[Event] +100% XP Bonus Week : 7/14 - 7/21

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

We hope you have been enjoying your time in Atreia thus far! To aid you in your adventures, we will be holding a special XP-Bonus event across all of Atreia!

This event is a step-up from our previous XP boosts on all accounts – so you surely don’t want to miss it! The event will begin after maintenance on Wednesday, July 14 and will last for one full week until maintenance begins on Wednesday, July 21.

We are also upping the ante during in terms of the amount of experience gained, with the event featuring a 100% experience boost across combat, gathering, and crafting.

Thanks for all the feedback you’ve been sharing, and while this isn’t technically Daevas’ Haste (there will be a buff icon though!), we do hope enjoy the event! 😃

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty happy since my playtimes are more restrictive than back in 09 but I can see how some would feel this is a bit too soon. Though I imagine prioritizing quest completion will keep the leveling curve slow and only really allow big jumps upward if you focus on elite grinding. Since we already have the first large wave of 50s rolling around smashing our mid-30s faces in it prob won't matter much to add a few more to the pile. 

My guess is that they've got a reasonably quick 1.5 timetable they want us to be ready for. Or they're just doing it randomly and have no plan, who knows!

People who are upset about a week long exp boost are the people who are either 50 or close to it. Relax not everyone gets to play every day! Take advantage of it and learn a craft or something! =D

1 hour ago, Rare said:

People who are upset about a week long exp boost are the people who are either 50 or close to it. Relax not everyone gets to play every day! Take advantage of it and learn a craft or something! =D

I'm level 34 and playing 3 days a week. And I would prefer not to have this type of boost (double exp for entire week) this early in the game. I mean what's the point of it if leveling itself is part of enjoyment?

8 hours ago, Equilibria-DN said:

Im torn about this... Kind of happy.. but this feels way too soon.

Maybe a weekend? but a week seems excessive ... doesn't give people the true classic experience... just "here is a boost level quickly to the end" 

way too excessive! stick to regular small xp boosts. this is unneccesary 

9 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for all the feedback you’ve been sharing, and while this isn’t technically Daevas’ Haste (there will be a buff icon though!), we do hope enjoy the event! 😃

what feedback are you referring to? was this "public"? i like to know the general thoughts about this xp buff! 

6 hours ago, Rare said:

I have a lvl 23 Assassin, 22 Chanter, and a 5 Mage. I have plenty of time to play if I wanted to. Still not too happy about a double XP week after the game has been live for less than a month. Not really a "classic" experience.

6 hours ago, Rare said:

My highest is a lvl 20 and I am also not happy with the exp event. This ain't the classic experience they promised us.

They are doing this so they can roll out the next patch with more content.  You need more end game people so can get fort instances, Dark Poeta etc.

However the negative side effect of this is the people on the currently losing factions now have an easy excuse to reroll to whatever faction or server they want.

12 minutes ago, Tyd said:

However the negative side effect of this is the people on the currently losing factions now have an easy excuse to reroll to whatever faction or server they want.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is what they're thinking tbh. So honestly IS-A and SL-E will be even worse off than they already are.

1 hour ago, Arazith-IS said:

If you don't want the XP bonus, then remove it when they cast it...not everyone wants to take several months to level. 

I think you miss the point. Those of us who don't want it don't want it because it's not what was promised to us. It's been a few weeks and we already have people completely done with the main game. This is far from a "classic" experience. Giving XP boosts as much as they have feels like their rushing everyone to the next thing. Most of us who wanted classic wanted to play classic, not rush through everything.

Most of us would be happy with a double XP event if it wasn't for the fact that for two weekend we already had a 30% gain and this double XP is an entire week long. XP increase should be a rare treat, not a nearly weekly thing!

Hello there @Kibbelz

thank you for thinking of us, who still have not reached level 50 yet by adding a +100% EXP buff. However, I have to disagree with the execution of it.
I hope you do realize how this week could impact the "underdog" factions. People are already slowly swapping servers to play on the winning side. With the event in place, it will just further damage the balance. We (IS-A) have already lost more than a few Asmodians to Siel-A. (A huge legion split up and most went to Siel).

You should reconsider an additional incentive for the underdog faction until tomorrow. Be it a 100-200% Drop Boost, maybe a 50-100% AP boost by killing mobs or players. 
Maybe a survey to give us some AP, or idk, 1 FREE AP piece? Anything really. Something to not make us lose players within the XP boost week.

I know it's a lot to ask for, but you should figure something out..... because this does make ZERO sense.. to host such an event while the balance is getting worse and worse... unless.... you're actually planning to merge the servers a few weeks before 1.5. Even then, it would NYERK to not have the ability to get medals for the underdog factions. We'll be behind and maybe you could lose potential customers... by quitting the game entirely.

Cheers

Archived