[Server Merge] Announcement w/ more details to follow

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas,

Over the past several weeks, we have seen many players discuss & request a server merge between Danaria and Katalam. We agree with this sentiment, and have decided to move forward with a server merge which would merge Danaria into Katalam sometime in late July or early August.

This decision was made quite recently, and so we are informing you prior to all the details being determined. However, as we get closer to the merge date, we will release full details, scheduling, and an FAQ for the merge to answer any questions you may have.

We hope this is welcome news for many of you, and as always we appreciate your continuous support and feedback.

Thank you!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not happy about this news tho, for several reasons. One of the big ones is the name-grabs. Another big issue is the already overwhelming elyos population on KT. Look what happened when cross-server was added... Elyos get 100% of the Danaria bosses. Here comes another can of worms.

can-of-worms-cartoon-character-vector-id

Hey great yeah so can we get that ultimate transformation event. Some of us spent 42 hours a week and basically 170 hours for a month to just farm flowers to have ultimate transforms to combine for event can you please just give us an ultimate event.

Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? Can you please give us ultimate event? 

This sounds like a terrible idea... 

You guys have a history of forcing players to choose only 1 faction to stick to when prior merges happened. Essentially forcing us to delete the faction we don't intend to play or we can't even play the game. There's no way I'm going to delete my original Asmos that I had since launch just because my priorities shifted to Elyos. 

On top of that, you'll once again murder the housing market z.z 

Lets not even talk about the issue with character names cause we all know that's an issue for a lot of people.

No, I think this is just a plain ol' terrible idea to even consider a merge. As it stands, everything is already on the Battleground server. There's little point to even doing a merge with that in mind. Even the future patches have everything on the Battleground Server. 

Whelp...this is a big red flag for the death of Aion Retail....   we tried telling you guys you were running the game into the ground, but you kept ignoring us... GG it's been a mostly fun decade....at least we still got Classic

2 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Whelp...this is a big red flag for the death of Aion Retail....   we tried telling you guys you were running the game into the ground, but you kept ignoring us... GG it's been a mostly fun decade....at least we still got Classic

Which is also heading to a merge XD

BTW merge is a great idea but should have happened long time ago. Was exhausting to have to log a different account to lfg ppl in DN. BUT you guys need to answer the questions and I hope you will

6 minutes ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

The foreseeable future, it seems to be pretty robust with the exception of the IS balance debates. But all my pretty stuff and accomplishments are on retail so I'm still a bit ;-;

50% drop in population though . Still way more alive than retail

Names and housing are the first things that come to mind.  Im using a lot of the same names on both servers.  And the last time a merge happened I got back 400m for my mansion but had to spend 1.2B to buy a different one.  Perhaps instead of taking away most of whats left in retail we get some content.   At this point losing housing and names is really going to be a coffin nail for a lot of players.

I still really love this game.  I truly wish there was some way to get through to the team.. we want skins.  We want content.  Looking at a lot of the reasons classic is so popular..  the adventures.  Testing your skills and learning!  A sense of teamwork and faction.

If the team doesnt know how to address whats happening in retail, again I suggest they PLAY THE GAME and connect with the community for real.  Even these forums feel like deaf ears a lot of time.

10 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

I'm honestly surprised they didn't open transfers now and give this announcement later. Milking Team losing their touch.

Finance team is working overtime to process the gains from classic. They must have missed that ! What a waste of an opportunity.

10 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

Perhaps instead of taking away most of whats left in retail we get some content.   At this point losing housing and names is really going to be a coffin nail for a lot of players.

Wait what ? You mean the 200 players that are online (including bots) ?

WOW ... i always thought aion would go down in a couple of years, but i guess it will be faster. @Kibbelz i thought you guys were at least trying to keep the game at live, or try to understand what we want. 

There would have been posibilities like: getting the next patches and stuff

But i guess without rly knowing the players or even play the games you wouldnt understand that. At some point i have to suggest that you guys should reevaluate what exactly the companies intend is! Right know its going to die. Maybe make the the retail game P2P ... so you guys can get even more money from the last few players.

At least you guys help ppl to have a job:

1 minute ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

You may been right about the low players population on retail , but theres no longuer any bot now x D

Bots are farming their luna bundle everyday. They are the only consistent thing in this game (besides the Aion Team lack of knowledge about the game).

48 minutes ago, Aelar-DN said:

So I'll have to delete my KT asmo which I've spent real money on? How is that fair?

Faction conflicts were allowed during a previous merge for awhile. The setting exists, and will likely be enabled.

Archived