Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

With a 1 mil daily  sales limit to vendors the only people with kinah will end up being the kinah sellers and those that buy.  I'm currently at level 36 and easily max out 1 mil grinding every day and have to rubbish a bunch of stuff.  This has to be changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So just going on the 1 million a day premise you present, you should have somewhere around 36 million, give or take for skills/crafting costs.  So how, exactly, is it that only kinah sellers and buyers will be the ones with money?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No one said that kinah sellers and buyers are the only ones with money... but they will have 10, 20 or 30 times the amount of a normal player... 
The cap is just hurting normal players and is stupid. 
Atleast they should increase it to like 15 a week or soo... better to remove it at all. The ones who bought candy and want to get all the money will just create new acc. so they get what they want anyway....

Edited by Nathraon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

So just going on the 1 million a day premise you present, you should have somewhere around 36 million, give or take for skills/crafting costs.  So how, exactly, is it that only kinah sellers and buyers will be the ones with money?

wait where do you come up with 36 mil??? lol it's been 12 days

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Taze-DN said:

wait where do you come up with 36 mil??? lol it's been 12 days

 

Yeah, math is hard w/out coffee...  However, the main point still stands, if you're averaging a million a day, and can't even vendor all your drops, how is it that nobody but kinah sellers and buyers will have any kinah?  Anything really worth selling can be listed on the broker, and doesn't count towards that cap, so it's not a limiting factor, even if it takes more than a few hours, or days, to sell.  A lot of junk armor drops can be broken down for enchantment stones, so that can, in the long run, save you some money, once again bringing your argument about who's going to have any money into question.

 

6 hours ago, Taze-DN said:

Also, it's not that I can't do anything.  It's that I'm not getting the kinah i should for putting hours in grinding.  Anyway that's my 2 cents.

Why not?  You're not able to sell everything you drop, so you feel like you're being robbed?  If it only applied to you, maybe, but it's universal.  You can set up a private shop if something is really valuable, or use the broker, and that removes the "detrimental" effects of the cap, right?  As I mentioned above, you can also break some stuff down into enchantment stones, thus saving you money, since you won't have to buy them, and they're more expensive than the extraction tools.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, one little thing that 1 MIL cap per account per day IS to slow people down! So the gap between the haves and have nots isn't through the roof.     I think its wonderful myself.  Keeps the whales from taking over the game (along with the typical whale attitudes which are very much NOT appreciated by 80% of the play base)  It's not perfect but it'll do.

As for you you over achiever.. That's right YOU!  Some suggestions.. what you don't disenchant and cant sell, and can't manage to get up on the auction house, because the stuff you do have up is over priced and NOT selling and your out of sell slots, well.. yo, clue time.  All your spending is time to get that fancy crap.   And yes I know, your time is soooooo valuble that you can spend hours per day playing a computer game...  right, pull the other leg please.  If they're not the same length my pants look funny. 

Try getting generous, saintly, sponsor lesser abled players with gear they can use!   There's players out there that are doing their best but their best ain't very good cuz there a whole lot about Aion they just don't get.  So give 'em some stuff!  Share what ya got.  Give 'em a leg up.  It'll help your faction..  More geared bodies more or less to soak up damage and be targets in abyss sieges while you go do the important stuff such as taking down gates, atheric field generators, snagging artifacts and blasting guardian generals to pixel dust and generally causing mayhem and friction for the opposing faction.   If your generating more potential wealth then you can sell then all those goodies are worth NOYHING.. they become what we in retail sales call "Shelf Dogs".. they lay around looks nice and take up space.  

I'm at level 26 with my main myself and I can't get rid of stuff fast nuff because I do want to craft and crafting mats tend to require A LOT of space for A LOT of mats.  Back in the day you had to make hard choices.   if you have to disenchant whiles and common greens for enchantment stones... sell 'em on the market or at private stores for 10-20% over cost.  (calculate cost as vendor sale price, plus disenchant tool plus not more then 10%, adjust generally lower per grade of stone, and remember if you ya can't vendor it its worth exactly ZERO kinah)  They'll move quickly and those that do the "buy low sell high" will always be under sold by YOU! which means they spend money, and you make money.  Sell by demand price. if you price items at what folk can afford they buy. If you don't you, have a shelf dog!

Everyone in this MMO and every other MMO I have ever played think their crap is worth a fortune and THEY ARE WRONG  because if no one is buying then its worthless!  It becomes a shelf dog and shelf dogs keep you from making money because they take up room that you need for the items you use and the items that DO sell.

And yea, I am just a bit of a jerk about it, but when you have heard the same crap from MMO players for near 30 years, you begin to wonder how folks can even manage to get their pants on in the morning much less anything else.

It all boils down to WE have a NPC vendor limitation.  Figure out a way around it, and be REAL in your assessment.  Do it right and EVERYONE wins.    We play these game for entertainment.  Do not let the game economic system limitations and its checks and balances get in the way of your entertainment.

 

Later dude!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, Bittena-DN said:

Well, one little thing that 1 MIL cap per account per day IS to slow people down! So the gap between the haves and have nots isn't through the roof.     I think its wonderful myself.  Keeps the whales from taking over the game (along with the typical whale attitudes which are very much NOT appreciated by 80% of the play base)  It's not perfect but it'll do.

Later dude!

...I just finished making my 5th account to level 10, I can sell 5 millions per day. I won't be playing those extra 4 accounts at all, I'll just log them to trade my extras and be able to get my full rewards on all my drops. That exactly what all the whales are already doing so they won't have to sell their candies for 80k only in private shops. The limit only hurts 1-account players. The rest of us will bypass the limit because 1m per day is wrong for subscription accounts which is the same to f2b (free to bot) accounts. Since making accounts is 100% free and not against the ToS I might  as well make more of them.

That "Later dude!" was the topping on a post that got it all wrong.

Edited by Titanas-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Titanas-KT said:

...I just finished making my 5th account to level 10, I can sell 5 millions per day. I won't be playing those extra 4 accounts at all, I'll just log them to trade my extras and be able to get my full rewards on all my drops. That exactly what all the whales are already doing so they won't have to sell their candies for 80k only in private shops. The limit only hurts 1-account players. The rest of us will bypass the limit because 1m per day is wrong for subscription accounts which is the same to f2b (free to bot) accounts. Since making accounts is 100% free and not against the ToS I might  as well make more of them.

That "Later dude!" was the topping on a post that got it all wrong.

It's actually not hurting me at all.  I'm not sure how public I'd be about using gold spammer tactics though, it could lead to another "but all I was doing was using a VPN" thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2021 at 4:50 AM, Ashlayna-DN said:

So just going on the 1 million a day premise you present, you should have somewhere around 36 million, give or take for skills/crafting costs.  So how, exactly, is it that only kinah sellers and buyers will be the ones with money?

I keep seeing this pathetic defending posts from you left and right.

You write but without even thinking about it, with zero common sense. One will be that for someone to have 36 mil with 1 mil per day limit, the servers should of been live for ... well , 36 days?

And this is just one of your lots of posts where you talk without common sense.

At least if you are going to ..defend something, do it with style. 

You welcome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Titanas-KT said:

...I just finished making my 5th account to level 10, I can sell 5 millions per day. I won't be playing those extra 4 accounts at all, I'll just log them to trade my extras and be able to get my full rewards on all my drops. That exactly what all the whales are already doing so they won't have to sell their candies for 80k only in private shops. The limit only hurts 1-account players. The rest of us will bypass the limit because 1m per day is wrong for subscription accounts which is the same to f2b (free to bot) accounts. Since making accounts is 100% free and not against the ToS I might  as well make more of them.

That "Later dude!" was the topping on a post that got it all wrong.

Ugh, it's seeing things like this that make me realize while I play, what's the point?

It's going to be become like Lineage 2 Classic, all P2W items in the shop with P2W events. And Lineage 2 Classic is dead as a door nail. It's really sad to see that the future of Aion is this, unless they change some things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IceAge said:

I keep seeing this pathetic defending posts from you left and right.

You write but without even thinking about it, with zero common sense. One will be that for someone to have 36 mil with 1 mil per day limit, the servers should of been live for ... well , 36 days?

And this is just one of your lots of posts where you talk without common sense.

At least if you are going to ..defend something, do it with style. 

You welcome!

Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication, and you fail.  You fail so hard in fact, that I have to wonder, are any of your opinions worth considering?  I'm to the point where if you posted "Grass is green", I'd be looking for a second opinion.  One would only have had to read two more posts to see my admitting my own mathematical errors.  The other issue is your rather all encompassing definition of P2W.  You see, I've actually tried to be competitive in a P2W game, w/out being one of the whales, and it's not something I'd wish on anyone.  Here?  My drastically undergeared, I guess if I were whaling it up that wouldn't be an issue, ranger went 2/2/1 in PvP yesterday.  Won 2 lost 2 and 1 draw, because I ran out of run scrolls and couldn't keep up with a 'sin with sprinting and a run scroll.  I also got an assist, on accident, when an Elyos cleric ran right to me while being pursued.  It was funny, and I did register a kill, but not really the PvP I'd count.  Before the "see, they're whaling it up, and that's why you couldn't catch 'em" posts/comments, all of my toons on Retail have at least 50 of each scroll, and I have a stack of several hundred of each in the shared storage, I crafted them myself, and they're PvP essentials, even before F2P was a thing in Aion...

 

It's amazing that despite all the "no way to be competitive" comments in these topics, I'm pretty competitive.  I have to wonder though, if it wasn't the candies, would it be "but they're only winning because they're hacking"?  It was pretty common back in the day, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EIana said:

Ugh, it's seeing things like this that make me realize while I play, what's the point?

It's going to be become like Lineage 2 Classic, all P2W items in the shop with P2W events. And Lineage 2 Classic is dead as a door nail. It's really sad to see that the future of Aion is this, unless they change some things.

Welcome to f2p and subscription and p2w all in one server. Don't judge it, do not express any different opinion, the candy p2w warriors will come here to tell you that you are a crybaby and you do not know how to play.

I am not playing in a subscription server. I play in a p2w f2b server, the onle thing I do is pay for my main so I can play more than 1 hour. I had to do multiple accounts and this is the only way to keep up with whales. P.S. I did 2 more accounts, I am getting bored every day but the good thing is that this is a one time investment.

4 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication, and you fail.  You fail so hard in fact, that I have to wonder, are any of your opinions worth considering?  I'm to the point where if you posted "Grass is green", I'd be looking for a second opinion.  One would only have had to read two more posts to see my admitting my own mathematical errors.  The other issue is your rather all encompassing definition of P2W.  You see, I've actually tried to be competitive in a P2W game, w/out being one of the whales, and it's not something I'd wish on anyone.  Here?  My drastically undergeared, I guess if I were whaling it up that wouldn't be an issue, ranger went 2/2/1 in PvP yesterday.  Won 2 lost 2 and 1 draw, because I ran out of run scrolls and couldn't keep up with a 'sin with sprinting and a run scroll.  I also got an assist, on accident, when an Elyos cleric ran right to me while being pursued.  It was funny, and I did register a kill, but not really the PvP I'd count.  Before the "see, they're whaling it up, and that's why you couldn't catch 'em" posts/comments, all of my toons on Retail have at least 50 of each scroll, and I have a stack of several hundred of each in the shared storage, I crafted them myself, and they're PvP essentials, even before F2P was a thing in Aion...

It's amazing that despite all the "no way to be competitive" comments in these topics, I'm pretty competitive.  I have to wonder though, if it wasn't the candies, would it be "but they're only winning because they're hacking"?  It was pretty common back in the day, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I also saw a level 9 mob and killed it with 2 shots, therefore all arguments are invalid and grinding is easy because of my level 9 mob killed easily by my 20+ char in ishalgen.

Nobody cares about an equally undergeared sin you played against and you lost because of a scroll. It is when you play against someone with a full gear, full sockets and full scrolls and potions that you will understand where your position is. Don't bring us your 5 pvp examples and generalize because that is not how it works.

12 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

It's actually not hurting me at all.  I'm not sure how public I'd be about using gold spammer tactics though, it could lead to another "but all I was doing was using a VPN" thread.

Gold spammer tactics? Having more than 1 accounts is not a bannable offense, logging in and doing something and trading is also not against any ToS. I played the chars myself, did the quest myself and now I only enjoy the fruits of my hard work. You read into it too much. Making an alt account is acceptable. Having 100 accounts that you made legit and not with a 3rd party program is also legit. If you make one new account every 2 days for example, in 200 days you will have 100 accounts. where is this being against any rule as long as I simply log them and play manually?

Edited by Titanas-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Titanas-KT said:

Welcome to f2p and subscription and p2w all in one server. Don't judge it, do not express any different opinion, the candy p2w warriors will come here to tell you that you are a crybaby and you do not know how to play.

I am not playing in a subscription server. I play in a p2w f2b server, the onle thing I do is pay for my main so I can play more than 1 hour. I had to do multiple accounts and this is the only way to keep up with whales. P.S. I did 2 more accounts, I am getting bored every day but the good thing is that this is a one time investment.

I also saw a level 9 mob and killed it with 2 shots, therefore all arguments are invalid and grinding is easy because of my level 9 mob killed easily by my 20+ char in ishalgen.

Nobody cares about an equally undergeared sin you played against and you lost because of a scroll. It is when you play against someone with a full gear, full sockets and full scrolls and potions that you will understand where your position is. Don't bring us your 5 pvp examples and generalize because that is not how it works.

Gold spammer tactics? Having more than 1 accounts is not a bannable offense, logging in and doing something and trading is also not against any ToS. I played the chars myself, did the quest myself and now I only enjoy the fruits of my hard work. You read into it too much. Making an alt account is acceptable. Having 100 accounts that you made legit and not with a 3rd party program is also legit. If you make one new account every 2 days for example, in 200 days you will have 100 accounts. where is this being against any rule as long as I simply log them and play manually?

So "competitive" only counts when you say?  Who made you the arbiter of what PvP is, and isn't?  Sorry that this rains on your parade, wait, no, I'm really not, what it does do is demonstrate exactly what's wrong with your narrative:  The narrative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 7:26 AM, Ashlayna-DN said:

So "competitive" only counts when you say?  Who made you the arbiter of what PvP is, and isn't?  Sorry that this rains on your parade, wait, no, I'm really not, what it does do is demonstrate exactly what's wrong with your narrative:  The narrative.

Your narrative is wrong because you did some pvp and won and this is only your words. We do not even know what the enemy was wearing. You killed an enemy, therefore all p2w topics are wrong... you couldn't be more out of topic here. There is not a single person who is 100% sub-only that doesn't dislike candies and p2w. Only those that benefit from it are happy.

Edited by Titanas-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2021 at 5:40 AM, Nathraon said:

No one said that kinah sellers and buyers are the only ones with money... but they will have 10, 20 or 30 times the amount of a normal player... 
The cap is just hurting normal players and is stupid. 
Atleast they should increase it to like 15 a week or soo... better to remove it at all. The ones who bought candy and want to get all the money will just create new acc. so they get what they want anyway....

They should increase the cap when you level up, would be a better idea than raising it per week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actively ban bots, remove candy from game and raise the vendor caps.

Why NC can't get this thru their head when the community has been begging and pleading for it since day 1 of Classic launch is beyond me.

But hey, here's a lodas amulet survey for the crybabies who lost the first 2 sieges, let us know what you think! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProfessorDerp-DN said:

Actively ban bots, remove candy from game and raise the vendor caps.

Why NC can't get this thru their head when the community has been begging and pleading for it since day 1 of Classic launch is beyond me.

But hey, here's a lodas amulet survey for the crybabies who lost the first 2 sieges, let us know what you think! 

By community you mean the ones making a fuss about it, there is a good portion that just don't care one way or another about the issue. But, you also need to understand that those candies are likely a great source of income for NCwest. They aren't going to get rid of them just because some group of people are making a lot of noise. That's like asking the movie theatres or sporting events to not price gouge on snacks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Titanas-KT said:

Your narrative is wrong because you did some pvp and won and this is only your words. We do not even know what the enemy was wearing. You killed an enemy, therefore all p2w topics are wrong... you couldn't be more out of topic here. There is not a single person who is 100% sub-only that doesn't dislike candies and p2w. Only those that benefit from it are happy.

Yes, my stating that PvP is competitive is wrong...  Maybe there's something else at issue here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

Yes, my stating that PvP is competitive is wrong...  Maybe there's something else at issue here?

This is about p2w issue. You are doing mental gymnastics here and trying to take the conversation elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Titanas-KT said:

This is about p2w issue. You are doing mental gymnastics here and trying to take the conversation elsewhere.

There are a lot of mental gymnastics going on here, but I'm not the one performing them.  PvP is exactly what one would presume one to be paying to win in a true P2W scenario, and yet, here you are, telling us all about how some PvP doesn't count, because it doesn't fit into your narrative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With my time on classic, although raising the vendor limit SEEMS like the right thing to do. It really isnt. As a hypothetical, say they raise it to 10m. Well now all the p2w players will go buy candies, level up multiple accounts to lvl 10 and sell enough candies to make 10m a day. So they could be making 40-50-60m every single day with little, to no, effort. With NCSoft launching the game with the candies shows how money hungry they are, and how they dont fully care what happens to the game. But the candies are here, and honestly the last thing we need is to give the p2w players an even bigger advantage. Raising the kinah limit helps them more then it does us. At this moment candies are flatlining. Theres less and less on the server (that people are willing to buy) every day. NCWest got their cash grab and by doing so ruined the economy and the longevity of the game. So in my eyes, just let it be. Because no offense, but were the last people being looked out for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do want them to raise the vendor limit because higher level players are naturally going to get more expensive drops and be able to easily reach it, but at the same time, if they did this they would have to actually ban the bots or it's just going to make the situation worse.  I've seen bots running around in the level 40+ areas frequently and I always report them for auto hunting but they're always still out there the next day.  If the bots are allowed to get to higher levels and not get banned and they got their vendor limits raised too it would just add to the gold selling problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...