Forums

OMG THE LAG!!!

Rag-DN

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Juice-KT said:

That makes no sense. We're all connected to the same server. Ping doesn't take minutes to register. If the server was being nuked, it would hit everyone within seconds like it always does when that happens. When I logged in right after the server came up, only the non-English speakers were whining in LFG when my ping was the same steady 60-70 it always is. I didn't get a single spike until about 15 minutes later, and have only experienced one more spike since then.

your assuming NC being ddos directly, it might not be them it could be the isps they use or the co's, it doesn't directly have to be them for it to affect lag and disconnects.  My ping was the same as yours when people were complainging and like you I dc'd about 15 mins later.  Last time they got ddos the central co's were ddos'd not nc directly

Just now, Tyd-KT said:

your assuming NC being ddos directly, it might not be them it could be the isps they use or the co's, it doesn't directly have to be them for it to affect lag and disconnects.  My ping was the same as yours when people were complainging and like you I dc'd about 15 mins later.  Last time they got ddos the central co's were ddos'd not nc directly

I already edited my comment.

4 minutes ago, Juice-KT said:

I already edited my comment.

All good just we have seen this a few times before and everytime been a ddos plus I am a server/network admin so if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck I am gonna call it a duck :-).  Was just trying to explain it a bit but with gw2 allready saying they were getting ddos'd and in the same place pretty good assumption a ddos uner way

See this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13512/serious-d-c-issues/p3

Just now, 1s31D1F4-KT said:

Has the company already stated that it will do something and or solve it? Does anyone know anything? Or are we drifting here?

Like all the replies before you were talking about how it's a DDoS attack my dude. Reading. Try it.

1 minute ago, 1s31D1F4-KT said:

Has the company already stated that it will do something and or solve it? Does anyone know anything? Or are we drifting here?

But it's not easily solved. Pretty much the solution is to mitigate as much as possible while you wait for it to stop. :/ And it might not even be an attack against NCsoft directly but rather the ISP or centers hosting their servers. :/ 

What is strange and that since yesterday some people do not even want to complain about anything, they are playing it doing an event, While others just fall and fall and fall and fall How can this affect some and not others? Closes the server, at least brow Why this strange ....... Many playing it ..... And they are not suffering at all in the game ......

We got DC'd as full group on COE last boss 2x yesterday, which is not fun at all. Rather than failing for a 3rd time because of the lag, we decided to give it up. I was going to open a ticket but then I found out about this thread. What I'm wondering is that should we wait for DDOS to end or should we open tickets everytime we get DC'd because of this DDOS or does NCSoft has a plan to cover the loss time and effort?

13 minutes ago, Qahlel-KT said:

We got DC'd as full group on COE last boss 2x yesterday, which is not fun at all. Rather than failing for a 3rd time because of the lag, we decided to give it up. I was going to open a ticket but then I found out about this thread. What I'm wondering is that should we wait for DDOS to end or should we open tickets everytime we get DC'd because of this DDOS or does NCSoft has a plan to cover the loss time and effort?

And today is completely gone for europeans xD we soon have to go to sleep ya know. A day without Aion feels like the end of the world *laughs*

1ymoab.jpg

On 10/31/2017 at 4:44 PM, Cyan said:

Hi everyone,

We are investigating connectivity issues. Please follow our operations twitter account for the most up-to-date information. 

Thank you!

@Cyan any new official news on this? We are still experience lag issues today, I don't see any updates on the Twitter account other than the one post from yesterday saying they were looking into it.

Archived