Make selling Loot Rights a ban offence again. Lock loot to groups.

Shenkt

On 8/11/2021 at 7:00 AM, heydarling said:

this actually makes zero sense to implement.  why are YOU mad about loot rights?  why you mad someone doesnt wanna do an instance?  do you  ever think maybe they have done it,  100 times, and never seen the item they need?  why should it go to waste from another group?   you're not thinking clearly.

of all the things wrong with aion classic,  this is not one of them.

THIS.

It is 2021, we don't have the time nor the patience as we did back 2009/2010.

It would have been better if they gave you the ability to get the items you want in a more secure way (e.g. by collecting fragments from instance bosses, combining them and getting a chest for your class) than the RNG diarrhea they have now in pretty much everything.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

It would have been better if they gave you the ability to get the items you want in a more secure way (e.g. by collecting fragments from instance bosses, combining them and getting a chest for your class) than the RNG diarrhea they have now in pretty much everything.

The RNG right now is totally fine. Retail was/is way worse.

All this complaining about L/R Sale is something i will never understand. It will become less by default with 1.5 Patch so just wait.

Before you stop L/R Sales first fix the bot issue. There is thanks to those no reliable way to make money as a legit player. Alchemy & Cooking they undercut each other to the point you make no profit/ even less Kinah that you initially paid for non gatherable stuff. 

25 minutes ago, Chintsuzai said:

The RNG right now is totally fine. Retail was/is way worse.

All this complaining about L/R Sale is something i will never understand. It will become less by default with 1.5 Patch so just wait.

Before you stop L/R Sales first fix the bot issue. There is thanks to those no reliable way to make money as a legit player. Alchemy & Cooking they undercut each other to the point you make no profit/ even less Kinah that you initially paid for non gatherable stuff. 

I am sorry but this is an aversion of a problem, it is a "how to win every argument" tactic, I am not sure if you went to psychology university or you are doing this unconsciously, whatever the case that is a basic argument and I am above that.

--> RNG was, is and will always be the reason Aion dies. <--

This comment linked below (which is in the same post, but 1st page) explains that he run Fire Temple 163 times and he never saw the weapon he wanted, so the sentence "RNG is fine" is a phrase that try to downgrade the issue of RNG by mentioning "it is fine" without an argument or example (even though there is an example that proves you wrong). 163 FT runs and still no weapon, fine for you, not fine for him.

The sentence "Retail is worse" is another phrase that tries to compare two irrelevant issues that do not counteract each other. It is like saying "it is ok you lost your job, at least you don't have cancer".

The last thing you do is mention yet another problem that is not conflicting with RNG, is the bots. Bots exist, they are a solo problem that requires a solo solution. Once you solve the bot problem the RNG is still there and not solved, two totally irrelevant issues. Bots is a continuous problem, it can never be fully solved, RNG is an engine into the game it could be changed by code yesterday!

~~~

In any case I assure you that nobody quit the game because of botting itself. Cheating while pvping is a good reason people quit for example.

But RNG is the single most important reason why Aion died in every possible way, people never got to play the game, they gambled it and once they lost, they simply quit. RNG is what gives the bots more power since they provide currency or goods that you cannot get. They become part of the economy because they get things a legit player will never see BECAUSE of RNG in the loots.

RNG is the biggest problem because it is the game itself, it is in the mechanics, it is designed by the developers, it is not a 3rd party program that the developers didn't take into consideration, the actual problem of RNG is what developers made consciously.

~~~

The post on how RNG is not fine:

11 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

I am sorry but this is an aversion of a problem, it is a "how to win every argument" tactic, I am not sure if you went to phhychology univrsity or you are doing this unconsciously.

--> RNG was, is and will always be the reason Aion dies. <--

This comment linked below (which is in the same post, but 1st page) explains that he run Fire Temple 163 times and he never saw the weapon he wanted, so the sentence "RNG is fine" is a phrase that try to downgrade the issue of RNG by mentioning "it is fine" without an argument or example (even though there is an example that proves you wrong). 163 FT runs and still no weapon, fine for you, not fine for him.

The sentence "Retail is worse" is another phrase that tries to compare two irrelevant issues that do not counteract each other. It is like saying "it is ok you lost your job, at least you don't have cancer".

The last thing you do is mention yet another problem that is not conflicting with RNG and loot rights, is the bots. Bots exist, they are a solo problem that requires a solo solution. Once you solve the bot problem the RNG is still there and not solved, totally irrelevant. Bots is a continuous problem, it can never be fully solved, RNG is an engine into the game, it can be changed by code yesterday!

~~~

In any case I assure you that nobody quit the game because of botting itself. Cheating while pvping is a good reason people quit for example.

But RNG is the single most important reason why Aion died in every possible way, people never got to play the game, they gambled it and once they lost, they simply quit.

RNG is the biggest problem because it is the game itself, it is in the mechanics, it is designed by the developers, it is not a 3rd party program that the developers didn't take into consideration, the actual problem of RNG is what developers made consciously.

~~~

The post on how RNG is not fine:

So every game dies because of RNG?  Nice. EVERYONE joining classic should be aware this has been a thing until 1.9 when the Golden Daeva Patch dropped and the droprates & kinah rates were pushed extremely.

Drops from Instances will be buffed quite a lot with 1.5 the first time.

Given current Content is Open PVP Raid and 2 Endgame Instances i still say RNG is totally fine. Work for your stuff either by gathering Kinah and buy L/R or run the Instance as much as possible or since its possible CRAFT your Weapon/Armor.

Once DP hits most of the Weapons are useless except for Lannok-Staff, Lannok-GS, Bakarma-Pole.

And sorry to say that running ft 163 times is 100% a over exaggeration. I ran it at best 60 times outlvled FT in the Process went with gold random drop and moved on.

and ofc people left because of bots. I read almost every day in my guild people complaining that they take ages to do quests because of the amount of bots around.
Which is frustrating. The addition that new players cant make proper money throuh handicrafting consumables is also a big factor that cant be ignored.

Fix the cheating issue  --> Fix the bot issue --> Fix AP-Trading --> Fix L/R Sale like they did with 3.0 onward  <-- this should be NC-Softs priority.

@Arhangelos:
I would welcome a token based pitty system. Similar to Hairpins or Blessings in Steel Rake, one might get lucky to get the item dropped on the first run or just run it twenty times and get it by effort.

@Chintsuzai:
Your priorities might not be the same for everyone else. And just because you gave up after 60 attempts does not mean everyone else did.

8 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Arhangelos:
I would welcome a token based pitty system. Similar to Hairpins or Blessings in Steel Rake, one might get lucky to get the item dropped on the first run or just run it twenty times and get it by effort.

@Chintsuzai:
Your priorities might not be the same for everyone else. And just because you gave up after 60 attempts does not mean everyone else did.

Amen!

It is exactly like the proc recipes, someone could craft 20 recipes and always fail, then the proc recipes were implemented and only required twice the mats of the unproc'ed recipes!

Not a single person dared to craft with the unproc recipe again because nobody loves Aion' RNG!

9 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Arhangelos:

@Chintsuzai:

i didnt give up. FT just simply wasnt worthwile in terms of EXP and time investment. Made enough money to buy remaining silver coins and got 36 weapon and went on. Esp as cleric going in there for weapons not suitable for cleric its not worth in the slightest.

21 minutes ago, Chintsuzai said:

i didnt give up. FT just simply wasnt worthwile in terms of EXP and time investment. Made enough money to buy remaining silver coins and got 36 weapon and went on. Esp as cleric going in there for weapons not suitable for cleric its not worth in the slightest.

And that is a good thing you had another option, when the instance is the final one and you need that drop you won't have a different option. you will have to keep running it and sieve your game through a tiny pinhole called Aion's RNG.

12 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

And that is a good thing you had another option, when the instance is the final one and you need that drop you won't have a different option. you will have to keep running it and sieve your game through a tiny pinhole called Aion's RNG.

Given there are other options for everyone (except for kromede pole when u reeeeeeeeeeeeaallly badly want that extend )  Random Gold lvl 35 equal but not the same stats, and oh yeah crafting mostly better weapons with attackspeed available already at lvl 33. U dont have to commit to bossdrop RNG. 

2 hours ago, Chintsuzai said:

Fix the cheating issue  --> Fix the bot issue --> Fix AP-Trading --> Fix L/R Sale like they did with 3.0 onward  <-- this should be NC-Softs priority.

This seems to suggest that changes were made to L/R selling in 3.0, but as far as I remember there was no such change. L/R has been a thing the whole time and continues to be to this day in retail; having been used by NCW Community Manager Cyan when he was playing the retail server. It's not an issue, and so no fix has been issued :|

4 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

This seems to suggest that changes were made to L/R selling in 3.0, but as far as I remember there was no such change. L/R has been a thing the whole time and continues to be to this day in retail; having been used by NCW Community Manager Cyan when he was playing the retail server. It's not an issue, and so no fix has been issued :|

yeah my bad 4.0 all relevant instances dropped boxes for you if i recall correctly

8 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

One of the annoying things about SR are the quests and how everyone wants to turn in something every 5 minutes~

I'll just say that.

Archived