Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ

Arctic

42 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I don’t think it’s because KT is favored, they just want to reduce the amount of work for them after merge, with name conflict. So instead of resetting all, they decided to reset only 1 server with a lower population and this is DN.

They ARE favored and you can't tell me otherwise. It was KT that brought all the issues with Luna and NCWest had to force-change it to prevent crashes, but when those crashes happened, people enjoyed nearly daily reset on instances and other stuff. It's like 1 kid on class causing trouble so the teacher punishes the whole class for it.

It's still UNFAIR, regardless what KT stans say, regarding housing. One server gets to keep their houses, but the other does not. Only NCWest can come up with this shite ideology and say it's fine.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kibbelz It doesn't look bad for names now. But you should make some changes for housing too. It will be to hard to get mansion or essence for us.

And you still didn't say anything for item collections.

This not important but i am just wondering what's going to happen to battle ground servers ?

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

They ARE favored and you can't tell me otherwise. It was KT that brought all the issues with Luna and NCWest had to force-change it to prevent crashes, but when those crashes happened, people enjoyed nearly daily reset on instances and other stuff. It's like 1 kid on class causing trouble so the teacher punishes the whole class for it.

It's still UNFAIR, regardless what KT stans say, regarding housing. One server gets to keep their houses, but the other does not. Only NCWest can come up with this shite ideology and say it's fine.

I am on the side of DN people when it comes to unfair treatment from ncsoft, but I have zero sympathy for the ones who are attacking KT server and KT players and blaming us for your issues. You mentioned you are not playing live servers anymore, what makes you so concerned ? Again, the KT weekly bug issue was already discussed many times, and it was DN who enjoyed it most because they got instances reset without having their server bugged for hours. You probably didn’t know this since you are not playing.

13 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I am on the side of DN people when it comes to unfair treatment from ncsoft, but I have zero sympathy for the ones who are attacking KT server and KT players and blaming us for your issues. You mentioned you are not playing live servers anymore, what makes you so concerned ? Again, the KT weekly bug issue was already discussed many times, and it was DN who enjoyed it most because they got instances reset without having their server bugged for hours. You probably didn’t know this since you are not playing.

I wasn't playing, but I'm always looking at forums. Stop being so overprotective of NCWest because they gonna swoop your ass just like they always do with everyone else. Since you clearly didn't read my post above, even if I did play, I'd be pissed over losing my mansion whereas someone on KT doesn't. This unfairness affects those remaining little players on DN who actually also have houses.

15 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Okay, so first I wanna say thanks for all your feedback.

We know that although this server consolidation will improve the gameplay experience, there will be unavoidable consequences. One consequence we are seeing wide discussion on is from players who could possibly lose their names. What we would like to do is try to ensure that those who secure coveted names are the most deserving of them - whether through seniority or hours played, or some combination of these two factors.

With that in mind, we have updated the FAQ to include the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will Name Conflicts be Handled?
If a player wishes to keep a name of theirs which is already owned by another player, they can submit a Support Ticket.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and assign the future ownership of a name based on the following:

• Are both characters level 80+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, Support will use their discretion to award ownership based upon the age of the character and the total time played (provided the character is still active).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will Legion Name Conflicts be Handled?
A: Customer Support will assist players with legion name ownership disputes. Legion names conflicts will be awarded based upon Support's discretion, factoring in the level of the Legion (provided the Brigade General and members are still active).

This is still stupid.

I don’t know why people bootlick Ncsoft the second they get their CM to do their basic job and give some phony, buttery compromise that still helps no one.

Anyone that plays Aion for years knows how lazy and unfair GMs that handle support tickets can be based on their daily mood. Asking players to go out of their way to “fight for their name” instead of just doing it the basic fair strategy that has happened in ALL server merges where everyone gets fair game into every name. This isn’t even counting the fact that this does nothing to qualm the housing unfairness.

There’s no reason to merge the servers this way, you guys just can’t buckle down and do things the way someone with common sense would do. 

@Kibbelz I know you’re a CM and you have no power over what is actually implemented in the game, but come on man the “unavoidable consequences” you mention are LITERALLY avoidable if you guys just implement a standard server merge. Unless of course there’s other factors as to why the team won’t do it, and in that case it’s your job to give us that transparency. If you can’t do even that then stop using sugarcoaty phrases that make no sense just to defend an inept group of developers. 

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

With that in mind, we have updated the FAQ to include the following:

Q: How will Name Conflicts be Handled?
If a player wishes to keep a name of theirs which is already owned by another player, they can submit a Support Ticket.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and assign the future ownership of a name based on the following:

• Are both characters level 80+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, Support will use their discretion to award ownership based upon the age of the character and the total time played (provided the character is still active).

Much better, thank you!

13 hours ago, Cute-DN said:

hey kibblez so you updated policy but your support still says otherwise. thats the ticket from just few hours ago , they are still saying  same automated reply. is your post just another bunch of lies or what? @KibbelzMiysOAL.png

As usual, the support staff doesn't know much about what's going on. 😂

11 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

They favor the populated server. If DN was populated and KT not, they would transfer KT people to DN.

It is not fair for DN people but you all come aggressive against KT players here. Which is exactly what happened when the server bug occurred. You were all vocal to get free reset as well, when you got them nobody came to speak in favor of KT players that had their server bugged for a whole day at times losing sieges and entries. There were times the server would bug before the daily reset and we couldn't get a free reset as well while you got it. Whenever something serves you you do not speak, when you feel that it doesn't, you go against KT players.

You are alienating us with your behavior.

6 minutes ago, Titan said:

They favor the populated server. If DN was populated and KT not, they would transfer KT people to DN.

It is not fair for DN people but you all come aggressive against KT players here. Which is exactly what happened when the server bug occurred. You were all vocal to get free reset as well, when you got them nobody came to speak in favor of KT players that had their server bugged for a whole day at times losing sieges and entries. There were times the server would bug before the daily reset and we couldn't get a free reset as well while you got it. Whenever something serves you you do not speak, when you feel that it doesn't, you go against KT players.

You are alienating us with your behavior.

And what is noteworthy that none of those loudmouths are active players, they all mention themselves that they quit or just stop playing.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

And what is noteworthy that none of those loudmouths are active players, they all mention themselves that they quit or just stop playing.

We are not even against them in the DN merge to KT. They always see it as DN vs KT in their heads.

Are they accusing us for keeping KT alive unlike they did with DN? We did nothing wrong, we didn't choose this merge and if I remember it was ALWAYS DN people asking for a merge because DN was empty. Now they get a transfer and hate KT players as if we made the options for the transfer.

Funny thing is that DN people were indeed asking for transfers and many people have quit because it never happened and they had to stick to the dead server. This merge is a little too late I say.

As for housing, most KT players also cannot have a good house because many people keep houses of themselves and alts and don't even play anymore, the fee is so minimal that they can keep paying it for years without playing at all.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

Funny thing is that DN people were indeed asking for transfers and many people have quit because it never happened and they had to stick to the dead server. This merge is a little too late I say.

I know a few DN players who even made another account on KT and invested in it a lot because DN was dead and transfers were closed.

16 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I know a few DN players who even made another account on KT and invested in it a lot because DN was dead and transfers were closed.

I had a friend who came from DN too, he deleted 1 of the DN characters to make one in KT but didn't want to delete the others because they were geared and still helped in a way. He would log into DN server to get luna with the alts  because it is for the whole account and do events when there was an account-wide reward like transforms. But he main the KT player. There were plenty of transforms in his account so he wouldn't make a new account.

He would be happy with this merge but sadly he quit playing a few months ago.

21 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

As for housing, most KT players also cannot have a good house because many people keep houses of themselves and alts and don't even play anymore, the fee is so minimal that they can keep paying it for years without playing at all.

A housing reset makes so much sense and would be a lot of fun. What a huge benefit to both servers. Everyone gets a chance! It would also be nice to see the marketplace stocked with the housing items people have been requesting to decorate their homes with for so long. Cabinets, wallpapers and flooring, blooms, and chocolate houses. @Kibbelz 

4 minutes ago, Poe said:

A housing reset makes so much sense and would be a lot of fun. What a huge benefit to both servers. Everyone gets a chance! It would also be nice to see the marketplace stocked with the housing items people have been requesting to decorate their homes with for so long. Cabinets, wallpapers and flooring, blooms, and chocolate houses. @Kibbelz 

I could possibly not be able to keep my estate because I would have to outbid for one and frankly I probably wouldn't be able to do against people who have tenths of billions.

That is because after they nerfed the afk-luna and removed the bundle I haven't made almost any kinah at all since I am not going to go around killing 50 mobs for every char to get the s-rank pouch and hope to get the recipe and hope to get more than 5m per box. But I see a lot of chars doing the 50-kill and many people have a lot of billions due to that.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I could possibly not be able to keep my estate because I would have to outbid for one, because after they nerfed the afk-luna and removed the bundle I haven't made any kinah since I am not going to go around killing 50 mobs for every char to get the s-rank pouch and hope to get the recipe and hope to get more than 5m. But I see a lot of chars doing the 50-kill and many people have a lot of billions due to that.

Speaking of kinah boxes, if before luna nerf, legit players were able to farm luna on 12 alts with daily instance afk and craft them, now this is reserved EXCLUSIVELY for bots. Because no one will go and kill 50 mobs on 12 alts every day. I'm doing it on 1-2 characters a day and the luna I farm I use for other purposes (like instance reset, luna ress and retune). That was really one of the worst decisions NC has made.

11 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Speaking of kinah boxes, if before luna nerf, legit players were able to farm luna on 12 alts with daily instance afk and craft them, now this is reserved EXCLUSIVELY for bots. Because no one will go and kill 50 mobs on 12 alts every day. I'm doing it on 1-2 characters a day and the luna I farm I use for other purposes (like instance reset, luna ress and retune). That was really one of the worst decisions NC has made.

Of course any limitation they implement for bots, they end up hurting actual players more than bots.

They thought that instead of being afk in luna, killing 50 mobs per day would be harder for bots but actual players could still do it... not sure which universe they come from but in our universe it is the other way around.

They should have removed the kinah box recipe if they wanted to prevent luna from bugging the server.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:53 AM, Falcy-DN said:

No. Absolutely not. Do not under any circumstances give any special treatment to Katalam. They don't deserve to keep their character names or their housing. If Danaria is getting reset, reset Katalam as well. There's no excuse for that bullocks. 

Wow its like Aion and NCsoft staff are devoid of logic. 

13 hours ago, Lurona said:

Are they accusing us for keeping KT alive unlike they did with DN? We did nothing wrong, we didn't choose this merge and if I remember it was ALWAYS DN people asking for a merge because DN was empty. Now they get a transfer and hate KT players as if we made the options for the transfer.

No one is mad or upset about the actual server merge. They’re upset because of HOW the merge is being handled which is undeniably unfair. I think everyone agreed that a server merge was needed. 

I don’t agree with people blaming KT for the way it’s being handled because I personally don’t think they have anything to do with it. But you have to agree that it’s stupid to force one server to give things up and not the other server. Also I don’t think you can blame DN for “not keeping it alive” when that’s not in our control either.

Being DN or being KT doesnt matter. BOTH server should be RESETED because of fairness on names and housing matters. I will fight for my mains no matter what, even because it depends on the player. He/She may have stop playing, may have less hours logged, no matter. The time and feeling dedicated to the game is diferent on each one of us. So in case of name conflit the ELDEST character should get the name but for that need to request support. Some ppl like to pop in game just to keep the memories alive, others are just simply dont giving a nierk anymore.

I dont have much time to play as i had when i started aion, so sometimes i am out of game for long periods. But i still have my memories and time and work on my characters. And i used to have mansions, but when i realised i was less time playing, i desided to let them go. Less playing also means less kinah incoming so it was alot more fair for all (me and others) to just let them go.

Even all this being said, I want to keep my names, my memories, all that are conected to whom i am or was in aion history.

3 hours ago, Bread-DN said:

Also I don’t think you can blame DN for “not keeping it alive” when that’s not in our control either.

I can't believe that was even suggested. NCWEST is in charge of balancing the server population, not the players. The merge is because they failed to keep people engaged with fresh content and constantly shoved P2W events that marginalized the casual player. Most DN players have moved on to Classic, which again, is NCWEST's fault for opening a classic server when they couldn't even properly manage the ones they already had. Now Classic is on the verge of a merge and it's only been open a number of weeks. Let's stop blaming each other for their mismanagement.

6 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

I can't believe that was even suggested. NCWEST is in charge of balancing the server population, not the players. The merge is because they failed to keep people engaged with fresh content and constantly shoved P2W events that marginalized the casual player. Most DN players have moved on to Classic, which again, is NCWEST's fault for opening a classic server when they couldn't even properly manage the ones they already had. Now Classic is on the verge of a merge and it's only been open a number of weeks. Let's stop blaming each other for their mismanagement.

I might be wrong on that but my understanding is that DN suffered from the "nyerk" legion(s) decease, those elitists like Team Para and maybe a couple more that were hogging all the world bosses and were all about griefing others. Which in turn lead to people leaving on both sides. Again, i might be wrong on that since i wasnt playing there, just what i heard.

Archived