Forums

steel rake bans [Merged]

Amarah-KT

Sad. A decade ago, you could chalk this up to NCWest having its hands tied technically as only glorified monkeys hitting the power button on a server black box. Merely the nature of a localized KR MMO like many others.

If this were the everday matter of "you cheated" vs "nuh uh, no I didn't", that'd be one thing. But the statement passed on through @Kibbelz shows NCwest's utter disconnect of understanding towards their own product and player base.

With the wide landscape of other MMOs out there now, this debacle serves as a glaring warning to current and future players, particularly those with deep pockets, to avoid opening their wallets to NC.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pyromage-DN said:

right? all the ones that said my friends were "cheating" in my original thread. lol.

They're having a serving of humble pie atm. They were wise to keep their trap shut this time around, otherwise they would have just embarrassed themselves even more. 

This is some hilariously, laughable, incompetence. No warnings, just straight bans for something no one knew they'd be banned for. I still see bots I've been reporting for weeks on end, but turning in a quest mutiple times warrants a ban?

@Kibbelz You might want to talk to anyone higher-up who has the ability to make decisions on these types of situations. Because this is honestly a nyerking joke.

Oh yeah want to add one more thing. I find it laughable that NCSoft has at this point shown they are willing to go further to defend botters (claiming they're just multiboxing) than they have legit players. You want to see this game die even faster? This will be it. The irony isn't going to be that the game died from other stuff that didn't exist in the past (like candies and the daeva pass) and such but instead by something that did (a common quest completion method we all used in the past).

59 minutes ago, Airashi said:

To give a TL;DR summary of this banwave fiasco...

1. It was brought to attention that players were exploiting the Ban Rake entry quest.

2. NCsoft has come out and assured players that they will investigate and take appropriate action.

3.Players were banned with some not given a reason as to why.

4. NCsoft has come out and avoided any accountability by responding with   "knowingly re-entering a quest instance repeatedly (often dozens of times) to obtain much higher amounts of rewards than intended is neither sustainable, nor acceptable"

5. It is confirmed that Ncsoft intended to  investigate the Ban Rake entry quest exploiters but banned the Ban Rake repeat questers instead.

6. Uproar ensues

Prove me wrong.

They actually dont understand the difference, which is the frightening thing. The GMs dont play the game so they dont understand the intricacies like players do. The player base demographic in Aion classic are mainly the old gen players since launch and know more about the game than a GM would.

Oh, but there is more. I guarantee~

Look, guys to be clear I want to see this be fixed.  I dont want to see Aion fail.   Obviously you guys dont want to either.  Its not just up to them, its also up to us.  I think its time to encourage the players to use the forums again.  A lot of us get sent to the forums with a copy/paste  reply from tickets.  There are some pretty knowledgeable members of this community that are helpful and know/undestand this game.   If the staff supporting the game doesnt understand something, consider consulting a  Panel of players.  Or better yet.. come play and learn!  The community sees the potential in Aion.  Its absurd to me that a company wont do what its customers are asking for!   Some tweaks here, skins there, and some comminication!  Its like managing a pizza shop and not offering cheese!  The point of this thread isnt to encourage people to quit, its to get NC attention to fix things.   The more people who quit and dont fight are fewer voices we have

9 minutes ago, Coldlight said:

I'd recommend anyone receiving these unwarranted bans to issue a refund with your bank. I'll continue to escalate this with NCSoft. 

Yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. Eyeroll. Submit a ticket and wait until you get unbanned. Or if you refund with your bank they'll really ban your account.

2 minutes ago, 2s65F09 said:

Yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. Eyeroll. Submit a ticket and wait until you get unbanned. Or if you refund with your bank they'll really ban your account.

I've been un-suspended. I'm more curious about my friends/legion members who have been wrongfully banned. You don't need a condescending "eyeroll" comment when you make a stupid statement. Thanks. That's the purpose of a refund with a bank, at that point you don't care about the ban you take your money back from the company.

10 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

Look, guys to be clear I want to see this be fixed.  I dont want to see Aion fail.   Obviously you guys dont want to either.  Its not just up to them, its also up to us.  I think its time to encourage the players to use the forums again.  A lot of us get sent to the forums with a copy/paste  reply from tickets.  There are some pretty knowledgeable members of this community that are helpful and know/undestand this game.   If the staff supporting the game doesnt understand something, consider consulting a  Panel of players.  Or better yet.. come play and learn!  The community sees the potential in Aion.  Its absurd to me that a company wont do what its customers are asking for!   Some tweaks here, skins there, and some comminication!  Its like managing a pizza shop and not offering cheese!  The point of this thread isnt to encourage people to quit, its to get NC attention to fix things.   The more people who quit and dont fight are fewer voices we have

You should know by now, for something of similar scale, nothing of a likes is going to be organized and would somewhat be likely quashed if otherwise. It would be interesting to see NCsoft cry uncle and refund 7 days of subscription though, it would be of utmost interest to them if I do say so myself~

12 minutes ago, Coldlight said:

I've been un-suspended. I'm more curious about my friends/legion members who have been wrongfully banned. You don't need a condescending "eyeroll" comment when you make a stupid statement. Thanks. That's the purpose of a refund with a bank, at that point you don't care about the ban you take your money back from the company.

How did you escalate it with them to get unsuspended? My mate still has no reply from his tickets and its kinda rats 🙄 

1 minute ago, Yasuna said:

How did you escalate it with them to get unsuspended? My mate still has no reply from his tickets and its kinda rats 🙄 

You gotta flood their inbox, appeal@ncsoft.com to increase your chance of a response. So far I've sent 5 identical tickets but I know people have sent upwards of 20+ tickets before receiving a copy-paste response.

18 minutes ago, Coldlight said:

Congratulations for being un-suspended. Happy for you. Thanks for the advice dad, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Now that, is condescending. :)

2 minutes ago, Airashi said:

You gotta flood their inbox, appeal@ncsoft.com to increase your chance of a response. So far I've sent 5 identical tickets but I know people have sent upwards of 20+ tickets before receiving a copy-paste response.

A copy-paste response and just that?~ 🙃

I came back to Aion after 4 or 5 years and asked my boyfriend to try it out too and he ended up really liking the game. He just finished the repeatable hat quest earlier this week and then, you guessed it, got banned... for doing a quest available in the game.

I'm livid that this is the response NCWest is giving to their customers. I read the emails that they sent to him regarding the ban, and it's the same copy and paste that they've sent to a number of people here. I don't understand how a company on it's last legs (at least with Aion) have the gall to respond like this. I'm on the verge of getting in contact with my bank and issuing a chargeback and taking the ban on both of our accounts, because it's incredibly hard to want to support this company, no matter how much we like Aion itself. 

Sure, people can cause an uproar in this thread as well as by emailing them, but honestly I think if we really want to be heard we should get in contact with the attorney general in the state NCWest operates out of and file a complaint through them. Even though my account personally didn't get affected because I didn't run SR, my boyfriends did and I paid for his subscription and daeva pass.  They wrongfully banned him for doing a dumb repeatable quest that, as a new player, he had no idea would get his account suspended (and when asked for evidence to prove wrongdoing on his part, they never directly answered btw, just said they have logs which they refuse to provide). 

2 hours ago, Kitsuney said:

You guys keep explaining the difference but it’s wasted. They (Aion) understand the difference but they simply don’t care judging from the official reply here. 

This could have been handled a million times better. 

They did empathize and thought if they were this greedy they would ban themselves too~ 😁

Complain all you want, but they're not going to do jack squat about the unwarranted bans or the bots. Get a refund if you no longer want to play this game. If you want to continue playing this game, just pay for the monthly sub and nothing more. There's plenty of new games coming out anyway. Stick it to NCSoft like that and hit them where it hurts, their wallet. 

6 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Just to close out this topic with everyone - there are no issues we have been able to identify with the execution of this ban wave.

While we can empathize with anyone who many have engaged in this behavior unwittingly at the direction of others, knowingly re-entering a quest instance repeatedly (often dozens of times) to obtain much higher amounts of rewards than intended is neither sustainable, nor acceptable.

We would encourage all users to review our User Agreement here for further information; specifically Section 3 which relates to prohibited conduct.

What the actual fu#&@ is going on here?!?!?

I asked before for you to make sure that whoever is looking at those logs knows what they are doing. Apparently they don't know the game, just like the support team. They know nothing. Zero. Niente. Absolutely nothing about how the game works, and so don't those reviewing the logs.

Re-entring SR to turn in quests IS NOT AGAINST ToS. No one is obtaining anything extra. The final quest rewards ONE ITEM and it's NOT REPEATABLE.

The SR Kinah exploit is done by using THE ENTRY QUEST that teleports the player to ANOTHER ENTITY of the same instance. It has NOTHING to do with the actual SR instance and the quests.

Get your sh#&@ together ffs. I'm starting to feel like leaving this sh#&@show.

4 hours ago, Rubyel said:

of course its dont have any CD because is a entry quest solo based and you only can enter one time after you leave you never come back .

as i said the NC dont know WHATS IS THE DIFFER OF 

STEEL RAKE - 6 Players 

STEEL RAKE IMAGE MAP  -our mirror map *acess quest*

And you know nothing about programming, John Snow. She is right. It's another entity of the same instance, it's not the same instance.

They fu#&@d up. As usual.

2 hours ago, 2s65F09 said:

Congratulations for being un-suspended. Happy for you. Thanks for the advice dad, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Now that, is condescending. :)

You didn't contribute anything to the conversation. All you did was respond with a childish comment, grow-up. I couldn't careless about what you have to say.

@Kibbelz

Test for vulnerabilities, exploit any bug, engage in trafficking, or circumvent any technological measure intended to control access to the Services.

Only thing that states anything about what Steel Rake Instance leaving could be addressed to. There is nothing else in the entire User Agreement section that states that it is not legal to leave a dungeon, turn in the quest and re enter the same dungeon that you were already in. 

You are technically still in your instance run, see it as leaving the run to buy mana potions or arrows because you have run out of them.

IF this is why people have been banned, why was it not addressed and fixed last wednesday, during a 3h and 30min maintanence which I am still really curious about why it takes that long to fix something without any patchnote from day one of the server launch. 

It is cleary a bug in your eyes, where is the fix? where is the fix of the entry quest bug? Ur stating a bug but u guys are not working on it nor fixing it. You failed as support team, you failed as anti cheat team.

I have no clue what you guys are up to at NCSOFT, but you are yet again on a rampage to destroy a beautiful game, which has been destroyed by the same stupidness years ago. 

Do something Kibbelz, since ur the only one who can actually mention it. 

Archived