Toxic p2w community will be the death of Classic

Guest Truth

You clearly weren’t around for original Aion because it’s the Toxic F2P community that killed Aion originally.

you have no idea what you’re talking about. Your post is a typically F2P toxic post, harassing the CM and complaining if you don’t make a change they’re gonna lose players.

on your way, we Lee happy to lose you.

15 hours ago, Guest Truth said:

@Kibbelz Hey I don't know what your company standards are for running these games but your social standards seem to be extremely low.

It is disgusting logging into classic and seeing lfg chat littered with hate speech and all the p2w candy buyers calling people who oppose the candies "poor rubbish" and telling those players to quit the game. This is the community you have invited to this game @Kibbelz by selling those candies. You have elitist children with too much money to spend and absolutely no personal character to speak of as they spew hate speech and ignorant disgusting remarks all day long on LFG chat which in turn is causing players to leave the game because of how disgusting the social environment is just after 1 week of being online.

Fix your Community standards Ncwest or lose another 4k players to a toxic p2w environment. The choice is up to you all.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Equilibria-DN said:

because it’s the Toxic F2P community that killed Aion originally.

Incredible you really think that xD is crazy to think there is still F2P players in classic, its all whales who are toxic because they think that if they put money in the game, they can say and do whatever they want.

3 hours ago, Toriwest-KT said:

Incredible you really think that xD is crazy to think there is still F2P players in classic, its all whales who are toxic because they think that if they put money in the game, they can say and do whatever they want.

Responding to entitled f2p players and trying to knock some sense into them isn't toxic. Saying that a game needs money to survive isn't toxic. Most players have just bought a sub, maybe the Daeva pass and a few candies or cosmetic items...we are tired of hearing people screaming about how the candies are going to ruin the game without actually saying how they will do that. There have been many who explain how it doesn't though. 

15 minutes ago, Arazith said:

Responding to entitled f2p players and trying to knock some sense into them isn't toxic. Saying that a game needs money to survive isn't toxic. Most players have just bought a sub, maybe the Daeva pass and a few candies or cosmetic items...we are tired of hearing people screaming about how the candies are going to ruin the game without actually saying how they will do that. There have been many who explain how it doesn't though. 

Yea it is funny i actually had 2 people msg me today complaining that i subbed. These f2p players are actually the toxic ones.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I personally think that all f2p players should quit classic and leave it for candy-lovers. That’s what I did myself.

Then why are you here? It's not a thing about "candy lovers vs f2p". Either support the game in whatever way you like and play or don't.

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I personally think that all f2p players should quit classic and leave it for candy-lovers. That’s what I did myself.

That would be outstanding.  I can save some space on my block list for spammers, instead of having to block people that don't comprehend the concept of "Free Trial".  It's not like I'm sitting on millions of kinah, laughing at the peasants, I'm one of the peasants.  I can't afford to merge any other staffs on my chanter right now, let alone splurge on all the enchantment stones I'd need to compensate for that lack.  So I'm actually back to playing like I did in the Closed Beta, equipping what I can, and doing what I can.  What I'm not doing is sitting in one of the hubs complaining that I don't get the whole game for free, full time, or that someone has a piece of gear that I want, and can't get.  You can get a sampling of that here, with "charging a sub for a 2009 game" posts.  I wonder if those same people are active on the Blizzard forums complaining that WoW should be  F2P because of it's age?

1 minute ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

That would be outstanding.  I can save some space on my block list for spammers, instead of having to block people that don't comprehend the concept of "Free Trial".  It's not like I'm sitting on millions of kinah, laughing at the peasants, I'm one of the peasants.  I can't afford to merge any other staffs on my chanter right now, let alone splurge on all the enchantment stones I'd need to compensate for that lack.  So I'm actually back to playing like I did in the Closed Beta, equipping what I can, and doing what I can.  What I'm not doing is sitting in one of the hubs complaining that I don't get the whole game for free, full time, or that someone has a piece of gear that I want, and can't get.  You can get a sampling of that here, with "charging a sub for a 2009 game" posts.  I wonder if those same people are active on the Blizzard forums complaining that WoW should be  F2P because of it's age?

It makes totally no sense to complain if a game is p2p of f2p, because this is how it is. Aion retail is f2p and you can enjoy the game at its full for free. Aion classic is p2p and people (like me) who want to play f2p games will be just loosing their time there. So earlier they quit the better. Leave it to be a wallet-battle.

6 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

It makes totally no sense to complain if a game is p2p of f2p, because this is how it is. Aion retail is f2p and you can enjoy the game at its full for free. Aion classic is p2p and people (like me) who want to play f2p games will be just loosing their time there. So earlier they quit the better. Leave it to be a wallet-battle.

It's not even a "wallet battle".  It's a case of not understanding the difference between F2P and free trial.  My wallet's obviously staying fairly closed, since I'm too poor for basic gearing, and yet, I prefer to play here.  I would say "a simpler time", but frankly, it's harder when I don't have the years of accumulated wealth, even if that "wealth" is just stacks of mana/enchantment stones for my gear.  On the other hand, it does hit me in the nostalgia, which was the whole idea when I decided to check this out.  I remember struggling to get that +x weapon/weapon set, and fully socketed and enchanted armor, and I remember when I pulled 100 manastones out of the WH and went to my little "lucky spot" to start socketing gear.

Strangely, I was able to do all of that, back then, w/out candy.  I was able to max out all my crafters, w/out candy.  I was able to get full sets of Abyss gear on most of my toons, and get it socketed and enchanted, all w/out candy.  I anticipate being able to do the same thing again, w/out relying on my wallet, and I'd be willing to bet that I'm far from the only one that will.  If someone isn't happy, more power to them.  If they're going to uninstall, carry on, but let's leave the denigrating statements out of the equation.  The people like me, that came back to play a game that's closer to what we remember it being early on, instead of what it became, would like the chance enjoy our gaming w/out the negative Nancy's feeling like they have to throw a monkey wrench in our works on the way out the door because it wasn't what they wanted it to be, or expected it to be.  As you said, there's a completely free version, on the very same launcher, that they can go enjoy for the cost of however long it takes to download, if it's not already installed.

5 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

It's not even a "wallet battle".  It's a case of not understanding the difference between F2P and free trial.  My wallet's obviously staying fairly closed, since I'm too poor for basic gearing, and yet, I prefer to play here.  I would say "a simpler time", but frankly, it's harder when I don't have the years of accumulated wealth, even if that "wealth" is just stacks of mana/enchantment stones for my gear.  On the other hand, it does hit me in the nostalgia, which was the whole idea when I decided to check this out.  I remember struggling to get that +x weapon/weapon set, and fully socketed and enchanted armor, and I remember when I pulled 100 manastones out of the WH and went to my little "lucky spot" to start socketing gear.

Strangely, I was able to do all of that, back then, w/out candy.  I was able to max out all my crafters, w/out candy.  I was able to get full sets of Abyss gear on most of my toons, and get it socketed and enchanted, all w/out candy.  I anticipate being able to do the same thing again, w/out relying on my wallet, and I'd be willing to bet that I'm far from the only one that will.  If someone isn't happy, more power to them.  If they're going to uninstall, carry on, but let's leave the denigrating statements out of the equation.  The people like me, that came back to play a game that's closer to what we remember it being early on, instead of what it became, would like the chance enjoy our gaming w/out the negative Nancy's feeling like they have to throw a monkey wrench in our works on the way out the door because it wasn't what they wanted it to be, or expected it to be.  As you said, there's a completely free version, on the very same launcher, that they can go enjoy for the cost of however long it takes to download, if it's not already installed.

Funny because theres people getting level 50, full socket gear, +10 in a game thats 2 weeks old. 

Just now, Ele-DN said:

Funny because theres people getting level 50, full socket gear, +10 in a game thats 2 weeks old. 

...and?  So because someone did it, that's what everyone's going to do?  My SM went from about 6k Kinah to 130K kinah in about 3 hours, just playing the game.  I don't have anything to buy, so that's "money in the bank" for when I hit 50, and since it's 19 now, I have plenty of time, unless I rob it again for one of my alts, which is how it got down to around 6k.  You see, while there are a lot of people trolling chat about "P2W" and "but it should be F2P", there are others, like myself, that are actively playing the game, and doing what we have to do to get where we want to be.  I don't care what Player Y has, or how they got it, it's none of my business.  It's too bad that that attitude isn't universal these days.  However, maybe once all of the people that have been talking for a couple of days about how they're "just about to uninstall" finally get around to actually uninstalling, the community in game will get to feeling better, where the chat is concerned, anyway.

TBH I don't think the candy will do anything in fact it could help, If NCsoft uses it in the correct way it could put the gold sellers off. 

Yes I am from the start of Aion yes it was hard work to get what was needed I liked it like that, but what I could not stand was the spam after spam of gold sellers, seemed all you did all day was block block block gold sellers back in the day, and TBH its like this now but it could be stopped if it was done right. 

I think NCsoft could make the candy more of a way to stop the gold sellers and I don't think it would be that hard to do. 

12 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

...and?  So because someone did it, that's what everyone's going to do?  My SM went from about 6k Kinah to 130K kinah in about 3 hours, just playing the game.  I don't have anything to buy, so that's "money in the bank" for when I hit 50, and since it's 19 now, I have plenty of time, unless I rob it again for one of my alts, which is how it got down to around 6k.  You see, while there are a lot of people trolling chat about "P2W" and "but it should be F2P", there are others, like myself, that are actively playing the game, and doing what we have to do to get where we want to be.  I don't care what Player Y has, or how they got it, it's none of my business.  It's too bad that that attitude isn't universal these days.  However, maybe once all of the people that have been talking for a couple of days about how they're "just about to uninstall" finally get around to actually uninstalling, the community in game will get to feeling better, where the chat is concerned, anyway.

You're welcome to play however you want to play. I'm not telling your or anyone what they have to be doing, but in the end this is a pvp game. Just like retail.

I don't want to go in to too much detail, but the daeva pass, buying candy and selling it for kinah basically sped up the game process for it to become f2p. If it hits that point. We'll see in a couple months.

15 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

TBH I don't think the candy will do anything in fact it could help, If NCsoft uses it in the correct way it could put the gold sellers off. 

Yes I am from the start of Aion yes it was hard work to get what was needed I liked it like that, but what I could not stand was the spam after spam of gold sellers, seemed all you did all day was block block block gold sellers back in the day, and TBH its like this now but it could be stopped if it was done right. 

I think NCsoft could make the candy more of a way to stop the gold sellers and I don't think it would be that hard to do. 

Like I said above, but buying and selling game property is against most ToS so, but also its just NC milking.

2 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

You are just loosing time because no one is saying that candies are must-have in this game. And, in theory, even sub is not needed because you can play 1 h free a day. But it will take you ages, while the others get lvl 50 in one week and going to gank you everywhere you go. Yes, it is possible to play even Aion classic in f2p way, but you won’t be competitive.

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

You're welcome to play however you want to play. I'm not telling your or anyone what they have to be doing, but in the end this is a pvp game. Just like retail.

I don't want to go in to too much detail, but the daeva pass, buying candy and selling it for kinah basically sped up the game process for it to become f2p. If it hits that point. We'll see in a couple months.

Like I said above, but buying and selling game property is against most ToS so, but also its just NC milking.

Basically I just said what Ele already mentioned, without reading her post above.

How do you know that all the high level people are high level because of candies? Pretty sure most of them just put their nose to the grind wheel and got there without needing to use candies. People who are farming drops, are the ones benefiting the most from candy sales, not the people buying them to get quick kinah. Most people selling those PVE coins are people who just didn't use them from the Daeva Pass and again are taking advantage of the ones selling candies. People who buy candies are more likely to not have the time to farm/grind for it. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just like there nothing wrong with people who can only afford a sub, but can farm like crazy and sell valuable PVE gear for millions to those with money.

10 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

You are not very bright are you ? I’m playing retail.

Seems to me you're the one that's not very bright tbh. Considering this is the Classic forum after all, discussing Classic things.

You're on the wrong forums, Retail is another under another section. Do you need me to link it for you?

15 minutes ago, 2s65F09 said:

Seems to me you're the one that's not very bright tbh. Considering this is the Classic forum after all, discussing Classic things.

You're on the wrong forums, Retail is another under another section. Do you need me to link it for you?

I’m on the right forum because I was speaking about classic in my post. There was even a word “classic” mentioned there, I could highlight it for you but I doubt you can read.

47 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I’m on the right forum because I was speaking about classic in my post. There was even a word “classic” mentioned there, I could highlight it for you but I doubt you can read.

Why don't you crawl back under the rock from where you came from? Hint: (located here)

I'm aware you were discussing Aion Classic. When I mentioned if you didn't like how Classic is being run, you mentioned you play on retail servers. Please don't backpedal now.

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed on the internet unmonitored.

On 7/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, Guest Big nyerk Malone said:

Put your big boy pants on and stop whining like a little nyerk !"

People are having fun in chat, dont be a snowflake about it 😉

Candies help the servers running, so its all good

Someone said the N-word in LFG on siel elyos side yesterday.

I had also seen someone telling an unsubbed player "get your poor ass away from me"

Doesnt looks fun to me at all .

@Kibbelzis this the kind of community that NC promotes? People that are considering to subscribe are definitely getting turned off by this kind of toxicity.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:07 AM, Guest Truth said:

"MuH HaTe SpeEcH!!!!"

"MuH CanDiEs!!!!"

"MuH DisGusTiNg OpiNiOnS!!!!!"

You want my "disgusting opinion"? Unsub and go back to reddit. Two different people can have wildly different definitions of "toxic" behavior, and 9 times out of 10, the only recourse  for the person calling it toxic is to appeal to an authority/power structure to enforce their ill-managed will upon the other person. With the Government, that means sending men with guns to your house. In an MMO, it means getting silenced or banned from the service.

Speech that you hate is not hate speech. Neither NCSOFT (Korea) nor NCWEST (USA) have hate speech laws; therefore, what NCsoft considers "hate speech" is up to the company, as well as whether they actually punish it or not. From NCSOFT West Code of Conduct:

14. You may neither organize nor be a member of any pledges or groups within the Services that are based on or espouse any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate mongering philosophies.

OHH NOOO I CANT ADVERTISE MEMBERSHIP TO ARYAN NATIONS IN CHAT????? NOOOO NCSOFT NOOOOOOO!!!!1

Guess what? Korea does not give a ---- about US mental-gymnastic politics and gender-neutral bathrooms. Neither do most halfway sane Americans.

Candies are a nonissue. After level 30, your income from rubbish drops and broker will far exceed the cap. There is not a single piece of gear that you can buy with the Daeva pass coins or kinah that will give you a significant advantage in pvp, that you can't get through a little bit of grinding. Coin gear does not exceed PvP gear in usefulness.

L41+ Coin Gear Whales/Veterans V.S. L35 Quest Green Newbies with no game knowledge will end in the new player getting crushed, every single time.

L41+ Coin Gear Whales/Veterans V.S. L41 PvP gear Veterans will usually end in the PvP-Geared vets winning.

Why? Aion PvP is absolutely brutal and unforgiving: if you make a mistake, you will die. If you have no gear, you will die. End of Story.

The only thing you really need kinah for is Manastones. If you need Magic Boost, broker all your Attack and Crit Stones. If you need Attack and Crit, broker all your Magic Boost and Magical Accuracy stones. Unironically, stop being poor (and that has almost nothing to with candies).

Finally, and most Importantly: there are people playing Aion religiously simply because they love it. If you have questions on mechanics, gear, pvp, or anything else, Join a legion or make a forum post and ask for help.

11 minutes ago, Praxis said:

Candies are a nonissue. After level 30, your income from rubbish drops and broker will far exceed the cap. There is not a single piece of gear that you can buy with the Daeva pass coins or kinah that will give you a significant advantage in pvp, that you can't get through a little bit of grinding. Coin gear does not exceed PvP gear in usefulness.

Not really.. The 1m cap is pocket change to anyone selling candy to other players. Mboost/crit stones at 200-300k each, 1/3 of vender cap, which is cheap for anyone buying and selling bulk candy.  No one gets "rich" selling things for vender cap (even in main game) but if you did it must be a struggle. The 1m cap sets the rate at which kinah is added to the game. Now that candy pumps gold into the game, since it stops players from farming, which then less manastones comes in, how long till important stones hit 1m each, which is vender cap.  In KR theres thousands of bots to offset that.

Its pretty obvious the pass doesn't give an advantage later on.. like 3-4 months from now but we are 2 weeks in and the main "race" is to get to 50. Theres is no one with full pvp get (yet) to even worry about. Then theres the ones with +10 full socketed coin gear to save them 50-100% of their time grinding to 50. And the grind for pvp gear. Its a chain reaction from there.

9 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

Why don't you crawl back under the rock from where you came from? Hint: (located here)

I'm aware you were discussing Aion Classic. When I mentioned if you didn't like how Classic is being run, you mentioned you play on retail servers. Please don't backpedal now.

Maybe you shouldn't be allowed on the internet unmonitored.

Excuse me, but I don’t have to ask random people with combination of letters and numbers in their nickname where to post. I have a level 26 character in classic and I’m free to express my opinion about it, not sure under what “rock” you come from, but if you come to this forum only to offend other people, it’s rather you who should not be allowed on Internet.

Likewise, if you cannot accept the fact that forums exist so people can express their opinions, then don’t read it and don’t post here, I’m done with you, bye.

8 hours ago, Erynne-KT said:

Someone said the N-word in LFG on siel elyos side yesterday.

I had also seen someone telling an unsubbed player "get your poor ass away from me"

Doesnt looks fun to me at all .

@Kibbelzis this the kind of community that NC promotes? People that are considering to subscribe are definitely getting turned off by this kind of toxicity.

You can see similar reaction on posts in this thread also, and in all classic forum. Like I said, paying money for a game where you get insulted is silly. Moderation will not work because this would require too many human ressources that they don't have, they can't even ban bots. Earlier you quit, better for you.

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Excuse me, but I don’t have to ask random people with combination of letters and numbers in their nickname where to post. I have a level 26 character in classic and I’m free to express my opinion about it, not sure under what “rock” you come from, but if you come to this forum only to offend other people, it’s rather you who should not be allowed on Internet.

Likewise, if you cannot accept the fact that forums exist so people can express their opinions, then don’t read it and don’t post here, I’m done with you, bye.

Haha talk about not being bright. Oh wait those were initially your words and you continue to insult for no reason.

My username is because I played original servers and the forums are bugged. It's affecting other people too and I'm unable to edit it.

It's clear you are a young child and are afraid of Classic taking away any of the 100 people playing Retail. I understand, I was once young too. But I never played Aion at 12 years old.

There's no need to continually bait and troll and accuse others of what you are doing. Can't take the heat by the way? Stay out of the kitchen. Toodles. Xoxo.

Archived