Weekly Server Maintenance - August 18, 2021

Arctic

4 hours ago, Chintsuzai said:

Everyone joining Classic new its patch 1.2 they rushed to 50 and now are complaining.... or are bored because they whaled their own fault. 

You got to do enough if you wouldn't whale or AP-Trade 24/7 (the "you" isnt to you specifically"

this is so wrong on so many levels its insane.

first of all, this game is ten years old. the current patch held up for years before aion really turned into something else.

i personally have leveled over 20 characters over the years in aion,  so rushing.... isnt really the right word you want to use here.

this is a REPEAT game.  not a new one.  so i doubt people RUSHED as much as they just knew what to do and how to get it done.

they really thought reviving a 12 year old game and charging out the ass for digital content that costs them nothing would be the move.

but its not.   people are SORELY unhappy and just because you might not have known aion, doenst mean everyone else did it wrong.

i assure you, leveling in aion was never "enjoyable".  this is 100% not why people came back.  so get off your high horse and listen to what people are saying.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the main reason for classic was rifting and pvp and the old maps that's what players missed, also a great deal more. 

TBH I am in no rush to lvl 50 yes I could have done it easy but wanted to enjoy the real feel of Aion once again. 

TBH I was hoping for more of the old Aion but what's to be is going to be. 

I was hoping they would release in EU even more so I could do Sieges etc sieges which meant sieges not what live has now. 

Yup i took my damn sweet time, I grind 40 to 46 with minimal quest only mission and SR then 46 to 50 by only doing SR, adma and DC once a day, not a single quest. I do one run of DC and adma per day, and i'm already done with my equipment, i only miss one nyerk earring from adma and pvp gear. Maybe i was lucky with my drop rate, but doesn't change the fact i have complete SR equipment, DC equipment, all gemmed, my MB staff, the best warhammer of this patch, very good shield, all that while having a job and a family to take care of, and i'm not the only one.

We know this game by heart, we don't need to take our damn sweet time reading every single quest, did some player nolife and got to lvl 50 in 2 weeks, yes absolutely, but it's been 2 month, most active player are 50 or very close to it. Not to mention 1.5 content bring 46+ content, not only lvl 50.

There's a big difference between rushing a game and playing it. MMORPG were never made for people who play 2 hours a weeks, so why should the update follow those people. MMORPG need a reason for people to keep loging on, right now there's less and less, a lot of people don't really need adma or DC anymore, making the PU group sparse, the fact both server have a really big dominating faction makes it impossible to farm UA and core for more then 5min without being bus by a group of +15 30e gear, which in return make people want to DC because they litteraly can't do anything. 

1.5 bring a bit of relief. Dredgion provide an alternative source of AP, once that is more random, since you won't always encounter that 30e +15 group everytime. One that reward you a bit even if you lost, not to mention it's exciting content, dredgion are fun. Dark poeta bring a new pve challenge, since it's a dungeon you CANNOT rush, therefore take more then the 10min adma take in your day, and loot class based armor, it bring interesting time consuming pve. All that top with Fenris/miragent which is the biggest time sink of history all motivate people to keep on playing.

saying" blablabla you rush the game it's your problem" is very dumb, israphel is down to 9%, mostly because people are bored and don't know what to do when they log on. There's a reason original release was 1.5 and not 1.2 and there was also a reason why they release 1.2 for classique, allowing a bigger time for everyone to reach 50 before releasing that content to people. Now it's the time to release it, Lot of my friendlist decided to stop playing until a 1.5 announcement, and if it's not soon they'll just stop playing period.

Nice, removing the Trailblazer Title from first pass from everyone without even mentioning it. Well played... 

Also Kill Asmodian & Elyos Rank 5 or higher 0/30 as Asmodian /Elyos ... 
Oh obtain 1 Ceranium Medal  okay get us to 3.0 ? content please...

What the actual Nyerk are you guys doing ? @Kibbelz

7 hours ago, Chintsuzai said:

Everyone joining Classic new its patch 1.2 they rushed to 50 and now are complaining.... or are bored because they whaled their own fault. 

You got to do enough if you wouldn't whale or AP-Trade 24/7 (the "you" isnt to you specifically"

What a dumb take. Saying the current patch has enough patch for anyone who doesn't whale or AP trade makes no sense. The vast majority don't whale or AP trade, however the same vast majority is begging for 1.5 because we're bored.

Most casual players were able to hit lvl 50 within the first month which means there's been no content for over a month now. Maybe running Adma and DC a couple times a day is enough to entertain someone like you, the rest of us want 1.5 for more content.

The pvp is limited to the abyss which no one likes to fight in, and the Bakarma/Indratu areas which are the only place to find higher level players to fight.

2 hours ago, 1s6F174 said:

permanent pets.

correction to my post above, the improvement to siege times is not 5am, 3am AEST for siels east instead of 8AM. its much better :P.O5Ulmp2.png

I'll update the AionNotes webpage, thank  you for doing this!

40 minutes ago, Chintsuzai said:

Nice, removing the Trailblazer Title from first pass from everyone without even mentioning it. Well played... 

Arena kills work for same faction and for weekly kill an enemy quest.

Also any medal works and you can just mail yourself 3 medals to complete that quest.

Again, Aion-Korea DID NOT GET 1.5 UNTIL 1 week ***AFTER*** 3rd daeva pass, yes that's weird AF but that's how it is, I doubt Aion-West has ever gotten an update in less time than Aion-Korea, combine that with what's already been said regarding when we will get 1.5 tells me at bare minimum we have 1 week to wait, also remember we don't know what 'among other factors' means, i'm not saying to Not rage quit BUT at least wait until we've waited the amount of time Korea had to wait that is all!

3 hours ago, Chintsuzai said:

Uhh.. You do know, Trailblazer is a 30 day title right?  You can't see it because NCSoft hasn't figured out how to fit all the text in the box but it's a 30 day title. Definitely not permanent, you really think they would give us a title like that permanently?

ppl that says whales have nothing to do thats why they want 1.5, are u guys ok? do u think whales or ap traders with full ap set wants 1.5 ? no they don't, cause they gonna lose their advantage if ppl can farm ap easily and catch up with gear. only ppl that we can't farm a **** we want 1.5 cause AD gives us a source to farm ap without being ganked by players with full ap set everytime we try to farm ap also DP gives a real challenge not like Adma or DC bored isntances that u can rush in 20 mins

4 hours ago, Jaga-DN said:

Uhh.. You do know, Trailblazer is a 30 day title right?  You can't see it because NCSoft hasn't figured out how to fit all the text in the box but it's a 30 day title. Definitely not permanent, you really think they would give us a title like that permanently?

since i just bought first months pass and had it until maint today i assumed its permanent. 

13 hours ago, Balazo said:

They quietly removed the ability for Trial/f2p players to loot greens now?

t9z54a3346i71.png?width=760&format=png&a

No announcement, notice, mention, anything... They just ninja patched that knife in the back of the free players...

How about keeping what is said on the details page of Siels's Aura, @Kibbelz?

uqYkx9C.png

3 hours ago, Iacerta said:

No announcement, notice, mention, anything... They just ninja patched that knife in the back of the free players...

uqYkx9C.png

as much as this sucks this change would have happened with 1.5 patch anyway.
blame the million bots by players & Kinahsellers 

1.5 Patchnotes

7 hours ago, Iacerta said:

uqYkx9C.png

yea, it sucks they did that move, so they CAN remove drops or other stuff from free to play players but CANT add the 1.5 update to the game xD funny....

and this change will probaly not even fix the bot problem, because bots are just bots.. they can still get white drops and keep making kinah, it will just take a lil longer but they got all the time in the world to do it... not like Free to play players.

in my case i did have the paid subscription and WAS gonna renew it in some weeks again but seeing this move, makes me wonder if they will start to remove subscribed players benefits to add later a "level 2 siels aura" that gives extra stuff that they will probably remove from normal subscription... wouldnt be weird just by seeing the moves they are making right now...

hello all, 

i am enjoying the classic a lot,

I started playing Aion in EU server at 2.1 (i believe?) and always enjoyed the game a lot, even though it was pay to win, i still had fun, even in PvP Vs all maxed players. My issues are, the insane abuse on f2p players on this release, we are 3 players here at home, me, and my 2 daughters, we are all massive fans of the game, but, do you people really believe i will pay 15, 30, or 45 bucks a months for a 12 year old game? and lets face it, these early version didn't really have the content to justify that money.

As mentioned already, Aion was never a rush game, but, it is, as some people will whale out to get the top gear faster than everyone else, and then, they get bored for lack of new content. I have seen this all across the gaming industry and you people never learn, it is necessary a balance between the content for P2W and F2P, if you guys behave as greedy as you always did, feeding those quick dollars from whales, the F2P, will never be tempted to try the "Aura's Siel" and all the others goodies. Most people are not rich, the target player base of this release are the Die-hard fans, so, mostly people who aged and have families and other responsabilities besides gaming. 

Taking off the ability from F2P players to drop even the green items, was a killing stroke, and personally, i am very tempted to go back to WoT, or another of the games i play, at the same time, Asking for 15 dollars for Siels Aura on such an aged game, it just doesnt feel right. 

Remember, all games die, when the F2P crew feels so smashed, they quit, and then, the P2W also quit, because there is no one to easilly bash or the servers are empty.

Even P2W or P2P players, are, i believe in this Aion classic, people who dont really enjoy anymore the feeling of smashing through ranks and scores of the enemy faction, i believe they also enjoy the challenge, the good fight, the excitement of repeating or challenging in a fight other good players.

Make your prices tempting to F2P, many will actually pay, make F2P minimally rewarding, having F2P around, keeps the game healthy, and well spoken in the gaming community. 

Cheers, Waranger.

Archived