steel rake bans [Merged]

Amarah-KT

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2021 at 3:40 AM, Kibbelz said:

I know many are still waiting on an answer/stance here (RIP my inbox). Please know I'm actively trying to get details, but the team has some other critical priorities that have demanded their attention. That said, I am sure that when priorities permit, I will get the details I need in order to share back with you. On hold until then.

@KibbelzBesides the fact that this response is ill-advised and deeply concerning, do you have any updates on this high priority issue? The playerbase isn't going to let this topic be swept under the rug.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:40 AM, Kibbelz said:

but the team has some other critical priorities that have demanded their attention. That said, I am sure that when priorities permit, I will get the details I need in order to share back with you. On hold until then.

What a joke. You'd think you'd take the little bit of time to address these critical issues since it's keeping people from playing the game and or having already banned people. I'd love to know what these current priorities are right now. Bot's that have been blatantly botting for well over a month now are still running rampant, people clearly hacking. But apparently banning paying customers and having them wait for a week+ for any kind of response as to why is of little concern. 

8,000 views, 200+ replies.

10 minutes ago, Neferupito said:

I'm unbanned, hurray. Just coming here to say that at least the ban didn't consume any time of my Siel aura. But the fact that I was given the ban in the first place is unbelievable :)

yes but now you still got that mark against your account :(

2 minutes ago, Wsnow said:

yes but now you still got that mark against your account :(

Unless it's another unfair ban, it shouldn't be a problem. Like sure I'm pissed at NCsoft for that, but I try to see the positive side. Kibbelz told us he would get the official stance,  people expressed their anger, there's no need to add some more rage on top. 

1 hour ago, Culture said:

I know of some players that have been sending support tickets in on a daily basis solely to not let NCSOFT forget or ignore this issue. 

They can forget because they will never get to the ticket in the queue and they also have filters. They are fully equipped to ignore anything they like~

3 minutes ago, Kynurenigh said:

They can forget because they will never get to the ticket in the queue and they also have filters. They are fully equipped to ignore anything they like~

Yeah, every time you update a ticket, it goes to the end of the backlog. It's FIFO, but updates included

Forgot to post here when I was finally unbanned. I was also banned for doing repetable in sr and received the same c/c respond from support. Still waiting on them to apologise and unflag my account and maybe compensate the daeva pass I couldn't farm during the 7days bans. 

1 hour ago, Neferupito said:

Yeah, every time you update a ticket, it goes to the end of the backlog. It's FIFO, but updates included

Exactly what I was thinking lol. That way they will indeed never see it. Roflmao!

43 minutes ago, Erufu said:

Forgot to post here when I was finally unbanned. I was also banned for doing repetable in sr and received the same c/c respond from support. Still waiting on them to apologise and unflag my account and maybe compensate the daeva pass I couldn't farm during the 7days bans. 

the logic is that if you were banned, it's a punishment for a wrong you did. And if you did wrong, you shouldn't be compensated

3 minutes ago, Neferupito said:

the logic is that if you were banned, it's a punishment for a wrong you did. And if you did wrong, you shouldn't be compensated

Yeah, we can see you understand logic!
Yes, it was sarcasm.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

So we would like to share an update addressing your most critical questions. First, regarding the bans/suspensions - we unfortunately can't provide any additional details on the nature/qualifications of the recent actions outside of what has been already shared by Support.

That said, we have seen your inquiries regarding whether we take issue with players who repeatedly enter the same instance of Steel Rake to complete the ‘Hairpin Ahoy!’ quest. This is a part of the game’s design, and we will not consider or treat it as an exploit.

We hope that this alleviates any concerns going forward regarding Steel Rake and the Hairpin Ahoy! quest, and  similar quests which may appear in future patches.

10 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

So we would like to share an update addressing your most critical questions. First, regarding the bans/suspensions - we unfortunately can't provide any additional details on the nature/qualifications of the recent actions outside of what has been already shared by Support.

That said, we have seen your inquiries regarding whether we take issue with players who repeatedly enter the same instance of Steel Rake to complete the ‘Hairpin Ahoy!’ quest. This is a part of the game’s design, and we will not consider or treat it as an exploit.

We hope that this alleviates any concerns going forward regarding Steel Rake and the Hairpin Ahoy! quest, and  similar quests which may appear in future patches.

@KibbelzWhat about all of the players who are currently farming abyss points by trading kills with the opposite faction? This was against the rules back in original 1.5 + patches. They are circumventing the abyss point system by willingly dying/getting free kills on the opposite faction to farm abyss points. Can you give us some insight on weather or not we can get banned/punished for this? or should all players start to trade AP as a norm?

32 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I'm sorry, what? 

So what about the people who were banned for doing exactly this? You're openly saying it wasn't an exploit, yet that's what the vast majority of the people you banned were doing. I'm sure there are some people caught who deserved a ban, but not the hat questers. and yet they STILL got punished.  

I think at this point it's starting to get a little too late to save face on this. It seems like "support" is attempting to just sweep it under the rug. Gonna be a huge shock to them when they realize the game died 3 months after it came out due to everyone's subscription ending and nobody renewing due to how poorly everything has been run.

Oh and I still stand by the fact that we were promised a "classic experience" and it has been 100% not a classic Aion at all.

I'm so genuinely confused lmao. You banned people for something that ISN'T AN EXPLOIT, which you just admitted to, and this is the best response available? 

People are upset and will continue to be upset because you admitted re-entering Steel Rake is perfectly fine and how the game was designed. So WHY did people get banned for doing just that? THAT is what needs justification. 

@KibbelzMan, the whole point of this nyerking thread is that players have been wrongfully banned for doing something that you just admitted isn't an exploit. Remove the flags from our accounts and lift the bans from those who are still banned! It's pathetic at this point.

While I'm glad for the clarity this brings for SR runs I think there is a painfully obvious need here for wrongfully banned players to receive some form of adequate compensation. It should be pretty clear who the innocents were in these ban waves and they should not be bearing any black marks on their accounts and should, at a minimum, receive an appropriate amount of Siel's Aura/SR reset scrolls to make up for lost time/questing opportunities. Anything on top of that is discretionary but,  in my opinion, necessary.

This was a big screw up, NCsoft, make the fix as large as the issue was so you can start to rebuild player trust. If people feel like they could be banned at the drop of an arbitrary hat they aren't going to subscribe to your game. Make it right.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

@Kibbelz we are not asking for details. We are asking for those that were wrongfully banned have their cases reviewed by support, and if they indeed only did the repeat quest, the flag has to be removed and they need to have compensation for the time lost.

Instance reset scrolls: 2 of each at least?! And obviously their Siel's Aura for the time banned back.

30 minutes ago, Bip said:

the flag has to be removed and they need to have compensation for the time lost.

Instance reset scrolls: 2 of each at least?! And obviously their Siel's Aura for the time banned back.

Yeah no, we're going to need XP amulets lol. Some of us were banning for the greater majority of an XP event. I'd say maybe 2x 50% maybe even 2x 100% amulets.

5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

And yet...  that is exactly what happened.  I could easily turn this thread into further examples of how poorly NC has handled things.  From GMs who lack reading comprehension in tickets to thousands of us watching a live stream of the vandal preview where he had to go god mode to even play. 

We arent stupid.   Stop treating us like we are.  I love this game.  I hate how its managed.  I hate they spend more energy trying to gaslight us into believing they are right instead of owning their mistake.   Its like watching your neighbor leave a puppy out in the snow.  I want to steal your nyerking puppy!!

6 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

How hard is it to prove you got things right? If I understood the exploit right, people were able to make fast kinah through the exploit. It shouldn't be that hard to pull up how much kinah the people you banned obtained or how many times they had opened the box in a day (especially if people are getting unbanned since if I was a GM that would be my priority concern if they were to get unbanned since you would want to revoke that gain). Just pull it up and shove it in our faces to prove that you had the right bans and use that as your reasoning for the bans when people contacting supporting. Furthermore, if you are undoing bans, then that kinah should be revoked. It's that easy. If you can't even do that then like everyone has been shouting from the beginning, it looks like you all nyerked up and it's time to own it. This is getting really ridiculous and is draining even from onlookers that weren't involved and as I mentioned before makes me question if I want to continue subscribing to the game because it puts huge doubts on if the company can be trusted and so far the answer is no.

Archived