Forth's Fort Log — Siege Numbers: Siel & Israphel — Updated Regularly [Classic]

Forthyn

2 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

afaik nobody is sieging during the double XP week, everyone is busy power-leveling

Pfft I wish, Siel Asmos just took all the lower Forts, screw the People that are 40 trying to level at them :(

While I really do appreciate you putting this together with every siege, it's only made the Siel Asmo-Elyos population (and siege participation) appear more balanced than it actually is. I'm also concerned that IS-Asmos are seeing this and rerolling to SL-Asmo, worsening the situation. 

1 hour ago, Alexandriae said:

While I really do appreciate you putting this together with every siege, it's only made the Siel Asmo-Elyos population (and siege participation) appear more balanced than it actually is. I'm also concerned that IS-Asmos are seeing this and rerolling to SL-Asmo, worsening the situation. 

He is only putting the numbers, the difference in level/gear/overall participation is another story.

14 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

He is only putting the numbers, the difference in level/gear/overall participation is another story.

Yeah, this.  Look at those L50 numbers.  Siel Asmos have 110+ L50s in the Abyss while Elyos had 20?

I was in the Abyss a little after siege time, questing my 31 Cleric on rubbish mobs in the Roah Ruins, a good distance from the fortress.  Group of Asmos that must have been 50s came to my "safe" Elyos camp, killed the guards, killed the tower, and far as I could tell, didn't even get scratched.  Then left me alone and flew away which, kudos for having the decency to not kill an obvious lowbie.

8 hours ago, Alexandriae said:

As Arhangelos said, it is a participation issue. The reason I'm showing numbers is to provide evidence against those who say "we're outnumbered 2:1, lock Asmo creation etc" because these individuals fail to see the bigger picture, they only see red names. Elyos siege leaders can't force players into the Abyss to siege if those players would rather be leveling, crafting, or doing whatever they want to do with their subscription time.
Secondly, many Elyos have the mindset of not wanting forts nor defending them so they have farm spots.

I fully expect these numbers to change when Fort Instances are introduced.

Many people have a strange mindset towards this early content.... there is always an incentive to compete for resources, what do they think sieges were like back in 2009? I guarantee the OG players back then didn't sit back and "focus on leveling."

5 hours ago, Kaeta-Classic Siel said:

Yeah, this.  Look at those L50 numbers.  Siel Asmos have 110+ L50s in the Abyss while Elyos had 20?

I was in the Abyss a little after siege time, questing my 31 Cleric on rubbish mobs in the Roah Ruins, a good distance from the fortress.  Group of Asmos that must have been 50s came to my "safe" Elyos camp, killed the guards, killed the tower, and far as I could tell, didn't even get scratched.  Then left me alone and flew away which, kudos for having the decency to not kill an obvious lowbie.

Siel numbers are now being counted, there happened to be an exact 110 lv50's in the Abyss for Asmos.

34 minutes ago, Forthyn - Asmodaes Pea-k said:

Siel Elyos failed to capture a "free" fort; faction "uncoordinated"

9m5WBxb.png

I have Siel Elyos listed as "Preform  - no", this is inaccurate as they did form for siege. I'll be more diligent in the future.

3 hours ago, Forthyn - Asmodaes Pea-k said:

Siel Elyos failed to capture a "free" fort; faction "uncoordinated"

9m5WBxb.png

7xbOsL1.png

I'd like clarification on what you consider a "free fort", because there was a shiton of asmos pvping us. Sure IT WAS NOT the entire force, but we have less people at lvl 50, and due to that, less geared (pve, pvp, you name it). We had to have half of our force pvp and half on deity to try and hold the asmos, and even then we couldn't.

So no, it was not free. lol

35 minutes ago, Loadrng said:

I'd like clarification on what you consider a "free fort", because there was a shiton of asmos pvping us. Sure IT WAS NOT the entire force, but we have less people at lvl 50, and due to that, less geared (pve, pvp, you name it). We had to have half of our force pvp and half on deity to try and hold the asmos, and even then we couldn't.

Pretty sure that is why forth used the quotation marks.

1 hour ago, Loadrng said:

Asmo's had no intention of stopping Elyos from taking the fort, the Asmo's who did engage with you did of their own free Will, and they were white names or people in groups. No alliances were formed. What I'm saying is the fact it took so long into siege and the fort still didn't flip resulted in many Asmo's going over to investigate.

To take quotes directly from players: What happened? How'd y'all not get that?

1. E: coordination, motivation, communication
2. E: Because our faction has no coordination and suck at PvPing.
3. A: tbh if u hadnt gone hellfire, most asmos wouldnt even have followed u to krotan lol.
4. A: 1. Fight asmos at hellfire for 25 minutes with 70% of ur players. 2. No time to kill deity. 3. That's it
5. E: hahahah I was there at the start, and I would estimate until maybe 15 mins in, we had 30-40 people there
6. A: we had no alliances on asmo side, just random groups looking for some AP. we f--ked around a bit at miren and then at hellfire. Then we were like, k lets check krotan, its been 30 minutes. Elyos almost got it apparantly? and then elyos got wiped lulz
7. A: why were elys fighting us at hellfire, was the plan to take miren first?
8. A: if those two alliances of elyos that came at miren focused on krotan you guys woulda had it.
9. E: 40% of elyos were at krotan, meanwihle s--t force and clarity were "fighting off asmos" at miren XD
10. A: asmos who went from miren to krotan was due to elyos defending at hellfire. they just went random lol
11. E: where the f--k is everyone dood

#11 screenshot:

DmRnkpS.jpg

Edited by Forthyn - Asmodaes Pea-k

19 hours ago, Loadrng said:

I'll do it w/o the quotes and say that yesterday's siege was a FREE FORT for Elyos.  There was, once again, no reason to split your forces in fear of Asmodian forces coming to delay/prevent the Elyos from capping Krotan.  As a matter of fact, the very bulk of the top legions were farming towers for medals and didn't even care about Elyos taking Krotan.  Hell, we WANTED you to take Krotan, so you can finally cap your first upper fort since release.  It wasn't until one of your smooth-brained leaders made the call to go take Hellfire and then make a half-assed push from Hellfire to Miren like you were going to move on Miren.  And on top of that, even had the nerve to activate Hellfire.  It was at that point when there was about 5 mins left on the siege that we decided to wipe you guys at Krotan.

Your Elyos siege leaders are literal Pepegas that executed the same tactic around a week ago (give or take some days), when Miren got dredged forcing all of the Asmos to defend the fort from being lost.  Instead of focusing all of your members on a single fort/diety, your leaders chose to split the alliances to Krotan and Kysis from which I heard you got one of the diety's to about 35-40% before the Asmos sucessfully defended Miren and moved to wipe the Elyos at both forts you were engaged in.

I see you made the comment about having less Lv50, but I guarantee you that these most recent two situations where you were handed a free, hardly contested fort was NOT because of your lack of Lv50s or numbers.  This was solely on your leadership.  1-d calls being made on a 2-d playing field because trust me, Asmo weren't interested in whatever the hell you had going on over there and Asmos /3 was full of comments supporting your attempt at taking your first upper fort.

21 minutes ago, Fappachino said:

I'll do it w/o the quotes and say that yesterday's siege was a FREE FORT for Elyos.

Why do elyos even need forts? They are getting 10s of 1000s of medals from IS when it gets merged in to the server. Beyond that the instances will have portals for the losing faction so they can still do the instances. Other than morphs there is no reason to contest forts at all.

Elyos are better off getting a PvP buff since their entire faction seems to be solo orientated gamers. 

12 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Why do elyos even need forts? They are getting 10s of 1000s of medals from IS when it gets merged in to the server. Beyond that the instances will have portals for the losing faction so they can still do the instances. Other than morphs there is no reason to contest forts at all.

Elyos are better off getting a PvP buff since their entire faction seems to be solo orientated gamers. 

Bold of you to assume that there is a merge coming. Look at how low retail got before they merged. 

49 minutes ago, Arazith-IS said:

Bold of you to assume that there is a merge coming. Look at how low retail got before they merged. 

Merge or paid transfers, Either way people will be bringing medals over to sell for kinah so they can RMT them off.