Forums

Upcoming Server Consolidation : FAQ

Arctic

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Loosing item collections would be painful because they take most of effort to complete. In no way they should be neglected.

If they lose the items collections that would be obnoxious.

As for housing they need to reset the houses of accounts that log once a month to pay and then leave again. This way active KT players that wouldn't be able to re-afford to buy their home wouldn't have to suffer.

The vast majority of houses belong to !d!ots that keep them out of habit even though they do not play the game.

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

The vast majority of houses belong to !d!ots that keep them out of habit even though they do not play the game.

True. Not to mention that some people have several mansion/estates in their various accounts.

Even in DN it was a pain to get a mansion, because the vast majority of mansions/estates are held by jerks.

In KT I guess I'll not even try got get one.

YAY, CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE SOULSICKNESS AGAIN, I'M SO EXCITED! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  >__<'

4 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

True. Not to mention that some people have several mansion/estates in their various accounts.

Even in DN it was a pain to get a mansion, because the vast majority of mansions/estates are held by jerks.

In KT I guess I'll not even try got get one.

YAY, CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE SOULSICKNESS AGAIN, I'M SO EXCITED! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  >__<'

The problem is that here in the forums there are people from DN that requested a housing reset and they admitted they keep a house even though they do not play and apparently they are not planning to play after the merge.

Imagine if we had a general reset and then I lost my house to someone who could outbid me with billions he didn't have to spend playing the game like I did, and then vanish once again and logging once a month to pay the fee.

So I insist they need to implement a way for people to not be able to keep houses for years without playing. They have to make it so you need 1 daily lugbug every week and 1 weekly lugbug every month to be able to pay for the fee. And those items should be timed so you cannot hoard them once and then vanish again.

If they are willing to do that job to keep their houses then they deserve them. 4m per week is nothing, that is 208m per year only.

If they really wanted to put in any effort at all, everyone could keep the houses.  All they have to do is put Oriel onto two channels.  That's already a capability in the game.  We were used to it in Sarpan when we needed to kill Chunapa and another alliance was already there...just hop over to the next channel. 

Having one Oriel channel for KT and one for DN would eliminate all the problems.

4 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

If they really wanted to put in any effort at all, everyone could keep the houses.  All they have to do is put Oriel onto two channels.  That's already a capability in the game.  We were used to it in Sarpan when we needed to kill Chunapa and another alliance was already there...just hop over to the next channel. 

Having one Oriel channel for KT and one for DN would eliminate all the problems.

Sadly, every fart  change they do, they depend on KR, since they apparently don't have capable devs(??)

They are doing it in the easiest way for themselves, and don't give a sh1t about things like players' wishes and consequences.

We DN players are nothing but a database being implemented into another database, losing our names and houses in the process, because the primary database is more important and ncwest is too lazy/dumb to find solutions.

12 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

Not sure if they can simply do it or if they would have to ask the koreans to implement it. That would work and I should suggest they have 10 channels for pernon and oriel.

And they have to make you play the game somehow to keep the house, not just pay 4m for every week.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, Mitsukuni-KT said:

I don't understand this. Why people who don't play anymore would be helding houses/mansions or whatever if they don't care about the game anymore? lol 

Kubei_DN is one of them and is being very loud about not getting a house back so he/she can keep it while not playing.

18 minutes ago, MinakoAino-DN said:

I feel like your housing inventory will be fine.  When I moved from an apartment, to a mansion, to an estate, that stuff was always consistent, even after server merges. 

Still, always good to be prepared.

The problem is that wallpapers, floors and house skins are consumables, they wont go back to warehouse, they will just be deleted. And since we havent had any event for these, or no skins have been sold on BCM for years, theres no way of obtaining these anymore.

As for houses on KT Asmo, there are mansions and estates every week for sale, atleast 3-4 mansions and a couple of estates, going from around 200-300mil for mansion to 400-500mil for estate, prices might be increased now after merge because of demand but still, if you are willing to wait some time you can buy one.

• Aion Team
10 hours ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

@Kibbelz
@Loki

With merge tomorrow, we still have no update to make the "consolidation" more fair for BOTH servers and especially we have no update to guarantee we won't lose our item collections and progress. I can't stress how much time and resources are put into item collections as well as all the important stats that will be lost by people who worked hard to complete collections. We need to know item collections will be transferred as well.

Hey Pharoahra-DN - sorry to not have included this earlier but yes Item Collections will be transferred. For accounts with characters on both servers, the collections will have the ability to merge/combine.

11 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Submitted a ticket ahead of time and was told basically to screw off by the Support staff, they told me;

"Please take note that Support will not be providing assistance in reserving character names for the upcoming server merge. As mentioned by our Community Team, characters in Danaria will have their names randomized and will receive a free name change ticket after the two servers have been consolidated. For more details, please visit this link: https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/9250-upcoming-server-consolidation-faq/"

So @Kibbelz what are we suppose to do? Instructions unclear... about to riot

Once the consolidation occurs, then we will handle name ownership requests. So, basically just wait for now and then submit a Support request tomorrow if your desired name cannot be claimed.

This will behandled on a case-by-case basis. Ownership of a name could be granted to either a KT-player, or a DN-player depending on the circumstances mention in the FAQ.

49 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey Pharoahra-DN - sorry to not have included this earlier but yes Item Collections will be transferred. For accounts with characters on both servers, the collections will have the ability to merge/combine.

Once the consolidation occurs, then we will handle name ownership requests. So, basically just wait for now and then submit a Support request tomorrow if your desired name cannot be claimed.

This will behandled on a case-by-case basis. Ownership of a name could be granted to either a KT-player, or a DN-player depending on the circumstances mention in the FAQ.

Thank you @Kibbelz
for confirming at least that item collections won't be lost.

However the housing situation is going to be a mess with inactive players holding onto mansions and estates

I have been playing Aion since day 1 and I have a main account and an alt account. On both I have paid for the Prestige Pass on both to obtain the  max number of characters (12) and split the number between races, half on one server, half on the other now the servers are merging so I will lose half my toons and have to pick a race to boot? What happens to all my kinah, crafting supplies, pets... will I just be out of pocket the time and money I spent?

@Kibbelz

The merge wasn't fair for DN players! 
i already had an Estate in danaria, now i lost my state because someone already purchased it in KT before the merge.

I lost my Luna wallpapers, i cant even repurchase them because i cant find it to buy again

if it was to reset housing and names, it should be for everyone! so we can make new bids and change our names fairly! 

@Kibbelz you guys sent wrong amount of kinah in mail for housing. please check. most people only receiving max of 2.216b it should be way more as it says in mail 1.1 ratio of what we paid would be compensated. i paid for example 6b and 4.5b for my estates in 2018. kept it since, and now only got 2b back on both my toons.
CPbwoKS.png

• Aion Team
45 minutes ago, Cute-DN said:

@Kibbelz you guys sent wrong amount of kinah in mail for housing. please check. most people only receiving max of 2.216b it should be way more as it says in mail 1.1 ratio of what we paid would be compensated. i paid for example 6b and 4.5b for my estates in 2018. kept it since, and now only got 2b back on both my toons.
CPbwoKS.png

Hi cute, I responded to this in your dedicated thread. Please reach out to support: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

6 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

So, ive lost my nickname as expected @Kibbelz

Now i gonna have the whole work to open a ticket for each toon that they stoled.

Thanks NC

I *believe* tickets are handled on a per-account basis, so hopefully just one ticket to handle all your character name requests.

Don't quote me as fact though, I don't work for the support team. But I believe this is the policy.

Whelp...submitted a ticket to get "Rag" back. Specifically asked for it on my Templar, figured since he's always had it he had the best chance (Would much have it on my Gladdy though)... NCsoft restore the name to my ownership, BUT they gave it to the SM on my account and put my Templar as "GenericUsername".... GG

Archived