Weekly Server Maintenance - June 30, 2021

Arctic

Guest Kokoro

if you can't afford it, BYE. 

i will say though, its pricey but i'm paying because i want the 2009 experience all over again.  perhaps it should be reasonably priced. that's all i have to say. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Korrin
11 minutes ago, Guest s77 said:

And this is why diksoft should be ddosed to death,if real gamers and not some corpo boot lickers can come together we can drive these money grabbers from where they came from-hell and take back the market,these fukers can't even write a FUKING PATCH NOTES yet they grag 100$+ from each of us for a game full of botters,in one day I reported at least 11 players that botted,they are still running around,nothing has been done. I would understand paying money for quality product... even private servers who take  5$ out of you write the damn patch notes... how come a private server with 2k ppl online and only 3 people running the server/small donations compared to ncsoft can do better? how many people are working on this server? 2? I haven't seen hours long maintenances elsewhere but here, unless they actually are looking up thousands of  bot reports for the first time. Even viping the whole damn server takes less time. Might aswell do that if you don't want this server dead in 2 weeks,idk whats the problem with aion community/shittiest communities out there,at least in others there's real trolling from both waring sides and not just open boot licking without logical arguments, but in any other mmo if a player can buy whole gear just with a few bucks everyone realizes that it's pay2win and has self-respect to leave, there's no point of gaming unless you do the same or cheat/bot. Funny how they call us kids and poor, YOU PAY FOR THESE SCAMMERS,it's like paying for a HIV infected hore and then protect her when she infects you. It's not we don't have money,it's that we have this thing called self-respect,I usually wait a week or two and see if it's a decent experience where I can actually compete with donors without paying a cent,If I can then I donate out of respect just to support the mods...also no other mmo grabs this amount of money either and aion is a dead old game and not even on wow size,it didn't come out 2021 either to ask this amount to begin with,it's no FF14 either with thousands of mods and constant content and a huge community and their sub is only 13$ for a year...

Hey nyerk. spew your garbage elsewhere. you're opening statement was an endorsement to DDOS a company into bankruptcy, which is a cybercrime that comes with actual time served. With that alone you lose any and all credibility in both this and any future arguments. If you don't like it, just don't play the game. it's that simple. 

If you can spend an hour screaming about the things you hate in a game, that's the first and biggest hint that your time may best be spent elsewhere, and not online in it's forums endorsing cybercrimes because you don't know how to act like a mature adult.

Guest Rakion
31 minutes ago, Guest Ariel said:

Personally I do neither mind nor welcome the candies but I am bored of people claming that those provide no benefits. Aion, due to its broker system, has always been an ingame currency driven game. So what can you do with more kinah than others? Pretty much everything.

Crafting
One can level crafting more quickly / frequently using the kinah doing work orders. This especially is an advantage in the early game. Particularly the fees to level up crafting and tapping used to be no small matter on releast.

Consumables
Players with loads of kinah have no issues buying various consumables of the broker as shock scrolls, resistance scrolls, running, attackspeeds, and so on. There are too many to name here.
Also those players can buy more space, higher legion level, nice things to improve everydays life in the game.

Gear
One can buy better gear using coins (silver  / gold / whatever) as well as better gear of broker. Also people can just buy lootrights using kinah, which was very trendy for Stormwing gear.
This also passively leads to being better geared and thus making easier abyss points.

Gear improvements
One has better chances and/or earlier access in buying stigmata, enchantment stones, manastones and/or godstones.
This also passively leads to being better geared and thus making easier abyss points.

Medals
Medals are required for decent abyss gear and thus people with more kinah have better access to those than players without.

Abyss points
Yes, totally. Players can pay others to omit their lootright on relics later on in the game / further patches. It happend before and is going to happen again. Later on people can purchase more instance reset scrolls to gain more abyss points again.

One might argue that everyone is able to make kinah and that it is going to balance itself out, which both are correct. Yet, it was totally uncalled for to provide some people a headstart, which they are usually going to keep for months one way or the other (gear, kinah, crafting, stashes). Also the argument of people buying from gold sellers anyway is totally nonsense. One wrongful action does not really justify another one. That is just a childish mindset.

Like I wrote first, I do not awfully mind the candies and they are no reason for me to quit, but still it was a silly move right at the release and writers should stop being so arrogant / defensive about it.

Sounds like to me you could just go run these instances yourself for AP Items in 1.5 or for Loot Drops and sell them yourself to make money off all these kinah buyers. The thing not mentioned in your post is that every mmo out there has gold sellers, so people who want to open their wallet and buy currency still will. At least this way the devs get some cash.

Guest Jamfalcon
56 minutes ago, Guest Cris said:

Welp guess its about time to end my enjoyment with this game. The 3 days sure was short but I met good people in this community who had no problem helping a lower level like me. This is my first MMO and I'm sad that it's going to be pay-walled. I have a family to feed and playing Aion was a good part time to relieve stress. So yeah. Thank you Aion for the last 3 days.

Nobody actually cares that you can't spend $15 to play for a month. It's not paywalled. It's a subscription. It's always been a subscription. You got a week sub for free, but you're still crying like an 8 year old that dropped their ice cream. 

Nobody knows how to help people like you, because you'll complain about everything. 

Guest Scattybrat
2 minutes ago, Guest Jamfalcon said:

Nobody actually cares that you can't spend $15 to play for a month. It's not paywalled. It's a subscription. It's always been a subscription. You got a week sub for free, but you're still crying like an 8 year old that dropped their ice cream. 

Nobody knows how to help people like you, because you'll complain about everything. 

They said it was Their first MMO so clearly  they have no idea what their talking about ..  ;)

Guest Korrin
1 hour ago, Guest Cris said:

Welp guess its about time to end my enjoyment with this game. The 3 days sure was short but I met good people in this community who had no problem helping a lower level like me. This is my first MMO and I'm sad that it's going to be pay-walled. I have a family to feed and playing Aion was a good part time to relieve stress. So yeah. Thank you Aion for the last 3 days.

Lol, this isn't pay-walling. it's a subscription. you ever by breakfast or coffee on the way to work? do that like 4 times less a month and you're set. If your budget is so thin that 50cent a day is a "wall" for you, then I gotta be blunt man, not having a game to play is probably your smallest problem.

Guest MARGO
20 minutes ago, Guest s77 said:

And this is why diksoft should be ddosed to death,if real gamers and not some corpo boot lickers can come together we can drive these money grabbers from where they came from-hell and take back the market,these fukers can't even write a FUKING PATCH NOTES yet they grag 100$+ from each of us for a game full of botters,in one day I reported at least 11 players that botted,they are still running around,nothing has been done. I would understand paying money for quality product... even private servers who take  5$ out of you write the damn patch notes... how come a private server with 2k ppl online and only 3 people running the server/small donations compared to ncsoft can do better? how many people are working on this server? 2? I haven't seen hours long maintenances elsewhere but here, unless they actually are looking up thousands of  bot reports for the first time. Even viping the whole damn server takes less time. Might aswell do that if you don't want this server dead in 2 weeks,idk whats the problem with aion community/shittiest communities out there,at least in others there's real trolling from both waring sides and not just open boot licking without logical arguments, but in any other mmo if a player can buy whole gear just with a few bucks everyone realizes that it's pay2win and has self-respect to leave, there's no point of gaming unless you do the same or cheat/bot. Funny how they call us kids and poor, YOU PAY FOR THESE SCAMMERS,it's like paying for a HIV infected hore and then protect her when she infects you. It's not we don't have money,it's that we have this thing called self-respect,I usually wait a week or two and see if it's a decent experience where I can actually compete with donors without paying a cent,If I can then I donate out of respect just to support the mods...also no other mmo grabs this amount of money either and aion is a dead old game and not even on wow size,it didn't come out 2021 either to ask this amount to begin with,it's no FF14 either with thousands of mods and constant content and a huge community and their sub is only 13$ for a year...

"Not a really bad idea, YA KNOW ?! ... as a laaaaast resort anyway! ^^" So said HIGH KING MARGO 🤪NUP_184670_0149-1000x640.jpg

Dem the bullying fashion is back. I make more money than you so I will diminish your existence. Great job you guys! I mean this is exactly what you would expect from 30+ year old people.

Facts now.

1.       People are complaining and there will always be someone who is unhappy you can’t please everyone.

2.       AION classic was advertised as P2P service if you don’t like it you don’t play it.

3.       P2W has always been the core of the NCwest business. One has to be naïve to believe it will not come in place (it is kinda already there in a way)

4.       Kinah always were and will be the strongest resource and even more now that everything is tradable (remember even medals are tradable)

Asking NC West to run on a pure p2p sub model where there is no p2w at all is like asking Tesla to make a diesel car for you. It is just not their thing. Of course, time will show how impactful this will be.

Either way the toxicity of the forum and lfg is the most annoying thing in the game right now. You think candies is an issue? I say people constantly complaining and people cursing and trying to push others down is the biggest issue.

@KibbelzNot a big fan of censorship but I think at least for now the forums need to be moderated more than ever. Shaming and bullying is against the T&Cs anyway.

Sadly in AION community we have some cancerous MMORPG genre apologists which better excuse literally almost anything company (NCSoft in this case) does or will do but will fight against same ppl which would keep this game alive for EVERYONE to continue playing with large and vibrant community. Problem is exactly you, not someone who would want lower sub price and no other paid bs. Lower sub price doesn't effect you in any way or form - so WHY YOU FIGHTING THESE PEOPLE and PROTECTING NCSOFT? You literally cutting branch on which everyone is sitting now by allowing all these paid "services" which discourage huge part of potential players.  
It's actually mindboggling how short sighted some people are.

and dont even start with this "slight advantage" nonsense. 
without sub you basically dead fish in the water. 
with sub you can play but are in huge disadvantage compared with someone who can card swipe daily and buy half of broker items. Thats a fact and you can't deny this. 

If huge part of players now leave you will hit hard wall of item shortage at broker and have either work it yourself while trying to not get behind against whales (continue paying money in bags) OR NCSoft will close eyes against bots against bots - which as they claim are prime reason of the sub :) Servers doesnt cost that much these days, its simple cloud economics. 

Guest Guest1

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/7548-extended-weekly-server-maintenance-november-11-2020/

So when they migrated to AWS in November 2020, it took like 9 hours.

We're closing in a complete server migration vs a standard maintenance?

Like how the nyerk are AWS server maintenance taking longer than old single blade servers?

Guest Voidrose

Usually a monthly sub is so you DON'T divide your players into premium and regular boxes. I won't pay a monthly sub for a game that still wants an additional pass AND a freemium cash shop. I don't want to pay to play a game with a free to play business model.

Thanks for the nostalgia, loved the free days, not looking forward at all to the news that this cash grab failed.

Guest Just impossible price

This game will be just impossible to Brazilians... Please think about prices by regions like other games. WOW for example

US15 = Almost R$100,00 with taxs
U$45 = almost R$250 with taxs

so this conversion shows a real idea!

I very much doubt anyone from south america will continue in the game and we are a lot of players.

Guest MILTOW
16 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello Daevas! (or anyone still working their way to level 10 ;) )

Our first scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic will take place tomorrow at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and is expected to last approximately 5 hours.

Expect the following changes for Aion Classic:

• Change Siel's Aura to 60 minutes per day
    • Siel's Aura Free Week ends. Siel's Aura founders pack items can be claimed and recurring subscriptions are now available.
  • Various bugfixes

Thanks!

you guys nyerked up with the game with that ''Siel's Aura''... no one will play it anymore

Guest Too lazy to log-in
28 minutes ago, Guest s77 said:

LOL, he is for sure talking about the Live Servers... I am so happy to had given up on Aion Live after 6.0... and not being milked like YOU and anyone else, also those who were "against" Aion Classic not to lose all useless spent money on a brainless game!

Aion Classic FTW. If you cannot afford 50 cents a day, go away!! You litterally put (tens of) thousands of dollars into an other destroyed game... 50 cents a day is too much, right?

Guest Ironskin

I am here just because is P2P. I am sick of "f2p" that becomes "p2w" and more than that you have to invest thousands of euro/dollars to be competitive. Is this game become "f2p" I am out. 

Guest Sneres
11 minutes ago, Guest Kokoro said:

if you can't afford it, BYE. 

i will say though, its pricey but i'm paying because i want the 2009 experience all over again.  perhaps it should be reasonably priced. that's all i have to say. 

most people can afford it, but no one will pay a f2p game from 2009 bro...

Guest Servers still down

ok so it's going on 6 hours now and servers are still down .... WTH? It's my day off & I can't enjoy the game cause it's not on

Guest Narmina

In good old time, F2P MMORPG are
-End living MMORPGs
-shitty P2W mmorpg like rappelz

Subscription model allow a better flow of money, not a spike one month, and half the next month.
Also it forces devs to be more regular about patchs, new content, etc. to be sure people stays on long term

Whining about subscription is just hoping to have some little game, you play 1 week, 1 month to go away. But when, like me, you hope a mmorpg you want to play for months, years, it is not the same thing...
Speak about 1 good F2P MMORPG. i Know 2 mmorpg that manage to be decent while F2P : BDO/GW2,
All other are dead/dying thing. While subscription model make think of lot good mmorpg, WoW/FFXIV at first, Aion in release, FFXI, DAOC. and... the list can go on.
MMORPG that went from sub to F2P were always MMORPG with not a lot subscription, to continue to live, and get money, so, they went F2P to allow whales to spend for "all players". We could say it "end lives cash grab" the game is close to die, so lets make it F2P.

Back in FFXIV:ARR beta (2013) there was a lot people saying the game will be dead if it doesn't go F2P... yeah, FFXIV is clearly a dead game.

i can't see future, but i can read what the 25 years old MMORPG history says...

And i says this not only for aion, but for incoming MMORPGs, don't fear those with subscription model. 180$ a year. it is a lot for some people yes. but it is also 3 AAA game... and if you really like a MMORPG, you will play far more time on it than on three AAA game. some people says "1 theater entry a month" or "1 fast food menu a month" or anything.

But for good mmorpg, aim to have a subscription model. (and the smallest cash shop possible... )

Guest Ironskin
3 minutes ago, Guest Sneres said:

most people can afford it, but no one will pay a f2p game from 2009 bro...

I am one that is paying and that make your affirmation obsolete! 

Guest Ashlayna
3 minutes ago, Guest Sad said:

Sadly in AION community we have some cancerous MMORPG genre apologists which better excuse literally almost anything company (NCSoft in this case) does or will do but will fight against same ppl which would keep this game alive for EVERYONE to continue playing with large and vibrant community. Problem is exactly you, not someone who would want lower sub price and no other paid bs. Lower sub price doesn't effect you in any way or form - so WHY YOU FIGHTING THESE PEOPLE and PROTECTING NCSOFT? You literally cutting branch on which everyone is sitting now by allowing all these paid "services" which discourage huge part of potential players.  
It's actually mindboggling how short sighted some people are.

and dont even start with this "slight advantage" nonsense. 
without sub you basically dead fish in the water. 
with sub you can play but are in huge disadvantage compared with someone who can card swipe daily and buy half of broker items. Thats a fact and you can't deny this.

If huge part of players now leave you will hit hard wall of item shortage at broker and have either work it yourself while trying to not get behind against whales (continue paying money in bags) OR NCSoft will close eyes against bots against bots - which as they claim are prime reason of the sub :) Servers doesnt cost that much these days, its simple cloud economics. 

So, link to where it is, exactly, I can buy my PvP gear with Kinah?  If you can't provide that, I guess your argument is invalid?  Will that "huge part of the community" be "all my friends" or "everyone I know"?  If they're bailing because they can't buy Kromede's for PvP, maybe they should leave now?  They're not going to be an asset to their faction anyway.

Guest Ironskin
8 minutes ago, Guest Just impossible price said:

This game will be just impossible to Brazilians... Please think about prices by regions like other games. WOW for example

I very much doubt anyone from south america will continue in the game and we are a lot of players.

If 15$ is so much for you my advice is to spend your money, time, energy in your education for a better life and not playing games.

10 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

@KibbelzNot a big fan of censorship but I think at least for now the forums need to be moderated more than ever. Shaming and bullying is against the T&Cs anyway.

And the first step would be disabling all those « guests » from posting on forum.

Guest Voidrose
9 minutes ago, Guest Ironskin said:

I am here just because is P2P. I am sick of "f2p" that becomes "p2w" and more than that you have to invest thousands of euro/dollars to be competitive. Is this game become "f2p" I am out. 

But that's exactly the point, it's p2p but STILL has p2w mechanics and a freemium cash shop on top. If it was just the sub I'd be overjoyed to support my old favourite MMO, but their moneygrubbing doesn't stop there.

Guest ceres
18 minutes ago, Guest Just impossible price said:

sopa do macaco

Archived