Servers need to get merged right away. EVERYONE MUST READ THIS POST!

Advanced

Group quests are dead.

Party quest are going to die.

Population is decreasing. We need a server merge. If you bought candies with real money. You are in for a nasty retribution. All that money you used to buy candies and fashion. You are going to waste all your effort and money when this game dies. The game is dying, Siel can't even reach 3k players on the weekdays. On the weekends there's only 3200 players.

I won't be surprised when the player count drops this weekends.

I feel like whenever I open the forums I get transported to some parallel dimension where everything is terrible.

I think the biggest problem that is driving people away is lack of content at 50 now, reading into the player count is mostly pointless with this in mind. Any mmo without rewarding endgame goals experiences player drop off, so I'm not exactly shocked. Candies have long since given way to straight up gold selling/buying which is rampant and gross. AP trading is being organized like crazy as well which, when combo'd with buying kinah, makes me wonder why those people even bother playing. 

I'm not opposed to a merge but that's mostly for the health of IS though I won't pretend to have a clear picture of that situation. I think dredge and DP will bring folks back and we'll get into a more traditional mmo content cycle where players come and go as new content arrives. I think we're fast approaching/already arrived at a need for 1.5 though, too many people running out of stuff to do.

So, is the game dying? I wouldn't say so, just dropping into a population/content lull as people finish gearing their mains and leveling up alts/crafting. Give us Dredge/DP/Fort Instances!

8 hours ago, Advanced said:

Group quests are dead.

Party quest are going to die.

Population is decreasing. We need a server merge. If you bought candies with real money. You are in for a nasty retribution. All that money you used to buy candies and fashion. You are going to waste all your effort and money when this game dies. The game is dying, Siel can't even reach 3k players on the weekdays. On the weekends there's only 3200 players.

I won't be surprised when the player count drops this weekends.

I have been doing group quests on Israphel all day, not a problem.

On Siel it's definitely getting harder to find groups on Elyos side anyway, at least mid levels (where I'm stuck). A merge will only prolong the inevitable, but it won't fix it. Merges only temporarily put pressure on the bleed, but it's still bleeding. Since CAion, merges haven't done much in the long term unfortunately. 

Things that could help are definitely easier solutions, like active bot bans, rift-free time, more quests, etc. I can't walk 5 feet on Elyos side without coming across at least one bot, if not a bot with a half dozen other bots in tow. You can't group to finish quests, and you stand no chance against the constant groups of asmo. Rifts should be limited time  events, not be constant access.  

Either way you look at it, the numbers are decreasing greatly. Most of the numbers they do have are likely bots.  I myself have been home sick with COVID, so I've been able to play quite a bit over the past few days, and it's definitely interesting seeing the numbers drop so much. Can't say I'll spend much time here after I return to work, the headache of dealing with the dwindling numbers, the botting, and the non-stop ganking aren't worth it. Merging two servers together won't fix this unfortunately.

I agree 100% with a Merge. IS Asmo here, 10pm Eastern Time yesterday: 2 grps in LFG. I decided to make a Asmo char on Siel and there were over 20 groups in LFG. IS is dead and unplayable. I cant say for Ely side on IS and Siel but I do know that Ely side on both servers can benefit from a Merge because Siel Elys get reinforcements. Theres a good ammount of Legions on Ely IS that can help Siel Ely pvp during sieges. The few asmos on IS that are left would just be a small help to Siel Asmos. In my case it would actually give me a reason to log on. Right now I cant run Adma or DC without waiting over an hour to fill a group because there is just no one to run it with.

Archived