Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ

Arctic

I don't want to sound like I'm QQ'ing but why is this merge not being handled like all other merges? We are not a brand new server that was made bc you thought you needed another server. We are also alot of old players. How is it fair to reset one server and not the other? I don't understand the logic behind it. So if someone is playing KT and has a bunch of "payable" properties for all their chars and is still active? While someone from DN who's played over the 10 years had a mansion since they came out had to rebuy it for at least two merges already, won't have a chance? bc you won't reset the other server housing as well? lol

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, when I heard we were getting Classic, I was convinced I would only need the 30 day pass to play around a bit and explore the old maps, that kind of thing. I truly thought I would still main Aion retail. But as beautiful as Aion is, and despite all of the quality of life improvements, Classic just has better core gameplay. I have spent the past month being sad and bitter about the state of Aion by comparison- I want to play Haniya and have just as much fun, but I'm... not. I figured I would wait it out and see if things got better, and enjoy my skins and interior decorating in the meantime. But there goes that plan!

Like, I know people treat me like I'm stupid for caring about housing as much as I do, but this merge is such BS. From day one, I had the impossible dream of owning a house. Hell, I met Aria on the night of the Tiamat server merge while mourning the loss of my little house in Palmcrest. The fact that I have a beautifully decorated estate next door to hers is incredibly special to me. We've gone through so much together and now it's all going to be gone. Meanwhile KT isn't losing a damn thing, and their economy is so inflated that even if DN people get their auction fees back, we're not going to be able to afford anything. 

Enough people have commented on how completely bogus it is for us to be losing our names. I don't care if someone with an alt has signed in during the last year- NO one is actively maining our names. Haniya, Aelar, Bjorn, etc- there's no KT equivalent and you all nyerking know it.

This whole merge is being handled like hot garbage, and I hope catering to the KT cheaters and whales is worthwhile. 

How about you stop complaining about KT and try to come up with a constructive post include some proposals to move forward ? Asking to nyerk up someone else cause you are not getting what you want is kinda childish.

I would agree housing needs to reset for everyone especially given there are few KT people holding houses for years and they don even log anymore.

However, every time I read something in like of "I am loosing stuff make the others loose as well " I am kinda like welp ***k this.

You should unite and campaign to keep your names similar to what has happened before.

You should campaign to find a fair solution about houses since you care so much .

You should campaign for anything that you think it is appropriate to take care of your moving.

BUT by no means it is acceptable to trying to nyerk others over cause you aint getting what you want.

We are not trying to "nyerk" you guys over but all merges in the past were fair have you not been there for them? did you not read in this topic? the post linked from 2017? I'm not trying to mess up people from KT...It is about fairness for all.

if it was turned around and the same thing was happening to KT? Guess what I would post and say I'd want it fair both to reset names and housing. 100%

5 minutes ago, Malloc-KT said:

How about you stop complaining about KT and try to come up with a constructive post include some proposals to move forward ? Asking to nyerk up someone else cause you are not getting what you want is kinda childish.

For the name issue, go with this; Anyone that has been inactive for 30 days or more looses their name, OR  whoever created their character and selected the name FIRST should get to keep it...cause you know that'd be fair. Same should go for housing, those that have owned their housing for the longest should be rewarded for being veteran players. Just an idea....  Also NCsoft should REFUND Ncoin to any player that looses wallpaper/flooring that was purchased for IRL $. 

3 minutes ago, Sabs-DN said:

We are not trying to "nyerk" you guys over but all merges in the past were fair have you not been there for them? did you not read in this topic? the post linked from 2017? I'm not trying to mess up people from KT...It is about fairness for all.

if it was turned around and the same thing was happening to KT? Guess what I would post and say I'd want it fair both to reset names and housing. 100%

Sure campaign for that.

I have lost names in the past as well and I understand how important it may be. I am one of the lucky ones that got to keep my main name all the way since 2012. But I have lost my alts names to bots and I could see the bot logging to do SAS.

All I am saying is bring the forum down to demand to be treated in the right way and most of will stand with you but dont try to pull others down. The problem is with NC and how they handle it not with the remaining KT players.

Wtf.... why Kt server need to be compensated when is Danaria the one who is losing all?  They keep Names , Legions Names , Housing .. everything, and over that need to be compensated? When Danaria have the same time active , why you dont do this equially ? or opening a New server for both to be Merged on that and doing it fair and equally? . If you are doing this **** you at least need to compensated Danaria for all this **** like you did With the old Ereshkigal server and reset the names/housing for everyone. 

Back when we had our very first server merges, characters were given a tag at the end of their name to identify where they came from.  So when the first round if dust settled I was AshaLM, coming from Lumiel.  Perhaps that would be a way for people to keep their names.  Just add DN or KT to everyone.   I actually liked how this worked.  Everyond got to keep their names...  until the next round of merges.  I kept the LM on all of my toons and was sad to see it turn to launch codes in later patches.

Also, housing could be instanced or add new areas.  

Devs have this weird idea of limiting digital content when they could literally be making so much more.   I would blow my budget  on the right skins and home decor.   Seems silly youre usually only getting 20/month out of me when Im literally begging to have reasons to spend more 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, Amarah-KT said:

Back when we had our very first server merges, characters were given a tag at the end of their name to identify where they came from.  So when the first round if dust settled I was AshaLM, coming from Lumiel.  Perhaps that would be a way for people to keep their names.  Just add DN or KT to everyone.   I actually liked how this worked.  Everyond got to keep their names...  until the next round of merges.  I kept the LM on all of my toons and was sad to see it turn to launch codes in later patches.

Also, housing could be instanced or add new areas.  

Devs have this weird idea of limiting digital content when they could literally be making so much more.   I would blow my budget  on the right skins and home decor.   Seems silly youre usually only getting 20/month out of me when Im literally begging to have reasons to spend more 🤷‍♀️

This... This is an more understandable compromise

8 hours ago, Bjorn-DN said:

Nicknames first come first served my ass.. if someone get my main nickname I gonna obliterate NC Support with tickets to have my nickname back until I got perma banned or my name back... I own this nyerking nickname for f*cking 10 years.

The decision about the houses is lame as well.. the most honest behavior would be reset all the houses for everyone.

@Kibbelz i really hope I don't get my nickname stole too!
Some freaking boo stole it on classic servers and afterall i was ok with it because i've quit in a few days lol

But i don't want to lose this nickname here on KT.

Also most of this merge faq is TL;DR: fuk and screw danaria people

@Kibbelz plsssss !!!!!!!!!!!

This is not right!

I have my legion name and my nick for many years , since 3.0 , it is not right to lose it because of a bad idea of you , the correct thing is to do as last time , who has more time with the name is what do you have the right to maintain it , because only the DN should be affected in this ?
this is unbelievable .

when I think that this game no longer surprises me with bad things , I see that I am wrong because it always gets worse coming from you

@Kibbelz and @Loki

Can we please get some feedback on these issues? I agree things should be made fair for everyone, however many of us need to know that item collections will be transferred over to KT because there's a lot of time and resources spent there.

Players from DN should be receiving the same treatment as those from KT and not be treated as secondary players. Period regardless of other "qualities" that were taken into consideration.

This should be a case study for how to kill a game franchise.  This merger serves no purpose except to kill off the game further.  Renting an AWS machine isn't more than $40~50/mo for the grade needed to run this game, if that.  They'll lose more than that in cash shoppers that quit because of the merge.  There's no customer service in-game to speak of, so it doesn't save in human resources cost by maintaining a second server.

I played another mmo before coming here, called Perfect World International.  It's not even 1/10 as good a game as Aion (in my opinion).  I quit about 8 years ago, I think, and started playing Aion.  I have gone back to visit old friends and look around.  After being gone 8 years, it's busier than Aion, all of the maps are still there and important in the game, my gear is still relevant, and my crafting materials horde is still valuable.  There have been a lot of improvements, added content, and better gear, but the power creep has been slow and more about things like runes and character stat improvements than armor/weapons.  In 8 years of playing Aion, I've never once come close to capping out my gear potential of a single set of anything, except a sword and shield, before my gear was obsolete.   I stopped making any effort to keep my gear up after 6.x

If Aion developers had all fallen off the Earth before 4.8 was released, I think the game would still be busy, PVP would still be fun, people would still be spending money trying to +20 their accs with tempering solutions;  I would still be sneaking away from work at 4pm for an hour to do Tia sieges, and staying up way too late farming aether and katalium while I watched Sywo's Aion videos on Youtube.  It's sad that a non-stop chain of bad decisions killed a great game.

I guess this is a cue to check out the Betas on Amazon Games of New World and Lost Ark.

16 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Q: My character is on Katalam. What happens to me? 

A: Characters on Katalam at the time of the merge will keep their character name and housing. If you have Asmodian and Elyos characters on the same server after the merge, you will be unable to create more characters until only one race is present.  

The following Q&A applies to characters on Danaria ONLY: 

: What happens to my character name? 

A: Character names on Danaria will be randomized and affected characters will receive a name change ticket. Names are first-come, first-served.  

KT people be like

giphy.gif

Meanwhile DN People who mostly asked for merge be like
tyhrngisvqv31.png

4 hours ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

Let me see the future....

Kibbelz one day before merge when we finally get a reply: 

Kibbelz: Sorry guys we cannot pivot on this one too and we cant change nothing. 

What's the point playing this game then ? İf they don't care what you are thinking and they don't even respond to you.

1 hour ago, One said:

What's the point playing this game then ? İf they don't care what you are thinking and they don't even respond to you.

Yea thats Exactly why most of the people are leaving the game and if you support nc by not caring about what the remainings loyal players have to say i will be the next for sure , because i never said i hate the game , if i am still here is because i love the game and i still want and hope them to hear us.

And i just said that only to be Sarcastic. 

4 minutes ago, ErzaScarletxFT said:

Yea thats Exactly why most of the people are leaving the game and if you support nc by not caring about what the remainings loyal players have to say i will be the next for sure , because i never said i hate the game , if i am still here is because i love the game and i still want and hope them to hear us.

And i just said that only to be Sarcastic. 

Yeah i got it but  i wouldn't be surprised if they do like that. I love the game too but i can't say same thing for management. How can they decide to do merge like this ? Its so unfair. I don't want people to lose their name, i mean who still play this game. They shouldn't think people who don't play this game anymore. All names should be randomized and if someone loses their name, they need to help them get their name back. And housing should be reset too, it will be very difficult for us to buy  mansion or estate.

They did say they will reset names for all players that haven't logged since October 24th 2019... I say they should make this reset for players that haven't logged the last 6 months at least.

Untitled.png

October 24th 2019 is like almost 1 year and 9 months ago or something.

14 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

For the name issue, go with this; Anyone that has been inactive for 30 days or more looses their name, OR  whoever created their character and selected the name FIRST should get to keep it...cause you know that'd be fair. Same should go for housing, those that have owned their housing for the longest should be rewarded for being veteran players. Just an idea....  Also NCsoft should REFUND Ncoin to any player that looses wallpaper/flooring that was purchased for IRL $. 

That is indeed far more fair. This would have happened if all DN and KT people were originally from one server as they will be from now on. So if this merge happens we should treat the new KT as a server that existed as long as both server did and thus give priority to "first serve first come".

Or they could do the name randomizer for people who didn't play the last months not since october 24th 2019!!!

How is someone not playing the game for more than 1 month more important than someone who plays the game every day and just happened to be in a dead server (and that dead server is because of mismanagement of NCWest)

15 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

Enough people have commented on how completely bogus it is for us to be losing our names. I don't care if someone with an alt has signed in during the last year- NO one is actively maining our names. Haniya, Aelar, Bjorn, etc- there's no KT equivalent and you all nyerking know it.

👏👏👏

There is a Hellish-KT who, according to MyAion, has not done literally a single thing within the past couple years. So Hellish will lose his name that he has ACTIVELY mained for 5+ years to some alt who has never actually done anything in game. But hey, whatever is fair for KT, right? 🤷‍♀️

38 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

How is someone not playing the game for more than 1 month more important than someone who plays the game every day and just happened to be in a dead server (and that dead server is because of mismanagement of NCWest)

YES. Exactly. Thank you.

Well I'm going to go ahead and make a Poll. I'm counting on support from both DN and KT players here. I'm proposing that all players from DN should be allowed to petition for name ownership for their main toon. I'm losing other names, but I think everyone agrees that losing the name of your main toon is blatantly unfair.

Please vote!

Archived