Jump to content
Forced-KR

AFK = what kills Aion

Recommended Posts

cant believe this isnt a post yet...

 

yes a few years ago befoe the gp system was introduced for a time ncsoft did in fact ban people for afk as long as you made a ticket and reported it...

i should know...i was one of the guilty ones who got the 3 day timeout when this was going on ;P

 

think its time to bring it back especially because of everglade.....its an afk blowout in there! kicking only can do so much as sometimes people can re enter and just afk

 

so what u guys think? time to put ncsoft customer service to work with the 3 day banhaminator!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can't even be bothered ban hackers, botters, and other such cheaters with full evidence. Why would they waste their time on AFKers? That'd be way too much effort for too little reward. They announced that they stopped banning for AFK when the game went F2P (five years ago) because it'd take too long. Did you get unlucky and get the one GM that would ban for it?

 

(and this was posted about a lot on the old forums, lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyinu-KR   
13 hours ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

They can't even be bothered ban hackers, botters, and other such cheaters with full evidence. Why would they waste their time on AFKers? That'd be way too much effort for too little reward. They announced that they stopped banning for AFK when the game went F2P (five years ago) because it'd take too long. Did you get unlucky and get the one GM that would ban for it?

 

(and this was posted about a lot on the old forums, lol)

^ This.

 

The days of getting banned for afking in a dredg are long long gone. Support is still quoting the 5.0 rules for getting awards at sieges and can't seem to ban someone that is level 72, has no gear, is using no scrolls, gets parried 50% of the time and -still- manages to get top dps on an invasion boss. They -barely- manage to ban someone that Supermans in front of a whole group.. all of whom record and send the recordings in. And you want them to ban all afkers? From instances? From sieges? So not going to happen. Better to to assume you will have afkers and not let it bother you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So lets me simply throw it here... can we please get a change in EVERYTHING that involves random people entering and being afk?

Evergale: I entered like 5~6 times so far and I am done, Asmodian-SL side = king afkers, I do not even know what the rewards for winning are.

Pandaimonium Siege: People keep entering their alts, leave them afk and real players can't get in. Yes people use programs to automatically enter multiple chars.

Sieges: Coalition...? REALLY? Who thought about a system that you can't team with the people you want, or you can't even go solo? Last time I was in a group and all 5 people in there except me were afking! I literally just saw all their HP and MP bars being full and not moving an inch and then found they were all afk, one of them was inside the 10th most ranked people!

SOLUTIONS:

Evergale and many instances where you enter as a random entry AFK = no rewards, your char needs to do things and have a personal contribution

Pandaimonium siege: make several instances of it, and give people 1 enty per char, you enter it, you are done for the week, everyone should get the chance to enter once a week. Or better yet, afk and no dmg no healing no buffing no moving = 0 rewards.

Coalition: either remove it from game (and bring back the good old days of GP farming and transform group-droppers) or make whoever doesn't contribute to get no rewards as well.

~~~~~~

I know in many instances you can enter with a premade but lets be honest, this game is dieing and we need to make the game playable even for people who don't know 50 people, hoping half of them are online so they can make their own alliance to enter evergale.

Maybe leave the premade instances as they are, if 6 people decide to get in dredgion to afk it, let them get their 7k AP but in a random entry afk = 0 rewards

Evergale random entry = 0 rewards

Pandaimonium siege afk = 0 rewards.

Coalition afk = 0 rewards

...save this game!

Edited by Arxaggelos-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-TM   

AFKing has been the grey on every Aion players' black-white world since the first day. It is one of non-issues that cannot be solved because there is always a case which renders a "solution" useless.

Evergale Canyon

What exactly counts as "something"? Flipping an artifact fragment? There are so many people you may not have the chance. Killing a boss? Waste of time, and credit for them is somewhat wonky. Kill a mob? Kill one and afk the rest of the time. PvP? The opposing team can kill you before you touch them, or they may be nowhere to be found. Being near the action? Just follow for a moment and afk.

Coalition

Well, I always considered a bit nyerkity how single groups who killed one mob got more rewards than the whole league which actually took the fortress. Not saying this system is perfect, but I feel it is a lot fairer than the old one.

Dredgion Defense

First of all, if people actually use macros to queue up for this, then, LOL, that is a whole new level of laziness.

As for the topic, with the instance being removed in the near future, I would try to get the most out of it. I still need an orb for my SM and the whole set for my Gunner.

 

There is something though. Evergale and DDef allow leaders to kick players. If the leader is truly dedicated to that run, then they can kick the AFK. I still think that is wrong for Evergale, since I have experienced (once towards me, several other cases towards others) several cases of people being wrongly kicked.

For insance, people lagging, people who had just ressed, but most importantly, disagreement with leaders. Really annoying as well when they begin kicking even though the run is pretty much done and all you can do is afk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyinu-KR   

I remember the days of afkers in dredg (and there was only one!) getting a three day. Though it was equally frustrating to get trained in the first two minutes and then have to feed yourself into the meat grinder over and over to avoid that three day (since you couldn't risk afking) while the other team's sin took all the surks. Ofc the answer then is the same answer as now.. go in with a pre-made.

Coalition

Not sure you are remembering the old days the same way that I do. Solo in sieges was absolutely the way to go if you wanted to max out your GP. However that punished everyone who was trying to work together to actually -take- a fort. The Coalition system, I think, was meant to remove that selfish bit.. forcing everyone to "work together". The key word there would be WORK. There really should be a way for the game to distinguish between someone that is actively dpsing/healing and someone that is standing in the center waiting for everyone else to carry them to victory. (Though I must admit, I do love when a member of the opposition shows up and just slaughters all those afkers. Lol.)

 

Dredg Defense

Lol. There aren't macros or programs to get your alts into Dredg Defense! You just need more than one machine.. each with two clients open. Let's not get too paranoid. Afkers in Dredg Defense are actually more detrimental than they are in Coalition sieges because there are certain tasks that need to get done and it is really difficult to assign those tasks to alliances when less than half of them are actually playing. What we have done on KR (which isn't always successful because potato) is ask people to wait 5 minutes before putting any afk characters in so that the first few alliances are full with actual playing characters.

 

I honestly think the days of Support handing out three days for afk are long long gone. Mostly because.. Support. It would be really nice if NCSoft Korean Devs could come up with a way to distinguish true afk from all those things that Byros pointed out and handed out rewards accordingly.

 

Also, it would be really really really great if Coalition contribution wasn't reset when you DC and/or get a Send Log Error. Seriously. That isn't hard. Just give people a 10 minute grace period to get back into the game or something.. like they do with your dp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bryos-TM said:

It is one of non-issues that cannot be solved because there is always a case which renders a "solution" useless.

Evergale Canyon

What exactly counts as "something"?

Coalition

Well, I always considered a bit nyerkity how single groups who killed one mob got more rewards than the whole league which actually took the fortress. Not saying this system is perfect, but I feel it is a lot fairer than the old one.

Dredgion Defense

First of all, if people actually use macros to queue up for this, then, LOL, that is a whole new level of laziness.
As for the topic, with the instance being removed in the near future, I would try to get the most out of it. I still need an orb for my SM and the whole set for my Gunner.

It is an issue and it can be solved.
What counts as something? Points, the more you dps an  enemy, the more dmg you get, the more points you earn while doing something counts as a reward. You killed one person or flipped a camp and then went, ok get a tiny reward for what you did. Every class is a damaging class or a healing class and everyone takes damage, if you are doing none of these then you are an afker.
 

15 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

go in with a pre-made.

Coalition

There really should be a way for the game to distinguish between someone that is actively dpsing/healing and someone that is standing in the center waiting for everyone else to carry them to victory.
It would be really nice if NCSoft Korean Devs could come up with a way to distinguish true afk from all those things that Byros pointed out and handed out rewards accordingly.

 

Also, it would be really really really great if Coalition contribution wasn't reset when you DC and/or get a Send Log Error. Seriously. That isn't hard. Just give people a 10 minute grace period to get back into the game or something.. like they do with your dp.

Doyou also remember the leader of alliances (even the GP suicide teams) running aiDPS meter to see who is contributing and who is not? People can do it, so does the server. In a pve siege (or a pvp one) your job is to dps the mobs or enemies and heal your members. It is actually more simple that it sounds.

And yes, getting a dc or critical error shouldn't reset your points, but that is what happens when you have coalition, in the old days you could do some dps, leave from the siege and wherever you were in the Aion world, you would get rewards for your contribution, they are breaknig things that worked before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

What we have done on KR (which isn't always successful because potato) is ask people to wait 5 minutes before putting any afk characters in so that the first few alliances are full with actual playing characters.

We do this on IS-A too. As you said, not always successful. I usually have 1-3 AFKers in my group. Not terrible at first thought, but then you realize that's like up to 50% sometimes lol and it's like yikes. I, personally, hate seeing a group that has an afk cleric and no chanter or songweaver in it, so it's just the other poor classes trying to pop pots constantly. I'd never afk on my chanter for this reason. I just feel like support classes have something of a responsibility to actually SUPPORT in these instances. Temps, rangers, etc... ehh, more lenient on those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vantheria-IS said:

We do this on IS-A too. As you said, not always successful. I usually have 1-3 AFKers in my group. Not terrible at first thought, but then you realize that's like up to 50% sometimes lol and it's like yikes. I, personally, hate seeing a group that has an afk cleric and no chanter or songweaver in it, so it's just the other poor classes trying to pop pots constantly. I'd never afk on my chanter for this reason. I just feel like support classes have something of a responsibility to actually SUPPORT in these instances. Temps, rangers, etc... ehh, more lenient on those.

Yeah, it's like...AFK on any character but chanter/cleric/SW please. The gear and crap is tradable anyway. Getting to level 66 takes a day, maybe three if you're lazy. Make some 66 alts during the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly go on my chanter, but somehow my EU lag always puts me in like alliance 15 or so which is full of afk BR's.
It's kinda hard to support when the 5 people of your group are in 5 different locations -_-
I mostly follow people that are actually doing something useful even if they aren't in my group / alliance.

 

to the topic: I think the responsabillity of kicking afk-ers lays with the leaders - do your alliance ready checks,
warn people if they seem afk before kicking them (you never know what's going on). 
But ultimately, if there's no response before the recruitment period passes, I'd say kick em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryos-TM   
1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-SL said:

It is an issue and it can be solved.
What counts as something? Points, the more you dps an  enemy, the more dmg you get, the more points you earn while doing something counts as a reward. You killed one person or flipped a camp and then went, ok get a tiny reward for what you did. Every class is a damaging class or a healing class and everyone takes damage, if you are doing none of these then you are an afker.

That is the point. In Evergale Canyon, points only come from artifact fragments, PvP and bosses.

  • As I said before, a single person cannot get points from artifact fragments. There are only 3/5 available during a run and they only flip sometimes depending on the group you are against. If you force players to get points from those fragments, only like 5 or 6 of those 24 to 96 people would get the instance's reward.
  • Then you have PvP. What if you join a run where Elyos/Asmos are standing only in their base because your team wrecked them? Or if your alliance/group is assigned to guard a fragment which is never attacked/stolen by the other team? Or if you join a run where your team has given up, so you attempt to go for an Elyos so you can get rewards, but you cannot kill even one because you are attacked by the whole group. Or if you join to afk and put yourself in follow so you get contribution for not doing anything, because you were near the PvP even if you did nyerk, that being really easy to overcome.
  • Then bosses, which some alliances completely ignore because they are not worth the time. Maybe the opposing faction kills it before you get there, maybe your team kills it before you get there. Or maybe they are just dead because you end up on a group which already killed them.

So, in the end, would you rather give rewards to everyone, including afk people, or prevent a certain number of active people from getting rewards? I would personally go for the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bryos-TM said:

That is the point. In Evergale Canyon, points only come from artifact fragments, PvP and bosses.

  • As I said before, a single person cannot get points from artifact fragments. There are only 3/5 available during a run and they only flip sometimes depending on the group you are against. If you force players to get points from those fragments, only like 5 or 6 of those 24 to 96 people would get the instance's reward.
  • Then you have PvP. What if you join a run where Elyos/Asmos are standing only in their base because your team wrecked them? Or if your alliance/group is assigned to guard a fragment which is never attacked/stolen by the other team? Or if you join a run where your team has given up, so you attempt to go for an Elyos so you can get rewards, but you cannot kill even one because you are attacked by the whole group. Or if you join to afk and put yourself in follow so you get contribution for not doing anything, because you were near the PvP even if you did nyerk, that being really easy to overcome.
  • Then bosses, which some alliances completely ignore because they are not worth the time. Maybe the opposing faction kills it before you get there, maybe your team kills it before you get there. Or maybe they are just dead because you end up on a group which already killed them.

So, in the end, would you rather give rewards to everyone, including afk people, or prevent a certain number of active people from getting rewards? I would personally go for the former.

1) I am talking about implementing a point system that will simply work. Pvp, killing things, flipping camps, healing people, using skills against the enemy even if you die. Contribution the way we mean it in human language not in what Evergale is at the moment

2) If you join a run where your team wrecked them you are the winner, a winning side gets rewards. If you enter an Evergale that was just wrecked by the opposing function simply leave and re-enter. Follow and do nothing = no contribution, no skills used, no dmg to the enemy, it has to be a combination of all these things. Being on follow = server knows it, I mean the game is packet-request type, whatever you do, the server knows. In the case where you guard an artifact how about that artifact gets some things spawned there so you can "use" them or "kill them" or this and that that would give points at frequent intervals? I am talking about implementing things that would keep you active even if your job is to guard an artifact. Inside  Idgel dome you get some things spawned in the center that give points, even when you are ruling the game you still get them to get the points. Even if your enemy is afk you still kill them. Even if your side is bad and you try to kill and be active some point system should be implemented so you could get your basic loser rewards.

3) The bosses not worth the time because Evergale is what it is, I am talking about fixing and changing things to make them worth or change the whole point system.

In the end this is what this section is about: "suggestions". You already said you'd rather have all afkers get contribution than to prevent an active person from getting contribution. Well this way I am active and I get the afk contribution. And I am starting to get bored of the game because either afk or not, I get the same reward.

Be constructive and lets hope they change things up and implement a point system that makes every instance worth being active and give the afkers no rewards!

...I am sorry but you sound like a person who likes to afk and you don't want to even think that you would have to be active to get rewards. If you are so unapologetic on behalf of the afkers and you are not sick of them already then you are probably part of the problem.

I'd rather get 0 rewards in a system that punishes the losing side, than to get in an instance and see the afkers get rewards while drugging me with them in the losing side.

Edited by Arxaggelos-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFK'ing isn't going to kill the game. NCsoft is.

They haven't changed it in Korea. They're not about to change it here.

We're losing Sanctum/Pandy Battlefield in the next major patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

We're losing Sanctum/Pandy Battlefield in the next major patch.

We lose an instance that people actually participate in, yet we continue to have all of those useless "storerooms" in lower abyss... ¬¬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vantheria-IS said:

We lose an instance that people actually participate in, yet we continue to have all of those useless "storerooms" in lower abyss... ¬¬

#KoreaLogic

We lose Barracks too (UA instances).

BUT we get 3(?) new instances with Divine Fort siege back, including one new solo instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

#KoreaLogic

We lose Barracks too (UA instances).

BUT we get 3(?) new instances with Divine Fort siege back, including one new solo instance.

...and the funyn thing is that we had so many things and they removed them and now they bring some things back implying it is a new thing or we should be happy getting it back.

I mean they removed areas that could play a role like Danaria and Katalam and they "renovated" Ishalgen. Really they renovated an area that players spend like half an hour or so.

I personally never did any barracks in UA in my life because whatever is not solo is not my interest, I am not social in Aion and I turned even more anti-social now that the game dies. I also never did pandaimonium siege because I never managed to enter in Siel, so I won't miss this at all. I almost feel ok with removing pandaimonium siege because they made like this even in dieing servers people can still stay outside because it is full, imagine if the game was active like the good old days where thousands of people were playing.

I love how they start bringing solo things, like crucible spire and now the new thing you mentioned. I hated when they removed that solo instance in Silus fortress (I even forgot the name of it)

Edited by Arxaggelos-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My peeve about the coalition thing is not being able to choose which alliance to go to and then being stuck with some afk leader who refuses or is completely afk to pass lead. I absolutely refuse to res or heal anyone that isn't dps'ing/healing. I get a small bit of satisfaction when they are dead and stay dead when the deity dies.

I know Lokii in Siel Asmodian, has tried and suggested the same joining alts a few minutes late. But no one ever does it. So we're stuck with most of the alliances being 50% afk, and the deity being killed so slowly. Then we get overrun by Elyos cuz no one wants to pick up the pace, even mains are afk'ing. It's so frustrating. When people aren't able to just afk the siege, then they don't go. Basically the coalition allows for afking and getting rewards from other people's hard work while someone else sits on their butt. And promotes pve, no one wants to pvp.

Not part of the topic, but it'd also help if the heal aggro was fixed. Healers can't do crap when we have 789754389543 elite mobs trying to tear us down. Heal one person and we instantly have the aggro of the entire UA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Renascent-SL said:

 

Not part of the topic, but it'd also help if the heal aggro was fixed. Healers can't do crap when we have 789754389543 elite mobs trying to tear us down. Heal one person and we instantly have the aggro of the entire UA.

Thats a bit unrealistic... It was 789754389443 Kappa. Yea its pretty rough went to my first siege the other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If nothing can be done about AFK's in coalitions or dredgion defense, there should at least be a way to separate AFK's from active players in these alliances. So I can at least get heals... shoutout to cross group healers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-TM   

Lets put it this way. If afkers don't join instances/groups or w/e, whats going to happen to the que time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eleweaver-TM said:

Lets put it this way. If afkers don't join instances/groups or w/e, whats going to happen to the que time?

Well, after merge, I assume that won't be as much of an issue. But yeah, until then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×