The botting issue is out of hand.

Roniya

Just spending 5 mins in some zones you can make a long list of really apparent bots (we all know what they act like at this point).
And it is not just gold sellers etc using bots, it is subscription paying players as well. Pay to win by botting? sure seems like it.
How about a more active bot hunt and purge then every maintenance? why not a daily purge?
Or hire some admins to actually hunt them in real time, These bots are not hard to spot in game that's for sure..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

NCWest doesn't have enough GM's that can log in and actually check on the issues.

I'm not really accepting this excuse from them. It would literally only take -1- GM dedicated to this, to regularly remove every bot from the game on both classic servers. It would just require running through the maps every few hours, watching for very obvious botting and taking action when it's found.

But instead there are characters that have been able to bot from level 1 to 50 without problem, and despite reporting them.

Get a report while on job? Instantly teleport to them and check it out. 

I've even offered to do this for a low cost. But they honestly do not care at all.

3 minutes ago, NimOG said:

I'm not really accepting this excuse from them. It would literally only take -1- GM dedicated to this, to regularly remove every bot from the game on both classic servers. It would just require running through the maps every few hours, watching for very obvious botting and taking action when it's found.

But instead there are characters that have been able to bot from level 1 to 50 without problem, and despite reporting them.

I've even offered to do this for a low cost. But they honestly do not care at all.

You said all of my mind.

It takes just 1 GM some hours a day to ban bots. And some botters knows they'll get ban, they gonna stop botting because of scared.

In just 1 day, NC can destroy all the bots and kinah sellers, but they don't care.

dude understand why they went retail and are on the same path with NA's classic a ncsoft and mediocre doesn't show concrete proof to ban you just accuse you it's already enough no wonder the game is over, it's practically just going to be the drool eggs from ncsoft as you always had

7 minutes ago, Uramexi said:

dude understand why they went retail and are on the same path with NA's classic a ncsoft and mediocre doesn't show concrete proof to ban you just accuse you it's already enough no wonder the game is over, it's practically just going to be the drool eggs from ncsoft as you always had

Why should they need to show anyone proof? Have you not seen the clearly obvious botters? They all do exactly the same things. It just takes an experienced eye. Sounds like you're probably guilty of something if you're worried. 

21 hours ago, NimOG said:

If you focus only on the high level areas, you could have 1 GM ban bots for 3 hours PER WEEK and you would essentially rid the server of bots entirely within a few banwaves. The bots can be spotted within seconds due to their obvious behavior, record proof for 1 minute or whatever, boom permabanned.

Player with 10+ /autoreporthunting reports?

Use GM command: /teleport to player , see its an obvious bot, permaban.

It's not hard at all. You don't need some fancy IT dude to look at player commands and try to distinguish between players and bots, 1 GM ingame can fix the entire issue by hand.

On 8/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, Kubei-DN said:

NCWest doesn't have enough GM's that can log in and actually check on the issues.

I think it would be great if they could hire players that are on a lot and have a good record to at least silence bots til they hit a review from a real gm? Something to stop it or at least slow it down. Doubt any person would abuse the power but if they did the GM would review and lose their power and unsilence the said person. Dunno just brainstorming.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:28 PM, Seren-Dust said:

dude, they dont need anyone special for this, just some basic knowledge of the game - even i would do this for free, im so sick and tired of bots and the fact they're killing the game. 

This. I would ban bots for free, or in return for a daeva pass lmao. I've already made player support tickets for 3 bots that are still running around. I could've banned them and another 30 bots by now just in my downtime while waiting for my adma group to gather, etc.

Manual bans are what NCsoft needs to do, idk wtf they are doing now but its a waste of time and it aint working at all.

4 hours ago, Wex said:

This. I would ban bots for free, or in return for a daeva pass lmao. I've already made player support tickets for 3 bots that are still running around. I could've banned them and another 30 bots by now just in my downtime while waiting for my adma group to gather, etc.

Manual bans are what NCsoft needs to do, idk wtf they are doing now but its a waste of time and it aint working at all.

Until someone came here and claims they got banned by an ingame player like you, who has the power to ban people, but did it because they hate each other.

10 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

Until someone came here and claims they got banned by an ingame player like you, who has the power to ban people, but did it because they hate each other.

And then what? I would have video evidence of the ban. It's a shitty excuse of you to protect botters, would've thought better of you

6 hours ago, Wex said:

And then what? I would have video evidence of the ban. It's a shitty excuse of you to protect botters, would've thought better of you

I am just mentioning that people get banned and come here and claim they did nothing when GMs do it, imagine if players had the ability to ban people.

I am not playing Classic actively because of the bots and candies. But you have to think in reason when you suggest the company to give you the power to ban people.

A video would come handy but that is against the company's "no shaming" policy. Whoever they ban, they are supposed to check thoroughly (which in practice they don't) and never give out any information outside the person who got the ban.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I am just mentioning that people get banned and come here and claim they did nothing when GMs do it, imagine if players had the ability to ban people.

I am not playing Classic actively because of the bots and candies. But you have to think in reason when you suggest the company to give you the power to ban people.

A video would come handy but that is against the company's "no shaming" policy. Whoever they ban, they are supposed to check thoroughly (which in practice they don't) and never give out any information outside the person who got the ban.

I would come on this forum and provide the ultimate smackdown by posting the proof. People would cheer, everyone would be happy, and aion would thrive.Alternatively you just delete all their topics instantly since this forum isn't the place to ask about ban appeals anyways.

The idea that 'because maybe someone at some point will abuse their GMrights to do unjust bans' makes it a bad idea to give players GM rights, is just a sad excuse. The servers are packed with obvious bots and that's of immediate concern above anything else.

16 minutes ago, Wex said:

People would cheer, everyone would be happy, and aion would thrive.

...people would sing and dance together, butterflies would be soaring the flowery fields, the sky would be a different shade of blue... Wex would be the new hero and everyone will be building statues of himself while he sat on his throne in front of his gaming pc enjoying the fame.

main-qimg-4c666b5adbbcc52a490d2ae512faeb

Also:

16 minutes ago, Wex said:

Alternatively you just delete all their topics instantly since this forum isn't the place to ask about ban appeals anyways.

...I am deleting posts?

~~

In all seriousness, if you had the power to ban people you would have to be an NCWest employee. It is very simple. They can't allow players to ban other players. You might have good deeds but someone else could ask the same power from NCWest and then abuse it until they find out it was wrong and have to fix what is unfixable.

15 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

...people would sing and dance together, butterflies would be soaring the flowery fields, the sky would be a different shade of blue... Wex would be the new hero and everyone will be building statues of himself while he sat on his throne in front of his gaming pc enjoying the fame.

main-qimg-4c666b5adbbcc52a490d2ae512faeb

Also:

...I am deleting posts?

~~

In all seriousness, if you had the power to ban people you would have to be an NCWest employee. It is very simple. They can't allow players to ban other players. You might have good deeds but someone else could ask the same power from NCWest and then abuse it until they find out it was wrong and have to fix what is unfixable.

Idk what your issue is buddyboyo. Abusing banrights would risk a permaban on your own account, the account could easily be unbanned later anyways, and it's much less of an issue than the mass botting problem that's out there right now.

always ppl like you that either want a 'perfect solution' or no solution at all. Dumbass black/white mindset,

3 hours ago, Wex said:

Idk what your issue is buddyboyo. Abusing banrights would risk a permaban on your own account, the account could easily be unbanned later anyways, and it's much less of an issue than the mass botting problem that's out there right now.

always ppl like you that either want a 'perfect solution' or no solution at all. Dumbass black/white mindset,

So many mistakes in such a low amount of words right there, take a seat or take several seats because you must be new to Aion.

• Abusing banrights would risk a permaban on your own account

...but you saw someone and you "thought he was botting" and you simply banned him. Whoever farms can be seen as botting, whoever glitches can be seen as hacking (like the teleport glitch that happens with snare)

• the account could easily be unbanned later anyways

What is harder: 1) ban an obvious bot, 2) have someone banned, open a ticket, check the case and logs and unban someone based on a false ban? That "easily" could have been used in the first place to simply ban bots which they already don't "easily" do. Also an abuser will ban someone out of wrath and then that guy will have to calmly go to support, open a ticket, wait for days until he gets a reply and hope they will see the infairness and unban. And people would be happy with this and everything would be fine... not in our universe.

• always ppl like you that either want a 'perfect solution' or no solution at all

...you offered the "no solution" so far, so don't pad yourself in the back yet.

• Dumbass black/white mindset

...to have the ability to ban people you have to be an employee of the company, point blank period. They will have to train you and explain you the rules, the way you handle situations, the procedures etc. You cannot come in the forums for example and write "dumbass" as an employee and you have to keep it cool always and never lose temper and never get into fights either ingame or in forums. You have already failed to apply for the company if you put this into your resume

Lastly, whoever has the ability to ban, cannot play the game actively and do pvp. Imagine if you had GM powers and you went out killing people, you might be legit good at pvp but the people will think you are given items because of your GM status because there were times that GMs did abuse their powers in the past in well known cases. It doesn't matter if that is untrue, it matters the people will think it is true, will dislike it and quit the game.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

So many mistakes in such a low amount of words right there, take a seat or take several seats because you must be new to Aion.

• Abusing banrights would risk a permaban on your own account

...but you saw someone and you "thought he was botting" and you simply banned him. Whoever farms can be seen as botting, whoever glitches can be seen as hacking (like the teleport glitch that happens with snare)

• the account could easily be unbanned later anyways

What is harder: 1) ban an obvious bot, 2) have someone banned, open a ticket, check the case and logs and unban someone based on a false ban? That "easily" could have been used in the first place to simply ban bots which they already don't "easily" do. Also an abuser will ban someone out of wrath and then that guy will have to calmly go to support, open a ticket, wait for days until he gets a reply and hope they will see the infairness and unban. And people would be happy with this and everything would be fine... not in our universe.

• always ppl like you that either want a 'perfect solution' or no solution at all

...you offered the "no solution" so far, so don't pad yourself in the back yet.

• Dumbass black/white mindset

...to have the ability to ban people you have to be an employee of the company, point blank period. They will have to train you and explain you the rules, the way you handle situations, the procedures etc. You cannot come in the forums for example and write "dumbass" as an employee and you have to keep it cool always and never lose temper and never get into fights either ingame or in forums. You have already failed to apply for the company if you put this into your resume

Lastly, whoever has the ability to ban, cannot play the game actively and do pvp. Imagine if you had GM powers and you went out killing people, you might be legit good at pvp but the people will think you are given items because of your GM status because there were times that GMs did abuse their powers in the past in well known cases. It doesn't matter if that is untrue, it matters the people will think it is true, will dislike it and quit the game.

I didn't read this whole thread. But I just want to say to me there's an obvious difference between botters and farmers. Most botters go in an exact pathway / pattern repeatedly. It's more obvious when there are no mobs (e.g. you kill them first and watch the player), they will just walk one way, turn exactly straight at some spot and continue on doing this. Players just look and feel more real and less predictable/repetitive. There's also an issue with some of the bots where they will not even attack a mob first, but wait until it aggros onto them -- so they will often run PAST the mobs, among other things that make it more obvious.

Also, I don't see why someone who works can't play, unless they're immature  and unprofessional. I don't think they should have GM abilities on their normal account at all and should have someone else do the work for it though.

7 hours ago, NimOG said:

I didn't read this whole thread. But I just want to say to me there's an obvious difference between botters and farmers. Most botters go in an exact pathway / pattern repeatedly. It's more obvious when there are no mobs (e.g. you kill them first and watch the player), they will just walk one way, turn exactly straight at some spot and continue on doing this. Players just look and feel more real and less predictable/repetitive. There's also an issue with some of the bots where they will not even attack a mob first, but wait until it aggros onto them -- so they will often run PAST the mobs, among other things that make it more obvious.

Also, I don't see why someone who works can't play, unless they're immature  and unprofessional. I don't think they should have GM abilities on their normal account at all and should have someone else do the work for it though.

I absolutely know what you are saying, I am bringing the worst case scenarios that could happen. We are really wasting time discussing this, there is no way this would ever be implemented.

I remember when we had the ability to kick people in EC, most of the players never abused it but we did have a few idiots that did it continuously and they had to remove that feature because those few were ruining the instance.

Archived