Please stop the bleeding in IS server - Merge the server

RPG-DN

How is siel overcrowded when it doesn't even reach the server cap? It's at 34% of player pop today. Zones do have people but the only camped areas are where bots are. Siel cap was 3200 within 24 hours.

If you are having DC problems then it's your internet plain and simple. You can have the best pc but if your internet times out, you will dc every time. I know many people that live outside the US dcing at every push and don't attend siege anymore.

I wont reroll Siel. I am an asmo IS.

Do you know why asmo side seems so empty?? Easy answer: the first week of classic alot latin american join asmo side and played, but since economic reasons, its not an area of the world with capacity to have subscription on. They have a strong PVP spirit and the fact they cant get AP after one hour they left.

You can say whatever you want to point more resons, in your idea, to merge, but this is the main fact: NC decided to "chose" just one kind of client. If I had a business I wont treat customers from other countries "differently" if they want my product because " i imagined my product just for USA ppl". I can say that because even for Euro ppl we see and feel some "dont care about you" situations.

4 minutes ago, Asmodir-DN said:

I wont reroll Siel. I am an asmo IS.

Do you know why asmo side seems so empty?? Easy answer: the first week of classic alot latin american join asmo side and played, but since economic reasons, its not an area of the world with capacity to have subscription on. They have a strong PVP spirit and the fact they cant get AP after one hour they left.

You can say whatever you want to point more resons, in your idea, to merge, but this is the main fact: NC decided to "chose" just one kind of client. If I had a business I wont treat customers from other countries "differently" if they want my product because " i imagined my product just for USA ppl". I can say that because even for Euro ppl we see and feel some "dont care about you" situations.

In a way you said it yourself though. They aren't paying money. NCSoft only cares about one kind of client -  the one that pays money. I will say though, they're struggling to even care about those haha.

Yesterday in the siege sulfur fortress defense there was not a single asmo. Imagine 120 elyos waiting 20 minutes like retards, not a single asmo showed up and, even better, we didn't receive medals. In my particular case not receiving medals is irrelevant since I send them as gift, but for some is important. Others are simply there for the pvp, pvp that they won't get. Playing like this is not fun.

Att: An israphel elyos player supporting server merge.

3 hours ago, Yolento said:

Yesterday in the siege sulfur fortress defense there was not a single asmo. Imagine 120 elyos waiting 20 minutes like retards, not a single asmo showed up and, even better, we didn't receive medals. In my particular case not receiving medals is irrelevant since I send them as gift, but for some is important. Others are simply there for the pvp, pvp that they won't get. Playing like this is not fun.

Att: An israphel elyos player supporting server merge.

The merge would be bad.

Firstly, there are approx 21% more online Elyos than Asmos if you combined the servers. Roughly an average 3,000 Elyos, and 2,750 Asmos online at most non-siege times.

Currently there are about 10% more Asmos on Siel than Elyos, that would seriously flip.

Secondly, I think a combined server would fall over, the game software seems fragile to me, it may be just an NA server thing.

Perhaps someone with access to the Korean servers might report back about the average online population on a busy server.

I play Elyos on IS and I am going to say that I fully believe and support the people who are talking about a lower Asmo population.  While leveling in Elyos zones it might not be that apparent because Asmos definitely DO exist, they're frequently rifting.  I got ganked FREQUENTLY while leveling.  But that is where it stops.  I like to joke that there are more Asmos in Eltnen/Heiron than there are in the Abyss or in their own zones.  Every time I've rifted over to Beluslan it's been difficult to find people to engage in PvP.  The number of Asmos in the Abyss has been slowly increasing but it's still fairly low.  You probably won't see them outside of groups farming fort guards.

And sieges are just bad...
What forts Asmos have taken now have been largely without any opposition from Elyos, with Elyos even asking in LFG chat "Anyone know how the Asmos are doing on taking that fort?" and cheering for them when they take something.  If Elyos want to take a fort, there is a high chance we will take it, even if there is a league of Asmos coming at us at the same time.  And it just shouldn't be that way.

I really don't like the idea of them doing a server merge down to one server this soon because I know myself and a lot of other people would like to be able to play both factions, but I don't know what the solution is, unless NC would be willing to let us make both Elyos/Asmo on that one server.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:47 AM, Alvie said:

then SL may stop crashing.  From an IT perspective, server load balance is far more important than faction balance.

I've examined an Aion servers needs in the past. By modern standards, its requirements are minimal. If NCSOFT want to put a hard number on consecutive/con-current users that CryEngine (best experienced on Alienware -kek) can support.

Server Memory is cheap, SQL performance has improved. Java needs are minimal. 

The requirements used to be

• 2 MySQL Databases

• Fast computer with even faster internet connection.

• Eclipse Java compiler

• Java Development Kit 6 (JDK)

• Navicat

You could check the server health by using these checks.

//sys info

show basic server host information

//sys memory

shows host memory information

//sys gc

show garbage collector information

Archived