[Server Merge] Announcement w/ more details to follow

Arctic

I would probably be mad if someone was claiming my name after i have used it for over a decade so I get it.

However how about stop asking for another server to get rekt because you are getting rekt ?

How about we collaborate and try to give feedback to NC (not that they will listen but it worth a shot) ?

Oh and btw forums is meant for discussion of topics coming up with random statistics, generalising responses and trying to represent everyone else is not going to work.

Merge is a good thing if it is done under the right terms.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ulti-DN said:

Time for you to realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and nobody gives a crap what you want. Entitled much? You don't like it? Quit!! We won't miss you. Stop making demands...nobody owes you anything!

That guy says “we” like if he spoke for KT server. Meanwhile I have no clue who it is lol

Don’t submit to such cheap provocations

On 7/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, 1s2B6221 said:

Faction conflicts were allowed during a previous merge for awhile. The setting exists, and will likely be enabled.

That's always the tricky bit. All my toons on DN and KT are Elyos so no big deal. Playing Classic mostly atm.

It feels to me like the people being most negative about the server merge are people who seemed to have never been through a merge before? lol From last merges, names were reset, houses were reset...I would imagine it will be the same this time too. For me I never played on KT I don't really know people there but I think a merge is a good thing for people still wanting to run content. The name and house problem will sort itself out, it did before. Think of all the inactive people holding mansion or estates...Let some active people have a chance? 

35 minutes ago, Sabs-DN said:

Think of all the inactive people holding mansion or estates...Let some active people have a chance? 

Exactly. Tbh I still have a mansion, and I haven't played retail in 4 months. It would be better for my mansion to be taken away so that someone who is actively playing can use it. Will it suck losing my mansion? Yes, of course, but I'm not using it since I'm not playing.

Welcome all DN asmos, look forward to having new blood in our little fam :D Willing to work with whatever keeps at least one server alive.😅 Elyos can get rekt (kdding..I am sure you are nice people that will kill the crap out me)

Honestly what concerns me lately is talk of Aion retail NA shutting down completely, my account is a collection of various skins and items over the past 10 years that I would be slightly devastated to loose.  Classic is awesome in many ways, but also pretty boring.  After returning once again this year and grinding to catch up I really just don't feel like doing it all over again in classic.  😪  It's also pretty p2w on top of a sub and $30 USD battle pass (I am guilty of purchasing all of these, just to realize I don't feel like buying arrows or miss running FT).  I am not here to complain about the mistakes made with the classic launch anyways, these are just my personal reasons for not happily abandoning retail.  

I feel like if it closes for good they will just drop it on us without much warning.  People have been saying the game was dead and in trouble for a long time, but now I am actually concerned and honestly just needed to express my feelings.  LOL

Aion Classic is several orders of magnitude more popular than Aion 7.9 is in NA.

It remains to be seen if that is sustained after the initial 90 day subscription runs out and people have to renew. You might see some people come back to 7.9

I for one, prefer Classic because it doesn't have all the junk they added like bracelets, plumes, gems, Deava skills, having to +15 everything etc. I could go on an on with the junk added since 2009. What it means is Classic can appeal to those people like myself who want to see a clear and simple path to follow for gear progression.  Also, Reshanta/Abyss is a big drawcard. Aion 7.9 doesn't have many places to fly which was the main drawcard back in 2009.

Lets wait another 68 days till the 90day Classic subs run out before making a decision about active player numbers in 7.9.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:49 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Exactly. Tbh I still have a mansion, and I haven't played retail in 4 months. It would be better for my mansion to be taken away so that someone who is actively playing can use it. Will it suck losing my mansion? Yes, of course, but I'm not using it since I'm not playing.

But to keep your mansion don't you need to log in and pay for the rent otherwise you lose it? If you think it is not fair to keep a mansion you could let it go.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But to keep your mansion don't you need to log in and pay for the rent otherwise you lose it? If you think it is not fair to keep a mansion you could let it go.

I will be upon merge. I will not attempt to buy it back when housing becomes available again unless I decide to start playing retail again.

Hi! I’m an old returning player from the beta promotion days of Aion.  I started up in classic recently. I also have characters on each of the base game aion servers. I have both Elyos and Asmodians. Will I have to delete characters from one side or the other? I mean, I’m willing to do it, I have fond memories from both so that’s going to be a bit sad. Just wanted to clarify how that’s going to work. Sorry if it’s been answered already.

14 hours ago, Zhaneel said:

Hi! I’m an old returning player from the beta promotion days of Aion.  I started up in classic recently. I also have characters on each of the base game aion servers. I have both Elyos and Asmodians. Will I have to delete characters from one side or the other? I mean, I’m willing to do it, I have fond memories from both so that’s going to be a bit sad. Just wanted to clarify how that’s going to work. Sorry if it’s been answered already.

You won't, they will be in the same server/faction and as long as you have both you won't be able to make any new chars if you have vacant slots.

In the past they allowed people to transfer their colliding characters into another account but that was when we still had personnel dedicated to Aion, I doubt they will bother doing something similar now.

56 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You won't, they will be in the same server/faction and as long as you have both you won't be able to make any new chars if you have vacant slots.

In the past they allowed people to transfer their colliding characters into another account but that was when we still had personnel dedicated to Aion, I doubt they will bother doing something similar now.

This is what they should do I think. However, let’s wait for the official details on Monday before discussing further.

35 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

This is what they should do I think. However, let’s wait for the official details on Monday before discussing further.

What they should have done long time ago is to not allow people to make different factions in the same account regardless of the server. They did have a merge in the past too so they should be aware of it that collisions could happen.

If you remember in the past, you could do the maximum amount of players in every server, e.g. 8x in Siel and 8x in Israphel. Then due to merges people were found having twice the amount of chars into one server, (16 char on one server). So eventually they made a rule having the max amount of char in the account, not each server.

I remember I had to delete some chars because my account had more than the maximum and it didn't even let me log into the game unless I deleted the extra ones.

~~
What happened when they merged EK to KT, did they give the people the ability to transfer chars into other accounts? And even so, the "other account" won't have the collections, transforms etc, so they need to make a new rule and not allow elyos and asmodians to exist in the same account in any server which at the moment is not even necessary since we are down to one server, our servers are been deadin' so hard!

On 7/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, Ulti-DN said:

Time for you to realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and nobody gives a crap what you want. Entitled much? You don't like it? Quit!! We won't miss you. Stop making demands...nobody owes you anything!

Meanwhile you get s**t thrown to your face and you came here to demand s**t to be thrown to our face too because that would make it more fair for YOU. nobody cares what you want. It is a DN transfer to KT indifferent to your feelings.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:16 AM, Titanas-KT said:

Meanwhile you get s**t thrown to your face and you came here to demand s**t to be thrown to our face too because that would make it more fair for YOU. nobody cares what you want. It is a DN transfer to KT indifferent to your feelings.

Hey kid, go sit down and gtfo the forums. Merge won't go your way, Kt doesn't belong to you. It isn't your personal private server to decide who comes and goes.

14 hours ago, Khonsu-DN said:

Hey kid, go sit down and gtfo the forums. Merge won't go your way, Kt doesn't belong to you. It isn't your personal private server to decide who comes and goes.

A dn player comes & demands KT's names to be changed & it is all good, but god forbid if a KT player has a different opinion then it is selfish & I need to get out of forums so you & your friends can keep acting like KT is your private server &  decide who comes & who goes. Who gave you the right to decide what needs to happen to KT? If you dont play on KT dont talk about KT & our names.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, Titan said:

A dn player comes & demands KT's names to be changed & it is all good, but god forbid if a KT player has a different opinion then it is selfish & I need to get out of forums so you & your friends can keep acting like KT is your private server &  decide who comes & who goes. Who gave you the right to decide what needs to happen to KT? If you dont play on KT dont talk about KT & our names.

Dude, every merge that happened, all the server involved got reset. It was fair for all, and no one complained. It was easy for all to start to see everyone as one community. So why are you so entitled to not get fairness on this one? What all of us from DN are asking is that instead only DN get reset, both server get reset! names and houses on fair point to EVERYBODY and for the racism "im DN you KT" ends!!!

Sorry but im not very good at drawings so i couldnt get this more pretty to you.

14 hours ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Dude, every merge that happened, all the server involved got reset. It was fair for all, and no one complained. It was easy for all to start to see everyone as one community. So why are you so entitled to not get fairness on this one? What all of us from DN are asking is that instead only DN get reset, both server get reset! names and houses on fair point to EVERYBODY and for the racism "im DN you KT" ends!!!

Sorry but im not very good at drawings so i couldnt get this more pretty to you.

EK + KT was not a general merge for the same reasons DN + KT is not a general merge either.

Also I have read more wrath against KT server and the KT players from DN people and not just for this merge. Lets not merge at all & lets keep a threshold on servers, if a server is way too dead they should give players 6 months to pay to transfer and 6 months later they delete the server that no longer makes profit.

Hobodah?

8 hours ago, Titan said:

EK + KT was not a general merge for the same reasons DN + KT is not a general merge either.

Also I have read more wrath against KT server and the KT players from DN people and not just for this merge. Lets not merge at all & lets keep a threshold on servers, if a server is way too dead they should give players 6 months to pay to transfer and 6 months later they delete the server that no longer makes profit.

Hobodah?

You must be a troll ... first of all Ek server was a brand new server open for old , new and returning players due to the release of the 6.X patch.  That server only lasted active for a few months and then they had to merge it with Katalam due to the total imbalance that was created there and the population that was decreasing more and more, all of them due to the error of the expectation that Ncsoft had it for that patch who was a failure to open a new server that we all knew was not going to last, and just because of that bad decision they did for opening a New server they was in need to compensate all the players with 4k Lunas, kinah for the total change in the economy that they were going to have with the people of Katalam and many goodies that was more worthy during that patch ... just for that they did a merge like this and a totally different with the normal merge we had it before like when danaria and Katalam was created.. BUT in this case Danaria was not a New server like Ek , Danaria have the same time alive with Katalam when both was created from the last merge , Danaria deserve the same treatment for the old players left who is still suporting this dying game ; and just saying,  just because Danaria got less people doesnt mean Katalam was more alive , they just got the luck for having a little more people than Danaria.... if was the other way Katalam was going to have this same unfairness treat and merged into Danaria.....  

Katalam have a tottaly different economy and Danaria are not getting any Kinah , Luna or any compensation for the merge ,we are the only ones losing our names , Legion Names , Housing here and even that we cant compite again for the housing because they are not going to touch the housing of the privile Katalam Players...

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

I remember they had the compensation, and they got bunch of superb goodies for that.

Yeah, they got some stuff, alright:

A survey can also be claimed on Ereshkigal only (one per account). The survey includes:

50x Transformation Contract (62 Types)

1x Ancient Transformation Contract (18 Types)

1x 30-day Prestige Pass

1x Daevanion Skill Box (10 Types)

10x Legendary PvE Enchantment Stones

10x Legendary PvP Enchantment Stones

3x Ultimate PvE Enchantment Stones

3x Ultimate PvP Enchantment Stones

5x Stigma Enchantment Stones

250,000,000 Kinah

250 Gold Ingots

4,000 Luna

https://www.aiononline.com/news/server-consolidation-may-2019

Archived