are bots legal now?

uhhfghf

Did I not notice something or is it now allowed to bot? With so many bots running around in beluslan and brusthonin, must it be ok to have a bot by now or am I wrong? apparently nobody is banned so it must be legal. so dear ncsoft team, can you give us a link where you can download the bots you have accepted? Many Thanks

Its not legal but they dont care otherwise they would use any anticheat, read reports or have gms ingame, its gonna end up the same as retail.

There are already legions with kisks at impossible locations using nogravity for world bosses with , people seeing and chasing others outside of minimap range, following stealth without any sight buff, attackspeed hacks, unanswered reports for people straight botting, teleporting, flying aboveground, soloing dungeons by bugging bosses, just accept it the best they will do is nerf how much kinah bots can make like the daily vendor cap or siel aura not being able to loot or reduce drop rate of field mobs

2 hours ago, Gades said:

Please bann Siel-Asmodian Bulldozer from Legion Chill. He´s botting the whole day at Adma Plains.

TY

Yeah < Chill > has a lot of bots. I've seen them botting even in the abyss. There's a few players who are actually at their computer, probably funneling all the bot profits to their main

4 hours ago, Bittena-DN said:

no they are not ok or legal.. running bots is a violation of the TOS

If NCsoft does absolutely nothing, 0, nada, against bots. Then in practice, bots are completely legal and everyone should use a bot to their advantage.

NCsoft has done 0!!! bans so far, they don't give a single nyerk at all. Literally 1 intern could rid the server of bots, but NCsoft WANTS bots on their servers. They don't do anything with reports.

There are actual players, even in some of the top legions who have been seen botting.  Others using radar and teleport hacks.  It's getting kind of ridiculous now.  Like, what do we have to do at this point to get actual cheaters banned?  I feel like NC expects you to just take video of EVERYTHING and sent reports in about it with the video proof in order for them to actually do something, even about bots that belong to gold selling companies.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, to anyone in this thread, please make sure you are submitt any bot or cheating observations to https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

After reading this thread I hopped on a call with my primary contact on the team which deals with these reports, and let me say that after our discussion it's clear that we are actively banning bot accounts. As you might expect, bot developers (just like cheat developers) are constantly looking for ways to circumvent our detection approaches. I learned a lot about how we detect botters / hackers, and while I cannot go into any detail on how our detection system works (to ensure we're not aiding our opponents here) I can say that it's clear there's a lot going on on that front.

As a side note, I haven't seen Multiboxing come up much. For those unaware, Multiboxing can appear as botting to casual observation, but actually is not. It's popular in MMOs (especially remakes/classics) and as long as the player is managing the multiple characters themselves and not using any sort of macro / automation software, this is permitted in Aion Classic. This often leverages the '/follow' command and can appear similar to botting from an outsider perspective.

Anyhow, I hope all this info is helpful. We'll keep doing all we can on our front and please, please, please continue submitting those reports. While they are not necessarily essential to get bans done, they do help us be far more efficient in finding bots!

Thanks

11 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

As a side note, I haven't seen Multiboxing come up much. For those unaware, Multiboxing can appear as botting to casual observation, but is not. It's popular in MMOs (especially remakes/classics) and as long as the player is managing the multiple characters themselves and not using any sort of macro / software, this is permitted in Aion Classic. This leverages the '/follow' command and can appear similar to botting from an outsider .

I think most people realize that a group of characters running in a straight line in the same pattern and killing the same mobs repeatedly in the same order, never taking any actions an actual player would take like stopping, sitting, jumping, etc...are bots and not multiboxers.

And if I wanted to be sarcastic, I would say, yeah I'm sure Aalhhfff, Ihahsdfff, Sdddddf, Haaalhffff, and Ddddddfff are just a multiboxer. XD

Glad to hear bots are actively being banned but I'd feel better about it when I don't see the bots I'm reporting for auto hunting running around in 40-50 areas anymore. :(

18 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, to anyone in this thread, please make sure you are submitt any bot or cheating observations to https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

After reading this thread I hopped on a call with my primary contact on the team which deals with these reports, and let me say that after our discussion it's clear that we are actively banning bot accounts. As you might expect, bot developers (just like cheat developers) are constantly looking for ways to circumvent our detection approaches. I learned a lot about how we detect botters / hackers, and while I cannot go into any detail on how our detection system works (to ensure we're not aiding our opponents here) I can say that it's clear there's a lot going on on that front.

As a side note, I haven't seen Multiboxing come up much. For those unaware, Multiboxing can appear as botting to casual observation, but actually is not. It's popular in MMOs (especially remakes/classics) and as long as the player is managing the multiple characters themselves and not using any sort of macro / automation software, this is permitted in Aion Classic. This often leverages the '/follow' command and can appear similar to botting from an outsider perspective.

Anyhow, I hope all this info is helpful. We'll keep doing all we can on our front and please, please, please continue submitting those reports. While they are not necessarily essential to get bans done, they do help us be far more efficient in finding bots!

Thanks

How about being proactive and informative?

You say bots are being banned?  Really?  How many?  No really, I want to know how many are banned daily, each and every day?

I didn't notice bots being a problem until I got to Eltnen and ESPECIALLY Theobomos.  But in those regions bots are keeping entire map regions clear of mobs (The Klaw area west of Golden Bough Garrison, Kuriullu Pass are especially just INFESTED with bots).  I've had to fight bots for kills for quests in these areas, the available spawn is so rare.  They're camping world named spawns, which pisses me off because that was a major way I made kinah.

I thought people were joking, but no.  There are BOT INSTANCE GROUPS running instances like Fire Temple.  Legionmate said they were selling loot rights to Kromede loot if they got any.

At least in an instance it shuts them from affecting my daily playstyle.

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

I hopped on a call with my primary contact on the team which deals with these reports, and let me say that after our discussion it's clear that we are actively banning bot accounts. As you might expect, bot developers (just like cheat developers) are constantly looking for ways to circumvent our detection approaches. I learned a lot about how we detect botters / hackers, and while I cannot go into any detail on how our detection system works (to ensure we're not aiding our opponents here) I can say that it's clear there's a lot going on on that front.

Does the team which deals with these reports have any manual inspection? Because some of the reports I made 1+ week ago; I can see these bots still grinding 24/7.

A GM logging into the game and checking the reported character out, would be able to confirm within a minute that it is indeed a bot, since they are practically online botting 24/7, any time of the day.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

team just too busy to log on and do some flying around theobomus i guess.

Banning high level bots is effective as it takes a lot of time for them to get back up
same squads i reported ingame a week ago are still here

On 7/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, Xathian said:

team just too busy to log on and do some flying around theobomus i guess.

Banning high level bots is effective as it takes a lot of time for them to get back up
same squads i reported ingame a week ago are still here

Exactly. Same stuff here.

It takes weeks to bot a character to level 50, and these level 50 bots are still botting undisturbed, meaning that NCSoft hasn't done anything to stop them on the weeks they have been busy botting to cap.

Why are there no GM's checking out the reported characters ingame? Even when I attach video evidence of obvious botting, how kind of more 'evidence' do you possibly still need? 

Still 0 bots banned that I personally reported with evidence in Player Support tickets.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:11 AM, Kibbelz said:

After reading this thread I hopped on a call with my primary contact on the team which deals with these reports, and let me say that after our discussion it's clear that we are actively banning bot accounts.

Thanks

Does the ingame report autohunting/bot function work at all? I have used this numerous times on very obvious bots and yet they are still there farming the same locations a week later. I'm also seeing gladiator bots attacking mobs from insane distances, teleporting etc. And no, it's not lag. Surely this kind of stuff is easily detected.

If people don't see results then your words start to lose value.

9 hours ago, Easycrow said:

Does the ingame report autohunting/bot function work at all? I have used this numerous times on very obvious bots and yet they are still there farming the same locations a week later. I'm also seeing gladiator bots attacking mobs from insane distances, teleporting etc. And no, it's not lag. Surely this kind of stuff is easily detected.

If people don't see results then your words start to lose value.

It does but as kibblez has mentioned many people can not see the difference between multiboxers and botters. It is obvious to NCsoft that these multiboxers have not slept 1ce since the servers went live a month ago and that is normal behaviour for humans according to NCsoft.

it seems, nc soft doin realy nothing against the bots. the bots are already attacking my mobs and ks me, maybe after siels aura is over best thing i could do is quit aion classic. thx for your great support ncsoft :)

15 hours ago, uhhfghf said:

it seems, nc soft doin realy nothing against the bots. the bots are already attacking my mobs and ks me, maybe after siels aura is over best thing i could do is quit aion classic. thx for your great support ncsoft :)

I am sure they do loads. Look below

unknown.png?width=726&height=387

It is so nice to see actual players play this game ! Why do they all make chanters and they attack the same mob though ?

On 7/19/2021 at 10:53 AM, 17s11C0C said:

Yeah < Chill > has a lot of bots. I've seen them botting even in the abyss. There's a few players who are actually at their computer, probably funneling all the bot profits to their main

Yup.

I recall when I was levelling, there was one just outside Hot Springs, he was alllways there. Some little SM.

I know what multi-boxing is like.  Multi-boxing is not constantly running in the very same triangle making the exact same sharp turns and being seen there doing the same thing for days on end.  There are very -easy- bots to spot that don't require much looking into and should have been gone by now.

Archived