Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ

Arctic

54 minutes ago, MinakoAino-DN said:

Well, on the bright side, at least there can't be any more merges after this 🤣

Transfering people from retail to classic server could be interesting. You know, giving a max level character with certain gear, kinah and some compensation. Unlikely, but interesting.

I see this merge a good practice if eventually classic servers get merged.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Yolento said:

Transfering people from retail to classic server could be interesting. You know, giving a max level character with certain gear, kinah and some compensation. Unlikely, but interesting.

I see this merge a good practice if eventually classic servers get merged.

It would be interesting to see how they could merge the two, and what gear compensation retail would get going down to classic.

I don't have much skin in the game anymore though.  I fell off when they decided to make all old gear completely obsolete.  And not in the sense of there being just new gear and such.  I mean, the one patch that literally made all old gear completely obsolete.  I forget which numbered patch it was.  Musta been when the lev cap raised.

11 minutes ago, MinakoAino-DN said:

It would be interesting to see how they could merge the two, and what gear compensation retail would get going down to classic.

I don't have much skin in the game anymore though.  I fell off when they decided to make all old gear completely obsolete.  And not in the sense of there being just new gear and such.  I mean, the one patch that literally made all old gear completely obsolete.  I forget which numbered patch it was.  Musta been when the lev cap raised.

But also, the game seemed like it was just trying new things and seeing what stuck.  Elemental transformations?  Eh, sure I guess.  Then the next big patch later, lets pretend that stuff never happened and just get rid of it.  Story and lore?  What's that?  Throw things at the wall and see what sticks!

We just deleted half of the maps in the game.  Oh hell, um um um bring Katalam and Danaria back!  People loved those! 

Too little, too late.  Add in what is clearly outsourced tech support to people not familiar with the game itself, non existent GM presence in game, and people are shocked when things spiral downward so quickly.   No amount of server merges will correct the underlying issues that are making people flee the game in the first place.

8 hours ago, MinakoAino-DN said:

Story and lore?  What's that?  Throw things at the wall and see what sticks!

...their story and lore was only a wagon for them to destroy the game.

• Developer 1: Hey lets delete this map to make room for another useless map as if the amount of maps we can have is finite or something.
  • Developer 2: Yeah but how do we make it so people won't be mad?
  • Developer 3: Lets make a story where a pale snowy lady with big boobs called Ereshkigal destroys the place or something.
  • Developer 2: And that won't make the players mad?
  • Developer 1: It will and they will probably quit the game I guess.
  • Developers 1,2 & 3: Sounds like a plan, lets do it.

*cinematic trailer plays*
*pale snowy big boobed lady appears*
*farts some ice*
...this is the new patch

22 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

Let's stop blaming each other for their mismanagement.

You're right, it's not correct to blame each other for what NCWest is doing, so I apologize to KT for my outburst.

I guess I'm just upset how bad they're handling it, I even stopped playing Classic due to how awful is it being handled -- same way as here, if not worse.

WOW, this is clearly not fair to DN players - about housing and other stuff - but blaming KT players and trying to throw us in a pit is also not fair. It's not our fault how they are handling this.

As it was pointed out, KT server helds the most players still playing the game and keeping it alive so it makes perfect sense they move the less populated server to the most populated server, not the other way around. Problem is: they decided to do the merge apparently not thinking how to do it in a way they wouldn't compromise DN players. They've noticed the game is dying and they were like:

"Hey, you know what? Let's do the merge! They are asking for it anyways. Let's do it no matter how, quickly so the game looks crowded again"

So, yeah, let's stop blaming each other for their mismanagement... THEY are the ones that should try to solve this in a fair way for everyone. 

The whole situation is not about EQUALITY but EQUITY

When you guys ask for equality you want KT players' situation to be the same as it is for you: reset their houses, their names, etc. It would cause an even more massive disappointment in game since we outnumber DN players. So, more people would be quiting the game, I guess.

But when we talk about equity is how NCSoft NEEDS to treat DN players' situation more carefully in a way it's fair for their circumstances and so both servers are not compromised. 

"Equality means each individual or group of people is given the same resources or opportunities.
Equity recognizes that each person or group has different circumstances and allocates the exact resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome."

8 hours ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

The whole situation is not about EQUALITY but EQUITY

When you guys ask for equality you want KT players' situation to be the same as it is for you: reset their houses, their names, etc. It would cause an even more massive disappointment in game since we outnumber DN players. So, more people would be quiting the game, I guess.

But when we talk about equity is how NCSoft NEEDS to treat DN players' situation more carefully in a way it's fair for their circumstances and so both servers are not compromised. 

"Equality means each individual or group of people is given the same resources or opportunities.
Equity recognizes that each person or group has different circumstances and allocates the exact resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome."

I do agree with you, but for NC, the EQUITY solution is "impossible": names- add the DN at end of the names (e.x); housing -  create a second lair of houses for them. This said, the only way is the path of EQUALITY.

Besides, some KT players already stated that some houses are being held by ppl not active or playing anymore, what is equaly not fair for KT. Would be a good move for all, on that matter.

For housing they should make it mandatory to make a lugbug weekly once a month to keep the house. Lugbug weekly should provide a 30 day item that you need to use to get a 1 month license for the house.

Of course people who log in to keep houses can do that but that means they would have to engage once a month more than just logging, paying the fee and leaving.

Or they should make the housing an instanced thing like they did with studios.

2 hours ago, Asmodir-DN said:

Besides, some KT players already stated that some houses are being held by ppl not active or playing anymore, what is equaly not fair for KT. Would be a good move for all, on that matter.

I don't understand this. Why people who don't play anymore would be helding houses/mansions or whatever if they don't care about the game anymore? lol 

Like, do they log on once a month to pay for their houses for years now? Because if they don't pay for it, their places go to auction. 

2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

For housing they should make it mandatory to make a lugbug weekly once a month to keep the house. Lugbug weekly should provide a 30 day item that you need to use to get a 1 month license for the house.

Of course people who log in to keep houses can do that but that means they would have to engage once a month more than just logging, paying the fee and leaving.

I truly agree with you. This would "force" these people to do something else than just logging in, paying the fee and bye bye Aion.

It would bring some engagement from these players at least monthly, if they truly want to keep their places.

2 minutes ago, Mitsukuni-KT said:

I don't understand this. Why people who don't play anymore would be helding houses/mansions or whatever if they don't care about the game anymore? lol 

Like, do they log on once a month to pay for their houses for years now? Because if they don't pay for it, their places go to auction. 

I'm guessing it's due to sentimental value, I've done the same on DN. Last relic of good memories from the past (besides a mansion helps me hoard all my skins).

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'm guessing it's due to sentimental value, I've done the same on DN. Last relic of good memories from the past (besides a mansion helps me hoard all my skins).

Yep, makes sense. Besides, not suffering from Soul Sickness anymore is such a big thing. 

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

So you are mad you are losing the mansion and you want everyone to get a reset so you can come get one and then log once a month to pay for it and keep it while you do not play?

23 minutes ago, Lunoron said:

So you are mad you are losing the mansion and you want everyone to get a reset so you can come get one and then log once a month to pay for it and keep it while you do not play?

Reading 5 pages of this thread is hard, eh?

I've had my mansion ever since Israphel, Kahrun and Tiamat merged together, I paid 1.2b for that mansion and kept it religiously due to its sentimental value. I played til 6.5, quit, came back to try 7.0, 7.5 and 7.9 for few months. Getting the mansion again would be rather nonsensical at this point.

And since you've clearly not read this thread... it's not only "me" about losing my mansion, it's rather pointless to cry about a thing not affecting my real life situation, but the point of the whole outrage from *others* (yes, read this carefully), is that people on DN are losing their houses, while all players on KT are keeping theirs.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:53 PM, Kubei-DN said:

You can tell KT is very much favored by NCWest because they get to keep their HOUSING, names, legion names and all of that, meanwhile DN gets what? "Some" name conflict that you must contact support that will take 2 months to solve.

The most idiotic decision by this idiotic company is to merge servers but let only 1 server keep their shite.

I no longer play live servers, but even if I did, the fact I would be losing my mansion in Beluslan but KT gets to keep it is the shittiest move by NCWest ever. Stay trashy.

Classic servers will soon be merged to one server too.
Israphel Asmodian is completely dead and Israphel Elyos can't fill 8% ~ 10% of its population.
The imbalance is high and the total population is so low that the game won't remain healthy for longer (actually it isn't at this point)

On 7/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, Kibbelz said:

Okay, so first I wanna say thanks for all your feedback.

We know that although this server consolidation will improve the gameplay experience, there will be unavoidable consequences. One consequence we are seeing wide discussion on is from players who could possibly lose their names. What we would like to do is try to ensure that those who secure coveted names are the most deserving of them - whether through seniority or hours played, or some combination of these two factors.

With that in mind, we have updated the FAQ to include the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will Name Conflicts be Handled?
If a player wishes to keep a name of theirs which is already owned by another player, they can submit a Support Ticket.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and assign the future ownership of a name based on the following:

• Are both characters level 80+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, Support will use their discretion to award ownership based upon the age of the character and the total time played (provided the character is still active).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How will Legion Name Conflicts be Handled?
A: Customer Support will assist players with legion name ownership disputes. Legion names conflicts will be awarded based upon Support's discretion, factoring in the level of the Legion (provided the Brigade General and members are still active).

Submitted a ticket ahead of time and was told basically to screw off by the Support staff, they told me;

"Please take note that Support will not be providing assistance in reserving character names for the upcoming server merge. As mentioned by our Community Team, characters in Danaria will have their names randomized and will receive a free name change ticket after the two servers have been consolidated. For more details, please visit this link: https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/9250-upcoming-server-consolidation-faq/"

So @Kibbelz what are we suppose to do? Instructions unclear... about to riot

@Kibbelz
@Loki

With merge tomorrow, we still have no update to make the "consolidation" more fair for BOTH servers and especially we have no update to guarantee we won't lose our item collections and progress. I can't stress how much time and resources are put into item collections as well as all the important stats that will be lost by people who worked hard to complete collections. We need to know item collections will be transferred as well.

On 7/31/2021 at 7:53 PM, Shampoo said:

I might be wrong on that but my understanding is that DN suffered from the "nyerk" legion(s) decease, those elitists like Team Para and maybe a couple more that were hogging all the world bosses and were all about griefing others. Which in turn lead to people leaving on both sides. Again, i might be wrong on that since i wasnt playing there, just what i heard.

No, you are right. That definitely played a large part in discouraging some legions from cooperating with each other and made the environment more toxic. I can't say I blame that for the current population on DN though. The game itself is dying and NCWEST does nothing to stop it.

52 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Y'all can at least give us 4,000 Luna, 250mil kinah, and all the other crap EK server got when they were force-merged. I mean jfc give us SOMETHING considering we're losing our names, housing, and possibly our collection effects.

Loosing item collections would be painful because they take most of effort to complete. In no way they should be neglected.

1 hour ago, Bread-DN said:

@Kibbelzmerge is scheduled for tomorrow, still see you guys haven’t updated the completely unfair policy and no word on housing yet. Better hurry before the massive chargebacks *wink*

I'm already requesting a refund for the money I spent on my flooring and wallpapers. This is so nyerked 

30 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Make sure you guys grab your scripts and take inventory of what you have!

Thank you for the reminder and for taking the time to make a video, Rag. As a housing enthusiast and one who has spent a great deal of my time and money on this hobby, I find it utterly revolting that this 'consolidation' is being handled in such poor fashion. 

Archived