Latest "ban" wave

Pyromage-DN

I was under the impression that there was a community manager who watched the forums and made announcements on behalf of NCSoft?

Why has there been 1.1k views on this thread and no one has come out saying "hey, we might have gone overboard, we're fixing and we're sorry"?

Also whoever argues that it's a database and it doesn't lie. Yeah, It's a database full of values that can be manipulated to show what you want to see. Bad data analysts will always make bad decisions from it...and here we are.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Hope this helps some of you out!

Cant even sign in on the main account from website to send a proper support ticket! I've had to send a manual email to appeal@ncsoft.com and no reply received yet after 24hrs.

NCWest's ban script be like:

If(Entered_SR>=1)
{ Ban();
}

They have soft banned multiple people for no reason sometimes with the excuse "you got caught into our security checks", what kind of security is this?

I got 1~2 alt accounts soft banned too in the past when we were doing alt-friendly events, one of them was supposedly perma banned and when I asked them why and I became persistent and told them everything I did with it and told them to check the logs and see if what I said it correct, they removed the ban some time later saying it was a mistake.

I do not know anyone in person of the people claiming they did nothing, but I know for fact NCWest doesn't handle those things 100% accurately and if there is at least 1 person wrongly banned, then they should turn everyone into a 7~14 days soft ban and call it a day until they learn how to deal with these things with accuracy.

~~ Lastly they need remove the exploits that KR already knows and has addressed before they implement those patches to us. They should have known about this before our Classic even got live.

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

NCWest's ban script be like:

If(Entered_SR>=1)
{ Ban();
}

They have soft banned multiple people for no reason sometimes with the excuse "you got caught into our security checks", what kind of security is this?

I got 1~2 alt accounts soft banned too in the past when we were doing alt-friendly events, one of them was supposedly perma banned and when I asked them why and I became persistent and told them everything I did with it and told them to check the logs and see if what I said it correct, they removed the ban some time later saying it was a mistake.

I do not know anyone in person of the people claiming they did nothing, but I know for fact NCWest doesn't handle those things 100% accurately and if there is at least 1 person wrongly banned, then they should turn everyone into a 7~14 days soft ban and call it a day until they learn how to deal with these things with accuracy.

~~ Lastly they need remove the exploits that KR already knows and has addressed before they implement those patches to us. They should have known about this before our Classic even got live.

I would suggest they unban everyone they hit in the latest ban wave and re-consider their approach. This game isn't cheap, people invest a lot of money and poor decisions like this are going to make it hard to justify spending more money with them.
The 90/10 rule is definitely a thing with Aion, given the whales out there. What happens if mistakes keep happening to the 10..

1 minute ago, Bothered said:

I would suggest they unban everyone they hit in the latest ban wave and re-consider their approach. This game isn't cheap, people invest a lot of money and poor decisions like this are going to make it hard to justify spending more money with them.
The 90/10 rule is definitely a thing with Aion, given the whales out there. What happens if mistakes keep happening to the 10..

Yes, I suggested the same thing too. Some people might deserve it for sure but if there is 1 person that got it by accident that is bad and the population is already kinda low in the servers unlike the first week once most people realized this is not the Classic they promised.

they can't tell who is or isn't using some trick in STEEL RAKE because the system defining the block is automatic. the way it is applied is through the treasure chests that are still left by the SR map and by the amount of times done in the day. being that many players who play 8-10hrs a day can make 3 SRs which probably the system took it as using a bot or exploit

@KibbelzCan we get someone to look into this please. Literally wasting our sub with no help from the support team whatsoever. If it truly is the treasure box thing that was mentioned above, have them remove them all from SR so we don't keep getting caught up in this bad SR flagging system. 

Archived