Lots of red flags with Aion Classic here that need to be said.

2s184EE1

I pretty much live for aion, been waiting for a classic version to drop for years now and this is absolutely the best game ever made, to me.

I'm not too concerned with the candies and all of the weird inflation they're causing, it has definitely changed the pace of the game a lot since the original release but so have we, as players since we know everything about the game now.

Beyond that a few glaring red flags exist that really snuff out my future enthusiasm for this classic version.

1) lack of communication from developers - Aside from here on the forums Kibbelz, I have yet to see/interact with any other GM solving issues with the game. Toxicity, racism rampant every now and again. 

2) Lack of manpower causing devs to fall back on automated reporting system - Have read stories and heard from people who have been shadowbanned and muted simply by being mass chat reported in LFG. Players are then not allowed to whisper others, OR join parties (since it works on a whisper system) --- but they can still post in LFG chat and talk to the world. How does this combat goldsellers? All I see is innocent players getting caught in the crossfire. GMs do not review these cases, only remedy them afterwards. 

3) Daeva pass. Cmon now. $30 daeva pass was a ridiculous price on release. It didn't even last a month. Most could argue the amount of consumables and coins were a massive advantage on fresh start. Fine, $30 somewhat justified.     -------------- Today, Daeva pass reset, The pass is exactly the same for month 2. Cost is still exactly the same. This is lazy and uninspired. No skins or cosmetics added. How about doing this instead to create revenue? 

5) Bots - Absolute nyerking nightmare. I have seen the same bot trains for weeks, same characters. I see them list hundreds of manas on the auction house showing me that they're still around. These things are so nyerking easy to spot and ban. Where's the action? 

4) Maintenance just now. 15 minutes prior to going down a quick message flashes. Everyone is given 15 minutes (what about those in instances?) The text notifies players to report to twitter/forums for estimated downtime. Come to the internet ---- guess what? ---- No notification posted, no information whatsoever. Why announce this in game then?

it all keeps coming back to absolute lack of manpower, preparation, communication and clarity is a huge red flag for the longevity of this classic release. 

Everyone can argue p2w, or candies, or server population, or mergers etc and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the ghosting of the developers is absolute madness.

This release feels like there's no life, love, or inspiration behind the project and it's doomed to refresh that goddamned battlepass every 23 days without changing until the game just bleeds out and dies.

How are we not roadmapping and communicating, and posting to twitter/in the forums, and sending in GMs in to the game to chat/censor/ban bots? 

Lack of communication with the developer...

Truth is simple , Aion game is finished , the developer works on something else , or a future game. Game development on Aion is done for classic. Developers don't work on a game when the game is finished they are sent to work on other projects. There is maintenance and bug fixes on their side but they maintain the game , not developing it.

Aion classic is simple to understand. It's a CASH COW. Aion was dead , and they found a way to milk more money out it. Marketing team run this game , not developer.

It's also my childhood game, my best MMO ... And yes I find it sad that decisions aren't taken from the best interest of the game , but clearly from the wallet perspective of the company and still ....  I think they made a terrible decision . Keeping a community active on a subscription model is far more money in the long term for a company than a couple hundred whales off a server buying candies. 

Bots ... they develop tools and anti program , basically they deal with bots away it doesn't cost them money. 1GM running zone everyday using FREECAM and TELEPORT tools would take them 2hour daily to keep server clean , but that a salary and Aion ... is not there for INVESTMENT , its a old game , its already made , JUST MILK IT and if it dies , restore new server and MILK IT again.

Free to play model is terrible.

A true Classic Aion would have been a subscription model for everyone , no cash shop period. LIKE IT USED TO BE

When games were made for fun and money was not in the equation , when games were about being happy from dropping something rare , when games were challenging and players felt rewarded from accomplishing something , this era is now gone. All you need is candies and honestly , make the game less good BY FAR. 

Still enjoy the game , still the best MMO to me with EverQuest Project 1999 to this day.

But it is SAD , and I think best way for CHANGE , is AVOID buying candies , AVOID buying the deava pass , pay your SUB.

Yeah nah it's just how it is take it or leave it, no amount of forum posts will fix any of the above issues because no one is present or listening, and it's not part of NCSoft's game plan.

You're right of course but the reality is NCsoft is only concerned with squeezing those last few drops of milk out of a thoroughly abused udder. After that, cow will be sent to the slaughterhouse. 

Personally I'm just here to enjoy what I can for the nostalgia value and then when that flame burns out I'll go do something else, like investing more into my real life hopefully 🤣

3 hours ago, Easycrow said:

Yeah nah it's just how it is take it or leave it, no amount of forum posts will fix any of the above issues because no one is present or listening, and it's not part of NCSoft's game plan.

You're right of course but the reality is NCsoft is only concerned with squeezing those last few drops of milk out of a thoroughly abused udder. After that, cow will be sent to the slaughterhouse. 

Personally I'm just here to enjoy what I can for the nostalgia value and then when that flame burns out I'll go do something else, like investing more into my real life hopefully 🤣

yeah exactly idk how long this is going to last but im here for a ride and when better things come out or something more interesting drops ill leave aion for good, who knows it might be new world or ashes that does it we will see

Well, for what its worth, its fun to go back to the beginning if just for a little while to re-explore old long lost terrain, once again craft for fun and personal gain and once again enjoy the antics of  twinks and high ranking enemies ganking the lower levels so they can feel oh so much better than everyone else.   It brings back the nostalgia of constantly looking over your back and at you radar and maps   to make sure you have the all clear.   Who knows how long it will last but it is what it is and we need to once again put on our big folks pants and Sally For...,  Sally Fo......,  SALLY FORTH!.

Archived