LFG bots and gold sellers

Elma

Bots are getting annoying, and the filter is as much "cat and mouse" as blocking the bots. Though I really don't know if there's a reasonable way to get rid of them.

My "funny" idea would be to get a "right click" option to be able to "report bot", which then teleports the other player to the other faction's Abyss base at the cost of a very large amount of Abyss points, Kinah, or some other sacrifice. But I can't really figure a way to balance that so it can't be used maliciously just because you dislike another player.

A /filterstring option that can be added in-game might be an idea. Or better yet, ban any character that comes upon a large amount of sketchy kinah.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:20 AM, Elma said:

I just want CM's or GM's to help out with this. I shouldn't have to use a 3rd party program to filter bots and risk getting banned. Can you please confirm?

It's not a program, even though it's posted on github. It's just a text file so you can make your own filter edits. It's just clunky because you have to exit the game to use it.

2 hours ago, Polychrome-DN said:

It's not a program, even though it's posted on github. It's just a text file so you can make your own filter edits. It's just clunky because you have to exit the game to use it.

You can just exit to the character screen I believe, though I haven't tried that myself.

8 hours ago, Polychrome-DN said:

Bots are getting annoying, and the filter is as much "cat and mouse" as blocking the bots. Though I really don't know if there's a reasonable way to get rid of them.

My "funny" idea would be to get a "right click" option to be able to "report bot", which then teleports the other player to the other faction's Abyss base at the cost of a very large amount of Abyss points, Kinah, or some other sacrifice. But I can't really figure a way to balance that so it can't be used maliciously just because you dislike another player.

A /filterstring option that can be added in-game might be an idea. Or better yet, ban any character that comes upon a large amount of sketchy kinah.

5 hours ago, Alvie said:

You can just exit to the character screen I believe, though I haven't tried that myself.

You can edit the bat file while playing, you need to go to char screen and log back in and the filter is applied. That is the best thing you can have finally.

imagine putting just "WTS and WTB in the filter, LFG is finally "looking for group" only (excusing the potential LFG drama of course which is always welcome!)

26 minutes ago, Pinkiepie said:

You will need an older version of data.pak file to modify your chat filters. NC Soft added their own filter to the pak data so that you cant modify it when you use the latest one.

I don't understand a word of that. What is the data.pak file?

data.pak file is located in \NCSOFT\AionClassic\AION_CLASSIC\l10n\ENU\Data

Idk how to explain, but it contains important things like e.g. english texts etc. If you would delete that file, your game would only show korean language.

NC Soft added the chat filter to that file and because .pak files are not easy to modify, the only way i know is to replace that file by an older version of it, when the filter was still working.

So even if you take your aionfilterline.dat file, which was easy to modify with notepad, nothing will change because the game client works with the file in the data.pak now.

(But I cannot guarantee that everything I have described is completely correct as I am not an expert.)

It seems they didn't disable the filter, they just changed the format of the file it wanted. If you follow the ffilter github link above, it's been updated with the new file format (which is still, at its heart, the same text file, just packaged a little differently). I updated to it about 15 minutes ago, and haven't gotten any of the spam I've been seeing all afternoon (so far, anyways!). It goes in the same spot the aionfilterline.dat file went, and you don't have to mess with the data.pak.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, Cerae said:

It seems they didn't disable the filter, they just changed the format of the file it wanted. If you follow the ffilter github link above, it's been updated with the new file format (which is still, at its heart, the same text file, just packaged a little differently). I updated to it about 15 minutes ago, and haven't gotten any of the spam I've been seeing all afternoon (so far, anyways!). It goes in the same spot the aionfilterline.dat file went, and you don't have to mess with the data.pak.

Is anyone having issues blocking ThreeW.P2P etc? I have updated the filter twice and it's still getting through

Archived