Event Harvester Equipment solution

Magikarp-DN

5 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

1.) I'd have to disagree with you on a some of this, if you consider this just due to the DPS, I wouldn't be surprised if they get disappointed with the results of the alliance at times. Each person, no matter what their class, has to put in individual and group effort, that may not be equal effort.

2.) leaders have to be able to give clear directions and also be able to manage the groups during the instance. Even in your example, depending upon the instance, you may want someone "move left" because they need to move out of range of a specific boss aoe  ,  which is for specific range. It's probably better for them to know that, you can macro that kind of reminder and  alert it- much less confusing..

concerning point 1) i don't see exactly where you disagree with me? 

and concerning point 2) i don't mean to be rude, but have you played outside of statics lately? or ran anything with me? 

just for a little example - you tell people: "hailstorm in 3 seconds get ready to move out of it." next thing happening 5 seconds later 2 pugs are dead because they didnt move at all. want me to spam a macro every second for it? get real

a specific instruction? "in 3 seconds move 25m at an 85° angle to the west." comon... really...

some people don't even get: "reflect - stop attacking" and you want to give them better instructions and spam macros for them if they can't even LISTEN on teamspeak? to me you sound like an unrealistic dreamer

28 minutes ago, Sofie-KT said:

concerning point 1) i don't see exactly where you disagree with me? 

and concerning point 2) i don't mean to be rude, but have you played outside of statics lately? or ran anything with me? 

just for a little example - you tell people: "hailstorm in 3 seconds get ready to move out of it." next thing happening 5 seconds later 2 pugs are dead because they didnt move at all. want me to spam a macro every second for it? get real

a specific instruction? "in 3 seconds move 25m at an 85° angle to the west." comon... really...

some people don't even get: "reflect - stop attacking" and you want to give them better instructions and spam macros for them if they can't even LISTEN on teamspeak? to me you sound like an unrealistic dreamer

Let me clarify some things for you:

1- why would I  have run anything with you since I'm posting for a chanter on DN and you're on KT? In any case, my argument applies to anyone running BOS,  not just your alliance.

2- An alliance is compose of more than just DPS.  It's facile to blame 90% of the DPS, i't actually hard to be a good leader. I do agree that a good/excellent alliance member should be familiar with the instance,   even so alliance leaders have the responsibility of ensuring that their instructions are clear and non-DPS roles can't slack.

3- There's no need for sarcasm ( -a specific instruction? "in 3 seconds move 25m at an 85° angle to the west." )  don't exaggerate - as I never stated that. If your new members are lost, and this happens repeatedly I stated that "move left" could be vague and if you knew that  you wanted them to move out of range of a specific kill, you could simply state that, plus the raneg. That's really not hard. If you have new people and want to succeed, on their first run, that's quite reasonable.

Of course, it's easier to to throw up your hands and saying "DPS sucks" - no wonder people quit.  

Before you call me an "unrealistic dreamer", and I've been quite happy since then. I've had some "first ever" kills , for example, I've been playing since closed beta- we had six pages  of boss mechanics to learn in my legion (Sunshine) when we did the first successful fight with Padmarska with 3 alliances. So no, I don't just dream - and I realize that it takes hard work and patience to get results.

Obviously NCsoft decided to allow "pay to win" to purchase end game instance gear.  No point debating about it because NCsoft already decided to do it.  And it isn't their first time either, they did it with DD gear too.  However, I can understand a desire for people to want to make the gear that was authentically obtained from running the instance different from the event.  My suggestion is to use a slightly different skin, if at all possible, to separate the two items.  Give them different colors (not the primary one controlled by dye, but secondary colors), or have one of them include an extra or missing feature.  So same stats, but slightly different skins.

9 hours ago, Calista-DN said:

1- why would I  have run anything with you since I'm posting for a chanter on DN and you're on KT? In any case, my argument applies to anyone running BOS,  not just your alliance.

2- An alliance is compose of more than just DPS.  It's facile to blame 90% of the DPS, i't actually hard to be a good leader. I do agree that a good/excellent alliance member should be familiar with the instance,   even so alliance leaders have the responsibility of ensuring that their instructions are clear and non-DPS roles can't slack.

3- There's no need for sarcasm ( -a specific instruction? "in 3 seconds move 25m at an 85° angle to the west." )  don't exaggerate - as I never stated that. If your new members are lost, and this happens repeatedly I stated that "move left" could be vague and if you knew that  you wanted them to move out of range of a specific kill, you could simply state that, plus the raneg. That's really not hard. If you have new people and want to succeed, on their first run, that's quite reasonable.

Of course, it's easier to to throw up your hands and saying "DPS sucks" - no wonder people quit.  

Before you call me an "unrealistic dreamer", and I've been quite happy since then. I've had some "first ever" kills , for example, I've been playing since closed beta- we had six pages  of boss mechanics to learn in my legion (Sunshine) when we did the first successful fight with Padmarska with 3 alliances. So no, I don't just dream - and I realize that it takes hard work and patience to get results.

1. Well, it was quite obvious that you didn't run with me before. The point was, that you assume things about how I lead that don't hit the nail home ;) Obviously I would explain things, but when push comes to shove (after explaining beforehand) people need to be able to get small commands like "stop dpsing". Nothing hard here. Even if you didn't explain anything beforehand: "Stop dpsing" means stop dpsing. Simple as that.

2. Of course an alliance is composed of more than just DPS and I agree that instructions need to be clear, but I don't see why you emphasize supporters here? 

3. Of course that instruction was exaggerated, thanks for noticing. Same as "move left, move right" was oversiimplified. But IF they are new to an instance that is around for several months and with several videos on youtube and some of them even explaining what to do, it can be expected that they watched a video once to get a general idea of what is going on, and when it is being explained in detail before a bossfight again that they actually listen and if they don't understand something to ask. We had it tons of times that we explained it beforehand, and then the new people failed and when we asked what happened they were like:

Example:
Me: "Why you didn't stop attacking even though we said to stop dpsing cuz boss had reflect up?"
New player xyz: "OMG I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NOONE EXPLAINED."
like...really?

4. I agree it is easy to say dps sucks. But if you got a full geared harvester gladi pulling 7-8k dps  in dualwield in a simple instance like AoE, where it is easy to get up to 11-12k as Gladi...It's not as if what I say is made up, I don't even wanna imagine what said Gladiator (who is just a prime example for a shitton of people who are the same) would pull without full Harvester gear. Maybe things are better on DN. On KT, or before on SL, things are horrendous at times

5. See you say it yourself. You had to learn six pages full of information regarding Padma before downing it. Watching a video and listening to TS3 before the boss fight commences, is not asked too much out of a "new" player. But most of the PUGs nowadays don't put in the least amount (listening on ts3 and asking questions if they don't understand something) of effort, and after having experienced that countless times, why should we bother about people who don't put in least amounts of effort themselves? And as I said, good people who can listen are known fast. Aion world shrank from several thousand players to maybe 1000 at top times.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:29 PM, Magikarp-DN said:

This is my unpopular opinion and suggestion to NCWest. @Cyan I want you to hear this

The problem: Since the Golden Dice event, it seems like all events will have Harvester Equipment as high end prizes. As someone who runs the Bastion of Souls instance I feel as if it undermines some of the exclusivity of running the instance to get the Harvester Equipment. And with the exclusivity gone, the incentive to run Bastion of Souls instance now is diminished. "Why run BoS when I can just buy the weapon for 600mil?"

Here is my unpopular opinion: I'm perfectly fine with the equipment being made more available this way. And it should continue to be made more available this way. This is a good move since now I can finally do my "adma 3 man for xp nid cleric" runs in fully decked out shining mythic sets. The availability of these boxes also eliminates the of randomness of getting the dagger and harp that STILL somehow never dropped  certain equipments to drop normally. All of these reasons are great.

The pessimist in me: Since everyone already has the Harvester Equipment, what reason is there to run the instance now? Well, in 5.8 the equipment can be upgraded to a new set using new materials only available in patch 5.8 that drop from the instance. Since these current events practically excrete Harvester boxes, the biggest incentive to actually run Bastion of Souls comes in patch 5.8 which is still a few months away. Until then, why run it if we're already maxed geared? (but by no means is the instance not worth running now, you can still get plenty of Minion Contracts, Essence Cores, and extra Harvester Equipments for example).

My solution: To better reward the people who can put in the time to run the instance now, It would be lovely to see the runs we complete now count towards those runs needed to upgrade the equipment in 5.8. One way I can see this done is for NCwest to keep logs of those players who complete the instance and give them the upgrade materials after 5.8 hits. (though I'm not even sure if it's normal mode or hard mode that even drops the upgrade materials since I'm not Korean).

same thing in less words tl;dr: Everyone has Harvester gear from events so there's no reason to run Bastion of Souls instance until it starts giving us the upgrade materials in 5.8. I want the runs we do now to count towards upgrading the gear in future 5.8 patch.

for those of you that run the instance what are your thoughts on this? Is this something you want to see?

for those who have no idea what is going on: https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Enhanced_Ancient_Fallusha's_Set

This would be a good idea if you actually beat hard mode but you don't

Archived