Hmm so about the game performance ^_~

Intoxicated

Try closing any excess processes running in the background. You can Google which ones you can safely disable.

The game actually does run smoother for me than the original release. Although I haven't participated in any sieges yet.

Maybe you guys start doing your homework? And stop crying about why is the 10y old game Not running smooth QQ. 

First of all this game gives a f* on your gpu. Cause its a cpu heavy game. 

2nd its 10 years old, so Singlecore programmed. 

And 3rd since 10 years Singlecore Power rised like 10-30% max. 

9 hours ago, 1s18CA96 said:

Maybe you guys start doing your homework? And stop crying about why is the 10y old game Not running smooth QQ. 

First of all this game gives a f* on your gpu. Cause its a cpu heavy game. 

2nd its 10 years old, so Singlecore programmed. 

And 3rd since 10 years Singlecore Power rised like 10-30% max. 

This is far from correct. Have you tried running Rivia tuner or even FRAPS? You'll see barely any CPU utilization.

The original release of Aion required a 2.8ghz processor. I'm running nearly twice that at 5ghz. Also, original recommended requirements are a dual core as this was programed with 2 cores in mind. Original recommend graphics card was a 7800GT which was a beefy card.

This game is very much so multi core and graphics bound.

To put this in a perspective for you I am running a Ryzen 5800x at 5ghz , a GTX 1070 (Dang scalpers stopping me from upgrading lol) and 32 gigs of RAM. I run at max settings and hitting frame cap of 62fps. Lowest I have seen it dip is 58. On average it is using about 50% GPU utilization and a staggering 6% CPU. This is at 1440p resolution as well. The wife has a Ryzen 1700 (At stock speeds), 16 gigs of RAM, and a RX560 in 1080p. Max settings and hitting frame cap of 62 fps as well. Dunno utilization exactly but I know it's close to what I am using.

The client is what is holding modern computers back, not specs.

1 hour ago, 2sB867E-DN said:

Well that's interesting.

I have a Ryzen 2700x, 16GB RAM, and a 5700XT and I struggle to hit 50 FPS.

5-6% CPU utilization,  and around 30% GPU utilization.

What resolution are you playing? That sounds about right for a 4k monitor.

2 hours ago, 2sB867E-DN said:

Well that's interesting.

I have a Ryzen 2700x, 16GB RAM, and a 5700XT and I struggle to hit 50 FPS.

5-6% CPU utilization,  and around 30% GPU utilization.

You dont have much more to gain anyway, considering Aion Classic is capped at 60 FPS.

Overall cpu usage of 20% doesnt mean you have air up. 

You need to watch every core usage. And if one is at 100% and 7 at 5% it Shows you 12-15% usage only.

Dont Come with clock speed pls (GHz). Its says almost nothing.

For the ones who are Stuck at 40-50. Try the totorial fix. 

Press H and watch any totorial Video and your fps goes back to 60

4 hours ago, 1s18CA96 said:

Overall cpu usage of 20% doesnt mean you have air up. 

You need to watch every core usage. And if one is at 100% and 7 at 5% it Shows you 12-15% usage only.

Dont Come with clock speed pls (GHz). Its says almost nothing.

For the ones who are Stuck at 40-50. Try the totorial fix. 

Press H and watch any totorial Video and your fps goes back to 60

0 people said 20% CPU utilization mate. Both of us have said about 6%.

And you cannot possibly be dumb enough to state that "It's designed for single core" and then state "Don't come with clock speed". The single core suggested for recommended is 3.0ghz. I have 5ghz PER core. The recommended dual core is 2.8ghz. Again, I have 5gzh PER core. That is nearly twice the speed for recommended. To say that means nothing shows you don't really know what you are talking about.

Go watch utilization through Riva Tuner (Part of MSI Afterburner) and you will see a single core hit maybe 60% during loading. But you will also see all 16 cores being used, all of them around 6% on average.

Yes the tutorial glitch fixes lowered frames. You are correct on that.

Archived