@Kibbelz Can we please get pinned statement on ping reducers?

Wesker-KT

With all these reports of players getting flagged for Exitlag and other latency reducing software, there is no way the forum team haven't seen it.
Yet I still don't see any official word about.
It seems like a topic important enough to get a pin with an official statement.

Yes, I know some ancient posts can be dug up, but we need a current official statement if they are allowed or not.

I for one would be shocked if they are not, as there have always been a ton of people outside NA that played on NA servers that used it, which is why they exist in the first place.
For example players in AUS go from high 400ms to low 200ms with Exitlag, WTFast etc. etc.

And please no one go come in here with "this is intended for NA players bla bla bla".
If you want to cut your playerbase in half, by all means.

Can we just please get an official statement, is it allowed or not, do players get a false positive for it and have to submit a ticket to get unbanned and will they if this happens?
Then we don't need a new topic about it every week.

As I have posted in other threads on similar topics which you obviously didn't read.

When you use on of these services, the IP address of your PC changes from whatever it normally is , to one of the IP addresses that belongs to the provider your are getting the gaming VPN service from.

Obviously that provider only has a limited IP address pool to use, and if some other player has used that same IP address before you for nefarious activity, hence gotten NCsoft to ban the IP, then you are stuffed if you also try to use it.

Easy test, deactivate the software you installed that is changing your IP, let it fall back to your normal IP and try to login.

If you still show a ban, then it's gone beyond IP, and your account has probably been flagged for using a bad IP, which requires a support ticket to get cleared.

Moral of story, don't use an IP address, which someone else doing bad things, has used before you. eg. bots and kinah spammers use ping reducer or VPN services to hide their real IP from NCsoft.

So if you use a ping reducer service, there is always a chance you may get banned.

I did read it, but I dismissed it because you don't know what you are talking about.
Second, I asked for an official statement, and I don't see the "Admin Team" tag on your account.

Not my intention to be rude, but please just don't waste people's time with these posts, especially when the topic wasn't along the lines of "what do random players thing about xyz".

If you don't want random people commenting, then why not just directly message the Community Manager? Or try and contact them on another platform that better facilitates a direct ask? 

Alvie's post made sense to me in explaining how someone who may be innocent could get banned. The Aion team has always said that people who use ping reducers run the risk of getting banned. 

3 hours ago, Wesker-KT said:

I did read it, but I dismissed it because you don't know what you are talking about.
Second, I asked for an official statement, and I don't see the "Admin Team" tag on your account.

Not my intention to be rude, but please just don't waste people's time with these posts, especially when the topic wasn't along the lines of "what do random players thing about xyz".

You are rude, and are going on my ignore list you can shout at the clouds.

9 hours ago, Alvie said:

As I have posted in other threads on similar topics which you obviously didn't read.

When you use on of these services, the IP address of your PC changes from whatever it normally is , to one of the IP addresses that belongs to the provider your are getting the gaming VPN service from.

Obviously that provider only has a limited IP address pool to use, and if some other player has used that same IP address before you for nefarious activity, hence gotten NCsoft to ban the IP, then you are stuffed if you also try to use it.

Easy test, deactivate the software you installed that is changing your IP, let it fall back to your normal IP and try to login.

If you still show a ban, then it's gone beyond IP, and your account has probably been flagged for using a bad IP, which requires a support ticket to get cleared.

Moral of story, don't use an IP address, which someone else doing bad things, has used before you. eg. bots and kinah spammers use ping reducer or VPN services to hide their real IP from NCsoft.

So if you use a ping reducer service, there is always a chance you may get banned.

These kind of answers is the example of what we do NOT need on this thread. With this you only make us go backwards instead of forward.

First of all VPNs are needed. You can't tell us to stop using them when the game can be unplayable  without using one.

I talk from my experiencie: 260~350 ms with no VPN. 170~180ms stable ping WITH VPN

We already understand how bans work and its not IP Block, they're not blocking the IPs, its not "just turn the VPN off and keep playing".

They are blocking the Accounts.

Everything Wesker says has the right point. If you're not one of us who's being affected by NCSofts ways of handling suspicious activities, please just dont make things worse. 

This problem has existed since 2009, they wont fix these connection issues that exists within the game. Never did in the past 12 years, never will do in the future. This is why they should not block based on IPs. There are plenty of better ways to take actions against suspicious players, but this is the easiest one.

My account was blocked three days ago. LUCKLY i got it unblocked today. Now i know it was because of the VPN but i still dont know what suspicious beheavior that IP was associated with. They could see i have more than 10k Abyss Point to realize i was not a bot. There are ways to block bots only and evade false positives. If it was a cheater using this same IP, its easier to localice since its just one character.

Again, if you dont have anything positive to contribute us being affected by this problem, move on. If you make us go backwards, THAT is being RUDE.

Cya

Know what else botters use? Macro programs, like any mmo mouse/keyboard one, so let's also ban every player using Razer, Logitech, HyperX macro programs, 'cause it's thirtd party software too, right? 

Ping reducers don't mask or hide your IP, VPNs do but they work different and are used for different porpuses. I was locked out of my account for three days using a PING REDUCER, and because my IP was never hidden what they blocked was my PUBLIC IP from accessing the webiste and my particular account from accessing the game (two different grades of block). I could still access the game using other accounts (with and without the ping reducer), my husband playing next to me never got banned, he was just locked out of logging to the forums/website same as my other accounts.

Moral of the story: if you never used a ping reducer, never had the need and don't have the experiece or the knowledge you're just adding noise to a problem that does not affect you. You don't need to be a protagonist in every thread.

Lots of Europeans, Asians and South Americans were invited by NCSoft to play this game, buy the packs, spend our money, it's a no brainer we all use and need ping reducers to have an enjoyable experience. Mass blocking players randomly doesn't seem like a good approach to the problem, seeing as bots are still swarming around my questing areas (player bots too), and still filling LFG offering kinah HALF THE PRICE they did before I was blocked.

I’m NA and have used battleping since before I was even born, and haven’t had any issues.  Sorry to those outside NA having issues.

Usually get 30-60 ping away from main cities.  I’m the city, something like 60+

Surely they wouldn’t ban non-NA people using ping reducers, that seems silly.  Unless there’s some weird rationale.

Archived