Make selling Loot Rights a ban offence again. Lock loot to groups.

Shenkt

Selling LR in vanilla was a ban offence.

With the RMT candy, the bots that are still farming, and the insipid LRights going on; we are heading down the same bad path.

Loot rights selling, changes the method of gearing game in game, to the extent that a player can avoid an instance, yet still claim its reward. (how'd you get that bro?  VISA!)

Selling these reward rights skew the economy on the game by encouraging the RMT elements (whether they be NCSOFT candy or just kina seller) to continue.

Remove RMT candy, Start banning the high level bots and work your way back to the starting zones. Cut off their income.

Stop the selling ability of loot rights by game mechanics locking loot to the party. Make people work for their gear.

this actually makes zero sense to implement.  why are YOU mad about loot rights?  why you mad someone doesnt wanna do an instance?  do you  ever think maybe they have done it,  100 times, and never seen the item they need?  why should it go to waste from another group?   you're not thinking clearly.

of all the things wrong with aion classic,  this is not one of them.

9 minutes ago, heydarling said:

Do you  ever think maybe they have done it,  100 times, and never seen the item they need? 

Why should it go to waste from another group?   you're not thinking clearly.

Then do it 101 times.

If it decays, then it decays.

The game is not meant to be easy.

If you have never had to do the delivery quest to get enough kina to leave Sanctum, then you do not know classic.

2 minutes ago, Shenkt said:

Then do it 101 times.

If it decays, then it decays.

The game is not meant to be easy.

still have zero affect on you.  i've never in my life heard anyone upset by selling loot rights.  you have way too much time on your hands.

why dont you use this pent up aggression towards things that arent real and go to an online class.

https://www.edx.org/

4 minutes ago, heydarling said:

still have zero affect on you.  i've never in my life heard anyone upset by selling loot rights.  you have way too much time on your hands.

why dont you use this pent up aggression towards things that arent real and go to an online class.

https://www.edx.org/

You want a game that is easy mode. Aion wasn't. It was the first decent Korean MMO Grind. We played hard, we fought hard. 

The effect is the way in which players group to obtain things they want.

You have outlined the reason why money makes it possible to just 'get what you want', and at the same time think that your LACK of contribution to the faction in attempting to acquire your items has no consequence.

It does.

When someone doesn't have to go there to get something, their contribution to a group getting to that end boss is also put at risk.

The game becomes duo groups soloing instances to sell LR. 

I'm not needing a crystal ball here. This is all fact.

TBH I don't think there is anything wrong with loot right its still used to this day on live servers and I don't think that's what killed the live servers, there is bigger issues like bots that need dealing with which so far nothing been done, there bigger issues with the ban wave that happened to SR players doing the repeat quests and done nothing wrong, there bigger issues with the hacks in game that's nothing being done about,  and thats only a few things i can list many which is more important, all you seem to care about is loot rights ?

i have never seen anyone go on about something so irrelevant to the health of a game.   instances have nothing to do with contribution.  in fact,  you're actually making my point for me.

if someone is ONLY farming instances all day to get a weapon that wont drop, they're being taken away from ACTUALLY contributing to the faction.  sitting in an instance 24/7 doesnt make this game superior because its a grinder.  people have a right to spend their kinah how they want to.  it truly has zero affect on you at all.  

1 minute ago, heydarling said:

i have never seen anyone go on about something so irrelevant to the health of a game.   instances have nothing to do with contribution.  in fact,  you're actually making my point for me.

if someone is ONLY farming instances all day to get a weapon that wont drop, they're being taken away from ACTUALLY contributing to the faction.  sitting in an instance 24/7 doesnt make this game superior because its a grinder.  people have a right to spend their kinah how they want to.  it truly has zero affect on you at all.  

The fact you are trying so hard to convince that this need to remain, just re-enforces the reasoning that it should make ZERO difference to remove it.

LR only exist to drag players out of content that they keep asking for, promote RMT by the offline selling of these items.

If this is a game breaking element; do we really want the SELLING of loot right to bosses that people didn't kill, to be so vital to the game?

Just now, Shenkt said:

The fact you are trying so hard to convince that this need to remain, just re-enforces the reasoning that it should make ZERO difference to remove it.

LR only exist to drag players out of content that they keep asking for, promote RMT by the offline selling of these items.

If this is a game breaking element; do we really want the SELLING of loot right to bosses that people didn't kill, to be so vital to the game?

I don't know what your on here, I don't think anyone on this posts agrees with you, yet many don't know why it upsets you so much. 

Just now, Wsnow said:

I don't know what your on here, I don't think anyone on this posts agrees with you, yet many don't know why it upsets you so much. 

This post could die if everyone ignored him. He's happy to get anyone to interact with him regardless if they agree or not.

1 hour ago, Shenkt said:

afaik this is not true. NC West staff used to sell L/R on our retail servers; I specifically remember CM Cyan on the Ereshkigal server. I didn't play that server but was told that people had asked him for confirmation that it was not rule-breaking.

The only issue is RMT which is rule-breaking, but if you block L/R then people will just RMT to be carried by a 5-man group instead. May as well not harm our best source of legitimate kinah farming just to moderately inconvenience, but not at all stop, the people you're campaigning against

1 hour ago, Shenkt said:

With the RMT candy, the bots that are still farming, and the insipid LRights going on; we are heading down the same bad path.

Loot rights selling, changes the method of gearing game in game, to the extent that a player can avoid an instance, yet still claim its reward. (how'd you get that bro?  VISA!)

Selling these reward rights skew the economy on the game by encouraging the RMT elements (whether they be NCSOFT candy or just kina seller) to continue.

Remove RMT candy, Start banning the high level bots and work your way back to the starting zones. Cut off their income.

Stop the selling ability of loot rights by game mechanics locking loot to the party. Make people work for their gear.

Please don't. Thank you.

i think is a problem of patch .

this discuss happens in begin of 2.0 at retail around 2011 and in the end after 2.7 the NC decided to not make L/R a BAN offense. but they change the patch and put its IMPOSSIBLE to do.

for who remember .

so many plp becomes full of STORMWING SET"s whithout run a single instance cuz the L/R in this time, so many plp dont wanna to RUN the instance waiting for someone to sell parts.

so the game was made to play. go efforts spend scrolls/pots/candies and time. even if they have money to buy everything its make the game like a solo OFFENSE, we are factions /groups /Ally so its depends to us help each other and  not only stay in the city whit a bunch of kinah in your pockets waiting for someone do all the job EVEN IF IT WORTHS.

i know kinah can buy like everthyng. but not all things.

2 hours ago, Shenkt said:

No it wasn't lol. Even in 2.x people were doing it. It was always a normal part of old Aion and never once did I hear anything about it being unallowed or bannable. 

1 hour ago, heydarling said:

this actually makes zero sense to implement.  why are YOU mad about loot rights?  why you mad someone doesnt wanna do an instance?  do you  ever think maybe they have done it,  100 times, and never seen the item they need?  why should it go to waste from another group?   you're not thinking clearly.

SPOT ON! 

I've done FT over 150 times and never seen the Polearm that I am after. 

I will buy it as soon as someone will sell it and never step foot in that cursed instance. 

As long as the loot opens free for all after 10 minutes then there is no reason to make it against the rules. If they want it to be locked to the group that was there, they would simply have to change the mechanics.

It is not like support has enough man power to handle all that loot trading to alts and friends.

Frankly if they were to ever "remove L/R sales" they would have to significantly buff the drop rate of... well... everything.

I ran Fire Temple 168 times and never saw the Staff or Mace drop (not even Blues.) I ended up spending everything I had to get enough coins to buy the 36 Coin Mace, and even then I was still behind the people who actually got their weapon drop, because now I was behind in kinah they didn't have to spend.

Since hitting 50 it's been a similar situation hunting the Deep Abyss gear. I've been running DC 2-3 times a day since I was high enough to enter it (5 weeks ago) and so far I have only seen the boots twice and the pants once.

My drop RNG has been so hilariously bad that I've started exclusively joining L/R sale groups, so that when I don't get my items to drop I can at least be making money off of the items that do drop to eventually buy L/R when someone finally sells them. I'm still missing 2 pieces (skipping Gloves) but hey at least I've been able to make hundreds of millions of kinah selling items to other people... right?

Honestly if they removed L/R sales I would just not play, because it would be an affirmation that I am completely wasting my time attempting to do dungeons, and Cleric was the wrong class to choose if I wanted to spend my days mindlessly PvPing. 

Sure I could join a run tomorrow and have the most insane luck and get a chain drop on every boss, but there's an even greater chance that I join another run that has 0 items for me. 

Nobody cares. People can have all good PVE gears but they gotta get PVP gears and enhance them again.

Ban LR is not a problem.  People can buy runs.

Candy is not a thing in late game.  Do you really think people are stupid enough to sell 60 pieces of candy for a single enhancement stone ?

Archived