[Server Merge] Announcement w/ more details to follow

Arctic

During the 5.X merge, 3 out of my then 8 toons had their names taken before I could reclaim them. Bear in mind that I barely played those 3 toons, I was still able to get all 3 names back (Teemo, Nidalee & British) after submitting a ticket to support. They did say to us beforehand that if you had a particular name for a substantial period of time but it was taken within a set window after the merge, we could submit a ticket to get our names back. I had no issues. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought a lot about the merging of the last 2 servers on retail and here's my 2 cents:

1. Why are you considering doing it so early after classic just came out?
          It hasn't even been a month and most players have not even hit 50 yet, and we all know most players from retail rerolled on classic, so depending on how fast you plan on pumping out new content players probably will start to swap back n forth between classic n Retail as they hit 50 and have limited things to do.

2. Merging these servers is going to create so much chaos.....
          There are so many players that did server transfers to avoid the drama of certain players on certain servers, by forcing them all into one server again you are creating a powder keg that will explode quickly.

You're going to screw up the housing market and cost some of us our homes that we have kept for years in game...and those that hold Palaces I guarantee are going to be pissed off.

These are 2 extemely different economies. If you compare the 2 servers' prices for things you can clearly see this, by smashing them together, you'll send both markets into utter chaos and it'll take probably a few weeks to sort itself out.

3. Why haven't you tried doing any form of promotional events to pull people back to Retail, especially while you have such a larger audience then usual with Classic being out? 

Seriously, I'd love to meet your guys's marketing department so I shake my head at them one at a time. You guys miss out on so many golden opportunities that are marketing 101 technics that it's just a joke at this time to the community. There are endless tie in events/promo things you could of done to draw some players looking at Classic to retail, or create incentives to make players play both at the same time! Instead you just released another heavy P2W event on retail which just upset the community even more....I mean seriously did you guys loose that list of complaints we spent a month compiling and putting in order on what players think was wrong with the game? Remember that? Yeah...would of been nice if you guys actually read and executed more then 1 or 2 actions from that....just saying.... 

4. Let's be real, is this about the AWS cost?
       Is NCsoft just pinching pennies and trying to save money? 

5. If you are merging the servers, can we get Luna drops back from the Luna instances?

No one...I repeat. NO ONE, likes doing the lugbug daily on 100 toons a day for luna mats. It destroyed the one somewhat doable way of farming livable Kinah wages in game and you took that away. That's what got me to stop playing and a lot of other players. 

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

Seriously, I'd love to meet your guys's marketing department so I shake my head at them one at a time

They probably only hire if the person fails every logic test and have no desire to learn about the game and how it works.

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

No one...I repeat. NO ONE, likes doing the lugbug daily on 100 toons a day for luna mats.

True, mostly I only see bots doing it. When I need luna I do in one or two chars max.

*Avoids needing luna* *Pretends it doesn't exist in the first place*

What is wrong with you people ?

Lets list facts

Server traffic is down yeh cool we know about that.

Each server has 100 active players (probably  much less)

AION is meant to be MMO aka Massively multiplayer online game

Merge is required to achieve the highest number possible so it is sensible I am sure technicalities will be sorted . Servers should have been merged ages ago. Servers meant to hold more than 4k people form what we can see in classic and retail havent had more than 1k people for quite a while

29 minutes ago, Jagblade-DN said:

One more foot in the grave for retail. Just waiting for someone to start shoveling in the dirt at this point.

Thank you for your contribution. You have now become a honorary member of the Retail is Dead exclusive club.

Oh and btw nc west has no will of their own if KR renames a server they will rename a NA server for the sake of it .

13 hours ago, Hinotori-DN said:

@KibbelzNot sure you guys are aware that item collections are not shared between servers (unlike xforms/xform collections which are shared), so how do you plan to handle it during merge?

Whatever you already have will be transferred obviously. This is not a single character transfer, it is a whole account being transferred to the other server.

5 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Whatever you already have will be transferred obviously. This is not a single character transfer, it is a whole account being transferred to the other server.

I kinda understand the point of Hinotori
Your status collection are applied to Danaria - Asmodian (in our case) so moving to KT-A will propably not override the item collection we have (or not) in other servers.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:56 AM, Kubei-DN said:

So what's the name gonna be for the new server? I say call it "Fregion" because Aion is defeated, and it's the only Dragon Lord we'll never reach, ever.

its a merge, so probably Danaria  will be moving to Katalam, and thats it

they're too lazy to rename the server

55 minutes ago, Lapis-DN said:

I kinda understand the point of Hinotori
Your status collection are applied to Danaria - Asmodian (in our case) so moving to KT-A will propably not override the item collection we have (or not) in other servers.

its a merge, so probably Danaria  will be moving to Katalam, and thats it

they're too lazy to rename the server

Yes, if he has collections in both servers they should somehow be merged into one. Double registries will not matter obviously.

My poor Asmo on Danaria. You guys are making me put him down? (He ant  Lassie and I'm not Timmy) All joking aside what about people with toons on both factions. I never put much work on my Asmo, so for me it's not a big deal, but what about the people who did? And yeah this is Aion, what about the people who spent alot of money into toons on both factions? 

29 minutes ago, KampfervonHimmel-KT said:

My poor Asmo on Danaria. You guys are making me put him down? (He ant  Lassie and I'm not Timmy) All joking aside what about people with toons on both factions. I never put much work on my Asmo, so for me it's not a big deal, but what about the people who did? And yeah this is Aion, what about the people who spent alot of money into toons on both factions? 

Maybe those people will get an extra privilege to play both faction on the same Server , or most better letting everyone to play both faction too in that server so will be more fair for everyone, anyways that never prevented before from people making Spies Alts or something like that.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas,

Over the past several weeks, we have seen many players discuss & request a server merge between Danaria and Katalam. We agree with this sentiment, and have decided to move forward with a server merge which would merge Danaria into Katalam sometime in late July or early August.

This decision was made quite recently, and so we are informing you prior to all the details being determined. However, as we get closer to the merge date, we will release full details, scheduling, and an FAQ for the merge to answer any questions you may have.

We hope this is welcome news for many of you, and as always we appreciate your continuous support and feedback.

Thank you!

Hello. I want to make sure I am reading this correctly when you say that Danaria is merging into Katalam. Does this mean that only the people on Danaria will be affected by name changes and housing loss? Many people care about their names. Many people care about their housing locations. I am in complete agreement that the servers need a merge. The current player base is too small to play the game as it was intended. However, in fairness, upon the merge I would like to suggest that you make a clean sweep of the housing market and require everyone to rebid on housing locations. 

If you are going to ruin KT just because DN is dead, simply shut that server down and don't transfer anyone. If you make a general merge and ruin KT players too, we do not want a merge.

For every house a DN will claim, a KT will lose. For every name dispute, someone will have to cry.

We the KT players don't want another mess. Rename every DN person as NameDN and they should be happy to get a free boat ride to KT.

40 minutes ago, Titanas-KT said:

If you are going to ruin KT just because DN is dead, simply shut that server down and don't transfer anyone. If you make a general merge and ruin KT players too, we do not want a merge.

For every house a DN will claim, a KT will lose. For every name dispute, someone will have to cry.

We the KT players don't want another mess. Rename every DN person as NameDN and they should be happy to get a free boat ride to KT.

Good thing the server doesn't actually belong to selfish children like yourself.

It won't be going the way you want it to. Suck it up, it's a low population game now and you don't speak for all of KT.

since this was furthest i got via ticket ill post what i said in other post here aswell in a more simple and easy to understand way.
d8NikOC.png
1. make names on both server reset, as servers are same age and they are both og servers not like ereshkigal where it was just few months old. trying to take new name on other server is impossible as most are taken by bots or inactive accounts.(i have tried 100's of alternative names theres not 1 decent name available even if i did choose a new one).

2. there wont be many if any name disputes this way as if your name gets stolen you can submit ticket and get it back, there are as far as i know no same name people running around on kt and dn. unless you are trying to purposely steal someone elses name  that is active, this shouldn't be an issue and even then it should be decided by who owned the name longest and via playtime/rank/lvl.

3.noone on dn wants a merge if it means losing their names, asked lfg on it multiple times every time only answers we saw was a no, hell most were even against the whole idea itself as katalam is more cancerous as there are way more hackers and bots on that server. 3-4 people that posted on forums don't represent Danaria player base, most players don't even look at forums besides the maintenance note. send out a survey you will see 99% wont like merge if they lose their name and prob 90% wouldn't want merge altogether.

4. people saying Danaria is empty and Katalam isn't is simply wrong, difference between servers is at most 100 players, and if you exclude amount of bots on Katalam its even less, source myaion(dot)eu  i have also attached screenshots of Elyos faction during the siege which is somewhat representative of real player numbers, and difference between kt and dn for elyos faction was around 30. probably same on asmo side.
yyrOhuP.jpg0eMKnRn.jpg
5.katalam players are saying they shouldnt lose names because of danaria are simply being silly. you will not lose your name noone active has your name on danaria, and even if theres 1 case of it aslong as you have played long enough you should be able to claim it back like in past merges. not giving danaria players a choice will make merge worthless as noone would still play after losing their identity that still attached them to the game.

6.noone wants 5 enchnatment stone compensation that they would offer for us losing the name, even if they gave  extreme gear sets to us or ulti xforms, that thing is only temporary most people have those already and they will be useless in few patches, while names are not.

@Kibbelz please read before the details on the merge are finalized. tickets don't work, you are the only hope that a human staff of ncsoft gets to see our request. prevent the giant mistake you are stepping towards. make things fair and give everyone fair chance to keep their identitys.
thanks sincerely few that are still part of danaria's playerbase.

7 hours ago, Cute-DN said:

send out a survey you will see 99% wont like merge if they lose their name and prob 90% wouldn't want merge altogether.

I understand your feelings about loosing your name and housing, however, what you are saying is wrong. It’s mostly DN people who would want the merge. I never saw a person inside the game, who would oppose the merge in general.

Nothing personal, but I never seen you in game, and when I check myaion record, I find a char named Cute-DN of elyos faction with both empty pve and pvp record. If this is you indeed, it looks like you don’t even play this game at all, so I don’t get why you so worried about the merge.

15 hours ago, Khonsu-DN said:

Good thing the server doesn't actually belong to selfish children like yourself.

It won't be going the way you want it to. Suck it up, it's a low population game now and you don't speak for all of KT.

Good thing the server doesn't belong to DN people who are asking for KT server to be fkd because their server is empty and needs to be shut down. You are the ones who came here asking for OUR names to be reset. You are not advocating for your server or your gaming experience, you came here talking about my server as if we need to merge with you.

Good thing Aion will eventually die, and all this back and forth rubbish talking will be for nothing

Merges are NEVER fair. Suck it up. Nobody cares what server has more people. It could easily be the other way around.

Not to mention KT bots were responsible for the end of daily luna, and nobody here was blaming you guys.

Maybe they should merge KT into DN, since DN was never bugged (more like abused) in the first place, and bring luna back. (I know they never will).

Anyway, they should AT LEAST reset the name of everyone who doesn't play anymore, and IF these people care enough to log in before the merge AND are lvl 80 they get to keep their names.  

46 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Good thing Aion will eventually die, and all this back and forth rubbish talking will be for nothing

Merges are NEVER fair. Suck it up. Nobody cares what server has more people. It could easily be the other way around.

Not to mention KT bots were responsible for the end of daily luna, and nobody here was blaming you guys.

Maybe they should merge KT into DN, since DN was never bugged (more like abused) in the first place, and bring luna back. (I know they never will).

Anyway, they should AT LEAST reset the name of everyone who doesn't play anymore, and IF these people care enough to log in before the merge AND are lvl 80 they get to keep their names.  

Good thing we kept bugging and lost days without entries while you cashed double entries on our own bugged server. You loved that era so much you hated the fact they fixed it with luna.

You also had luna bots but not as many due to server population.

2 minutes ago, Titanas-KT said:

Good thing we kept bugging and lost days without entries while you cashed double entries on our own bugged server. You loved that era so much you hated the fact they fixed it with luna.

You also had luna bots but not as many due to server population.

Well, KT players fcked their server over and over, and the very same people still use bots to make luna bundles now (minus the ones who moved to classic to use bots there).

It was indeed a good era, where the ones who messed it up got what they deserved (sorry if anyone reading this was a legit player that got in the cross fire).

Free entries was fun :)) ty so much... oh wait, it was caused by excessive abuse from players and everyone else had to pay for it.

How hypocrite of some people who help kill the game with their actions are, to come here and ask for ncwest to stop making changes that will kill the game... HAHAHA b1tches, pls.

6 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Well, KT players fcked their server over and over, and the very same people still use bots to make luna bundles now (minus the ones who moved to classic to use bots there).

It was indeed a good era, where the ones who messed it up got what they deserved (sorry if anyone reading this was a legit player that got in the cross fire).

Free entries was fun :)) ty so much... oh wait, it was caused by excessive abuse from players and everyone else had to pay for it.

How hypocrite of some people who help kill the game with their actions are, to come here and ask for ncwest to stop making changes that will kill the game... HAHAHA b1tches, pls.

Yeah time for you to lose your names then, if you do not like it do not merge into our servers. They can shut it down with your chars in there. We won't miss you.

DN server constantly asked things against KT players as if we owe you anything.

4 minutes ago, Titanas-KT said:

Yeah time for you to lose your names then, if you do not like it do not merge into our servers. They can shut it down with your chars in there. We won't miss you.

I honestly don't give a fck about my char's name. it's only sad for the people who have their names for literally over a decade to lose it because a bad merge.

Oh well, it's aion. if we didn't like to be disappointed, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

3 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

I agree, I think everyone who is level 79 and less should get name reset as well as everyone who hasn’t logged in since long (the both categories will most likely coincide).

2 hours ago, Titanas-KT said:

Time for you to realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and nobody gives a crap what you want. Entitled much? You don't like it? Quit!! We won't miss you. Stop making demands...nobody owes you anything!

Archived