always been an ingame currency driven game. So what can you do with more kinah than others? Pretty much everything.

Crafting
One can level crafting more quickly / frequently using the kinah doing work orders. This especially is an advantage in the early game. Particularly the fees to level up crafting and tapping used to be no small matter on releast.

Consumables
Players with loads of kinah have no issues buying various consumables of the broker as shock scrolls, resistance scrolls, running, attackspeeds, and so on. There are too many to name here.
Also those players can buy more space, higher legion level, nice things to improve everydays life in the game.

Gear
One can buy better gear using coins (silver  / gold / whatever) as well as better gear of broker. Also people can just buy lootrights using kinah, which was very trendy for Stormwing gear.
This also passively leads to being better geared and thus making easier abyss points.

Gear improvements
One has better chances and/or earlier access in buying stigmata, enchantment stones, manastones and/or godstones.
This also passively leads to being better geared and thus making easier abyss points.

Medals
Medals are required for decent abyss gear and thus people with more kinah have better access to those than players without.

Abyss points
Yes, totally. Players can pay others to omit their lootright on relics later on in the game / further patches. It happend before and is going to happen again. Later on people can purchase more instance reset scrolls to gain more abyss points again.

One might argue that everyone is able to make kinah and that it is going to balance itself out, which both are correct. Yet, it was totally uncalled for to provide some people a headstart, which they are usually going to keep for months one way or the other (gear, kinah, crafting, stashes). Also the argument of people buying from gold sellers anyway is totally nonsense. One wrongful action does not really justify another one. That is just a childish mindset.

Like I wrote first, I do not awfully mind the candies and they are no reason for me to quit, but still it was a silly move right at the release and writers should stop being so arrogant / defensive about it.

Guest I can't log in.
28 minutes ago, Guest Riven said:

Seriously? That's it? No list or at least "we fixed problems with that and that" in general? Multimilion company ladies and gentlemans, can't afford to pay somebody for extra 1-2 hours for actual patch notes.

Basically saying "ye, we fixed something I guess".

I can understand 15$ for a sub, I can understand 30$ for pass, I can understand skins (aka costumes) or even kinah for $, BUT FOR GOD SAKE AT LEAST MAKE PATCH NOTES

Welcome to Aion, is this your first time here?

Guest waterbath
41 minutes ago, Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor said:

While I absolutely understand gripes about the Battlepass (I honestly ignore it because it's not that great to me), the $15/mo subscription is literally no different than how this game started out.

Aion Retail has been completely gutted. It started when whiny carebears infiltrated the game and cried about "not being able to level due to open world PVP".  NC decided to create "rifting buffs",  which decimated one of the key elements that made the game so attractive. Soon after this, the Abyss, where some of the best Group/Alliance occurred, was made obsolete. 

I'm happy they have this server for those of us looking to experience this game's (IMO) best state and to gain back those amazing experiences we used to have.

You can complain about it if you wish, BUT the company still has to make money. End of. If people want to blow their earnings on this game let them do so! That's their right. You're NOT being forced to do the same.

Aion retail turned to ''truly free'' after some time, removing the necessity of sub, the company can and are making money way more from the battle pass than the sub, saying ''it need money'' is stupid, are the BCM not a cash shop ? battle pass is not paid ? even paying for battle pass, u can still level up it paying even more, you know that ? we will see how long will take to NC remove sub, sooner or later they will, so for those saying ''no lfg for free player'' u welcome all ur tears (like some kid that sucks at pvp said a minutes ago) when that happen.

Guest Piggo

Are you guys really complaining about $50 subscription for 3 months? It's basically $17 per month, someone working under a minimum wage can afford this by working two and a half hours. Every launched game it's aiming for a good income, this is not a charity institution, and if you really believe the current game state it's p2w you should stop playing any game, go find another hobbie.
When i 1st played Aion, i was 14yo ... would be completly reasonable if at that time i was the one complaining for the subscription, but seryoulsy, we are 12 years apart the release of this game and if you haven't messed up your life path trough here you'll be able to spend some bucks at your hobbie to make it last more.

One i agree with it's that Battlepass should cost less for who already have the subscription, besides this who cares with candies and titles, looks like you guys forget how the endgame looks like, none of this will be useful after some point.

And please NCsoft find a workarond those bots, nowadays you have much more resources to track and block any cheater/bot at games, mac bans/ ip bans/ hardware id bans/ soft bans (redirect bots and cheaters at same channel and block access at others, preventing mass creating accounts at game's database)

Guest Crushed

If you think this game is p2w you either don't know where to farm or your too lazy to. Either way stop crying about it we are sick of hearing it in lfg

Guest Scavitza
10 hours ago, Khonsu-DN said:

Most f2p or purely p2p players are scarping by with 1-2mil.

There is my case also. So you're mostly right! I'm a pure p2p - player ^^ I have around 1.5kk kinah now.

u dont need battlepass, there is not rlly so many things to be worth 30 dollars..

so 15dollars/month whats the problem?

Guest A job for scrubs
6 minutes ago, Guest ServiceForTheDumb said:

i'd love to be the provider of any service you need. It would be so damn easy to scam you for price differences because you don't think twice about a purchase vs its competition.  Let me know if you need anything done, i'll be sure to change you premium while using 15 year old tools and looking up a DIY video, you fantastic cuc.k you.

And you are the perfect example of someone who earns minimum wage and cares about pennies and dimes. While you look up a diy video and use your 15 y/o tools, I'll have made 15x what I paid you. This is how the world works, hopefully I've given you some insight on how to crawl out of your mom's basement.

Guest Scavitza - then u are bad and noob

I just bought pack nothing more. lvl 31 already have 21 milions. So its your problem that u dont know how to make kinah :)

30 minutes ago, Guest ComplaintsGoto Trashbin said:

Yall complaining about LFG bots and kids, and daeva pass costs. You forget this is the company than ran Aion Retail and Lineage II to the ground for profits.

they will NEVER listen to your complaints. stfu already.

And this is why diksoft should be ddosed to death,if real gamers and not some corpo boot lickers can come together we can drive these money grabbers from where they came from-hell and take back the market,these fukers can't even write a FUKING PATCH NOTES yet they grag 100$+ from each of us for a game full of botters,in one day I reported at least 11 players that botted,they are still running around,nothing has been done. I would understand paying money for quality product... even private servers who take  5$ out of you write the damn patch notes... how come a private server with 2k ppl online and only 3 people running the server/small donations compared to ncsoft can do better? how many people are working on this server? 2? I haven't seen hours long maintenances elsewhere but here, unless they actually are looking up thousands of  bot reports for the first time. Even viping the whole damn server takes less time. Might aswell do that if you don't want this server dead in 2 weeks,idk whats the problem with aion community/shittiest communities out there,at least in others there's real trolling from both waring sides and not just open boot licking without logical arguments, but in any other mmo if a player can buy whole gear just with a few bucks everyone realizes that it's pay2win and has self-respect to leave, there's no point of gaming unless you do the same or cheat/bot. Funny how they call us kids and poor, YOU PAY FOR THESE SCAMMERS,it's like paying for a HIV infected hore and then protect her when she infects you. It's not we don't have money,it's that we have this thing called self-respect,I usually wait a week or two and see if it's a decent experience where I can actually compete with donors without paying a cent,If I can then I donate out of respect just to support the mods...also no other mmo grabs this amount of money either and aion is a dead old game and not even on wow size,it didn't come out 2021 either to ask this amount to begin with,it's no FF14 either with thousands of mods and constant content and a huge community and their sub is only 13$ for a year...

Guest Scavitza

I would EXTREMELY STRONG RECOMMEND :

1) to be MADE a SPECIAL CUBE for Q ITEMS !!!

2) absolutely any repeatable item (except gearable items : armors, weapons, rings, neclaces, earrings, helmets, wings, plumes, etc. ) to be stack-able in the SAME SLOT !!!

3) Cancel fast regen HP on running mobs, fleeing mobs, sudden return mobs when you in a mid fight with them;

because all of these situations are simply not realistic, and illogical too !!!

ONLY from here on, AION would work more properly, as a normal MMORPG !!! :D

Archived