Why did you choose your race?

Sugary

Random question but inquiring minds want to know!

Personally I chose Elyos because of the more healthy skin color and the fact that the leveling maps are bright, wonderful places to be in.

On the contrary I wouldn't mind the Asmo claws and glowing eyes x3

Originally I chose Asmodian due to the way they looked. I liked the glowing eyes and the claws. Plus the trailer with the assassin made them look really cool. Now here on Classic I play Asmodian since I know the map and quests and this time around I'm playing with the wife.

Asmo. I love them from the lore perspective as a strong individuals that were able to survive in a harsh conditions even through evolving, changing with respective surroundings. To survive among the beasts one must become the beast so I love claws and fur and glowing eyes as well as darkened skin. All of that makes them more brutal, no some ely shining bs here (no offence). Also, black feathered wings. 

Besides, I like the sunless landscapes covered in moss and snow. So cold so calm. Zones with elites are better too in terms of esthetic. 

And soundtrack, I like it so much more than the ely's. Gelkmaros Fortress soundtrack alone takes the score here. 

Even the location names are so good. I just couldn't play ely now.

I always choose Elyos because I like angel like looking but my heart is now with Asmo. I believed they're good side yes Asmo look like a devil/beast but I like their lore a lot. Lately I feel that Elyos is beautiful but yet their hearts are corrupted and deceitful in one quest Elyos even admitted they sending spies to Asmodae to sabotage. In term of gameplay I believed Asmo have better racial skills which made them like easy mode.(Even sin and templar who got 100% damage buff(sin) and recovery hp skill(temp) 1 sec cd).

Nothing really beautiful about elyos land after Vertron. Just infinite deserts.

21 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Nothing really beautiful about elyos land after Vertron. Just infinite deserts.

While we have forests with giant mushrooms all over the place. Paint you wings in black and come to the right side!

I've played asmo for 10 years but swapped to elyos for classic because I got tired of being out numbed 2:1 at a minimum for every siege also never being able to get any world bosses simply due to the numbers game. I don't play as much as I used too so will already be behind in gear, rather not be behind in numbers as well. 

Started out as Elyos in 2009 and switched when I went rifting and saw Asmodae. Really love the landscape and atmosphere. The lore is fantastic too but that goes for both sides imo. Also love that flip!

Archived