Jump to content
Forums

Petition to Reset Housing for EVERYONE


Recommended Posts

They have to reset the houses of those that log once a month to pay only and keep the houses. They cannot cater to people who do not play more than those that log daily.

And they need a permanent way of addressing this abuse. They need to reset houses every 6 months based on whether the player was active during the previous 6 months or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

They have to reset the houses of those that log once a month to pay only and keep the houses. They cannot cater to people who do not play more than those that log daily.

And they need a permanent way of addressing this abuse. They need to reset houses every 6 months based on whether the player was active during the previous 6 months or not.

I don’t have a solution in hand but I agree, there are many issues in the current housing system and they should be addressed , but in a way that won’t harm anyone, including old players who take a few months break from the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

They have to reset the houses of those that log once a month to pay only and keep the houses. They cannot cater to people who do not play more than those that log daily.

And they need a permanent way of addressing this abuse. They need to reset houses every 6 months based on whether the player was active during the previous 6 months or not.

This makes a hell of a lot of sense to me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I don’t have a solution in hand but I agree, there are many issues in the current housing system and they should be addressed , but in a way that won’t harm anyone, including old players who take a few months break from the game.

This perma housing system is exactly the same to the perma ranks where the highest ranks logged once a month and kept the important transforms out of the factions. Someone gets a palace and simply keeps billions of kinah and comes to pay once per month and then go away, depriving the game from important fun and features.
~~~

They need to change the housing payment as I mentioned elsewhere. Something that would defo make it impossible to just enter, pay and then vanish without engaging enough to justify keeping a house.

Something like this:

  • Daily Lugbug final reward gives a "housing token" which is a 7-days item, this is a one time use item. You can get one every day but you need 1 per week only
  • Weekly Lugbug final reward gives another item like a "housing converter", this is a 30-days item and it is reusable infinitely as long as it lasts, you can get one every week but you effectively need one per month.
     
  • Daily lugbug housing token + Weekly lugbug housing converter + 4m kinah = housing license for a week which you would give to finish a pink licensing quest in your housing keeper.

Finishing lugbug daily once per week and a lugbug weekly once per month is enough to not make it too repetitive for active players but enough engagement to deter people who do not play and keep a house.

If anyone gets a long hiatus something needs to be done so the remaining players can enjoy the game. This also prevents people from owning too many houses with alts just for the fun, they would have to play those alts and do the lugbugs at least.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

This perma housing system is exactly the same to the perma ranks where the highest ranks logged once a month and kept the important transforms out of the factions. Someone gets a palace and simply keeps billions of kinah and comes to pay once per month and then go away, depriving the game from important fun and features.
~~~

They need to change the housing payment as I mentioned elsewhere. Something that would defo make it impossible to just enter, pay and then vanish without engaging enough to justify keeping a house.

Something like this:

  • Daily Lugbug final reward gives a "housing token" which is a 7-days item, this is a one time use item. You can get one every day but you need 1 per week only
  • Weekly Lugbug final reward gives another item like a "housing converter", this is a 30-days item and it is reusable infinitely as long as it lasts, you can get one every week but you effectively need one per month.
     
  • Daily lugbug housing token + Weekly lugbug housing converter + 4m kinah = housing license for a week which you would give to finish a pink licensing quest in your housing keeper.

Finishing lugbug daily once per week and a lugbug weekly once per month is enough to not make it too repetitive for active players but enough engagement to deter people who do not play and keep a house.

If anyone gets a long hiatus something needs to be done so the remaining players can enjoy the game. This also prevents people from owning too many houses with alts just for the fun, they would have to play those alts and do the lugbugs at least.

Ok but what if I take a vacation of 1 month which is normal in my country ? Do I have to loose my mansion and buy it again ? In my opinion, holding housing while inactive should be allowed, for a few months at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Ok but what if I take a vacation of 1 month which is normal in my country ? Do I have to loose my mansion and buy it again ? In my opinion, holding housing while inactive should be allowed, for a few months at least.

You would still have the 1,5 months allowance before it goes to auction like you do now, that system won't change. The only thing that will change is the way you pay for it which will be money plus quest items that you get from doing lugbugs.

Once you are back you need to finish the weekly to get a converter + the first daily you can, so you can pay the oldest month you didn't pay, next day you get another daily + the weekly converter you already have so now you paid for 2 weeks in 2 days. Repeat until all weeks unpaid are done.

Of course we are hallucinating thinking something like this will be implemented.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

You would still have the 1,5 months allowance before it goes to auction like you do now, that system won't change. The only thing that will change is the way you pay for it which will be money plus quest items that you get from doing lugbugs.

Once you are back you need to finish the weekly to get a converter + the first daily you can, so you can pay the oldest month you didn't pay, next day you get another daily + the weekly converter you already have so now you paid for 2 weeks in 2 days. Repeat until all weeks unpaid are done.

Of course we are hallucinating thinking something like this will be implemented.

I think the easiest way would be to make several channels to in Oriel so everyone can get a house and limit the amount of housing (mansion/estates) per IP and per account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I think the easiest way would be to make several channels to in Oriel so everyone can get a house and limit the amount of housing (mansion/estates) per IP and per account.

Or everyone's studio which is a personal instanced house should be expandable from a studio to anything bigger via quests etc. You could always invite friends to check it out and see the decoration. like a whole house that can be up to a palace with the garden and all.

As much as I like the idea of a housing map where everyone can go and look at the villages, this was quite limiting if you factor the fact Aion is supposed to be played by thousands of people on each server.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im all for them resetting the houses, ive been saying it for years. Its really not fun how 40%+ of the houses, estates, and palaces are owned by people who log in once a month to pay rent and then leave. It doesnt even make sense to me how someone can literally just log in once and not even play the game... They should also base renting houses on time played. If this person is only on 2 hours a month, get rid of their palace. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Im all for them resetting the houses, ive been saying it for years. Its really not fun how 40%+ of the houses, estates, and palaces are owned by people who log in once a month to pay rent and then leave. It doesnt even make sense to me how someone can literally just log in once and not even play the game... They should also base renting houses on time played. If this person is only on 2 hours a month, get rid of their palace. 

A quest to pay the house would fix it. If play time was a factor, those people would log their chars and afk them in their palaces and estates enough time to fill the "hours played" quota and keep their houses.

It needs to be done in a way that you either play the game and accumulate enough quest items to be able to keep the house, or simply lose it. And it doesn't have to be a super hard way, just not as easy as log in, pay and leave.

Edited by Arhangelos
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...