EVENT - Secrets of the Ancients Question

Arhangelos

Guys, I have a question, I "wasted" so much money trying to play with it and it is simply not working for me. I know events are luck-based mostly BUT look at my photo below and tell me how is this even playable?

I have 3x Red puzzle boxes and I only have green and blue keys... plenty of them. I open new keys and I keep getting blue and green ones and not reds ones. I once got a red one, hoping that the next puzzle box will be green or blue but it became another red box!

So all my boxes are red, all my keys are not red, I can't get a red keys easily, and if I get one the next box will most likely turn red again!

Does this event favor red boxes and non red keys, or am I simply unlucky? There must be a way to turn the keys into something else or use them somehow. Otherwise I am done with this event, I'll sell the next keys from now on and forget about it, because 13+6 = 19 keys, these 19 keys could easily have been sold for a rather good profit and so far I got nothing good from this event.

Photo in this link:
Untitled-1.jpg

Well I have 4 green keys and 4 red keys but no puzzles, you are supposed to get a puzzle box from every key I believe, but its not working out that way, and from what I can see you can't purchase them only the keys....which I do not need. Pure marketing genius there. Event over for this week no sense buying keys lol.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:35 PM, Psyweaver-SL said:

So what am I missing? As I see it event says you only get 3 boxes per WEEK from quest with no other means to obtain more yet you get 3 keys per DAY with an option to buy from BCM. How are you guys getting so many boxes?

Most of the boxes I open just give me another box. It's a never ending parade of boxes. I've been going through keys like dollar bills in a strip club.

19 hours ago, Shayded-SL said:

Well I have 4 green keys and 4 red keys but no puzzles, you are supposed to get a puzzle box from every key I believe, but its not working out that way, and from what I can see you can't purchase them only the keys....which I do not need. Pure marketing genius there. Event over for this week no sense buying keys lol.

You get three boxes (one of each color) each week from the quest given by your Sphinx looking thing. Those are your "seed" boxes. The keys come as you are logged in. Use those keys to open the three boxes. Each time you open a box, you will get a shard thing (which can be turned in for xp or items) and another box of a random color. You will always have three boxes in your inventory at one time.. unless you get the yellow box which doesn't give a new box.

To the OP.. I haven't been that unlucky. If my boxes are all one color, I eventually get one key of that color and things just seem to work out. You aren't doing it wrong. It's just back luck.

1 hour ago, Nyinu-KR said:

You get three boxes (one of each color) each week from the quest given by your Sphinx looking thing. Those are your "seed" boxes. The keys come as you are logged in. Use those keys to open the three boxes. Each time you open a box, you will get a shard thing (which can be turned in for xp or items) and another box of a random color. You will always have three boxes in your inventory at one time.. unless you get the yellow box which doesn't give a new box.

To the OP.. I haven't been that unlucky. If my boxes are all one color, I eventually get one key of that color and things just seem to work out. You aren't doing it wrong. It's just back luck.

Yep you are correct, and used all the boxes on all my characters now and have a crap ton of keys left over on all characters. After the first use on all characters I did not have 3 boxes left, so after that at no given point did I have 3 boxes. All 6 characters have a bunch of keys and no boxes to use them on. Regardless that is a fail. Why would I even purchase keys. No boxes to purchase so event is a failure. Say what you want I have all these keys and no boxes, so no I did not get a box every time.

This has to be one of the worst events ever!!! I am lvl 75 so don't need the XP quests. I opened my 3 boxes and all of them gave me the yellow 'game over' boxes. So as of Thursday morning the event was pretty much over for me and I have enough unopened key bundles to last even if the event ran for months!!!

Whoever devised this event needs to be taken to one side by NCS and have a lesson in sustainability, they certainly missed a trick by not selling boxes on the BCM lol  

I'm okay with the event because it's been giving me a lot of greater supps, something of which I never have enough. That said, I gotta agree with everyone about the keys. Why on earth do I need two dozen keys when I only get a couple boxes a week? I think this is this event's first time, right? Hopefully it will have a bit of a re-design before it's ever released again in the future.

7 minutes ago, Nyali-IS said:

Silly question, but I don't get it... Where do I get boxes? u-u *confused*

Puzzleboxes can only be obtained from the Shuphinx npc. Gives you a quest which rewards you one of each colour, once per week.

I think for the next instalment, they should consider to do one of the following:

A) Reduce the amount of Ancient Insignias (or their Ancient Shard price) required for the bundle.

B) Increase sources of Ancient Shards. Only final bosses and limited puzzleboxes. Might as well increase the amount of puzzleboxes.

C) Increase Yanubis' HP and make him drop stuff for more people. Or make him spawn on more than 1 location at a time. Considering the very narrow window for that boss (another thing to adress), people camp it really hard.

3 hours ago, Bryos-TM said:

Puzzleboxes can only be obtained from the Shuphinx npc. Gives you a quest which rewards you one of each colour, once per week.

I think for the next instalment, they should consider to do one of the following:

A) Reduce the amount of Ancient Insignias (or their Ancient Shard price) required for the bundle.

B) Increase sources of Ancient Shards. Only final bosses and limited puzzleboxes. Might as well increase the amount of puzzleboxes.

C) Increase Yanubis' HP and make him drop stuff for more people. Or make him spawn on more than 1 location at a time. Considering the very narrow window for that boss (another thing to adress), people camp it really hard.

Damnit... means I need to grab the quest on all my toons and try my luck? lol Q-Q

Archived