Forums

Just offer Merge or xfers already. 100% exp event killed Ishraphel

Xenosys

15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

People are not statistical data or just numbers that fill servers

Every person who chose Siel did it because it was going to be populated and/or because they were from original Siel and/or because their friends were there already. If Siel people couldn't play on Siel they would have never played Classic and this was made clear in many posts when they implemented the Siel Asmodian creation lock for a few days and then they had to open it again in specific hours and then have it open all times.

Both servers were far more populated during the first days, something put players off and most quit and the lower population led to multiplying the problem of population imbalance.

"They want me to pay a sub for a 10 year old game".  It wouldn't take a lot of work to find the forum posts complaining about the sub, and there are still people daily complaining that it's not F2P in game.  I'd bet both servers saw a drop off in population when the free trial ended.

The irony here, of course, is that all of the Elyos that some of the Israphel Asmos are so terrified of will also be transferred in a merge.  I wonder, what will they want it merged with then?  I mean, I saw a lot of "I can't grind AP because there's Elyos, and I might get killed" in chat yesterday, before I logged out and went to the lake.  I wonder what happens when they still can't?  What happens when the Siel Asmos tell them to fend for themselves, or to L2PvP?  It's made even more ironic by the "quality" of some of the Elyos these players are so terrified of.  A Chanter that went AFK by an Asmo questing area in the Abyss. another that attacked me, while I was talking to a guard for a quest turn in, and one with "run to the guards" so deeply ingrained in their psyche that they tried to run to our guards to save their AP.  That's just the ones I've seen in the last few days in the abyss, and the last in Morheim.

Yeah, a merge isn't going to "save" them.  It could make it worse.  Meanwhile, I'll continue collecting the tears.  I used to prefer Elyos tears for the salt, but salt is salt, and it's summer here, and I'm planning on attending lots of BBQs.  

1 hour ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

"They want me to pay a sub for a 10 year old game".  It wouldn't take a lot of work to find the forum posts complaining about the sub, and there are still people daily complaining that it's not F2P in game.  I'd bet both servers saw a drop off in population when the free trial ended.

The irony here, of course, is that all of the Elyos that some of the Israphel Asmos are so terrified of will also be transferred in a merge.  I wonder, what will they want it merged with then?  I mean, I saw a lot of "I can't grind AP because there's Elyos, and I might get killed" in chat yesterday, before I logged out and went to the lake.  I wonder what happens when they still can't?  What happens when the Siel Asmos tell them to fend for themselves, or to L2PvP?  It's made even more ironic by the "quality" of some of the Elyos these players are so terrified of.  A Chanter that went AFK by an Asmo questing area in the Abyss. another that attacked me, while I was talking to a guard for a quest turn in, and one with "run to the guards" so deeply ingrained in their psyche that they tried to run to our guards to save their AP.  That's just the ones I've seen in the last few days in the abyss, and the last in Morheim.

Yeah, a merge isn't going to "save" them.  It could make it worse.  Meanwhile, I'll continue collecting the tears.  I used to prefer Elyos tears for the salt, but salt is salt, and it's summer here, and I'm planning on attending lots of BBQs.  

I never complained about the sub and that quote "They want me to pay a sub for a 10 year old game" is defo not from me unless I understood your post wrongly (or you quoted the wrong person)

People didn't leave because of the 15$ sub, as a matter of fact I and many of my friends won't play Classic because it is not a sub-only game. We left because of the free-to-bot and the p2w addition to it. The only people who complained about the sub were people that never requested classic because whoever requested it also added the subscription-only model. People who do not like the subscription are from SA that they cannot afford it.

My post was about the population imbalance and the fact someone thought that if they blocked people from playing on Siel that somehow magically Israphel would have been alive, which is not true.

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I never complained about the sub and that quote "They want me to pay a sub for a 10 year old game" is defo not from me unless I understood your post wrongly (or you quoted the wrong person)

People didn't leave because of the 15$ sub, as a matter of fact I and many of my friends won't play Classic because it is not a sub-only game. We left because of the free-to-bot and the p2w addition to it. The only people who complained about the sub were people that never requested classic because whoever requested it also added the subscription-only model. People who do not like the subscription are from SA that they cannot afford it.

My post was about the population imbalance and the fact someone thought that if they blocked people from playing on Siel that somehow magically Israphel would have been alive, which is not true.

It's the reason the population dropped in the first week, players wanted a look at what was being offered, got that look, and moved on.

What you and your friends do is not representative of anything but what you and your friends do.  I didn't bother to locate any complaint posts, and I'm not going to.  There's plenty to be found, and plenty of daily complaints that someone has to pay to get their drops, or to be able to gather, after their daily trial runs out.  Denial won't change that.  The other side to this is, of course, anyone like me, that didn't even know this was coming until it came across our social media feeds.

Now I missed the siege last night, I was at the lake.  I notice, however, that this morning, when I logged in, we had taken both Siel forts.  Even assuming the Elyos let us take them, there was enough turn out to be able to do so.  I don't know what actually transpired, as I said, I wasn't there, but it's not looking all that bad, or it wasn't.

20 minutes ago, Ashlayna-DN said:

It's the reason the population dropped in the first week, players wanted a look at what was being offered, got that look, and moved on.

What you and your friends do is not representative of anything but what you and your friends do.  I didn't bother to locate any complaint posts, and I'm not going to.  There's plenty to be found, and plenty of daily complaints that someone has to pay to get their drops, or to be able to gather, after their daily trial runs out.  Denial won't change that.  The other side to this is, of course, anyone like me, that didn't even know this was coming until it came across our social media feeds.

Now I missed the siege last night, I was at the lake.  I notice, however, that this morning, when I logged in, we had taken both Siel forts.  Even assuming the Elyos let us take them, there was enough turn out to be able to do so.  I don't know what actually transpired, as I said, I wasn't there, but it's not looking all that bad, or it wasn't.

AION was originally a P2P game for a long time after its launch. This is a classic server, the majority of people playing classic for nostalgia were people who played during and after launch. It follows that they are going to be fine with a P2P model for the game since that's how it was with classic Aion. The typical Aion classic player has a problem with the P2W elements in the game that would be even worse if it was full F2P.

Personally I don't think the level of P2W at the moment is game breaking. I work 50-60 hours a week and like being able to spend a bit of money to catch up to other players. But I can understand why many players have a problem with AION Classic business model being the worst elements of both F2P and P2P.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:04 AM, Arthars said:

Seige is something thats very specific who can/want to attend because of commitment and also most importantly, timezone. NA itself have EST and PST and here we also have another problem in classic where EU also dimed in which makes seiges attendance fluctuate ALOT. Honestly i dont mind if the elyos is 2:1 us, honestly thats fine as long people attend and lvl up, it will still be fine, fun and competitive.

However like Xeno said, this double XP event ruined it all. Our top legion in asmo all left for siels and many followed suit. Our legion "Worry" is just staying here having a good time in the game, doing wat we can and chilling. We are NEVER wanting to be the top legion because we are all FF14 and twitch community. We play Aion cos of nostalgia and also killing time before Endwalker (FF14 expansion) and we cannot possibly be here all the time and we dont ever consider ourslves the "main force"

The fact that we are top right now says alot of our faction. We aint supposed to lead , altho we can but thats not what we started out to want to be. We are the midcore legion to act as a support. But with the sudden shift of population of our faction to Siels, this become a huge problem because this exactly shows how bad the situation is.

This problem magnifies into the PUG scene. No one literally can even pug anything efficiently around the clock. Our legion is lucky enough to have people rotating dungeons but i cannot imagine how bad it is for the fdaction in general.
Luckily in 1.2 it "doesnt matter" but this is also the best period for the admin, dev to look into what can make the server better, or even the community as a whole. I dont expect the merge to happen anytime soon but xfer has to be on the table soon.

Lastly i wanna stress, this is NOT the Elyos fault. They have a right number of people to be in a decent server but its just the people leaving our side to siels during the double XP campaign ruining everything.....

Agreed w everything here. And im an IS-E

17 hours ago, Sundial said:

AION was originally a P2P game for a long time after its launch. This is a classic server, the majority of people playing classic for nostalgia were people who played during and after launch. It follows that they are going to be fine with a P2P model for the game since that's how it was with classic Aion. The typical Aion classic player has a problem with the P2W elements in the game that would be even worse if it was full F2P.

Personally I don't think the level of P2W at the moment is game breaking. I work 50-60 hours a week and like being able to spend a bit of money to catch up to other players. But I can understand why many players have a problem with AION Classic business model being the worst elements of both F2P and P2P.

I played from the 2nd closed beta, and my sub was active when the game went F2P, you can be pretty sure, I know the game was P2P...  This brings me back to my original point on the matter though, "they expect me to pay a sub for a 10 year old game".  Unlike those with an agenda, I don't presume to know what drove the hundreds of players away that have left since this launched.  So far it's "they left because candy" or "they left because server imbalance", I'm sure there's more.  What they won't tell us is "they left because they got tired of all the crying in LFG".  I consider myself a "typical" Classic player, I mean, when I learned about it, nostalgia kicked in, and I came to see what was being offered.  My Retail playing days were spent on Elyos dominated servers, so the "imbalance" is also a part of that experience.  I'm used to seeing a blob of Asmos suddenly appear at a teleporter when someone links a pigeon in chat, something that's fairly common here, where players suddenly realize "hey, I have to stroke my pet, and complain about how we need a server merge".

Archived