Why did you del our adds on filter

Wsnow

Why did you del our adds on filter we add to help you and us from getting spammed 24/7 and having to block 24/7 please dont del it each week without updating the list of keywords. You can use the players adds to help you can chat clean of spam please us it NCsoft. 

21 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

Why did you del our adds on filter we add to help you and us from getting spammed 24/7 and having to block 24/7 please dont del it each week without updating the list of keywords. You can use the players adds to help you can chat clean of spam please us it NCsoft. 

Everyone should take a backup of that file because our personal additions are better than what the GMs will add if they bother to do so.

2 minutes ago, Loadrng said:

The thing is even if you have a backup and replace it, it no longer works as of today! I'm getting spams that are in the filter.

Check: https://github.com/loadrng/aion-classic-mods

Hello no, I didn't log on classic yet after maintenance, so if this is true then lets hope it was a mistake on their behalf.

That filter made LFG readable again. I even removed the WTB and WTS comments as well and it was such a nice channel all of a sudden.

Logged in this evening. LFG full of spam. Assumed the filter just needed updating.  Then I find this.

So NCSoft deliberately patched the client to remove third party chat filters?  I can't even begin to imagine why they would think that was a good idea. It's just ... W T F ??

If you'd played Aion when classic was retail, you know that every maintenance something gets screwed up.  I was a little mad seeing spam after I added stuff to the filter.  But then remembered we had days of maintenance bugs then bugs after that. 

I'm back to blocking.

6 minutes ago, Chump-DN said:

If you'd played Aion when classic was retail, you know that every maintenance something gets screwed up.

I did and I don't, but that is academic.

This seems specifically targeted at the chat filter, which is odd.

29 minutes ago, Sfar-KT said:

Logged in this evening. LFG full of spam. Assumed the filter just needed updating.  Then I find this.

So NCSoft deliberately patched the client to remove third party chat filters?  I can't even begin to imagine why they would think that was a good idea. It's just ... W T F ??

omg I wondered why when i updated it it did not god damm work I mean wtf. 

On 7/16/2021 at 4:07 AM, 2s184EE1 said:

Seems like blatant cooperation with kinah sellers does it not? Anyone think NCsoft is getting kickbacks to delete filters and nyerk things up?

They didn't even show anyone how to use the filters. 

Well they now changed the way the filter is being used, you have to edit the .bat file according to your liking, zip it (not rar) and then rename the extension from .zip to .dat and apparently it works.

Another thing they forgot to mention, but I think they also don't know how it actually works. So they better  read the forums to learn.

12 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Well they now changed the way the filter is being used, you have to edit the .bat file according to your liking, zip it (not rar) and then rename the extension from .zip to .dat and apparently it works.

Another thing they forgot to mention, but I think they also don't know how it actually works. So they better  read the forums to learn.

This advice is incorrect and wont work.

Please read this thread on how to do it

On 7/18/2021 at 11:15 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

12 hours ago, Alvie said:

This advice is incorrect and wont work.

Please read this thread on how to do it

instead of ".dat" it has to be renamed to .pak, I wrote it wrongly here

Archived