Forums

Aion November Preview

Cyan

• Aion Team

Hello Daevas, 

Here is a preview for what to expect in November. Many of the features shared are still in active development so it may be subject to change.

Upcoming Events:

• A special rotating Kumuki's Daring Rescue will be starting November 8. Full schedule and details will come next week.
  • Upgrade Arcade will be returning in the middle of the month.
  • A full week of double EXP will begin November 8.Thanksgiving weekend will have double EXP and double crafting.

In Progress:

• Server merges have been completed. Look at this post for what's still to come.

Thank you

interesting

We are having now X5 exp, an event that is not P2W or afk-with-many-alts-to-win. An event that requires to make groups and go inside different high level instances and with nice rewards including the best gear, best manastones, a lot of usefull things and even some skins

yet we can see some people in this thread excited about only X2 exp, a P2W event where you have to do 3256458 times Haramel with many alts and a lot of money, just to get some items with a really low chance of getting something.

Well, of course it is something and we can complain. They are free to give what they want and that. But Really, compared whith what we have now... well, I do not understand all those emotions. Just a "oh. I see, ok NCSoft" looks better

Anyway, im not saying that the next events are bad, but I just think that the current event is probably one of the best designed in so much time

cause I have encountered feelings about giving the best gear as a reward (In some ay is what is motivating the players to play but also Aion used to be more focused in the effort of getting something)

but, it is balanced between real money or time. If you have money but few time, you can buy candies and just do some fissures and fast things. If you have time but no money, you can play with many alts and use the candies in groupal instances to get more pumkins. If you have both... well, choose one or you will end with a lot of unused candies in your inventory.

It is an event that encourages people to play in groups. And yes, I know that are just fast runs and not like we are making friends, but still that is better than single player instances IMO.

They are focusing in the new instances and not in every instance. In past events we have the chance to get event items in Fire Temple, NTC, TL and many low level instances. That was nice for low level players so they can have something. But having those options usually made the high level players to evade the new content to save time. So at the end you had a lot of geared players just doing Steel Rake or similars.

We have included a nice exp buff so even the few mobs that we kill to get the event items, gives us some exp. And if we also do some lunas waiting for the candies we get something nice.

So... Yes. Maybe the new event is not bad... but coming back to single instance´s event where your money can make a difference in what you get and a just a X2 exp buff, feels like not so impresive to me. just my opinion.

Kumuki Cave is not p2w at all. The last instalment made it much clearer to everyone. It does not encourage you to go to every instance, but it encourages you to do it on every alt.

So, Kumuki Cave additionally is an event for low levels as well. And no money is required to run it at all.

As of right now, I find both the Pumpkin event and Kumuki Cave the best events around. Second best is the Ancient Shard one from a few months ago, despite being really difficult to get high tier rewards, you can get LOTS of secondary stuff easily. Fourth might be Snowball event. :P

1 hour ago, Bryos-KT said:

Kumuki Cave is not p2w at all. The last instalment made it much clearer to everyone. It does not encourage you to go to every instance, but it encourages you to do it on every alt.

So, Kumuki Cave additionally is an event for low levels as well. And no money is required to run it at all.

As of right now, I find both the Pumpkin event and Kumuki Cave the best events around. Second best is the Ancient Shard one from a few months ago, despite being really difficult to get high tier rewards, you can get LOTS of secondary stuff easily. Fourth might be Snowball event. :P

Yes, we get it, you're an apologist and everything is always okay.

But for those who aren't blind, it's really not. This current event, sure, it's good in some ways. Really top tier rewards that take time and effort to get. The XP buff is nice. The Kumuki thing? People are acting like that's a godsend to XP but I don't get it. I wasn't playing the last time it was up but from videos I've seen, killing the things gives you about the equivalent of an extra fissure run. Probably cool for people who are still under level 72, but after that, it's hardly anything.

And as far as rewards, the fact is, NCSoft has made it ridiculously difficult to make a sustainable income without farming events. So when they do events like Upgrade Arcade which is BCM only or even Shugo Sweep which is either BCM or a not insignificant amount of kinah to participate in, it's actively hurting players who can't cash shop their way to victory. Sure, it makes things cheaper on the broker but that doesn't matter when there's no other significant way to make kinah.

They're offering no real compensation for the lack of Panesterra availability, the massive server issues, (Yes, something they can't do much about right now, but it's still ruining people's ability to run anything and there definitely are ways they could have prepared for a DDoS.) the constant breaking of things with every patch (Some not super significant like the minion function, others a minorly exploitative oversight like the reappearance of the GP NPC.), the complete refusal to seriously address hackers and exploiters, (The temporary bans handed out for the FP exploit were laughable and people still aren't being punished for AFKing sieges and dredgion defense.), etc.

We get no explanations, no real apologies, just more cash grabs shoved in front of us and people like you are telling everyone to get over it. Things like this, more than certain gameplay decisions made my NCKorea, have driven away a lot of long time players and continue to do so.

• Aion Team

Just wanted to quickly clarify something quickly. The quests you see in the Korean version will not be here next week, but possibly in the future. As stated above, full details will come on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Juice-KT said:

This is Kumuki

Upgrade Arcade is a cash shop only event that was basically the Luna Game of Fate before Luna existed.

OK so the Kumuki event is Haramel for all levels while avoiding mobs and looking for keys within a time limit?

And I still don't get what the Upgrade Arcade is.  I understand that its a cash shop related event but what exactly is it?

25 minutes ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:

And I still don't get what the Upgrade Arcade is.  I understand that its a cash shop related event but what exactly is it?

hqdefault.jpg

This is the UI for it. There are 4 tiers, each with 2 "Upgrade Levels". For each Arcade Token, you try to upgrade the weapon in the middle to a new level. Each tier has its own rewards, but, logically, the higher you go, the better the rewards. You can stop at an level, and doing it will give you a random prize for the respective tier (you can view them from the "Rewards" panel).

Failing to upgrade (random), will return you back to the first tier and give you a random reward out of that list. Though recent instalments have made it so you can pay additional Arcade Tokens to resume from where you failed. Each time you spend a Token, the Frenzy Meter fills up by a bit. During Frenzy, you get improved versions of the tiered rewards. It is just the same as regular mode in terms of tokens and luck.

This is a Cash Shop event because, much like Luna and Golden Die, you can only get Arcade Tokens from the BCM. In the latest event though, we did get a few spins for free.

Ok. at the end of our halloween event and about to begin with kumuki´s event, I really can say that kumuki´s is not even close to be good enoght compared with Halloween :P

you can say whatever you want about the exp from quests, but still, I will remember the ended event and will be waiting for the next halloween with some anxiety. LOL

I was happy with my results obtaining pumpkins, and was just trying to test my luck opening the bags from 20 and 35 pumpkins quests, and I just discovered that we can choose the rewards!. So I will not have to be afraid of getting a lot of supps or skins. I will be able to choose all the weapons or armor that I wanted and even more!! Since the arrival of the snowball´s event I wasn´t so happy with an event. :P . One of the best designed events in years. I hope the designer will get a promotion and a better payment. 

So, you can go and save those pigs, I will be happy and busy with my new items. hahahahahaha

It's always that way, @Azzmaria-KT. We get a really really good and rewarding event and then something smaller.

Looks like Kumuki is back to the "old version" where it's mostly an xp event (and we have double xp for it) with the rewards being ap and medals. Not -bad- rewards. But nothing was going to hold a candle to a full end-game armor set.

Archived