Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - July 7, 2021

20 minutes ago, Retta-DN said:

How about fixing server stability? 

Since when is it unstable? I have been playing for several hours a day since Classic launched and the server has been rock solid.

The only problem I have is DC in sieges, but nobody can explain why that occurs, just speculation, and the server doesn't crash.

19 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Since when is it unstable? I have been playing for several hours a day since Classic launched and the server has been rock solid.

The only problem I have is DC in sieges, but nobody can explain why that occurs, just speculation, and the server doesn't crash.

I 've got the same issue in siege and tried ExitLag , it solved it, there is a 3 day free trail so it might help you too.

1 hour ago, Yujieee said:

Can you just even free the trades to other player?

Or just free for looting item in boss.?? Because not all of the players can afford the Siel's Subscription.. Or just Free to gain Abyss.. 

Just give atleast one of these three for sure there is a lot more players to play.

The whole point of this is they don't want you to play without it.  You're asking for them to undermine their financial structure because you don't like it.  Do you actually think anyone will take you seriously.

11 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

The whole point of this is they don't want you to play without it.  You're asking for them to undermine their financial structure because you don't like it.  Do you actually think anyone will take you seriously.

Yes i know it, but there is no risk of trying right?

That is why it has forum right for questions and opinions.. 

2 minutes ago, Yujieee said:

Yes i know it, but there is no risk of trying right?

That is why it has forum right for questions and opinions.. 

Except the forums are rife with people begging for special treatment or to otherwise undermine the company's policy.  It's nauseating. 

You don't walk into a supermarket or electronics store and whine that you can't afford their products/they should lower the cost/give you special treatment.  I don't know why anyone things it'll be different here.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Except the forums are rife with people begging for special treatment or to otherwise undermine the company's policy.  It's nauseating. 

You don't walk into a supermarket or electronics store and whine that you can't afford their products/they should lower the cost/give you special treatment.  I don't know why anyone things it'll be different here.

Atleast in my country by law even supermarkets are still bazaars and you are allowed to go inside, pick what you want and ask the person at the counter if you can get everything for a dime. Certainly the chances of success are obvious, but you are allowed to try nonetheless.

On another note: stay pay to play, thank you.

Edited by Stormwing
Posted (edited)

I have always belonged to the apparently minor group of playerbase who dislikes any kind of events which give away items that can be obtained ingame. I like to play or let's write invest time for beautiful skins, powerful gear, useful titles, and so on. Fortunately the early versions of the game used to be scarce in events whereas later on every form of accomplishment got nullified by giving everything for free if one was online during the right event.

If a game requires events to be fun and/or playable, it is fundamentally wrong or not meant for that specific person.

Edited by Stormwing
Typos
23 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The Code Red event could be a fun "simple" event while everyone levels. It would be nice to get some scrolls. 🥰

kZoGg6z.jpg

I disagree whole heartedly.  Now is not the time for code red.  Many people worked on leveling crafting and gathering so can sell stuff to make kinah.  This would completely kill that.  Selling consumables is a way people not selling candies etc can make kinah and would be bad to take this away from them now.

18 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello Daevas of Classic!

Scheduled maintenance will take place starting at 6am Server Time  tomorrow (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and is expected to last approximately 2.5 hours. This maintenance will be adding a chat filter to Aion Classic.

Thank you!

https://imgur.com/1NP57Sk

i guess we are going to need to pump up that chat filter @Kibbelz

Posted (edited)

where's this chat filter exactly? how does it work? do we have to go activate something anywhere? why isn't there any info on this ? lol and where are patch notes? we never get patch notes it seems...

Edited by Seren-Dust
5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The Code Red event could be a fun "simple" event while everyone levels. It would be nice to get some scrolls. 🥰

kZoGg6z.jpg

Code Red event they use to run the week or two before a major patch was released. It was my favorite event.

6 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

kZoGg6z.jpg

Absolutely not.  To me personally, part of what killed retail was the events.  Making an alt army and using them for these events became more important than actually playing the game normally.  You want some scrolls?  Go level crafting or do stuff in game to make kinah and buy them.

9 hours ago, 2s194BCA said:

Well in later Aion Versions the Quest Cube is normal, and gathering isnt part of the game in such matter anymore, nor is crafting - talking about 7.x ver so just the QC would be nice enough.

Classic will never go up to that version, but gathering and crafting were a part of the game all the way up to 6.0

6 hours ago, Tyd said:

I disagree whole heartedly.  Now is not the time for code red.  Many people worked on leveling crafting and gathering so can sell stuff to make kinah.  This would completely kill that.  Selling consumables is a way people not selling candies etc can make kinah and would be bad to take this away from them now.

45 minutes ago, Kong said:

Absolutely not.  To me personally, part of what killed retail was the events.  Making an alt army and using them for these events became more important than actually playing the game normally.  You want some scrolls?  Go level crafting or do stuff in game to make kinah and buy them.

Dang y'all feel strongly about it.  😂 But you're right, I had not considered the impact upon people who are trying to make kinah by crafting scrolls. My bad!

Just now, Vantheria-DN said:

Dang y'all feel strongly about it.  😂 But you're right, I had not considered the impact upon people who are trying to make kinah by crafting scrolls. My bad!

But the scroll event's are one of the best

Yes, one of the best and acceptable if once in a blue moon. Not all the time like they started doing. Otherwise you can say goodbye to a whole crafter's economy whatsoever and then people complain and then .... bye crafting and gathering

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Personally I love code red as well, but just at this time I feel is the wrong time is all.  I mean who doesn't love having those scrolls stripped by an sm lol.

No events. The game is literally 2weeks old; I wouldn't want to see an Event until Halloween/Christmas, if that (perhaps some decorations).

It's one thing that I thought got completely skewed in Retail. Events are supposed to be little extra things as an aside for the game to be fun or something quirky to do, NOT be the reason people log in.

I don't want to see Classic become an Event-fest like Retail did; I want to see people play the game and content. Classic is supposed to be hard and make you earn your place in the game, it's the whole point of having a sense of accomplishment/achievement and working with the community you're a part of (be it Elyos or Asmo) to succeed.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:54 AM, Forthyn - Asmodaes Pea-k said:

No events. The game is literally 2weeks old; I wouldn't want to see an Event until Halloween/Christmas, if that (perhaps some decorations).

It's one thing that I thought got completely skewed in Retail. Events are supposed to be little extra things as an aside for the game to be fun or something quirky to do, NOT be the reason people log in.

I don't want to see Classic become an Event-fest like Retail did; I want to see people play the game and content. Classic is supposed to be hard and make you earn your place in the game, it's the whole point of having a sense of accomplishment/achievement and working with the community you're a part of (be it Elyos or Asmo) to succeed.

I think that they failed massively with Aion Events, what i would love would be some kind of DLC quality EVENT in a story form, that would be so neat, but hey this is NCSoft :D