Forums

Forth's Fort Log — Siege Numbers: Siel & Israphel — Updated Regularly [Classic]

Forthyn

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Tbh SL-E is only gonna get worse, Even more players have quit elyos to re-roll asmo and beyond that the elyos clearly have a divide and are not going to budge.

It is what it is.

I don't think we're divided, certainly that's not our biggest issue. More than anything we just need to increase faction participation. I'm wondering what levels people are at because from what I can see we had an equal amount of people online, they just weren't in the Abyss.

Elyos needs more people to hit 50 and more people to participate in fort sieges and other types of PvP. I wouldn't be surprised if people are looking at the constant losses and being outnumbered by mostly higher leveled and higher-geared Asmos in both the Abyss and Heiron and using that as a reason not to participate.

I've seen people hit the 40s and slow down or outright quit because of it. It's hard enough for people to PvE and level or do dungeons because of Asmos, let alone asking them to participate in PvP. We need a morale boost to get people to want to level up and attend siege. Honestly some Elyos side XP bonuses and PvP incentives from NCSoft wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Leiloni

43 minutes ago, Leiloni said:

I don't think we're divided, certainly that's not our biggest issue. More than anything we just need to increase faction participation. I'm wondering what levels people are at because from what I can see we had an equal amount of people online, they just weren't in the Abyss.

Elyos needs more people to hit 50 and more people to participate in fort sieges and other types of PvP. I wouldn't be surprised if people are looking at the constant losses and being outnumbered by mostly higher leveled and higher-geared Asmos in both the Abyss and Heiron and using that as a reason not to participate.

I've seen people hit the 40s and slow down or outright quit because of it. It's hard enough for people to PvE and level or do dungeons because of Asmos, let alone asking them to participate in PvP. We need a morale boost to get people to want to level up and attend siege. Honestly some Elyos side XP bonuses and PvP incentives from NCSoft wouldn't hurt.

People are tired of losing over and over again outnumbered and outgeared, simple really

Particularly in an instance like last night, where an hour of alliance formation on the Elyos side led to being wiped by asmos in one minute at Siels West. But sure, go ahead and say that's because of "poor leadership". The past few sieges have made it abundantly clear that the only fortresses we acquire are those willingly given to us by Asmos. 

Edited by Alexandriae

1 hour ago, Alexandriae said:

Particularly in an instance like last night, where an hour of alliance formation on the Elyos side led to being wiped by asmos in one minute at Siels West. But sure, go ahead and say that's because of "poor leadership". The past few sieges have made it abundantly clear that the only fortresses we acquire are those willingly given to us by Asmos. 

Reverse the sides, that's what happenend IS-A yesterday.

Elyos side is definitely screwed right now. It’s not a lack of leadership, it’s a lack of numbers, no one can do anything. Once you hit 20, your options are to grind on Verteron elites or grind in Theobomos, as asmo have constant access to Eltnen and will prevent you from questing there. God help you once you hit 30 and get to Heiron, you can’t do anything there. 

90% of content right now is blocked by asmo, especially mid 30s-40s. Alliances of asmo will camp in Heiron, blocking access to instances, steamrolling every Elyos they cross, literally killing everything in town including quest NPCs, etc. Even in Eltnen access to Fire Temple is getting  blocked now as well. After 30 you really can’t play the game as an Elyos. I know many people who have quit due to this, and many more who will.

I plan to at least get a character of every class to 30, and after that I’ll probably quit for reasons mentioned above. The abyss and sieges will only get worse, and no amount of leadership can fix the dropping numbers. 

1 hour ago, Amryth said:

Elyos side is definitely screwed right now. It’s not a lack of leadership, it’s a lack of numbers, no one can do anything. Once you hit 20, your options are to grind on Verteron elites or grind in Theobomos, as asmo have constant access to Eltnen and will prevent you from questing there. God help you once you hit 30 and get to Heiron, you can’t do anything there. 

90% of content right now is blocked by asmo, especially mid 30s-40s. Alliances of asmo will camp in Heiron, blocking access to instances, steamrolling every Elyos they cross, literally killing everything in town including quest NPCs, etc. Even in Eltnen access to Fire Temple is getting  blocked now as well. After 30 you really can’t play the game as an Elyos. I know many people who have quit due to this, and many more who will.

I plan to at least get a character of every class to 30, and after that I’ll probably quit for reasons mentioned above. The abyss and sieges will only get worse, and no amount of leadership can fix the dropping numbers. 

Pretty much this.

Abyss is even worse, you can't do anything unless you have an alliance with you. Even then you will get swarmed pretty quickly. Any 1v1 you get is against someone with much better gear/skill than you. Or a ranger jumps out of hide and blows you up XD.

It's a combination of things, Asmos have far greater numbers, leadership with a lot of experience, and much better gear. A lot of people went Asmo/rerolled Asmo for easymode. The result of that is they are controlling everything, with lots of Elyos quitting before they even hit 40 because they get steamrolled in Eltnen/Heiron.

I don't blame anyone for doing this, it is a game after all and getting kills is fun. But if it keeps up Siel will be the same as Israphel pretty quickly, then we all lose out. I am hoping that people hang on for more patches to be released because ap/gear will come a lot easier, just gotta think long-term and not get put off by the current situation.

Edited by Boober

1 hour ago, Amryth said:

TBH If you get to 30 you should be fine to quest just get the daevanion set that should help

Edited by Wsnow

15 hours ago, Amryth said:

My Asmo just kills all the bots running around in eltnen yet i get zerged by lvl 45+ with lvl 27 XD

15 hours ago, Amryth said:

There's always a losing faction, but this is definitely a bit of "grass is greener" vibes. If you reroll to SL-A thinking that there wont be high level Elyos groups to zerg you on asmodian maps, or think that FT will be this untouched safety zone that you can just come and go as you please, you will be bitterly disappointed. Every single day there are people in SL-A getting mad about rangers blocking FT and "this faction is so rubbish no one will clear the entrance!?" stuff like that.

We're all being killed by the opposing faction, we're all having our instances blocked, it's the nature of the game. You don't want a server where there arent enemies around every corner because that is a dead server ._. I'm not saying "hurr hurr we are 100% in perfect equality between factions" but certainly if you imagine the SL-A experience is an Elyos-free and zerg-free experience you're well off the mark.

Every single day, both factions get more and more L50's despite the set backs; you just have to stick with it despite the hiccups because L50 has never come for free on a healthy server~

12 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Every single day, both factions get more and more L50's despite the set backs; you just have to stick with it despite the hiccups because L50 has never come for free on a healthy server~

LOL you do understand that level 50 elyos are re-rolling to asmo right? Elyos are losing 50s not just gaining 50s.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT

5 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

LOL you do understand that level 50 elyos are re-rolling to asmo right? Elyos are losing 50s not just gaining 50s.

I was commenting more on the mindset people have rather than the state of the faction. I could rephrase it as "Every single day, both factions get new L50's despite the set backs; you just have to stick with it despite the hiccups because L50 has never come for free on a healthy server~" and the sentiment is still the same.

I can't help it if people are rerolling to take the path of least resistence, but my point was that on a healthy server there'll be no such thing as reaching L50 'n gearing up without struggle, setbacks, resistence, etc etc. I hope that anyone who rerolls to try and hit 50 easier continues to be at the mercy of the opposing faction because to have a free-pass to 50 is indicative of a very unhealthy server. Of course I hope most people dont reroll at all, but that's not up to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I become occupied last night and didn't upload Miren after siege was over. I was not online for Sulfur siege.

One of my screenshots failed while taking Elyos World numbers for Siel, so for all intents and purposes I have chosen to leave that section blank to avoid any falsification.

FXG3yZm.png

5KH7iQV.png

Looking at these is interesting, because in almost every single one the Elyos have more players online but less at siege.

That coupled with the people complaining that Elyos have less players (all the while it's untrue on both servers) really makes SL-E look like the "I want my participation trophy" faction. It sucks for the people actually showing up and putting in a ton of work, but what is anyone supposed to do about it?

- If Asmos reroll Elyos then the numbers advantage only grows larger.
- If Asmos start to give Elyos more free forts / contest forts less Asmos kill any morale Elyos currently have.
- If NCSoft gives Elyos anything more than just XP boosts it will cause an unstoppable swing in momentum, because Elyos already have the numbers advantage.

There's no real solution to incentivize Elyos players to attend sieges that doesn't just completely flip the scenario on it's head, because the issue isn't a lack of players it's a lack of attending players. It would be different if Asmos had 1500 people online and Elyos only had 1000. 

On IS a lot of Elyos are not in legions, way more as a percentage than I notice on SL.  I would think that legions drive siege attendance if they want their name on the fort.

At siege times there are a bucket load of people in LFG advertising for instance runs. TL runs seem very popular.

Half the time I wouldn't know a siege was on, it's not like LFG gets spammed on IS. I missed the last one earlier today on IS where Elyos took Krotan, I would have attended but didn't notice ads, and can't remember the times.

2 hours ago, MXJ said:

Looking at these is interesting, because in almost every single one the Elyos have more players online but less at siege.

That coupled with the people complaining that Elyos have less players (all the while it's untrue on both servers) really makes SL-E look like the "I want my participation trophy" faction. It sucks for the people actually showing up and putting in a ton of work, but what is anyone supposed to do about it?

- If Asmos reroll Elyos then the numbers advantage only grows larger.
- If Asmos start to give Elyos more free forts / contest forts less Asmos kill any morale Elyos currently have.
- If NCSoft gives Elyos anything more than just XP boosts it will cause an unstoppable swing in momentum, because Elyos already have the numbers advantage.

There's no real solution to incentivize Elyos players to attend sieges that doesn't just completely flip the scenario on it's head, because the issue isn't a lack of players it's a lack of attending players. It would be different if Asmos had 1500 people online and Elyos only had 1000. 

Are you just looking at the total numbers? These include bots and lower levels, look at the lvl 50s, they tell a different story.

Edited by Boober

2 hours ago, Boober said:

Are you just looking at the total numbers? These include bots and lower levels, look at the lvl 50s, they tell a different story.

The point remains the same - The faction that refuses to play the game seems to expect rewards for doing so. The goalpost just moves from "people aren't sieging" to "people aren't leveling." 

I see the complaints here, and have both personally experienced and observed every single one of them happen to Asmos as well.  If you really want to use "I get ganked" as an excuse, go somewhere you can't be ganked.

44 minutes ago, MXJ said:

The point remains the same - The faction that refuses to play the game seems to expect rewards for doing so. The goalpost just moves from "people aren't sieging" to "people aren't leveling." 

I see the complaints here, and have both personally experienced and observed every single one of them happen to Asmos as well.  If you really want to use "I get ganked" as an excuse, go somewhere you can't be ganked.

I am just trying to understand how you came to the conclusion that Elyos outnumber Asmos. 

Edited by Boober

@Boober:
I did not read significantly anywhere, yet the technical statement from MXJ, that level 50 Elyos are not really lower in numbers than Asmodians on Siels is correct, judging from the screenshots alone. Unless I am interpreting those pictures wrongly.

39 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Boober:
I did not read significantly anywhere, yet the technical statement from MXJ, that level 50 Elyos are not really lower in numbers than Asmodians on Siels is correct, judging from the screenshots alone. Unless I am interpreting those pictures wrongly.

Yeh, I edited that immediately, well before your post, but thank you. 

Literally the last post by Forth shows 416 asmo 50's compared to 306 Elyos 50s. Not trying to argue that a lot of the issues aren't due to lack of effort, just pointing out that Elyos do not have higher numbers.