Forums

The botting issue is out of hand.

Roniya

• Aion Team

Hey everyone,

So I had a chat w/ our Support Team yesterday about this issue and they informed me that there are no outstanding reports of bots in their queue at the moment, and so GMs are simply going around on their own looking for bots. Please be sure to report any potential bot activity you see via our ticket system to help us be more efficient about bot-squasing: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Include details about where you saw them, character name(s) etc when you submit your ticket.

Thank you!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kibbelz Partly reason why the reports are not seen is because the report system does not work when the character appears offline (Invisible) or if at all. If you confirm that the report system works as intended, then the offline feature is to blame as well. Hope this helps!

32 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey everyone,

So I had a chat w/ our Support Team yesterday about this issue and they informed me that there are no outstanding reports of bots in their queue at the moment, and so GMs are simply going around on their own looking for bots. Please be sure to report any potential bot activity you see via our ticket system to help us be more efficient about bot-squasing: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Include details about where you saw them, character name(s) etc when you submit your ticket.

Thank you!!

ROFL.... The player base has given up on reporting them as the same bots that are reported daily are still all in game and functional, just like those that use Para Vanilla Tools for animation hacking, glide hacking, and much more. The lack of action from NCwest has literally killed the will of the customer base to stand up for such issues. As GMs you simply need to run around every map for only a few moments to see how severe the botting issue is. Personally I rather you deal with the Animation hackers and AP traders before bots, or even better spend time fixing other issues at hand before spending time in game running around aimlessly but you do you.

41 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

How is that even possible there isn't even 1 single report of bots right now. It is so obvious there are dozens and dozens of bots everywhere. As just one little example I have been killing this same SM bot for my daily kill quest when I am limited for time for weeks! 

I don't even bother reporting autohunting any more because it is not even worth the few seconds to report bots for the 100th time. I don't even know what to say about such a post.

18 minutes ago, Darob said:

How is that even possible there isn't even 1 single report of bots right now. It is so obvious there are dozens and dozens of bots everywhere. As just one little example I have been killing this same SM bot for my daily kill quest when I am limited for time for weeks! 

I don't even bother reporting autohunting any more because it is not even worth the few seconds to report bots for the 100th time. I don't even know what to say about such a post.

I just went to Aslig village in Morhiem and ran north of it to the Sprigs and ran out of Auto-hunting reports in under a minute.... 

Before this explodes into a giant shitfest I would like to remind everyone that Kibbelz is the middle-man here and is just passing along information. Furthermore, he is an actual human being, not just some pixels on your screen. Play nice.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

Wait... wut? there are no outstanding reports?! I made a freaking ticket just a week ago including 4 videos of 4 people using their main characters to bot and you tell me theres no outstanding reports in their queue?! well, not surprised. The videos i gave to the support i uploaded myself to youtube and i can see the freaking views and guess what? none of the videos was watched. So really not surprised.

2 minutes ago, Boober said:

Before this explodes into a giant shitfest I would like to remind everyone that Kibbelz is the middle-man here and is just passing along information. Furthermore, he is an actual human being, not just some pixels on your screen. Play nice.

I would also like to remind the community that a lot of the issues we are facing on Classic we have faced for over a decade on Retail, with little to no cooperation from the NCwest staff... Yes they are real human beings with emotions, but they are also the employed stewards of the Aion IPs from NCsoft Corp in Korea that have been tasked by their employer to actively run their North American servers and games and oversee their customer base. Failure to take action or head warnings from their customers who pay for their salaries is just poor form.  I will admit there have been times when Kibbelz and a few select for other members of NCwest have earned their keep, but for the majority of the time it often feels the customer base is ignored, which has lead Aion retail to the ruined state it is in now. 

I fully agree we should try to stay as civil as much as possible, however ignoring and on a few occasions trolling the customer base is a poor business tactic that should not be and is not accepted by almost any employer. 

Both the customer base and the staff of NCwest have stepped over the professional boundaries that our society expects. I have been personally trying to assist and bring to light issues to NCwest staff's attention but after over 12 years of doing so with little success I hope they excuse me for letting my emotions, or the emotions of any concerned customer, get the better of them from time to time. 

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

You have to actually be joking. That or you are being lied or misguided to. I have seen so many bots farming in Beluslan, Morheim, Eltnen, and Heiron for weeks on end and I and several other people have verifiably reported these people alongside hackers with video proof and you tell me that there are no outstanding reports of bots? What kind of ineffectiveness is the support team doing if this is true? If we are seeing a consistent and heavy stream of bots mindlessly grinding that are being reported and they are still here then what is the root cause of this happening? It seems to me there is an effectiveness issue at play here where the support team are being unable or unwilling to follow through with these reports to get rid of these bots. 

This post is very tone deaf to the experience of many players here and I'm glad to see others are responding to this in particular. This is not on the players anymore. The bots we see on a daily basis that we report warrants action and I am very, very doubtful to believe that this is due to a lack of reporting let alone a lack of details to actually get someone banned. 

3 minutes ago, 1s1C2A2 said:

You have to actually be joking. That or you are being lied or misguided to. I have seen so many bots farming in Beluslan, Morheim, Eltnen, and Heiron for weeks on end and I and several other people have verifiably reported these people alongside hackers with video proof and you tell me that there are no outstanding reports of bots? What kind of ineffectiveness is the support team doing if this is true? If we are seeing a consistent and heavy stream of bots mindlessly grinding that are being reported and they are still here then what is the root cause of this happening? It seems to me there is an effectiveness issue at play here where the support team are being unable or unwilling to follow through with these reports to get rid of these bots. 

This post is very tone deaf to the experience of many players here and I'm glad to see others are responding to this in particular. This is not on the players anymore. The bots we see on a daily basis that we report warrants action and I am very, very doubtful to believe that this is due to a lack of reporting let alone a lack of details to actually get someone banned. 

Have you actually filed a report or have you used the ingame autohunting report tool. Because I seriously doubt NCsoft does anything with the ingame report tool. Could you shed a light on that @Kibbelz

1 minute ago, Rastekkel said:

Have you actually filed a report or have you used the ingame autohunting report tool. Because I seriously doubt NCsoft does anything with the ingame report tool. Could you shed a light on that @Kibbelz

The reporting that I have done alongside my friends have been through the actual ticket system https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new here which is what makes Kibbelz post way more crazy than it should be.

7 minutes ago, 1s1C2A2 said:

The reporting that I have done alongside my friends have been through the actual ticket system https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new here which is what makes Kibbelz post way more crazy than it should be.

You guys actually submitting bot/hack reports are awesome. I honestly never had the drive to do anything beyond constant autohunting reporting. 

Part of me wonders if the solution is for @Kibbelz to jump into the game himself for a few minutes, find a bot (not hard go to end game zones for 1-2 minutes) report the bot through the autohunting report and then report a second one through the official channel and then check up on the support team and see if those bots or just one was banned. A further experiment would be to have a non-bot do this to different bots and see if those get banned to ensure no bias from Kibbelz report.

My guess, nothing happens.

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

This is a real smack in the face. Like someone else mentioned, people have given up on reporting bots and hackers when the same ones are around week after week after being reported.

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

I would like to suggest to give some kind of feedback on reports made ingame. Many other games do this even if its just "One of your reports was succesfull and we've taken action". That encourages people to keep reporting.

Also, i just came out of Heiron, I don't think I met an actual player there at all.

• Aion Team
1 hour ago, 1s1C2A2 said:

You have to actually be joking. That or you are being lied or misguided to. I have seen so many bots farming in Beluslan, Morheim, Eltnen, and Heiron for weeks on end and I and several other people have verifiably reported these people alongside hackers with video proof and you tell me that there are no outstanding reports of bots?

Thanks for the list of Zones - I've forwarded these to our investigation team to assist them after seeing others mention them as well. If there are any additional zones we can apply our efforts more directly towards, please let me know and I will pass it along.

To those who found the post disagreeable - I would like to clarify that we are not attempting to claim there is not a problem. Rather, I am merely working off my support team who said "we really are not receiving many botting complaints". Given that, we wanted to remind everyone about the report feature.

11 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for the list of Zones - I've forwarded these to our investigation team to assist them after seeing others mention them as well. If there are any additional zones we can apply our efforts more directly towards, please let me know and I will pass it along.

To those who found the post disagreeable - I would like to clarify that we are not attempting to claim there is not a problem. Rather, I am merely working off my support team who said "we really are not receiving many botting complaints". Given that, we wanted to remind everyone about the report feature.

Well, you should take a look at Theobomos and Brusthonin as well. And tell the support to instead of closing my ticket, take a look at the videos i sent.

I confess I haven't report a single bot-ish character.

In fact, I actually think bots are good. They make israphel server look more alive and increase availability of flux and elemental stones, manastones, etc. This cause that broker prices are cheaper. They are not really taking mobs from me and when asmos come rifting they get distracted killing bots and give me time to prepare for battle. Really don't know why you find them bothersome.

6 minutes ago, Yolento said:

I confess I haven't report a single bot-ish character.

In fact, I actually think bots are good. They make israphel server look more alive and increase availability of flux and elemental stones, manastones, etc. This cause that broker prices are cheaper. They are not really taking mobs from me and when asmos come rifting they get distracted killing bots and give me time to prepare for battle. Really don't know why you find them bothersome.

You will find them bothersome when u find out alot of bots are owned by regular players like me and you aswell. Whenever you will be in a pvp zone and someone with a gear that no one that doesnt bot or give ncsoft their houses will have. Ya know that super end game weapon you want but it costs 400m kinah? yup, botters will have it. Ya know that godstone worth 500m kinah, yup botters will have it. So its not only about the bots farming ele stones, manastones and fluxes. Its about the amount of money the owner of these bots will have and how it will make him so far ahead from everyone in gear within time. It may not show now, but it will show in the long run.

And even if the bot is not owned by a player, this bot is making kinah and this kinah is being sold to players through illegal ways.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

Hey Kibblez,

Quick question. Does the /ReportAutoHunting button actually work or is it fake news? I've reported one bot who bots in the exact same spot for weeks and he's still going strong. 

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

I am sorry but there is large amounts of bot in every map. think someone needs to look harder. 

• Aion Team
58 minutes ago, Panzy-KT said:

Hey Kibblez,

Quick question. Does the /ReportAutoHunting button actually work or is it fake news? I've reported one bot who bots in the exact same spot for weeks and he's still going strong. 

Hey Panzy! So, the team just went in and tested the feature. When the command is issued, we are seeing that a report is generated internally so don't hesitate to use this command either (/ReportAutoHunting).

Do you want to DM me more details on this character you observed? The name? Zone? I can ask if the team will shed some light on what happened as I'm curious myself.

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

After seeing your comment, the team just went in and tested the feature. When the command is issued, a report is generated internally so don't hesitate to use this command either (/ReportAutoHunting).

Do you want to share more details on this character you observed? The name? Zone? I can ask if the team will shed some light on what happened as I'm curious myself.

If you can check your private messages.

6 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey Panzy! So, the team just went in and tested the feature. When the command is issued, we are seeing that a report is generated internally so don't hesitate to use this command either (/ReportAutoHunting).

Do you want to DM me more details on this character you observed? The name? Zone? I can ask if the team will shed some light on what happened as I'm curious myself.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming. I've been using it but I see the same guys over and over. I'll consolidate a list of the regulars and send them in all at once.  

Archived