Israphel is dying, omg the imbalance!

Tonykev

14 minutes ago, Arazith-IS said:

90% of the comments from the Elyos side are from me (at least for this thread), in just the post above, I stated that I want both sides to have healthy population and good fights. So how exactly am I trying to protect from any real competition?

Personally I take any fights that I can, so long as I am not facing a purple or I am outnumbered. We all will see different groups though because everyone pvps differently and have different thresholds of when to fight or flight. 

Not sure about this last siege was since I wasn't there for Krotan (I'm only 37 so I wouldn't even be able to damage guards let alone the Dux). You can't blame a faction for using the tools available to them though, you need to learn to overcome what you might come up against, Elyos shouldn't go easy just because Asmo's feelings are hurt. 

Asmos hardly showed up for the last lower fort btw, that was the start of the boycott, we Elyos just sat there farming Asmo guards on the island, there was no Dux to fight, so I am not sure what you are talking about. We don't have 3rd party number counting for earlier sieges, but we do have reports that at first week there were roughly equal numbers according to streamer videos, any loss of numbers since is mainly due to leadership and moral. 

I'm not denying that there is NOW a numbers imbalance, but the reasons why is not solely because of the Elyos. 

The why doesn't really matter at this point.  I agree a numbers disadvantage can be overcome.  I had a small group of 18 who dominated Kahrun when it was released against a disadvantage.  

The numbers weren't ever "even" they were just less Elyos favored (more like vanilla).  Sure the Asmodian's don't have a real leader but at this point that will not fix the issue because everyone has left for a healthier (not saying healthy) more populated server.  And what do you think the 100% exp week will do?

2 servers was ambitious for NCSoft in the first place, they should cut their losses and just create 1 server with a higher population and then actively monitor that server for balancing.  Otherwise classic will be dead before DP is even released.

by "less Elyos Favored" a 25 person disparity when both sides only have 75v100 isn't nearly as bad as a 200 person disparity when you remove bots during the latest numbers.  One could be overcome... the other, no.

A server merge will prevent those who want to play both sides with just one account. I think this is the main reason why Retail has not merged into one server. I don't think it's wise to rely on a merge.

I wouldn't be opposed to IS-A getting a faction exclusive XP buff if numbers remain in Elyos favor after this next week. But getting organized will have to happen, and along with that, gaining the trust of the faction to lead. Just like a leader is nothing without backing, numbers is nothing without teamwork.

53 minutes ago, Foenix said:

The why doesn't really matter at this point.  I agree a numbers disadvantage can be overcome.  I had a small group of 18 who dominated Kahrun when it was released against a disadvantage.  

The numbers weren't ever "even" they were just less Elyos favored (more like vanilla).  Sure the Asmodian's don't have a real leader but at this point that will not fix the issue because everyone has left for a healthier (not saying healthy) more populated server.  And what do you think the 100% exp week will do?

2 servers was ambitious for NCSoft in the first place, they should cut their losses and just create 1 server with a higher population and then actively monitor that server for balancing.  Otherwise classic will be dead before DP is even released.

by "less Elyos Favored" a 25 person disparity when both sides only have 75v100 isn't nearly as bad as a 200 person disparity when you remove bots during the latest numbers.  One could be overcome... the other, no.

It's kinda amusing to me that people forget the queue at launch 2 weeks ago? I remember I was stuck in queue of 26 thousand (out of 29k) and 9 thousand for ishraphel (i was back of the line QQ). When server balancing was still a thing during launch, I'd assume things looked differently to what it is today. That said, 2 days of monitoring and calling it quits for the next 2 weeks is kinda nyerk poor commitment.

1 hour ago, Foenix said:

This has never and will never, ever, ever work. 

People are going to play with their friends. Most of the "top" players, or even above average, had their legion before they even DIed the game, if there legion was going one faction, they were going that faction. Allied legions were also going to follow, as will people follow streamers and players they regard as "Top Players".

No amount of Locking down factions will ever change that, period. People will make more accounts and make the other faction alts, just to lift restrictions till they can make a character where there friends are, or the faction they like, or they just won't play till they can. 

Very very few people will actually login and say "well my faction of choice is locked, I will just play the other one". 

You can play the "buff that faction" game, but then it will just throw balance off the other direction, unless it's a changing buff something that follows the minirority faction, in which case not many will bother and the issue will remain. 

There is no way to fix faction imbalance, there just isn't. 

I'm not sure how many europeans are exactly playing on IS (% wise), but i can say for sure that during the evening (european time ~8pm till 11pm) there are alot of NTC/FT/SR/ADMA parties going and the server looks healty. But after 11pm, pretty much all parties and people disappear. Of course at that time it's afternoon in the US and most people are still at work or in school, but it's still crazy how empty it feels.

So it's certain that alot of europeans are playing on IS, at least on the asmo side, and of course they can't participate in any siege (except maybe the lower one on saturday). That means that even if both sides have more or less the same amount of active players, maybe there are more americans playing on the elyos side and therefore they have the numbers advantage.

To be sure, we have to wait until Gameforge figures out how to start a classic server in europe. I'm pretty sure NC will have to merge servers after EU launch, because you will lose a ton of players :/

It takes a few people to start saying "this server is dying" and the crowd will follow, then server ultimately is dying after all. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy caused by the players, not NCWest.

While having websites showing player count such as MyAion is a great thing, it has added doubts to the many players already on Israphel to move to Siel because "it's dying". That unofficial discord server has fueled the issue by giving the option to give yourself role of Siel or Israphel, and many already started doubting Israphel's population before the game even launched. The circle is complete.

Balance issues can be aided by NCWest not by giving goodies, but rather allow server transfers from SL-A to IS-A, but denying IS-A to SL-A. Another main issue is actually the Daeva Pass, being per character only forces players not to move, because there's no transfers, and a lot of players already paid for the pass and some can't rubbish their current character just like that. A lot of these underlying issues can be fixed, but what the hell, this is NCWest after all.

Stay skeptical, friends.

5 hours ago, Doomslayer said:

I'm not sure how many europeans are exactly playing on IS (% wise), but i can say for sure that during the evening (european time ~8pm till 11pm) there are alot of NTC/FT/SR/ADMA parties going and the server looks healty. But after 11pm, pretty much all parties and people disappear. Of course at that time it's afternoon in the US and most people are still at work or in school, but it's still crazy how empty it feels.

So it's certain that alot of europeans are playing on IS, at least on the asmo side, and of course they can't participate in any siege (except maybe the lower one on saturday). That means that even if both sides have more or less the same amount of active players, maybe there are more americans playing on the elyos side and therefore they have the numbers advantage.

To be sure, we have to wait until Gameforge figures out how to start a classic server in europe. I'm pretty sure NC will have to merge servers after EU launch, because you will lose a ton of players :/

I said this already but the fact is NCsoft knew what they were doing these tech issues for EU and Russia is I believe the Lic EU and Russia needs to run Aion Classic, I think also NCsoft has done very little towards dealing with these Tech Issues, yet know how many EU players want Aion Classic, I believe there is a reason be hide this and that is while they only open an NA classic server NCsoft gets all the money from it and it does not go to the EU and Russia companies.  I believe there could in fact be more EU players on NA now and this in itself will cause balance issues for sieges, due to the time sieges start in NA for EU players, which really is sad EU want Aion Classic and the only way so far is to play NA but really EU players are only playing part of the game due to siege times, also the ping issues. 

Archived