How to pick a class from the easiest to the hardest class to play

Neleth-KT

Hi Aion family :)

Today I'll ranking classes from the easiest to hardest class to play in term of dpsing (healing in group is not included)

1.SW/Bard

Why - Because you can healing yourself you can sleep you can dispel yourself you can heal mp also good dmg with good starter stigmas it's the easiest class and good choice for beginner's class to play.

2..Sorc

Why -  If you use this class right you will put down any mobs quickly before it can touch you u also get refract shard to regen mp also the default stigma that they give u is perfect for dps and reason why it's not easiest ? because you have to do freezing wind weaving all time or your dps is not considering good and u easily run out of mp.

3.Cleric

Why - *Again I must remind you this ranking has nothing to do with group healing it's only related to DPS term* the default stigma you got is consider good excepted u didn't get chain of suffering,the dpsing is pretty straight forward no weaving require u just dps and heal yourself easy enough only problem is u will run out of mp easily as dps cleric which is why I ranked cleric no3.

4.SM

Why - Could be one of easiest class if you mastered but very confused for beginners and neeed to control pet it's just hard to understand dispel bind silence slow fear everything make this class not good for a beginner default stigmas is pet stigmas pretty good for anything before 66 but after 66 your pet will die from boss all time you can pick up this class after u learn to play aion first.

5.AT

Why - Pretty good default set of stigmas everything is straight forward just charged and dps you u need to keep boosting mb via Stability Thrusters only problem is u must not spam skills cause Stability Thrusters will deactive if u use it again.The reason why its no5 because it has worst dps of all magic class and not good until u level 75 and the worst point is u can't see ur own skin while mounting robot make this class totally unpopular.

6.Gunner

Why - Good damage with cannon bad damage with pistols but u able to move while shooting with pistols,the default stigmas is pistol set.The problem with gunner is a lot of charging skills with cannon make people with impatient don't like it and u have to switching weapons all time cause u need mp from pistols.Make this class is pretty hard for beginners but once u mastered it's one of top dps class.

7.Chanter

Why - They're only physical class with ability to heal got HP mantra to auto heal HP,Speed mantra to speed up running speed and Invincible Mantra to keep healing MP,you can kill anything non stop able,The reason why it's no7 because you need to weaving or u running out of skills and weaving is advance step in aion all physical classes require weaving.

8.Templar

Why - Default stigmas you got is not good cause u lacking of Invigorating Strike.You really don't need to switch weapons as a Templar.Again you will running out of skills if u don't weaving.

9.Ranger

Why - Because you need to spam focus shot every 5 skill which can be extremely annoying.If u don't use focus shot ur dps will be horrible.The bad point is u got a lot of buffs that u need to spam Bestical Fury,Focus Shot,Devotion make u extremely busy as a ranger.Good thing is u can reached attack speed cap at lv30 once u got BF and don't forget u have to weaving too.

10.Glad (Dual Wield)

Why - It's very hard to weaving with DW because your attack speed is very fast but other than that it's like Templar.

11.Sin

Why - It's hardest class in Aion to play and not recommended to any beginners to play.Tons of buffs that keep u busy like hell plus rune system plus u need to attack with poison attack from behind and it's the fastest class in game make weaving with sin is nightmarish.Attack animation is extremely fast and it burning power shards like hell.

Somehow this is just a guide line doesn't make u should avoid certain classes because this guide said they're too hard to play,I've played every class and I say every class is fun and unique there's no such as too hard class or bad one.Some people might find SM easier than SW.If you can't make up ur mind just try every class I hope this guide helps one way or another :)

Thank you :)

Nice Guide

IMO, I found small differences.

I think cleric is even easier than SW, cause even if the DPS is smaller (this is not really true with endgame gear, but it happens at lower levels), the cleric has stronger and faster heals so you can recover faster your HP if needed. The cleric also has a lot of instant skills so it can just run in circles and avoid a lot of hits. That makes easier for that class to kill strong enemies or even soloing more instances and quests.

I found the gladiator easier than templar. Glads have better dps and with polearms have more AoE skills. Some of them even recover HP. So they can kill mobs faster and are better to face many low-med difficult mobs at once. Templar are more resistant and will live longer with some hard mobs. But all that HP will be so annoying, cause after killing some mobs you will have to sit and wait so long to recover it all so you can come back to the action.

Of course I saw that you made this guide about soloing things and leveling alone. As you said, things change when you have to play in a group and need to take your role.
So, again IMO, roles are:

DPS: the easier one. And, yes, everyone can do DPS, but not everybody can be a good DPS. To master this role you will need to find your best rotation of skills, learn where you have to be to avoid unnecesary damage and try to learn a little about how to help with your own HP and MP. Even when some people thinks that DPS is just about gear, actually rotations are way more significant. You can be a good DPS even with a regular gear, but you can not be a good DPS with the better gear and a bad rotation of skills. In some way all the classes can be DPS with practice.

Tank: Harder than DPS. You are in some way dependant of your gear. Your resistance and stats depends so much on what gear you use. You are the one supposed to start the battles so you must know where to go and what to lure. You will need to learn your skills so you can take agro and protect the others. You also will have some skills thay will save you from hard attacks and some times without them you will not be able to survive. Some classes are easier to do this job (plates, AT), but actually other classes can do it with a great gear and practice.

Heal: This is a little complicated to learn. The healers are more dependant on skills than gear. So few instances will require an specific gear. But you need to do some tasks when healing:
- have control on the map: you need to see where are your group members and need to be in the center of them so you can reach all of them. You need to know where you can take less damage to avoid being hit. (being hit is dangerous, not only cause you will need to heal yourself, also is dangerous cause some of your skills will be cancelled).
- have control on your group HP bars: you need to have an eye always on that. Even when you are supposed to focus on the tank, you must try to not loose any of your companions. Everyone is important and is doing a job, so you need them all alive. You will need to see if they need a dispel too.
- Make a good administration of your skills: you have many skills but you need to use them in the right moment. Wasting a big heal when no needed could result on not having that skill when needed. You will have to learn the right skill for each amount of HP lost.
- Administrate your own HP and MP: if you run out of MP, all the people die. You need to put attention on that, use your MP recovering skills, potions and do not spam heals if there is no need or your MP will be empty. (And No, the SW is not your slave. If there is a SW and he helps you, nice. But you need to learn to have MP without any SW)
this role usually goes to the cleric, but chanters and SW can also do it with a lot of practice and skills.

Support: Probably the hardest one to master. A lot of people use classes that can be support (chanters and SW), but so few are really good on this role. A good support can make your group to look like a team 50% bigger and resist a lot more damage. But to do this, you will need to learn how to do many things at the same time.
- you need to know how every other class works so you can see wich of yours skills are better for who and when.
- you need to know the instance and bosses: Many strong buff skills have a long Cooldown, so you will need to use them. When your team will need an strong defense and when they will need to boost their DPS
- you will be a second healer in hard situations. So you will have to pay attention to HP and MP bars on your team. If the cleric is having a hard time, you will help him. And if you can give MP, you will see when and who needs it. (So bassically you need to know how to be a healer too)
- when everything is fine you will help with some DPS to make the run faster.

look like you don't know about gladiator, you said glad is like templar but this 2 class many different. gladiator is one of few class can do solo 90% of all instance with 6 skill drain HP from damage and 1 skill heal. and gladiator geared have many def. <i have 7300 if buff = 8k+> and glad with DW have hard DPS  my glad can kill barracks boss in solo without elemental = 6 min. <if use fire form 4 min.> i play both glad and temp , temp verry hard if solo cus heal skill CD long time <if use heal stigma you lost 1 stigma dps> 

but the most important of easy to play is glad can do dps with auto attack when u lazy to put ur finger up to use skill. only 1 click or press c auto attack. how many class can do this ? only glad and sin <but sin need 3-4 buff self for more dps except glad no need> 

your topic is which class is most easy to dps right ? the answer is gladiator , only auto attack still can do high dps. this is real easy . how does other class can ? i guess only sin btw glad auto attack vs sin auto attack <no buff both class> ===> glad win 

Hi thank you for your interests in this thread :)

First this guide is about which class is easy to DPS not best DPS.

Yes there're roles for each class for a glad tanking and dps is same thing but for a temp it's not wise to use reroute power while tanking.
As for myself I think main healing is kinda harder than support(mp heal,shield,buffs) because as a cleric u have to dispel timing ur aoe heal and loci people(loci will remove SS which is why cleric should res) for a starter cleric I suggest u should trying to heal easy instances first like ORB then advance to g2 cleric IS then try adma and ttc with a support chanter.Ofc people are mean and will say horrible stuff to you if u failed at healing :( but please remember nobody know how to heal without failing if u lacking of confident get some friends with u :) believe me those who cursing u they're just bad all they have just a mouth and they talk big but if someone giving u an advice please do listen to them :)

About glad I specify said it's DW glad the reason I didn't included polearms in the guide because polearms is toward to pvp and it's kinda hard to gather mobs in open world(illume)u will likely to kill them 1 by 1.Sure it's fun to kill mobs inside instance wiith aoe stigmas but being fun =/= good dps.Yes it's possible to weaving with polearms but the result is not as good as with DW.I believed in later levels temp aoe will be superior than glad aoe.

Thank you all I hope this will answer some of your questions if not all :)

When I started Aion at launch I started with a sorc because I was coming from WoW and I mained a shadow priest (I figured a game with only 1 healer at the time wouldn't have a viable speccing of the healer to dps).  It was fun to play but then I made a chanter and found it easier to play than my sorc because of the self healing and all the other things it could do.  Its not as difficult to play as you would think either.

15 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

When I started Aion at launch I started with a sorc because I was coming from WoW and I mained a shadow priest (I figured a game with only 1 healer at the time wouldn't have a viable speccing of the healer to dps).  It was fun to play but then I made a chanter and found it easier to play than my sorc because of the self healing and all the other things it could do.  Its not as difficult to play as you would think either.

Chanter has a few quirks that some people don't really consider. For example, if I'm in a group with another chanter, I will often see him/her pop Word of Quickness latest?cb=20120724005208 right at the beginning of the boss fight. That's such a waste though. That skills cuts casting time in half; in other words, if the group's HP starts to decrease fast and the cleric is struggling, that skill can literally save the group because the cleric can get those heals cast in half the time. WoQ has a 5 minute cooldown, so you can really only use it once per boss fight in most instances. It's better to keep that skill saved for an "oh crap" moment when the cleric is struggling. If, at the end of the fight, you still haven't used it to help the cleric (or yourself if you're doing a lot of/all of the healing), then it's okay to go ahead and pop it.

That's just an example of the "little things" that have to be considered for chanter.

That's not quite correct :)

For my personal use I rather to use WoQ when somebody died and use it as fast res in group or oh shit moment.
Anyway using at beginning of the fight may not as good as u know because sorc will buff vaziel and magic assist which will get sorc nearly cast speed capped no need for WoQ.
For 2 chanters in group that's quite rare since their recovery of spells do not stacked HoTs do not stacked and mountain crash dots do not stacked too.Pretty much like trying to get 2 SMs in same group.

3 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

That's not quite correct :)

For my personal use I rather to use WoQ when somebody died and use it as fast res in group or oh shit moment.
Anyway using at beginning of the fight may not as good as u know because sorc will buff vaziel and magic assist which will get sorc nearly cast speed capped no need for WoQ.
For 2 chanters in group that's quite rare since their recovery of spells do not stacked HoTs do not stacked and mountain crash dots do not stacked too.Pretty much like trying to get 2 SMs in same group.

Depends upon the instance - that will drive when WOQ should be used, as well as the anticipated need for healing. That could be because the cleric is new, or unfamiliar withe instance, whatever. The chanter needs to use their judgment.

One thing that is really at waste is a chanter just deciding to pop WOQ without checking with the casters. If my skills are on CD and/or I'm at the cap, then it's a waste. If it's a long fight, then people should know  in advance so that the skills can be coordinated (e.g. boss health). 

The above is for PVE- for PVP - then I would say that the chanter really does play a critical role in timing WOQ  since it  has the potential to benefit heals so much as well as DPS.

well. and all those different opinions are just about WoQ. And i saw some good points about when to use it. Now we have many more buffs with similar situations about the right moment. And also take into consideration that chanters had their mantras divided in many small mantras some years ago making harder the choice about wich ones to have. Finally lets add the extra healings and that not everyone here can be right and the possible combinations on the other skills..... Yeap it is hard to be a great support. To be honest I played with a lot of chanters, some of them are good on that class, but I only remember one chnater that really made a difference in every run he was in. One of those that make you think "Oh, when they nerfed this instance? yesterday in this same place those mobs kicked our ****s many times and now was too easy!" Try to think when was the last time a chanter made you feel that way and you will see how hard to master is that role xD

All PvE DPS can be boiled down to 2 or 3 buttons per class with good use of the custom skill chain system and watching the damage log. So anyone reading this; don't be afraid of playing a class because someone says it's hard.

No hate but when people say Assassin is hard I just can't help but think they are the kind of person who would try to force a square block into a round hole.

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

And also take into consideration that chanters had their mantras divided in many small mantras some years ago making harder the choice about wich ones to have.

No, it was the exact opposite. They merged and removed mantras, and now Chanters have less mantras than before, making it extremely straightforward to choose a combination. There are like, only 3 viable mantra combinations.

6 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

No, it was the exact opposite. They merged and removed mantras, and now Chanters have less mantras than before, making it extremely straightforward to choose a combination. There are like, only 3 viable mantra combinations.

Eh I'd say 4 viable which means you have to pick 3 of the 4 depending on the situation/group.  There's the HP regen one, MP regen one, crit strike one, and defensive one.  Of course each of those mantras do more than what I just said but that's the jist of them.

7 hours ago, Mempo-KT said:

No hate but when people say Assassin is hard I just can't help but think they are the kind of person who would try to force a square block into a round hole.

Wait you saying you can't fit a square block into a round hole? O.o  Damn I knew I was doing something wrong but couldn't put my finger on it! ;)

23 hours ago, Bryos-KT said:

yes. sorry. that was what I tried to say. In the past were a lot of small mantras to choose and now only a few with many stats on them. 

Archived