WTF IS THIS

Zero

Gonna just chime in here with: Seen this particular bug about a thousand times over the years. Everyone has looked like this to other players without knowing it because Aion is a tangled ball of code spaghetti with more idiosyncratic bugs than actual mechanics. These become especially prevalent when you're off the beaten path and dealing with uneven terrain and lots of dips/weird angles. As for the fall damage that can pretty much be written off as some kind of iteration of your perceived position of them =/= their actual position. Happens all the time. Had a sin dinging me with their bow in the abyss last night from 32 meters away for a few seconds as the game resolved our proper distances. Same reason why you sometimes read a steady 24 meters on your screen but you still get the "Too far from target" banshee shrieking in your ear.

Aion is a...special game.

Adding an "I don't know this person or if they definitively were/weren't hacking but it looks like a bug okay thanks have a nice day."

20 minutes ago, Jian said:

At 3:42 glad is attacking him from 1m, same second he teleport at 9m distance "target too far away", is clearly teleport cheat.

Also he isn't at same position when he fall down the first time is more near the kisk. These people defending cheaters are so ridicolous

As per every other case of hacking or anything caught on video that looks suspicious, send it on up to support. I'd almost guarantee this case is not hack/exploit related but debating it based on feeling or pretending you have a clear picture of what is/isn't cheating is disingenuous/presumptive. The video is showcasing a common but annoying/unfortunate bug that renders any visual distance gauging completely inaccurate which is why 3:42 looks the way it does. You're relying on visual clues to judge a situation where there is a visual/positional bug in play. If that doesn't explain things well enough for you, that's what support is for and we live in hope that they do their jobs correctly and ban anyone employing a malicious 3rd party program. If we were looking for proof of some kind of teleportation hack, we'd see the evidence in the chanter moving whilst ankle snared, which he does not appear to.

Unfortunate reality is that people accuse other people of hacking all the time whenever something doesn't "look" right in a game where you have a 70/30 shot of something looking extremely wrong for completely explainable reasons. Any show of hands for how many sins get accused on ani hacking because people don't know how fast sins can attack or what weaving looks like when it's done right and dumpstering you 100-0 in 3 seconds? It happens constantly. Stuff like this should go to support for evaluation if you think it warrants a look at the logs, same as anything else suspicious. This is the result of posting something like this on the forums, sometimes you get your big gotcha energy squashed by the biggest hype-murderer of all time, an explanation.

After watching the clip again you can see the bug begin after the aether's hold -> remove shock. That is exactly when this kind of bug would occur, given the uneven terrain and wonky fall. You can probably even reproduce it for those looking to educate themselves out of an "I don't understand what happened so it's obviously hacks" pit.

2 hours ago, Bip said:

I don't understand P2W people (as someone said he is full 40e +15, full MR, weapon +15). At this stage of the game you will win pretty much any fight for that gear alone. Doesn't require any skill lol.

I mean, it's not fun at all to steamroll people that couldn't win. That's just my opinion, though. You may find it fun for some weird reason...

Sure people will catch up and even things, but really? Just play the game and get your stuff along with everyone else. It's much more fun for me at least, to fight equaly-ish geared people.

Unless it was not P2W and just no-life 16h/day of play, then cudos to you (I guess?!).

Since we all know that a game with vertical progression must be P2W,  and top players can always steamroll noobs.  The people who did not quit must liked or accepted the situation. It well explained why lv50s kill lowbies through rift because they want to steamroll others too.

You can try to fight equally geared people but it won't fun as you thought in Aion.  The people who are gonna fight you won't give you such a chance and they will gank you instead.

I first thought it to be some form of cheat as I know there are cheats that replicate this movement. 

Although it is a known bug due to remove shock.  

This was taken back in 2014. 

As far as the no fall damage, possibly he was at a height not to cause it (something we can't visually verify if he is genuinely bugged out too), or he could be using the very same cheats that do replicate this movement.

It's hard to say, unfortunately needs more evidence to truly convict. 

like the post says "wtf is this" wasent putting this up to to bran him of cheating despite what i was saying lol, everyone gets heated when you get rolled and see some weird stuff going down, no disrespect was intended to anyone, if its a bug its a bug end of story now we all know what it is and it needs to be addressed to stop further accusations against players 

His character porting around (from your pov only mind you) is not hacking, it's a bug as old as Aion. KD's and Aether Holds will do that from time to time.

On top of that you're fighting some juiced up swipe chanter with +15 40e/+15 lannok staff while being lower levelled/geared yourself. 

Ohh this guy is always "glitching" around the mountains near DC, it's hilarious, we have quite a few clips of it happening. I mean, could very well be the visual bug we all know of, just funny how we only reliably see it from him. Hmmmmmm.

Oh well, just send it in, though, unless he's completed a few extra quests in SR I doubt anything will happen even if it's real 🤭

I mean, whatever you got on video, there is nothing there that shows any signs of hacking, the only thing that might be something is the fall damage but it could be lag/visual bug, you seeing him further away than he really is.

Archived