steel rake bans [Merged]

Amarah-KT

38 minutes ago, Illyriah said:

I think it's just that they saw reports of the exploit of entrance quest, and saw the logs of people going in/out for repeatables and didn't even check the logs properly to see that it was a different place, and now they don't want to admit to their error and will die on the hill that "it's not how it's supposed to be played" when the game is clearly designed that you can hand in multiple quests and can continue to loot, it's not a ban offense if it the quest isn't a daily. No one is dropping the quest to restart it, they're just handing it in.

What is more interesting is that only Elyos did that. NO one is Asmo land farmed that hat. They're far too superior for that...

I got hit with the ban hammer on asmo side for doing repeatable quests...i asked for the log that suggests im exploiting steel rake through my ticket, saying how can i exploit the game when playing it as the game allows us to, and they replied me saying 

"We have thoroughly reviewed this incident and confirmed our initial findings. As such, our decision to uphold the suspension is final".

Lol welp okay 🤯

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 100% absolutely cancelling my subscription after my main account banned is lifted tommorrow. I will finish out the sub as i paid for 90 day but this unfair unjust failure to admit wrong doing dictated i will be shifting to New World by amazon that drops about same time my sub ends. I will not accept this pathetic behavior from Ncsoft west being shamed as a cheater when im not. 

5 minutes ago, Rosalee said:

I'm 100% absolutely cancelling my subscription after my main account banned is lifted tommorrow. I will finish out the sub as i paid for 90 day but this unfair unjust failure to admit wrong doing dictated i will be shifting to New World by amazon that drops about same time my sub ends. I will not accept this pathetic behavior from Ncsoft west being shamed as a cheater when im not. 

I'd be cautious of New World. It's been killing graphics cards apparently.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/80733/amazons-new-world-is-killing-heaps-of-gpus-not-just-the-rtx-3090/index.html

2 hours ago, Illyriah said:

What is more interesting is that only Elyos did that. NO one is Asmo land farmed that hat. They're far too superior for that...

Nah, not true at all. My spouse and I are asmos and he was hit with a week ban for the SR hat repeatable too. 

1 hour ago, Yasuna said:

I got hit with the ban hammer on asmo side for doing repeatable quests...i asked for the log that suggests im exploiting steel rake through my ticket, saying how can i exploit the game when playing it as the game allows us to, and they replied me saying 

"We have thoroughly reviewed this incident and confirmed our initial findings. As such, our decision to uphold the suspension is final".

Lol welp okay 🤯

Good to know NCWest is sending out the same copy&paste drivel to everyone and digging in their heels about their blatant mistake. My theory of Kibbelz coming back and saying they found that nothing they did was wrong is most likely going to come true now (despite people breaking it down multiple times and explaining to them they made a huge mistake). 

Good job on killing the last hope Aion has in the west, NCSoft. Classic was your last chance and treating your player base like this effectively killed it. 

On 8/7/2021 at 2:29 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

You don't need to skip it. To avoid the ban scenario, just only complete the quest called Hat of the Steel Beard Pirates one time per instance entry. 

This shouldn't even be an issue. People need to stop making excuses for their screwup.

Just a summary of the events unfolding so far...I will use these exact direct quotes to reduce the chances of communication.

1. Initial opening statement:

On 8/6/2021 at 10:48 AM, Kibbelz said:

Just to close out this topic with everyone - there are no issues we have been able to identify with the execution of this ban wave.

While we can empathize with anyone who many have engaged in this behavior unwittingly at the direction of others, knowingly re-entering a quest instance dozens of times of times to obtain much higher amounts of rewards than intended is neither sustainable, nor acceptable.

We would encourage all users to review our User Agreement here for further information; specifically Section 3 which relates to prohibited conduct.

2. Offer to relay concerns back to game team:

On 8/7/2021 at 2:03 AM, Kibbelz said:

Hey everyone. I have relayed the concerns here to game team, especially ones including specific gameplay details involving SR. In most cases I sent these as exact quotes to reduce any chance of miscommunication.

I hope to have a follow-up with you in the near future.

3. Clarification response given from the game team:

On 8/7/2021 at 3:35 AM, Kibbelz said:

I've seen a few comments like this so want to clarify. Users were banned for exploiting the instance, not simply running it more than once and/or completing the repeatable quests. Updated the original text to make this more clear.

4. Player Bip, questioning the justification of the given response in point 3, as above mentioned:

4.a/ regarding "completing the repeatable quests", and

On 8/7/2021 at 3:44 AM, Bip said:

Except that getting in and out of the instance to kill more mobs and finish a 20-times repeatable quest (20-times, LIMITED) to get ONE PIECE of equipment is not an exploit. It has never been an exploit.

If that is what your game -hahaha- team consider exploit, then please ban me and everyone else that kills 2 rounds of guards and only then collect all the items to turn in the quest multiple times to get more experience.

Please. PLEASE. P L E A S E. Have NCsoft to hire ONE PERSON that ACTUALLY plays the game to review this kind of stuff. This is beyond frustrating.

4. b/ regarding the action of "running it more than once".

On 8/7/2021 at 4:11 AM, Bip said:

I think that the "problem" that they are finding in the logs is that you are not running a new entity of the SR instance. You are just exiting it, thus not making the CD reset, turning in the quest and re-entering on the same entity, same CD.

Still makes zero sense to me how they would not be able to see this in the logs. Unless everyone here is lying and they in fact did the kinah exploit.

Again: using the same cooldown (aka entity) of one SR run to get in and get out of the instance multiple times to turn in the quest is NOT AGAINST TOS.

5. @Kibbelz is now confused and unsure him/herself as the clarified response given in point 3 above regarding i.e "running it more than once" and "completing the repeatable quest" is now scrutinised by the playerbase.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:55 AM, Kibbelz said:

@Bip I apologize. I mis-read the content of your post and cannot say either way in your case. It is possible that what you mentioned could be viewed as an exploit by the game team. I will follow-up once I have more concrete details to provide. Thanks.

Thoughts???

NC messed up the ban wave, don't want to admit they messed up the ban wave. Kibbelz got caught up in the middle and he's unsure of what's going on, just repeating the stuff they told him. Can't blame him because the guy was trying to help. Just NC doing NC things lol.

Definitely reconsidering subbing after mine ends though, after this. I don't want to get permabanned over their mistake again since our accounts are now flagged.

7 hours ago, Coldlight said:

This shouldn't even be an issue. People need to stop making excuses for their screwup.

Excuse you, but I am absolutely NOT making excuses for NCsoft's screw up! What they are doing/have done is WRONG WRONG WRONG. I was simply explaining how to avoid being banned for this stupid reason. It IS a stupid reason to be banned, and NCsoft is absolutely ridiculous for doing it, but it's happening just the same.

I see no reply yet from NC on this issue players dont know what is going on, and the ones that did get banned some have had no reply and some told they got 7 day ban, while all this is left most players how got banned they waste there money due to not being able to play, yet NC just take there time when something is this important. 

4 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

I see no reply yet from NC on this issue players dont know what is going on, and the ones that did get banned some have had no reply and some told they got 7 day ban, while all this is left most players how got banned they waste there money due to not being able to play, yet NC just take there time when something is this important. 

Keep in mind it is Monday and it is only 8am local time for NC and they probably don't open the office up until 9am.

Just now, Wsnow said:

ok i let them off i keep forgetting i am playing NA my bad :(

I'm right there with you though. This isn't something they should have been like "Eh, we'll deal with it later". Heck, I'm not even affected by the bans themselves and yet I'm still waiting to see how this plays out to see if I want to leave NC forever or not.

• Aion Team

I know many are still waiting on an answer/stance here (RIP my inbox). Please know I'm actively trying to get details, but the team has some other critical priorities that have demanded their attention. That said, I am sure that when priorities permit, I will get the details I need in order to share back with you. On hold until then.

29 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I know many are still waiting on an answer/stance here (RIP my inbox). Please know I'm actively trying to get details, but the team has some other critical priorities that have demanded their attention. That said, I am sure that when priorities permit, I will get the details I need in order to share back with you. On hold until then.

@Kibbelz

I know this is not down to you at all and I thank you for the help you trying to give the player base.

But the team dealing with this has got critical priorities? don't you think that players getting banned for no reason is critical as most of them are paying to play this game? I am sorry but I just don't think its good enough players have been waiting replies to there support tickets and not had any thing mean while subs are being taken from players account that they have no access to and players who have time remining its running out and to me that should be classic as critical priorities to be deal with not put at the back and NCsoft is praying it goes away.

I am sorry but this is just lame. 

I know you are just the messenger and cannot be blamed but seriously? What is so important that paying customers to access to what they have subscribed to is put on the back burner? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if people start talking about a class action against NC. That may seem extreme but at this point is it really?

I'm also wondering what's so important that this isn't a priority. Is the server room on fire or something? 

I'm not even affected by this at the moment, but the lack of response to this is rather disgusting and highly disappointing. Management of this game is terrible.

2 hours ago, NimOG said:

I'm also wondering what's so important that this isn't a priority. Is the server room on fire or something? 

I'm not even affected by this at the moment, but the lack of response to this is rather disgusting and highly disappointing. Management of this game is terrible.

Most likely dealing with one of there other games. 

19 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Ouch. That was definitely not a good response. Unless those priorities are giving people back their 7 days of Siel's Aura.

Top 1 priority right now should be to recognize the mistake and say you are sorry as a company (again, if people were banned for turning in the quest multiple times only, obviously).

You have to make sure that the game team understands this has always been the way to do those quests. Or ANY other quest in the game that has more mobs to collect items than the quest requires. Everyone does that in literally every quest it's possible.

43 minutes ago, Bip said:

Top 1 priority right now should be to recognize the mistake and say you are sorry as a company (again, if people were banned for turning in the quest multiple times only, obviously).

Exactly this.

So I can finally speak on the matter since being banned, my 7 days are up. 

The inability to own their mistake and being banned without evidence makes me think NC doesn't deserve my money or my time. I implore my fellow players to re-consider their position on these servers.

The reasoning in my email seemed to just out-right lie about the situation. 

"observed in-game displaying numerous characteristics consistent with automated gameplay and the use of third-party programs that cannot be replicated with the use of the macro system in-game and other available in-game tools"

Re-entering and entering an instance is absolutely possible with the official client.

My IRL friend was banned. He has never botted or used hacks. He is now quitting Aion, good job NCSoft.

I find it appalling that a company like this is unable to professionally run a game. It’s actually an embarrassment. Still no public announcement on this issue.

1. Minimal player engagement from employees

2. Can’t even apply a ban properly

3. Poor ownership of mistakes (aka banning a load of people who didn’t do anything)

Even though I haven’t been trapped in this mess of a ban wave, NCSoft have been terrible on other merits in my experience.

It’s pathetic to think that there has been no announcement on this officially, and there are probably so many more people affected that aren’t posting about it.

Archived