Events

ITisNOTme

Hi @Kibbelz

I see running around a lot of new players which is surprise for me. And they all seem to be very active. So we need to hold them as much as we can. We all know how hard to get to average level of playing gear and stats for new people. So it would be nice if we and your team could help them. I wish to have some events in the closest future with S rank minions (not promotion but exact box with S minion, which were giving away on EU and RU a lot of times), maybe some cubics event, Legendary transformations event for collections (which also handy for old players). and it would be cool to see again Imbued weapons in events. 

That's all will help both of us to keep this game as long as we still enjoy it! Also good move for merge to have some REALLY NICE events.

Thanks!

Yeah, mainly transformation events, because this is the main struggle for the new players.

6 hours ago, ITisNOTme said:

and it would be cool to see again Imbued weapons in events. 

"again" XD if this is again implemented like last December event, with hackers and bots fest, no thank you. I'd suggest some easy farming event that will allow anyone to have an imbued weapon of their choice.

51 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yeah, mainly transformation events, because this is the main struggle for the new players.

"again" XD if this is again implemented like last December event, with hackers and bots fest, no thank you. I'd suggest some easy farming event that will allow anyone to have an imbued weapon of their choice.

Yep , many "legit" players got their T2 then, some even got T3. But hey, it didn't mess with their potential sells like paragon abuse did, so it's alight.  

3 hours ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Yep , many "legit" players got their T2 then, some even got T3. But hey, it didn't mess with their potential sells like paragon abuse did, so it's alight.  

Hahahaha, no no, they were not hacking, they were just "fast" 🤣🤣🤣

just really fast

On 7/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, Gabrielis-KT said:

Hahahaha, no no, they were not hacking, they were just "fast" 🤣🤣🤣

just really fast

you can cry about this as long as you want but believe or not but i got 1 weapon with my hands. Mostly because of my fps 100 and ping 30. 

5 hours ago, ITisNOTme said:

you can cry about this as long as you want but believe or not but i got 1 weapon with my hands. Mostly because of my fps 100 and ping 30. 

Only 1 ? Lol

but this shugo was there every day during several weeks, and hackers got much more than just 1 lol

on a separate note, what you say only proves how unfair and discriminatory that event was, because the large majority of players don’t have that low ping

• 2 weeks later...

@Kibbelz After this post https://www.aiononline.com/news/return-to-aion i thought you are going to do something for new/retuning players but you didn't do anything yet. So are really going to do something for them ? I see a lot new/retuning players too but they don't play too much after they learn there is a lot of thing to do.  Stigmas, Daevanion Skills, Minions, Cubics, Transformations..  And most of them don't even have enough kinah for Experience Extractor. I try to help them as much as I can but you should do something too. Events for +9 Stigmas(at least), Daevanion Books/Essences, Legendary/Ultimate Enchantment Stones(not 3x stone for a week), +3/+5 Shining Gemstone/Runestone Boxes, Grade S or A Rank 4 Minion.And 30-35 free Experience Mark for Heartguard Accessories and Feathers or you can just give them Heartguard Accs and Feathers like you did before for Risiel set.  Most old players don't need them. I mean we can use on alts but it will be more better for them.

2 hours ago, One said:

@Kibbelz After this post https://www.aiononline.com/news/return-to-aion i thought you are going to do something for new/retuning players but you didn't do anything yet. So are really going to do something for them ? I see a lot new/retuning players too but they don't play too much after they learn there is a lot of thing to do.  Stigmas, Daevanion Skills, Minions, Cubics, Transformations..  And most of them don't even have enough kinah for Experience Extractor. I try to help them as much as I can but you should do something too. Events for +9 Stigmas(at least), Daevanion Books/Essences, Legendary/Ultimate Enchantment Stones(not 3x stone for a week), +3/+5 Shining Gemstone/Runestone Boxes, Grade S or A Rank 4 Minion.And 30-35 free Experience Mark for Heartguard Accessories and Feathers or you can just give them Heartguard Accs and Feathers like you did before for Risiel set.  Most old players don't need them. I mean we can use on alts but it will be more better for them.

Return to what, theres nothing to return to, i see people returning all the time, they play for a couple of weeks spam IDD, realize that there is no way to catch up or progress then leave. Because theres nothing to do, you cant do any of the endgame instances like IDDHM PFHM AOA AOG, for that you need yearS of waiting for the event that lets you BUY stigmas, daevanion skills, transformations, enchantment stones that gets you close to not getting one shotted in those instances. And thats what happens when you make your game based on events and artificial scarcity to drive up the FOMO sales once you decide to grace us with an event for stigmas or daeva skills or whatever.

The main problem is that you need events to even have some chance of catching up, because no way in hell you can do it you know the old fashioned way of actually playing the game, you have to wait to be blessed by our overlords with events that give you the chance to spend a ton of money or if you don't you are in the drought of waiting for months without any meaningful way of obtaining endgame stuff and nothing to do but mindless busywork.

And the worst offense, the PRETEND CARE producers letters or asking for feedback that is never really used to improve the game, its just used to data mine what we want so they can pay wall it and nickle and dime us.

9 hours ago, Shampoo said:

Return to what, theres nothing to return to, i see people returning all the time, they play for a couple of weeks spam IDD, realize that there is no way to catch up or progress then leave. Because theres nothing to do, you cant do any of the endgame instances like IDDHM PFHM AOA AOG, for that you need yearS of waiting for the event that lets you BUY stigmas, daevanion skills, transformations, enchantment stones that gets you close to not getting one shotted in those instances. And thats what happens when you make your game based on events and artificial scarcity to drive up the FOMO sales once you decide to grace us with an event for stigmas or daeva skills or whatever.

The main problem is that you need events to even have some chance of catching up, because no way in hell you can do it you know the old fashioned way of actually playing the game, you have to wait to be blessed by our overlords with events that give you the chance to spend a ton of money or if you don't you are in the drought of waiting for months without any meaningful way of obtaining endgame stuff and nothing to do but mindless busywork.

And the worst offense, the PRETEND CARE producers letters or asking for feedback that is never really used to improve the game, its just used to data mine what we want so they can pay wall it and nickle and dime us.

That is not completely true. You say “it takes years to gear up to not get 1 shot in instances” this is BS. It only takes 1 day to get yourself a FULL end-game armor/weapon set from IDD. Enchanting it will require some grind but still pretty straightforward. Once you make your pve set close to +13 at least, you won’t get 1 shot in pve. Farming pvp gear is a bit more complicated but still quite easy.

As for accessories, XP marks accessories are very decent and if properly retuned are good for any end-game inst including AoA and pfhm 1-3 bosses and iddhm 1st boss.

Daevanion skills are also easy - farm marks and craft boxes.

When you say “it takes years to catch up”, I don’t really understand you. For me it took 1 year to get my character fully geared with decent transformation collection and ultimate xform + full advanced stigmas and daevanions. So how much time you want to be it for you ? 1 month ? Then I’m afraid you’d better look for another game.

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

That is not completely true. You say “it takes years to gear up to not get 1 shot in instances” this is BS. It only takes 1 day to get yourself a FULL end-game armor/weapon set from IDD. Enchanting it will require some grind but still pretty straightforward. Once you make your pve set close to +13 at least, you won’t get 1 shot in pve. Farming pvp gear is a bit more complicated but still quite easy.

As for accessories, XP marks accessories are very decent and if properly retuned are good for any end-game inst including AoA and pfhm 1-3 bosses and iddhm 1st boss.

Daevanion skills are also easy - farm marks and craft boxes.

When you say “it takes years to catch up”, I don’t really understand you. For me it took 1 year to get my character fully geared with decent transformation collection and ultimate xform + full advanced stigmas and daevanions. So how much time you want to be it for you ? 1 month ? Then I’m afraid you’d better look for another game.

My point was that progression is tied to events, not so much to playing the game. The other day i tried 50 stigma enchants and couldnt even get a single stigma to +9, and thats +9 you need another 50 if youare lucky to +15 it, so tell me how can you get 100 stigma enchants thru playing the game not events? Tell me outside of stormwing event or payed promotions where else would you get that amount of stigma enchants. And thats one stigma whole stormwing event might not even be enough to get a full set of stigmas. So again i ask, how can a new player get their advanced stigmas thru means of gameplay? I checked broker there are 3 +9 stigmas and thats not per class and a couple of advanced, so buying even if you are able to grind the kinah is not always the options, so again you are waiting for events to get +9 stigmas, and when was the last of those, january? So how can a new player get advanced stigmas in any meaning full way, without waiting probably 6 months for a stigma event and another 6 months for storming? And the same with daevanion skills, you need 100s of books, which once again you are waiting for an event, stormwing but then what first, stigmas or daeva skills or enchants?

You missed my point, i dont ask for the progression to be fast, but its artificially crippled so that the main source of the items needed is events not gameplay, and if new players miss the best events usually end of the year, they end up in the limbo that is waiting for 6+ months while grinding for scraps.

What you suggest is being carried in the hard mode instances, without advanced stigmas, daeva skills your dps in there would be really bad, and without fully enchanted armor you will be a burden on the healer as well. So how many listings you see LFG for the hard instances and are willing to carry people?

1 hour ago, Shampoo said:

My point was that progression is tied to events, not so much to playing the game. The other day i tried 50 stigma enchants and couldnt even get a single stigma to +9, and thats +9 you need another 50 if youare lucky to +15 it, so tell me how can you get 100 stigma enchants thru playing the game not events? Tell me outside of stormwing event or payed promotions where else would you get that amount of stigma enchants. And thats one stigma whole stormwing event might not even be enough to get a full set of stigmas. So again i ask, how can a new player get their advanced stigmas thru means of gameplay? I checked broker there are 3 +9 stigmas and thats not per class and a couple of advanced, so buying even if you are able to grind the kinah is not always the options, so again you are waiting for events to get +9 stigmas, and when was the last of those, january? So how can a new player get advanced stigmas in any meaning full way, without waiting probably 6 months for a stigma event and another 6 months for storming? And the same with daevanion skills, you need 100s of books, which once again you are waiting for an event, stormwing but then what first, stigmas or daeva skills or enchants?

You missed my point, i dont ask for the progression to be fast, but its artificially crippled so that the main source of the items needed is events not gameplay, and if new players miss the best events usually end of the year, they end up in the limbo that is waiting for 6+ months while grinding for scraps.

What you suggest is being carried in the hard mode instances, without advanced stigmas, daeva skills your dps in there would be really bad, and without fully enchanted armor you will be a burden on the healer as well. So how many listings you see LFG for the hard instances and are willing to carry people?

My spiritmaster has only 3 pieces +15, only 1 advanced stigma and the rest are +9 and no advanced daevanions (only 3 daevanion are +7) and makes around 150k dps on pfhm 1st boss (with 50% cubic, which anyone can farm very easily, even returning players). As for stigmas, you were simply unlucky if you didn't make a +9 with 50 enchants, I made many +9 from +0 using around 20 enchants maximum. It's not always you have to spend 150 stones to make a +15 from +0. Excuse me, but only 1 week ago we had an event for stigma enchants. Another option is to buy them with renown or kinah. Again, you say we have a good event every 6 months but again - how much time do you expect to get full advanced stigmas ? For me it took much more than 6 months to get them, you know. It is totally normal if it takes the same for a returning player. And again, if you want, you can buy a full set of advanced stigmas from day 0 for kinah, just post in lfg and people will find you. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt to grind. We already have no obstacles with gearing up, you want already full advanced stigmas in 1 month ? I think it's logical that a person cannot have in 1 week what others put months in farming. Otherwise I don't see a point in playing this. All the points you mentioned - stigmas, daevanion, etc. are straightforward to get there is no point complaining about it.

The only real issue is transformation system, it needs to be adressed yes. But not the points you mentioned.

2 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

you were simply unlucky if you didn't make a +9 with 50 enchants

That's the thing, RNG is a big factor in progression,  I totally wouldn't half of my advanced stuff if it wasn't for events and luck.  A few weeks ago, for example, I had one daevanion skill to upgrade and it was really hard, with no events or a single selectable daeva skill on broker, and I kept getting the wrong skills either from renown npc or  craft.  Finally, I got lucky with craft / renown box and was able to advance it.

RNG can f*ck you over and over a lot of times, and at some point people just quit, because it sucks.

It also takes time to lvl up all the 12 characters, gear them up and farm to feed your main. If the player is not willing to follow certain steps to achieve a goal and don't have a plan, well they will certainly quit.

And Sovereign is not endgame gear, not really. The most geared players have truestorm / paragon / yornforged. Now tell a new/returning player to go and try to farm those.

No to mention that when they see the situation of the game they will feel like it's less and less worth to try it or invest time / money on it.

31 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

That's the thing, RNG is a big factor in progression,  I totally wouldn't half of my advanced stuff if it wasn't for events and luck.  A few weeks ago, for example, I had one daevanion skill to upgrade and it was really hard, with no events or a single selectable daeva skill on broker, and I kept getting the wrong skills either from renown npc or  craft.  Finally, I got lucky with craft / renown box and was able to advance it.

RNG can f*ck you over and over a lot of times, and at some point people just quit, because it sucks.

It also takes time to lvl up all the 12 characters, gear them up and farm to feed your main. If the player is not willing to follow certain steps to achieve a goal and don't have a plan, well they will certainly quit.

And Sovereign is not endgame gear, not really. The most geared players have truestorm / paragon / yornforged. Now tell a new/returning player to go and try to farm those.

No to mention that when they see the situation of the game they will feel like it's less and less worth to try it or invest time / money on it.

Aion has always been poisoned by rng, and it was on top the issues players were not happy with and even Kibbelz mentioned it but so far there was no remedy other than events… It’s the developers that have to change this alas.

Again, stigma/daevanion rng is no big deal, here I don’t accept any complaints, it’s already quite easy. The real cancerous rng is transformation combination. As for paragon, imo all this gear should be removed from the game, it’s ruining it.

Guys you all have valids points:

1. Events are Aion at 5x~10x speed if itsi  the right one, if you stick around and never quit the game you eventually catch the good events and progress sometimes just by logging in.
  2. Gearing with XP marks and dpsing is still possible if this was the incentive until you get the good event and progress faster which takes us to point No 1 made above about events.
  3. RNG is the biggest factor and this is why the game died. People couldn't get the right transform for years, they couldn't get the right rune/gem slot in those hard earned items, they couldn't get the correct dazzling for their class and/or the right skill, they couldn't enchant runes/gems without them breaking and requiring insane amount of mats to fix etc. And this takes us again to point No1 made above about events.
    On top of that they gave BCM sales so whales could pay their way ahead of the material rarity which made it even worse for casual players.

One thing they are fixing after 90% of the population has already quit is the ultimate transformation acquisition. In Aion 7.9 part 2 you finally get a token for ultimate transforms that you can get on ANY char if you play actively for 6 months! They milked the transformation cow to death and now they give it pretty much with little effort just by sticking to the game.

The whole 7.x patch is an RNG cesspool with all the special little items you need and how RNG is to get them first and how RNG is to enchant them or refine them.

One of their dumbest ideas were the glyphs where you enchant them and it is RNG what you get and that is it, if you are unhappy you have to farm a new one!

Archived