Forums

NCSoft says that candies is not a problem.

Advanced

NCSoft is allowing all the bad things to happen in the game. Before I begin, when we are speaking about this topic; leave out all the things going on in the black market.

Let's compare to a more popular MMO, RuneScape. The players that are loyal to the game since 2001.

What is equivalent to buying candy in RuneScape? Buying gold from the black market, which is real world trading. Who's idea was to sell gold to players to help them advance? If you have loyal customers the money just flows to you. No reason to try. Players enjoy the game, the more money you make. People don't want to be thrown under the bus. 

-Why is this a bad issue? You save so much time getting all the best gear you want. You don't let natural progression to take place. Time is not an essence when money is involved.

The game becomes a game where you spend money (P2W) get all the items and equipment you need for end game.

Moral of the story is that NCsoft just wants money really fast. They probably owe their developers salaries. The game will become a game like Fall Guys. Remember when Fall Guys came out? It was a thing for 3 months and then it's off of everyone's radars. 

Daeva Pass to give you free stuff for doing something in game. Remove it, it's unnecessary.

Create a loyal fan base before you do anything drastic. Look at what happened to MapleStory. Everyone quit. The only ones that stayed are not the loyal players. It's the players that already blew thousands of dollars to play the game and try to beat everyone.

Old School RuneScape comes out forcing everyone to start fresh. No one complained. The company didn't give them anything to advance their progression quicker. The company made the community decide on future updates. Why don't you let the game progress normally. Let players explore.

I wanted to love Aion classic. NCsoft just makes too many bad decisions. Someone that is leading the financial sector of your company is screwing with your company and the game's legacy. I am the player (the consumer) I want to enjoy the game that I played when I was 8.

You can make money off of micro transactions by releasing cosmetic gear.

I've played Everquest II for 14 years and GW2 for a long time.

In Everquest if you are a member you get loyalty points, with those points you can buy bags of 500 plat each.

You can also buy Kronos in the store, 30 day memberships, and sell them on the broker for millions of plat.

And when there are ingame bonuses only members get them. 

I don't see how the candies are any different.  

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on any of it but EQ's been around for a long time.  

GW2 you can buy gem and trade for gold in the shop 

It's nothing new

44 minutes ago, Dyani-KT said:

I've played Everquest II for 14 years and GW2 for a long time.

In Everquest if you are a member you get loyalty points, with those points you can buy bags of 500 plat each.

You can also buy Kronos in the store, 30 day memberships, and sell them on the broker for millions of plat.

And when there are ingame bonuses only members get them. 

I don't see how the candies are any different.  

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on any of it but EQ's been around for a long time.  

GW2 you can buy gem and trade for gold in the shop 

It's nothing new

I wouldn't compare Aion to GW2, because GW is a horizontal progression game and Aion is vertical progression one. GW2 is about fashion, skinns and inventory/bank space. Those are the only things you can spend your money on. You get level cap in few days and it doesn't increase. Exotic gear costs literally nothing. And the next tier gear is 5% difference. I guess I don't need to tell you how much you can get in aion with getting kinah through micro transactions. 

Also PvP there is gear independent and relies much more heavily on player skill level. You can't win there by throwing your money and getting game currency.

Archived