AP Traders. Wipe them. Ban them. Post you have banned them.

1s31CD47

When Aion was first released we would report AP traders all the time, even post screenshots and video evidence on the forums and it was rare for someone to be banned. I'm sure it's even less likely something will be done now.

41 minutes ago, Gisele said:

When Aion was first released we would report AP traders all the time, even post screenshots and video evidence on the forums and it was rare for someone to be banned. I'm sure it's even less likely something will be done now.

And ban killing bots for AP. Just ban ban ban until nothing is left.

On 8/15/2021 at 3:38 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Most of the AP traders i have caught are also the same people selling candies in 500+ stacks at a time. Unfortunately they are not going to ban their cash grab in which is exactly what Aion classic is.

It's a poor business tactic not to ban these players though even if they start off with being wales at the start though. We have seen this over the last 12+ years on retail and we can tell you exactly how it goes. 

1. Game comes out, these few players blow their loads for the first few months hitting the max spending limit for NCsoft store.
  2.  These players get bored and start grieving other players and screwing up the in-game markets causing other players to stop playing or buying products from NCsoft.
  3.  Population continues to decrease and NCsoft makes less money so they start bombing us with Pay2Win events.
  4. The cheating players already have everything they need so have no incentive to keep giving NCsoft money.
  5. NCsoft can't understand why they're seeing decline in player spending along with dwindling population that's mostly unhappy so they just continue to spam events.
  6.  Server population is basically dead, the whales basically stop playing until next big patch or leave permanently. Remaining players are still so sour and angry with the the community that they spend less money on the game and watch as the population continues to decay.
  7. NCwest scratches their heads and finally make an attempt to reach out to the player base after it's been far to long to see "what the player concerns are."
  8. NCwest sees the majority of players complain about the AP traders, P2W hereos but ingores this and tries offering Free or easier to obtain PVP/PVE gear to the few remaining players.
  9. The few whales & AP Traders that are left scream and cry because they already blew their loads to obtain this gear and end up purposely trying to ruin the game more.
  10. Server merges occur. All hope is lost, only those truly naïve or addicted remain.

Seriously, NCwest doesn't learn from their past mistakes. The AP trading is crazy atm, just about every discord server has ppl reaching out to the other faction and setting up dates to AP trade with one another in open general chat rooms. People don't even hide it anymore. Even in game they openly joke, "It's not AP trading, we're just doing selective 1v1s..." The fact these these 1v1s always occur between decent ranks and always have the same person winning repeatedly gets ignored. 

SOLUTION: Implement the AP cap for single player kills a lot sooner. You can only obtain AP from player X for X amount of time per hour. We know NCwest has this technology because they've used it in the past to prevent AP trading, so why didn't you think ahead and implement this now?

I forgot to mention that this thread is a clear example of people making dumb calls to reduce the player population via bans rather than fixing the problem.

The problem with AP trading is the leverage the devs added. If you kill a player from the opposite faction you gain more AP than they loose. That needs to stop.

You should not gain anymore AP than what the other player looses. Problem solved, maybe one line of code needs patching that calculates the AP gain amount.

KR did it because their players can get crowns as many as they want from subscriptions. Their whales don't need to trade ap so NCsoft does not need to worry about false banning them.  We cannot buy crown here and many people already traded ap. Banning them will kill the game instantly. 

There is no borderline between PVP and AP trading. Image that your group get banned after you killed the same ganker 100 times.  I am sure  people will abuse this and make their enemies banned.

Trading AP is a good thing or there will be more AP hungry people go rifting.  Hunting newbies is more toxic than AP trading.  We should not force newbies to fight against geared PvPers. Just let them trade some AP and get ready for PVP earlier so we can have more fun 

7 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

Trading AP is a good thing or there will be more AP hungry people go rifting.  Hunting newbies is more toxic than AP trading.  We should not force newbies to fight against geared PvPers. Just let them trade some AP and get ready for PVP earlier so we can have more fun 

Lol... what do you think the AP traders do once they obtain their gear? They go use it to farm/grief newbies but okay.... 

In the original Aion subscription, we use to get Major Ancient Crowns every now and then under the Veteran rewards scheme.

They were a good idea because it reduces the chance of being  a ganking target if you can store AP in your warehouse and maintain a lower rank until you need to cash in the AP for gear.

1 minute ago, Rag-DN said:

Lol... what do you think the AP traders do once they obtain their gear? They go use it to farm/grief newbies but okay.... 

Or they become Governor.

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

ask yourself, would you go kill pink players with all your end game gears ?  you will get nothing from them and they won't lose any  ap to you

3 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

ask yourself, would you go kill pink players with all end game gears ?  you will get nothing from them and they won't lose any  ap to you

I get ganked by purples several times a day when grinding mobs in the Abyss, they don't care that I am too low level, and many are happy to wait until I am half health too.

2 minutes ago, Alvie said:

I get ganked by purples all the time when grinding mobs in the Abyss, they don't care that I am too low level.

They are level  50 does not mean that they have good gears. Most of them cannot fight geared people so they will kill lowbies instead.

10 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

ask yourself, would you go kill pink players with all your end game gears ?  you will get nothing from them and they won't lose any  ap to you

Yes...yes I would. I have played this game long enough to know that just because they are pink to me doesn't mean their not a twink that'll jump at the chance to grab a big chunk of AP from me. There are multiple twinks already that do this, they act like bots, wait till you engage someone else, then come rushing in for the kill.

7 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Yes...yes I would. I have played this game long enough to know that just because they are pink to me doesn't mean their not a twink that'll jump at the chance to grab a big chunk of AP from me. There are multiple twinks already that do this, they act like bots, wait till you engage someone else, then come rushing in for the kill.

Pink twinks are dumb, an L50 with exactly the same gear as the twink will do better, have more health, accuracy, better stigmas and more available skills than the twink.

The only thing I have seen twinks good for, is to gain access to lower level rifts for griefing  lowbies.

On 8/15/2021 at 3:38 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Most of the AP traders i have caught are also the same people selling candies in 500+ stacks at a time. Unfortunately they are not going to ban their cash grab in which is exactly what Aion classic is.

If Aion had more subscription players rather than relying more on loyalty, it would be less of a problem for NCsoft. You could have the problem of whale privilege with just about any item they sell. Candies do have a problem of their own as well~

17 hours ago, Zzzzzz said:

KR did it because their players can get crowns as many as they want from subscriptions. Their whales don't need to trade ap so NCsoft does not need to worry about false banning them.  We cannot buy crown here and many people already traded ap. Banning them will kill the game instantly. 

There is no borderline between PVP and AP trading. Image that your group get banned after you killed the same ganker 100 times.  I am sure  people will abuse this and make their enemies banned.

Nonsense.

No form of AP inflation should be considered a "good thing," the game was designed with a PvP based reward system (the intent being rewards for skill-based player battles). Trading AP, farming bots, or any other form of exploit to rise to the top should not be considered "good things." These things are bad for the game, they ruin player experience with imbalanced progression, which leads to controversy and other negative stigmas (not to mention the long overly drawn out hateful discussions had on these forums).

3 hours ago, Mashii-KT said:

No form of AP inflation should be considered a "good thing,"

There is no inflation because the gear supply is unlimited the price will never change . 

the game was designed with a PvP based reward system (the intent being rewards for skill-based player battles)

AP is not a reward only from PvP because people can get it from PvE too.  There is literally no skill-based player battle, The results of PVP are usually determined by gear, level and the amount of players on each side. Basically it is the same as AP trading when people are fighting against non-competitive enemies.

Trading AP, farming bots, or any other form of exploit to rise to the top should not be considered "good things."

Trading AP is not an exploit.  It is not against the TOS. AP traders are not abusing bugs or using a software from the 3rd party. 

These things are bad for the game, they ruin player experience with imbalanced progression, which leads to controversy and other negative stigmas (not to mention the long overly drawn out hateful discussions had on these forums).

You are not in the position to say these things are bad for the game  if you are not a developer or publisher.  It's literally none of your business.

How did AP trading ruin player experience ?  I swear to god you cannot give an opinion that is not selfish.

24 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

There is no inflation

You don't seem to understand much about inflation, bud. Economy constantly inflates, regardless of prices, nothing will ever stop it. Exploits used to speed up this inflation is what causes the damage and controversy.

AP is not a reward only from PvP because people can get it from PvE too.

Are you seriously comparing the amount of AP rewarded by PvE as viable versus bot farming? Are you delusional?

There is literally no skill-based player battle, The results of PVP are usually determined by gear, level and the amount of players on each side.

I never said there is/isn't skill-based battles. I said specifically that this was the *intent* of the game design. Take that for what it is, it's not a subjective topic.

Basically it is the same as AP trading when people are fighting against non-competitive enemies.

Trading AP is not an exploit.  It is not against the TOS. AP traders are not abusing bugs or using a software from the 3rd party. 

The lack of competition is rooted in the imbalance caused by the hyper inflation due to players abusing the system's exploits (AP trading, bot farming, hacks, botting in itself, etc., etc.). Failing to acknowledge this is where you are *fundamentally* wrong.

You are not in the position to say these things are bad for the game  if you are not a developer or publisher.  It's literally none of your business.

How did AP trading ruin player experience ?  I swear to god you cannot give an opinion that is not selfish.

Not sure what kind of PhD you expect people to have to point out nonsense on the Internet. This part of your spiel is clearly bait.

31 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

Every customer deserves the right and has the right to voice their concerns. It is their business as it does effect the community as a whole. Let me give some examples:

• AP traders during sieges obtain rewards by flying under the forts and trading kills. This takes away Medals from players that are playing the game legitly and actually contributing to the growth of their faction and community. 
  • AP Traders quickly out pace legit players in ranks and gear, allowing them to easily out DPS other players and granting them the advantage of camping vital world bosses that are needed to progress with gear in the game. (This is already happening with Alukina, Menos, and a few other world bosses in game) By doing so they are robbing legit players from the experience of ever even seeing these world bosses or even participate in their raids. Often times the items obtained from these bosses are kept for use by those AP traders or D/E'd for stones to progress their gear. Removing the loot from the community and servers.
  • AP Traders climb the Rankings faster then legit players. This often times can be bad because these players tend to have a "selfish" perspective of gameplay and will not use these vital high rank roles to help the faction, but instead use them as a Trophy position and just sit in town all day while their faction suffers.
  • AP trading causes other players to feel like they do not stand a chance to progress in the game, or they feel inadequate to continue to play the game as they can't figure out how the AP traders are gearing up so quickly. This discourages new and remaining players. I have witnessed  on multiple occasion top tier players leave the game due to these practices. Some of these players that have left would also be considered "whales" by the NCwest staff, meaning less $$$ is being spent on the Aion game which effects us all.

13 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Here is the ranked table of AP gain and loss  from a kill:  http://impetusium.blogspot.com/2009/08/abyss-compendium-access-points-ranks.html

If you kill a player from the opposite faction you gain more AP than they loose. That needs to be fixed.

You should not be able to gain anymore AP than what the opponent looses.

That isnt work like that, more your rank is hight less ap you gain again lower rank

Im rank 1 , and when i kill r9 i won 32 ap max , when i kill r6 i won around 130 ap,

But i lost 889 ap if i got killed , so i need to kill around 30 r9 to get it back

Archived