Forums

[Server Merge] Announcement w/ more details to follow

Honestly, I’m surprised at many people ‘s feedback on this topic - namely when they state that DN and KT merge is the final nail. It makes totally no sense, because the merge will revive the game for many of us and WAS ASKED FOR BY MANY PLAYERS. So, first you ask for it and when they make it, you post negative garbage and say it’s the final nail. Merge is the consequence of shrinking game population, but not the reason. You are clearly missing some cause/effect relationship logic.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good thing the server doesn't actually belong to selfish children like yourself. It won't be going the way you want it to. Suck it up, it's a low population game now and you don't speak for all o

for how long?

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

Whelp...this is a big red flag for the death of Aion Retail....   we tried telling you guys you were running the game into the ground, but you kept ignoring us... GG it's been a mostly fun decade....at least we still got Classic

Israphel population can't get past 9% these days outside siege times lel
The server is already facing a big flop

Also Siel is in a little better scenario but still not what NCsoft tought the servers would be. 2-3k players for servers who got 20k+ queue in the first 3 days is kinda meh

47 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Honestly, I’m surprised at many people ‘s feedback on this topic - namely when they state that DN and KT merge is the final nail. It makes totally no sense, because the merge will revive the game for many of us and WAS ASKED FOR BY MANY PLAYERS. So, first you ask for it and when they make it, you post negative garbage and say it’s the final nail. Merge is the consequence of shrinking game population, but not the reason. You are clearly missing some cause/effect relationship logic.

Have you been through a merge?  There is little to no guarantee to keep a name that you have used for 5 years, 3 or 8 years when they killed Beritra, etc.   Some of us have been there and done that.  Players have been asking for merges since transfers were cut off.   Now they are amputating the whole foot when the gangrene only consumed a few toes before.  A lot of people who have been asking for merges because their transfers were killed have already moved on.  This is another example of too little too late.  As an active player most of us have already been doing content on cross server maps and pve instances via the cross server function.   The ones still here have been finding ways to make do with what we have while still trying to make it better.  The only thing we cant do on 2 servers atm is que together for pvp except evergale- if you can get 24 in the first place.

So no, Im not missing the cause and effect.  I have lost MANY daevas very dear to me over the years.  The forums are literally brimming with people begging for changes over the years.  If this had happened a year or 2 ago you would see many more people welcoming it.. but they are gone.  Mostly back to classic, but even that is already losing players.  

Do you not remember that big post @kibblez tired to make 2 summers ago?  In 2 years a lot of that hasnt happened.  Broker bots are still going to be a problem on one server.  So is RNG.  Transformation imbalances.  Lacking siege content.  One server will NOT fix the issues that retail is facing.  Its simply consolidating whos left

@Kibbelz I'm going to be super cheesed if I loose character names I've had for almost 10 years just because someone from KT decided they liked my name about a week ago... Name priority must go to seniority.

Edited by Gallium-DN
31 minutes ago, Gallium-DN said:

@Kibbelz I'm going to be super cheesed if I loose character names I've had for almost 10 years just because someone from KT decided they liked my name about a week ago... Name priority must go to seniority.

I lost my elys name years ago to someone who doesnt play and that toon still got priority over my toon from beta. So please understand my frustration

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I only said that because the next step would be to turn off the server , but if you look at the other side of the coin, how long will they be able to keep the few people left if they continue to keep the things as they are now? 

Don't get me wrong I love this game too and I hope it doesn't get to that point , all I ask is that they need to listen more to their players instead of ignoring them for weeks , and making more changes that can keep the Game more friendly for their remainings players and maybe for returning ones too.

For those of you worried about the faction conflict — having Asmos and Elyos on the same account — do not worry.

I have had Elyos and Asmos on the same server for years; you will get a prompt saying you cannot create any more characters until one is deleted. You don't have to unless you want to create more. You can still play with your Elyos and Asmodians.

Unless NCSoft changes this, of course. Which is unlikely.

VLu7irX.png

Edited by Forthyn - Asmodaes Pea-k

I assume these things will happen:

• People that are from Danaria and have a unique name that doesn't already exist in KT, should be able to somehow keep it without a rename and a ticket
  • People that got houses and will obviously lose them should get compensation on the amount of money they spent to buy them at least
  • Prior to the merge, Danaria people will most likely get an exclusive event so they won't feel ripped. I think something similar happened in EK server when it got merged
  • Turn "shared maps" into normal maps, there is nothing to share anymore lol!
  • Once you make the merge you have to think of a way for Retail not to die. Events are a short term way to keep people logging. But we need permanent solutions. I know you cannot edit the game as you please, BUT you can defo make some permanent events, like permanent event for housing which will make housing relevant again, permanent event for gathering (and if possible bring a professions event), permanent event for skins etc. Classic is more alive because of all the things that makes it a role playing game that retail lacks.
  • Make Retail an MMO-RPG again, we are not massively multiplayer game since we are very few and we are defo not role playing since the destruction of the game in 6.0 since we lack everything fun about Aion.

The merge is welcome.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

I agree with making the cross server maps normal.  They should also be available every day.  Eliminate the hourglass. And bring back the abyss!  Aions problem was never too many maps. It was how we were allowed to use them.

And yes, please bring back some content.  Some story.  Not just a pointless event.  One thing classic has that aion doesnt is stories during the quests.   That lepharist scum stole your moms necklace?!  Heck yeah I will get it back!  Wait here squishy NPC

11 minutes ago, ITisNOTme said:

People who crying about their names are so ridiculous. Why do u think anyone needs your ugly names?  

Well i know some people who have the same names on Both servers , and some people got stolen their names when they did a Merge Before

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

• Prior to the merge, Danaria people will most likely get an exclusive event so they won't feel ripped. I think something similar happened in EK server when it got merged

dafaq is wrong with you, lemme guess you play kt and dun wanna lose ur name huh. hopefully this bullshit doesn't happen, that free survey was garbage rather keep my names i had for years than get some crappy 5 enchantment stones they will send out., if they merge they should do it normal full merge like before with tm/is/kr and bt/sl.

besides that merge is dumb rn, instead of that maybe fkin release 7.9 part 2? if you guys didnt split that already small patch into multiple pieces people would have played the game to try to get free ultimate from 7.9 part 2. it needs 6 months to get the ulti xform for free yet you guys delayed that patch to milk people more. and we still dont have promo event or any decent event in months now. instead you gave us more afk bs, autohunt bs and the cashshop only bs. hell the fame exp event was just basicly saying "you dont have to log in to the game for few weeks guys". and the latest one you get some shitty 1 icecube that fails before it reaches to 3 its not even ingame obtainable you just log in press bcm get free 1 item fail and log out. nice event nc.

also there are people with accounts that have both kt-a dn-e or kt-e dn-a toons , what are you gonna do make them delete it? or you gonna move those toons to different account? yes i know about being able to still play both sides by pressing accept button when it tells you to delete, but that only works for little while, on EU server for example after around 3 months it forced me to delete one of the factions toons.

housing will prob be least bothersome part, they should just do same as last time and mail people back what they payed for their houses+ fee. and fyi if you still haven't noticed biggest killer of your shitty game is ur excessive milking, look at IS on classic its already down to what retail was last year  and back then game was already considered dead by many. and after 2 more weeks people that preordered the first 30 days and are only playing cuz they paid for it will leave too. grats on another flop

1 hour ago, Google said:

dafaq is wrong with you, lemme guess you play kt and dun wanna lose ur name huh. hopefully this bullshit doesn't happen, that free survey was garbage rather keep my names i had for years than get some crappy 5 enchantment stones they will send out., if they merge they should do it normal full merge like before with tm/is/kr and bt/sl.

besides that merge is dumb rn, instead of that maybe fkin release 7.9 part 2? if you guys didnt split that already small patch into multiple pieces people would have played the game to try to get free ultimate from 7.9 part 2. it needs 6 months to get the ulti xform for free yet you guys delayed that patch to milk people more. and we still dont have promo event or any decent event in months now. instead you gave us more afk bs, autohunt bs and the cashshop only bs. hell the fame exp event was just basicly saying "you dont have to log in to the game for few weeks guys". and the latest one you get some shitty 1 icecube that fails before it reaches to 3 its not even ingame obtainable you just log in press bcm get free 1 item fail and log out. nice event nc.

also there are people with accounts that have both kt-a dn-e or kt-e dn-a toons , what are you gonna do make them delete it? or you gonna move those toons to different account? yes i know about being able to still play both sides by pressing accept button when it tells you to delete, but that only works for little while, on EU server for example after around 3 months it forced me to delete one of the factions toons.

housing will prob be least bothersome part, they should just do same as last time and mail people back what they payed for their houses+ fee. and fyi if you still haven't noticed biggest killer of your shitty game is ur excessive milking, look at IS on classic its already down to what retail was last year  and back then game was already considered dead by many. and after 2 more weeks people that preordered the first 30 days and are only playing cuz they paid for it will leave too. grats on another flop

...go fix your personal issues before you comment.

6 hours ago, Movement-KT said:

WHY CANT YOU JUST MAKE A PORTAL THAT SENDS YOU TO DANARIA OR SENDS YOU TO KATALAM THEREFORE YOU DONT NEED TO MERGE AND INSTEAD YOURE ABLE TO JUST SERVER HOP 

No, they are not doing the merge to make the DN players' gaming any better or more enjoyable., they want to shut down the physical DN server because it is not viable to keep it running with 10 active people.

10 minutes ago, Google said:

ffdc6bG.png TonbezY.jpeg

Is that somehow smart? You have 4 posts, 2 of them are offensive and wrong and the other 2 are you trying to be witty and still wrong. These forums are here for many years. That whole essay you wrote up there is 101% bs. None of what you wrote is correct and you are trying to appear on top.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
10 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

No, they are not doing the merge to make the DN players' gaming any better or more enjoyable., they want to shut down the physical DN server because it is not viable to keep it running with 10 active people.

Is that somehow smart? You have 4 posts, 2 of them are offensive and wrong and the other 2 are you trying to be witty and still wrong. These forums are here for many years. That whole essay you wrote up there is 101% bs. None of what you wrote is correct and you are trying to appear on top.

which part would have been bullshit lmao neither you or i know what kibblez meant by merge into until he specifically clears it up, housing thing was what happened last time, event part is what everyone has been complaining about, or atleast everyone thats decent player, same with patch. only thing i see bs is your post history and post count. seems like you live on this forums bruh. and ofc my  english is not the best its my 3rd language how many do you speak?

Just now, Google said:

which part would have been bullshit lmao neither you or i know what kibblez meant by merge into until he specifically clears it up, housing thing was what happened last time, event part is what everyone has been complaining about, or atleast everyone thats decent player, same with patch. only thing i see bs is your post history and post count. seems like you live on this forums bruh. and ofc my  english is not the best its my 3rd language how many do you speak?

No, right now me trying to explain to you the basic thing that Kibbelz posted awarded me +10 posts, just by trying to explain to you the basic sh1t, imagine if we had 2~3 more people like you, it is not hard to get a few thousands of posts in short period of time when you don't get it.

Most of my posts are also helping others whenever I can.

You are not bringing me down with a fake new account trying to rubbish talk to me, you sound again very similar to another person I know very well that spoke like you. I do not care about your post, nor your feelings about the merge. It is happening because the community requested it for so long and also because the servers are indeed no viable anymore.

Your input is invalid.

19 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

No, right now me trying to explain to you the basic thing that Kibbelz posted awarded me +10 posts, just by trying to explain to you the basic sh1t, imagine if we had 2~3 more people like you, it is not hard to get a few thousands of posts in short period of time when you don't get it.

Most of my posts are also helping others whenever I can.

You are not bringing me down with a fake new account trying to rubbish talk to me, you sound again very similar to another person I know very well that spoke like you. I do not care about your post, nor your feelings about the merge. It is happening because the community requested it for so long and also because the servers are indeed no viable anymore.

Your input is invalid.

5 people that posted on forums = "community requested it" nice joke, even those 5 people wouldnt have requested it if they knew nc would do bullshit like screwing people over on names, people i play with sure as hell dun like merge  way its being assumed to be done. and its assummed neither you nor i know it till kibblez explains it.  you are not working for nc you might be right but you might be wrong until kibblez clearly states how names will work its neither.
noone is tryin to bring you down , and its not a fake acc its an alt acc i use for events.  you clearly dont know me as i dont post on this garbage forums unless something directly affects me. 
"your input is invalid" . thats not up for you to decide that depends on kibblez after/if he even reads this posts. only part that was directed to you was first part rest was to kibblez so stfu. anyways i dont have time to keep replying to your dumbass dont have 24hours per day free to sit on forums like you.  acting like scuffed discord mod. bye

6 hours ago, Amarah-KT said:

Have you been through a merge?  There is little to no guarantee to keep a name that you have used for 5 years, 3 or 8 years when they killed Beritra, etc.   Some of us have been there and done that.  Players have been asking for merges since transfers were cut off.   Now they are amputating the whole foot when the gangrene only consumed a few toes before.  A lot of people who have been asking for merges because their transfers were killed have already moved on.  This is another example of too little too late.  As an active player most of us have already been doing content on cross server maps and pve instances via the cross server function.   The ones still here have been finding ways to make do with what we have while still trying to make it better.  The only thing we cant do on 2 servers atm is que together for pvp except evergale- if you can get 24 in the first place.

So no, Im not missing the cause and effect.  I have lost MANY daevas very dear to me over the years.  The forums are literally brimming with people begging for changes over the years.  If this had happened a year or 2 ago you would see many more people welcoming it.. but they are gone.  Mostly back to classic, but even that is already losing players.  

Do you not remember that big post @kibblez tired to make 2 summers ago?  In 2 years a lot of that hasnt happened.  Broker bots are still going to be a problem on one server.  So is RNG.  Transformation imbalances.  Lacking siege content.  One server will NOT fix the issues that retail is facing.  Its simply consolidating whos left

I created my char on Siel server and yes, I have been through a merge. You should not worry so much about loosing your name because if this happens, you just submit a ticket to support, I know many people who had this issue and support helped them recover their names back.

Merge will not fix all retail issues, but it will revive the economy and gameplay, so you are a bit overreacting in seeing it too negative, while it’s a positive change. But yes, it comes as a consequence of massive player exodus, so it’s not something to be really happy about. It’s like an amputation which is aimed to help a dying person survive.

46 minutes ago, Google said:

5 people that posted on forums = "community requested it" nice joke, even those 5 people wouldnt have requested it if they knew nc would do bullshit like screwing people over on names, people i play with sure as hell dun like merge  way its being assumed to be done. and its assummed neither you nor i know it till kibblez explains it.  you are not working for nc you might be right but you might be wrong until kibblez clearly states how names will work its neither.
noone is tryin to bring you down , and its not a fake acc its an alt acc i use for events.  you clearly dont know me as i dont post on this garbage forums unless something directly affects me. 
"your input is invalid" . thats not up for you to decide that depends on kibblez after/if he even reads this posts. only part that was directed to you was first part rest was to kibblez so stfu. anyways i dont have time to keep replying to your dumbass dont have 24hours per day free to sit on forums like you.  acting like scuffed discord mod. bye

Who are you at all and what is your in game nickname ? Lol